Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #117: In the wrong place at the wrong time  (Read 9004 times)

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #117: In the wrong place at the wrong time
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2021, 03:44:55 pm »
+3

Sauna/Silver works as well.

Likewise, playing a Reaction during an opponent’s turn as Way of the Mouse with any card that trashes would also do the trick.

Or replaying a trashing Action using Scepter. Or gaining a trashing Action (by buying it or otherwise) during your Buy phase when you have Innovation and playing it.

Animal Fair works, as you can trash Weaponsmith for its alternate buy effect. You also missed Enhance and Watchtower.

There's also The Flame's Gift, which you can sometimes get outside of your Action phase (via Idol, Blessed Village's on-gain, or an opponent's Sacred Grove).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 03:59:18 pm by emtzalex »
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

mathdude

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2021, 03:54:20 pm »

Let's go with a split pile:

The top card is unassuming, and quite weak on its own.  It pairs well with something like Tactician, allowing you to get more coins before you discard your hand and still possibly buy something useful on that turn.

But once you get to the bottom card, it works similar to Venture, except that you don't get to play the treasure you reveal (while resolving it's effects - if it's another Repository card, you can play it in your Buy phase still).  But now if you can pair up things well, for the $5 card, you can get a +Buy and $4.  Sometimes it will only be worth $2 though (similar to Venture).  But now Lender allowing you to play a Treasure in your Action phase pairs up with cards like Tactician mentioned above, but also has strong combinations with drawing any other Lenders or Repositories you draw from the Repository you played (and can allow you to play any more of the Lenders that you drew).
he/him

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2021, 04:30:56 pm »

edit: Added "and no card effects are resolving" so this doesn't trigger when someone hits 8-in-hand off a Forum or an all-copper Royal Blacksmith. I think I borrowed that from mtg or something so if someone has a more appropriate dominionese wording, i'm open to suggestions.
That's a bit hard to follow condition, especially when Duration cards are present (are they still resolving?). One option is to borrow the wording from Royal Carriage: "Directly after another player finish playing a card,...."

Good call. I'm making that change.

Xen3k

• Tactician
  • Respect: +581
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2021, 05:49:22 pm »
+4

Night Preacher - $3
Night - Reaction
Trash a card in your hand.
+1 Card at the end of this turn.
----
When you gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand, to gain it to your hand. If you do, play this.

A simple trasher that can be played whenever you gain a card with the added benefit that you gain the card to your hand. Great at countering junkers but can be tricky if you react to getting something nice on your turn as the trashing is mandatory. Not sure about the price, as a non-terminal trasher is pretty good at $3. Had it draw to a 6 card hand on the following turn, but could not get the "Night - Reaction - Duration" coloration to look good and this version is functional if a bit stronger. Feedback is appreciated.

MochaMoko

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: MochaMoko
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2021, 06:36:10 pm »
+1

I am not disqualifying this card (yet). I am on the border at the moment. I am going to let you state your case if you'd like.
One of the rules was "It is ok if it requires a little support provided the support is common in games"
[...]
I did a couple randomized sets and got 3/10 that had a way to trash outside of your action phase. So I am somewhat leaning to disqualify this.

This is a fair point. Village Green's activation effect has plenty of triggers out of your Action phase, though its more common functionality is still during Action phase. Weaponsmith's cases out of Action phase feel much more edgy. Buy phase trashing is not very common, though they exist. (Buy phase discarding is also not too common, but) Trashing attacks are also (thankfully) few and far between, unlike discard attacks.

I think this card is narrow enough to be considered for disqualification, but it's, like you said, on the border. I will keep it out here, though, until I can think up of a card that more easily fits into the criteria.

DunnoItAll

• Thief
  • Respect: +127
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2021, 06:59:34 pm »
+1

Timinou

• Witch
  • Respect: +634
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2021, 09:35:03 pm »

Is there a reason this needs to be a Duration?  You don’t need to spend Villagers right away, so isn’t it simpler just to gain them during the turn in which Recruits is played?  I guess there could be some esoteric benefits that you could get from playing the Treasures at the start of your next turn, but I don’t think those will be that common.  If it was an attempt to nerf the card, I don’t think it’s necessary.  Even as a non-Duration, I think it might be weak for $4.

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 11:07:54 pm »
+4

I am not disqualifying this card (yet). I am on the border at the moment. I am going to let you state your case if you'd like.
One of the rules was "It is ok if it requires a little support provided the support is common in games"
[...]
I did a couple randomized sets and got 3/10 that had a way to trash outside of your action phase. So I am somewhat leaning to disqualify this.

This is a fair point. Village Green's activation effect has plenty of triggers out of your Action phase, though its more common functionality is still during Action phase. Weaponsmith's cases out of Action phase feel much more edgy. Buy phase trashing is not very common, though they exist. (Buy phase discarding is also not too common, but) Trashing attacks are also (thankfully) few and far between, unlike discard attacks.

I think this card is narrow enough to be considered for disqualification, but it's, like you said, on the border. I will keep it out here, though, until I can think up of a card that more easily fits into the criteria.

I've thought about it, and because it's on the border, I'm going to err on the side of leniency. I'd rather keep the contest fun then be overly nitpicky (and as emtzalex pointed out, there seems to be more ways to trash it outside your action phase that I've missed). I won't detract any judging points bc it's on the border; I'll judge it for what it is.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2021, 11:42:43 pm »
+2

My Submission (a 5/5 split pile):

Quote from: Respite
RESPITE -- $4
ACTION
+2 Cards
If you have an odd number of Respites in play, you may play and Action card from your hand; if an even number, a Treasure card.

