Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest 118: Short and Sweet!  (Read 11972 times)

MochaMoko

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: MochaMoko
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Weekly Design Contest 118: Short and Sweet!
« on: June 15, 2021, 05:05:57 pm »
+4

WDC #118: Short and Sweet!
Design a simple card that uses up to 1 official expansion-specific mechanic.
For this week, I'd like to see some short and simple cards! Here are the guidelines:

・No more than ~20 words, or 5 lines.
   For this, I’ll count + amounts (+①, +2 Actions, +1 Coffers) as one word.
・Up to 1 official expansion-specific mechanic (you can also include 0)
   I’m not going to list all the expansion-specific mechanics (there are a lot), but for example, we’ve got Debt, Coffers/Villagers, Looters, Night cards, Spirits, Boons, VP tokens… some of these (VP tokens, Coffers) are in multiple expansions, but they are specific to both expansions. Duration cards are not expansion-specific anymore. And as fun as making your own mechanics is, I’d rather not see those for this week.
・Cut the extra stuff!
   For simplicity, I just want to see one Supply pile from you. No cards out of Supply, no mixed piles with tons of cards. I only want to have to read one card worth of information in order to figure out what’s going on. If it's part of an already-existing mechanic, then I'll allow it as your mechanic. I think Travellers are a bit too much, though. No Travellers this week, sorry.

That’s it! The world is yours! There’s a lot of design space out there!
In regards to the guidelines, you may push the boundaries slightly, and I’ll tell you if I think it’s too much. If you’re adhering to the spirit of simplicity, I’ll probably give you the pass.

For Events, Landmarks, Projects, Ways, States, and Artifacts (am I missing any other landscapes? haha):
・Events may use any singular expansion-specific mechanic.
・Landmarks may only use VP and Debt; Projects may only use Coffers and Villagers; Ways may only use Exile. They are landscape mechanics specific to their respective expansions, but they may use the mechanics that Donald X. has used with them.
・States and Artifacts are already their own specific mechanic, so please do not include any other mechanic with them.
・For example, Fool would not follow the guidelines, because it includes Boons, a State, and an Heirloom.
・Hexes only have to include Hex States by necessity, so if you want to use Hexes as your mechanic, you may; similarly, Boons only include Will-o-Wisp by necessity; you may use Boons as your mechanic as well.

Judging will be based on how interesting and balanced I think the card is. Try not to go too crazy! Extra points if I think it could be in an official expansion.

The deadline will be in a week, midnight UTC of 23 June (end of Tuesday), or 24 hours after I give the 24 hour warning, whichever comes later. 

Happy card designing! I’m looking forward to seeing what you all have to offer!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 05:08:49 pm by MochaMoko »

kru5h

• Duke
  • Respect: +372
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest 118: Short and Sweet!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 08:27:22 pm »
+6

My entry:

Grand Workshop

Priced competitively with Artisan and Altar. Doesn't empty piles too quickly since it's so expensive.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 08:37:57 pm by kru5h »

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 10:28:56 pm »
+4

Oblige • $2 • Event
Trash a Treasure from your hand. If you did, gain a Will-O'-Wisp.

Concept is "remodel into will-o-wisp".
Balance is "do I trash coppers for a card that draws coppers better? or do I trash a ''better'' treasure for them?"
I initially had this at $3 but then I remembered it's essentially $1 more expensive since you have to hold back a treasure.

MochaMoko

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 12:15:43 am »

Hi, reporting in! I haven't seen many other contest judgers talk about their opinions on the submitted cards during the submission period; if this isn't looked well upon, I won't continue doing this, but I would like to give feedback on the cards beforehand (not just about eligibility). Just like with feedback from other fellow creators, this is meant as material for the card creators to consider when thinking about improving their submission. I like seeing cool and balanced cards! Future me can worry about having too many good cards to choose from when judging.

Quote from: kru5h
Grand Workshop
⑥ Action
Gain a card costing up to
⑤. If it costs ④ or less,
gain a copy of it.

This looks like a strong gainer. It may not pile things immediately, but oh boy when we're building I can see that pile pressure being real. It sure lives up to its name.
I've made a ⑤-cost gainer for ⑥ that cares about cost of gained card. This is another interesting take.

Quote from: spineflu
Oblige$2 • Event
Trash a Treasure from your hand. If you did,
gain a Will-O'-Wisp.

Well. I'd love to double-open this. Trash 2 cards, gain two cards that draw? Gimme gimme gimme. It's like Bonfire, except instead of losing the second Copper, you just draw it with the Wisp* (not always, but you know). The thing about Will-o-Wisps is that having a ton of them means that they draw each other. Who needs Coppers to help them draw, they're just a stack of Labs. I like the idea, but it's too strong.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 12:32:22 am »
+9

Hi, reporting in! I haven't seen many other contest judgers talk about their opinions on the submitted cards during the submission period; if this isn't looked well upon, I won't continue doing this, but I would like to give feedback on the cards beforehand (not just about eligibility). Just like with feedback from other fellow creators, this is meant as material for the card creators to consider when thinking about improving their submission. I like seeing cool and balanced cards! Future me can worry about having too many good cards to choose from when judging.

Grand Workshop
⑥ Action
gain a copy of it.

This looks like a strong gainer. It may not pile things immediately, but oh boy when we're building I can see that pile pressure being real. It sure lives up to its name.
I've made a ⑤-cost gainer for ⑥ that cares about cost of gained card. This is another interesting take.

Oblige$2 • Event
gain a Will-O'-Wisp.

Well. I'd love to double-open this. Trash 2 cards, gain two cards that draw? Gimme gimme gimme. It's like Bonfire, except instead of losing the second Copper, you just draw it with the Wisp* (not always, but you know). The thing about Will-o-Wisps is that having a ton of them means that they draw each other. Who needs Coppers to help them draw, they're just a stack of Labs. I like the idea, but it's too strong.

For future reference, I feel like the judge giving feedback before the judging gives certain people an unfair advantage. I'd prefer if judges refrain from giving feedback to contestants before judging time. The exception is if the wording is unclear; you can't judge a card properly if you don't know what it does, so wording feedback is necessary. Balance and interesting-ness feedback not so much.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 12:35:21 am by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

MochaMoko

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 12:41:13 am »
+4

For future reference, I feel like the judge giving feedback before the judging gives certain people an unfair advantage. I'd prefer if judges refrain from giving feedback to contestants before judging time. The exception is if the wording is unclear; you can't judge a card properly if you don't know what it does, so wording feedback is necessary. Balance and interesting-ness feedback not so much.

Very well. I'll keep myself from commenting on these kinds of issues then.
I'll say additionally, though, that spineflu's card might want to have a "You may" for accountability issues (See Advance's text for reference). There's plenty of space; and even if it would bump the word count above, I'd allow it.

mandioca15

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +237
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 03:08:23 am »
+1

Violin (Treasure, $6)

+$2
+1 Card per Violin you have in play (including this).

You may play an Action card from your hand.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 10:07:41 am »
+6

Knave: Action, $5
Reveal your hand. Discard a card per Treasure you revealed. Gain a Gold to your hand.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 04:40:25 pm by LastFootnote »

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 11:30:18 am »
+2

My Submission:

Quote from: Greed Heir
GREEDY HEIR -- $3
ACTION
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy

When you gain this, take the Will.

Quote from: Will
WILL
ARTIFACT
4VP

Greedy Heir is a simple card, but with a lot of interesting interactions (I think). It's not a very good card to have, but if you gain it at thr right time, the reward can be substantial. The last player to gain the card gets a 4VP bonus (without having to put a Victory card into their deck), so there is a lot of incentive to be that person. In most games (without gain-from-trash or return-to-Supply), that will mean being the last to buy or gain the card from the Supply; either by buying the last copy, or buy buying a copy just before the game ends. To avoid giving another players the last copy, a player would not want to buy the second-to-last copy. But, with all of those +Buys out there, a player might very well buy the last 2 copies at once. That might advise leaving 3 in the pile, but even then a player might use two Heirs and $9 to get all three (especially when dealing with a Penultimate Province issue, and not being able to get two Duchy's). Of course, players might opt to lay off the cards entirely early along, but late in the game they might be jonesing for that +Buy when they have to decide whether to forego a better purchase (instead of being able to buy an heir and something else).

I think this qualifies. Your OP seems to include the possibility of using an Artifact, which would inherently require some card for that Artifact to interact with, so I hope this doesn't violate the only-one-card-to-read rule. I tried to find Renaissance to keep it thematically coherent with that expansion.
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 02:34:41 pm »
+2

Grand Workshop
⑥ Action
gain a copy of it.

Oblige$2 • Event
gain a Will-O'-Wisp.

On the other hand,
I feel like it evens out the advantage that late-submitters have, where they see other people's ideas and can kind of iterate with them until they turn into something better. It's still on me to edit my submission into something more palatable (i personally think the double open on Oblige would be on par with opening Mint, eliminating too much of your economy that you have to rebuild on subsequent turns, but that's what I should really be testing for), but it's MochaMoko's contest to run and judge - no one makes a fuss when a non-judge does it (it's usually really valuable when, say, Fragasnap does one of their famous compendium posts), why not give people a sense of where they stand so they can fix their cards?
Like, we say in the "what do I do when I win" post: it's your contest to run. Why change that for pre-emptive "whoa whoa whoa, don't do that" posts?

didn't wanna do the trailer park boys joke, to thematically tie it to highway/bridge?

Oblige • $2 • Event
Trash a Treasure from your hand. If you did, gain a Will-O'-Wisp.

Concept is "remodel into will-o-wisp".
Balance is "do I trash coppers for a card that draws coppers better? or do I trash a ''better'' treasure for them?"
I initially had this at $3 but then I remembered it's essentially $1 more expensive since you have to hold back a treasure.
Gonna replace my entry with this:

Sycophant • $2 • Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's a Sycophant, put it in your hand.

Pile is 16 deep, doesn't scale on player count.
Did you know Syncophant only has one 'n' in it? I didn't.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 02:48:12 pm by spineflu »

MochaMoko

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 02:59:59 pm »
+1

I think this qualifies. Your OP seems to include the possibility of using an Artifact, which would inherently require some card for that Artifact to interact with, so I hope this doesn't violate the only-one-card-to-read rule. I tried to find Renaissance to keep it thematically coherent with that expansion.

You're good! All of these submissions are coming out to be nice and simple. Yes!

Reveal your hand and discard a card per Treasure you revealed. Gain a Gold to your hand.

No problems with your submission eligibility-wise. I think it would read nicer and be more consistent with, say, City Quarter and Crossroads, if it were "Reveal your hand. Discard a card per Treasure card revealed."

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 03:39:57 pm »
+8

edit on june 23rd: my previous file hosting site went down so switched to imgur

Charge | Event | $8
Once per game:
Play the top card of each Action Supply pile in any order, leaving them there.
Edit: cost changed to $8

Wow, this is probably the most bonkers idea I've submitted. Simple, but totally out of control.
I will point out that this card isn't very strategic at all, in almost every game it's pretty clear if you want to buy this, and if you, you're going to want to buy this as soon as you can. The point of this event is it's just a fun thing to do. But we have to limit it to once a game, because then it's broken in some Kingdoms. In games with multiple attacks that stack, you likely want to rush $8 to get this, that's pretty much as far as this goes, strategically. Of course there's cases like Beggar and no trashing, or lots of virtual money but no +buy or gainers that make you think twice about buying this.

In tests with random kingdoms, this works well. Because it happens once, I decided to let it go full-wild (no restrictions on Duration cards -- the buyer will remember and it's easy because they can just look at the entire Supply on their next turn, and no restrictions on Commands -- it wasn't as confusing as I'd thought it'd be).

Open to feedback. I think this counts as simple for the contest? Even if the effect can be complicated.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 02:37:02 pm by anordinaryman »

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 03:57:16 pm »
+2

Hopefully the 21 words is okay.  Funny enough, this would have qualified last week too.  Anyway, in a normal game this could end up being +2 Cards and +$3, which is cool.  Obviously with Platinum, Capitol, or other treasures it could be better.  If you don't get your deck trim enough, or if you don't get lucky, it could end up being +2 Cards +$1.  Not nearly as cool.  You can get yourself some Golds to help it work, but the Coppers could get in the way.

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 04:06:00 pm »
+1

Charge | Event | $10
Once per game:

Wow, this is probably the most bonkers idea I've submitted. Simple, but totally out of control.
I will point out that this card isn't very strategic at all, in almost every game you're going to want to buy this, and you're going to want to buy this as soon as you can. The point of this event is it's just a fun thing to do. But we have to limit it to once a game, because then it's broken. In games with multiple attacks, you likely want to rush $10 to get this, that's pretty much as far as this goes, strategically. Of course there's cases like Beggar and no trashing, or lots of virtual money but no +buy or gainers that make you think twice about buying this.

In tests with random kingdoms, this works well. Because it happens once, I decided to let it go full-wild (no restrictions on Duration cards -- the buyer will remember and it's easy because they can just look at the entire Supply on their next turn, and no restrictions on Commands -- it wasn't as confusing as I'd thought it'd be).

Open to feedback. I think this counts as simple for the contest? Even if the effect can be complicated.
wild that this can play fortune if you've thinned the gladiators, since thats an Action supply pile.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 04:20:43 pm »
+1

Charge | Event | $10
Once per game:

I will point out that this card isn't very strategic at all, in almost every game you're going to want to buy this, and you're going to want to buy this as soon as you can. The point of this event is it's just a fun thing to do. But we have to limit it to once a game, because then it's broken. In games with multiple attacks, you likely want to rush $10 to get this, that's pretty much as far as this goes, strategically. Of course there's cases like Beggar and no trashing, or lots of virtual money but no +buy or gainers that make you think twice about buying this.
You seem to think that this card is very strong, but I feel it's overpriced. A lot of Actions are pretty useless when played during the buy phase, I don't think there are many boards where you'd get enough value out of this to buy it at all. It also looks kind of sorry compared to Populate. If this returned you to your Action phase, it might be a different story.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

anordinaryman

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 04:27:20 pm »
+2

Charge | Event | $10
Once per game:

You seem to think that this card is very strong, but I feel it's overpriced. A lot of Actions are pretty useless when played during the buy phase, I don't think there are many boards where you'd get enough value out of this to buy it at all. It also looks kind of sorry compared to Populate. If this returned you to your Action phase, it might be a different story.

I looked at Reddit's last three weekly design contests and it was super powerful and totally worth 10. But Events (especially one-time-buy events) can be priced cheaper. Thanks for your feedback, I'll consider it!

Edit: considered and decided to re-price at $8

Hopefully the 21 words is okay.  Funny enough, this would have qualified last week too.  Anyway, in a normal game this could end up being +2 Cards and +$3, which is cool.  Obviously with Platinum, Capitol, or other treasures it could be better.  If you don't get your deck trim enough, or if you don't get lucky, it could end up being +2 Cards +$1.  Not nearly as cool.  You can get yourself some Golds to help it work, but the Coppers could get in the way.

This has an issue: it forces dominion players to be honest. What if they don't have any treasures in their hand? It should have a "or you may play" but then this makes the card 23 words and is probably less likely to qualify.
I think this is a little more powerful than you anticipate. You want this in games where you want Treasures, and in games where you want treasures, you're very likely to have at least a silver or better in a random 6 card hand. So this card is usually going to be at least as good as "+2 Cards +2$"
You could try 5 and make the gold gaining not self-junk you. It would fit in 20 words:
+2 Cards. Choose one: gain a gold; or you may play a Treasure from your hand twice

. . .
wild that this can play fortune if you've thinned the gladiators, since thats an Action supply pile.
Wow! That's pretty cool!
Unfortunately, it's not likely to be that amazing. If the Gladiators are exposed, you probably already played a Fortune that turn. The best case would probably be that Gladiators are NOT exposed, one of the supply cards is a gainer and you play that before the Gladiator/Fortune pile so that the Fortune is now revealed for you to play with Charge. Then you use that money and +buy from the Fortune to buy your first actual Fortune. Hoping you have at least $4 leftover after buying Charge.

Gonna replace my entry with this:

Sycophant • $2 • Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's a Sycophant, put it in your hand.

Pile is 16 deep, doesn't scale on player count.
Did you know Syncophant only has one 'n' in it? I didn't.

I love this idea!! I don't think it needs to have 16 cards in it, though.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 04:30:14 pm »

Reveal your hand and discard a card per Treasure you revealed. Gain a Gold to your hand.

No problems with your submission eligibility-wise. I think it would read nicer and be more consistent with, say, City Quarter and Crossroads, if it were "Reveal your hand. Discard a card per Treasure card revealed."

I think I agree. I'll make that change soon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 04:39:26 pm »

Charge | Event | $10
Once per game:

I looked at Reddit's last three weekly design contests and it was super powerful and totally worth 10. But Events (especially one-time-buy events) can be priced cheaper. Thanks for your feedback, I'll consider it!

Dunno. I just played 3 games imagining this was in the kingdom - it was clearly not worth going for this in any of them (not even the one with Way of the Sheep). Don't think $8 would have fixed this. A problem I noticed is that without +buy even the money you get from it is useless.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 04:41:29 pm by faust »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 04:58:17 pm »
+4

All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

anordinaryman

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 06:04:46 pm »
+2

Charge | Event | $10
Once per game:

Dunno. I just played 3 games imagining this was in the kingdom - it was clearly not worth going for this in any of them (not even the one with Way of the Sheep). Don't think $8 would have fixed this. A problem I noticed is that without +buy even the money you get from it is useless.
In games where there is no +buy in the supply, building is not very useful. Of course a high-cost event wouldn't be useful for those kingdoms.

But it troubles me that you found 3 kingdoms it doesn't work in, so I did more investigation to increase my sample size.
 Let's look at what Charge roughly does in the pre-made Menagerie Kingdoms (http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Menagerie_(expansion)). It's more powerful than what I'm saying because I'm making particular choices of how to play cards for this exercise.

Intro to Horses:  +$9, you can likely trash a gained horse with scrap to get a buy so this pays for itself, gain two horses, you may trash a card, you get +3cards +1buy at start of next turn. Incredibly worth it. And I ignored way of the sheep which could make it even better.

Intro to Exile: +2$ +2buy, gain a card costing up to $4, may gain a silver, at start of next turn play a card three times, Cardinal attack opponents, exile 1-2 cards from hand. The money roughly makes this essentially cost $6 to attack opponents, and set up a mastermind for next turn, and exile some cards from hand. Not as good as previous one, but still potentially worth it depending on the state of the game.

Pony Express: +$3 +1buy, gain a card costing up to $5, +2 Horses, +3 cards +1 buy at start of next turn, you may Mine a card. If you were going to buy any card for $5, this pays for itself. This is absolutely worth it on a turn you don't want to buy another Artisan. Way of the Seal makes this even crazier it could be +$6 instead and then is of course a no brainer.

Garden of Cats:  Displace a card, +2 Buy, scrap, gain a gold. Well, this is kind of like a super expensive farmland/TravellingFair/Gold. Probably not worth it.

Dog and Pony Show: Gain 4 horses, Torturer Attack, +$5 +1 Buy,  Upgrade a card, you may trash from hand. With the $ and buy this essentailly costs $3 for 3 horses, a torturer attack and an upgrade. An insanely good deal.

Explosions: +$6, you can scrap to get +buy, Replace and Lurker (good combo), Coven attack, Courtyard to set up next turn. Eh, this one is possibly worth it. But, if we factor in Way of the Squirrel, it becomes insane, can draw an extra 8 cards at end of turn and still get all of the above. So it is very worth it in this Kingdom.

Innsmouth: +$8, Coven Attack, Gain a silver or Gold, At start of next turn +4 cards +1buy +1 action +1$, Haven. Yup, this is worth it. Probably if you got up to $8 you have a Barge in play with an extra buy which just makes Charge essentially cost 2 to set up next turn well.

Notice how most of the time I didn't even rely on Ways being present to show how useful this card is. I have no idea how you generated your Kingdoms. Even if I include your Kingdoms without knowing what they are, it's still a really good event at least half the time. 50% excellent, 20% depends on situation, 30% not worth it.

But I think it's better than that, looking less carefully at the next few Kingdoms up through Dark Ages:

Very Good: Ruritania, Class of 20, Birth of a Nation (assuming bought early with +buys from Stockpile), Big Blue (ONLY because of Way of the Turtle. Without Way of the turtle it would be bad), Intersection
Possibly Good: Limited Time Offer, Living in Exile (Way of the Mule actually means this is very likely good)
Meh/bad: Thrill of the Hunt (though Way of the Rat could make it Possibly Good), Friendly Carnage, Gift Horses

Okay, I was wrong, it isn't better than that! This actually confirms the previous ratios, it's about 50% amazing/unskippable, 20% possibly good, 30% probably not worth it. Overall, in the majority of Kingdoms you will be going for it.

For how crazy it is, those ratios feel balanced to me.

I picked Menagerie because this event fits most in Menagerie with the "playing Action cards at strange times" sub-theme.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 01:45:19 am by faust »

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 06:18:11 pm »
+3

Very Good: Ruritania, Class of 20, Birth of a Nation (assuming bought early with +buys from Stockpile), Big Blue (ONLY because of Way of the Turtle. Without Way of the turtle it would be bad), Intersection

Way of the Turtle doesn't do anything with the cards you play using Charge. When WotT fails to set them aside, they don't get played at the start of the next turn.
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 08:34:40 pm »

Factory
Action - $5
+3 Cards
Gain a Factory

spheremonk

• Bishop
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2021, 12:48:43 am »
+2

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:05:38 pm by spheremonk »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2021, 01:03:32 am »
+2

Fortunately, you didn't say anything about the artwork being simple.

*Draw until you have 5 cards in hand.
Drawing won't change the number of cards you have, only the number you have in hand.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2021, 01:40:34 am »
+1

I have no idea how you generated your Kingdoms.
I played random games on ShuffleIT.

My sample size wasn't very big, that's for sure. Clearly there are kingdoms where this is great. I think looking at Menagerie is kind of skewing things in Charge's favor, not just because of the Ways, but also because much of the draw there comes through Horses, and Horses are obviously much better for Charge than actual +cards. Plus there's an above-average amount of Durations.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 01:45:38 am by faust »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.