Quote from: Nepenthe
NEPENTHE -- $5
TREASURE
$2
If it's your Action phase, +1 Action; otherwise, choose one: trash a Curse from your hand; or +1 Buy.

While I normally reserve my pop-culture/literary references for the fan card mechanic contest, since I'm judging it this week I'll have to make one here.

The first time you play Respite it is (effectively) a Lab, which is a steal at $4. The next one is a Lackeys without the on-buy bonus, which would be overpriced at $2. Of course, the first Respite increase your chance of getting ahold of a village to let you play the second Respite non-terminally.

Once you get through the Respites, you get to Nepenthe, which can make your second Respite non-terminal, if you can collide all 3 cards. Because it's a split pile, you can do this at most 2 times in a turn, so it shouldn't be too overpowering. If you missed the Respites, Nepenthe also combos with Black Market or Storyteller, while there are plenty of tricks to work Respite to your advantage (particularly if you can play one real copy, then emulate it with Command cards).
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2021, 11:43:40 pm »
+2

Sandwich Shop
cost $2 - Action - Reaction
+1 Action
+$1
+1 Buy
Take an extra buy phase immediately.
---
When another player plays an Attack card, you may first play this from your hand.

Ex1.
play a Sandwich Shop
(You can play Treasures.)
play 2 Coppers
buy a Silver
(Return to your action phase.)
play a Library to draw 6 cards

Ex2.
Another player plays a Militia
You play a Sandwich Shop
You play 4 Coppers
You buy a Duchy
You don't discard your hand (you have 0 card).

Note: After another player's turns, you have $0.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2021, 03:21:13 pm »
+3

Gaulish Village allows you to play a Potion during your Action phase.

Essentially, your Potion becomes a Lab if you can collide it with a Gaulish Village.  You don't spend the Potion that you play in order to get the Lab effect, so you can still use it during your Buy phase to buy another Gaulish Village (or other Potion-cost card).

Since it's not costing you an Action to play, the Potion actually becomes a Lost City (which might be a bit redundant when played with a village).
he/him/his

The Alchemist

• Golem
  • Respect: +214
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2021, 05:23:13 pm »
+3

Aqua Vitae:
Similar to Apothecary, allows for playing Potions and Coppers in the Action phase, and makes engines with little Copper thinning or DtX engines with potion cards a lot more viable. The and/or means to play up to 3 cards, of which either could be a Copper or Potion. Name and theme based off a similar card by eHalcyon.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2021, 05:44:18 am »
+5

Burial Mound - $4+
Victory

Worth 1VP per 2 differently named Actions in the trash.
-
When you buy this, you may overpay for it, to replay and then trash one non-Duration card you have in play per $ you overpaid.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 06:06:09 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2021, 10:59:01 pm »

Aqua Vitae:
Similar to Apothecary, allows for playing Potions and Coppers in the Action phase, and makes engines with little Copper thinning or DtX engines with potion cards a lot more viable. The and/or means to play up to 3 cards, of which either could be a Copper or Potion. Name and theme based off a similar card by eHalcyon.

Just to clarify, do you get the value of the card in addition to the +$1/+buy? For example, if I play a potion and choose +buy, do I get a potion and a +buy?

spheremonk

• Bishop
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2021, 02:42:42 am »
+1

This may seem swingy, but compared to Black Market, a jump-ball for all cards seems less luck-based than random cards off the top of the deck. Some Foreign Market mats may have a first-player advantage, but as we know, Dominion has a built-in first player advantage.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 02:44:00 am by spheremonk »

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2021, 03:14:11 am »
+2

This may seem swingy, but compared to Black Market, a jump-ball for all cards seems less luck-based than random cards off the top of the deck. Some Foreign Market mats may have a first-player advantage, but as we know, Dominion has a built-in first player advantage.
Swingy and luck-based aren't the same thing. It is very much possible to get a game-deciding card from the Black Market deck. However, you don't know beforehand that you are going to get it, and thus you cannot plan your deck to make the most use of it, and furthermore, every time the opponent plays Black Market they have a chance to get an equally good card. They may never do, but the possibilty keeps the game going and interesting. With Foreign Market it's just, okay, you got the Mountebank off the Foreign Market mat, gg I guess. The game is over by the second shuffle.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

The Alchemist

• Golem
  • Respect: +214
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2021, 05:24:31 am »

Aqua Vitae:

Just to clarify, do you get the value of the card in addition to the +$1/+buy? For example, if I play a potion and choose +buy, do I get a potion and a +buy?

Yes, the card instructs you to play the treasures, so they enter play and give their resource as normal. It would need the "instead" keyword otherwise.

Shael

• Bishop
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2021, 03:00:00 pm »
+1

Aqua Vitae:
good catch, you've done it before me, I haven't thinked about this one.

Anyway, Here's my submition:

Pillager

+3 Cards
Each other player exile a Ruins from the Supply.
If it isn't your turn, they discard all their exiled Ruin.
-
When an other player buy a card costing more than $6, you may play this from your hand.

6$ Action-Reaction-Attack-Looter

Pillager is one of my previous card.
It's a little bit like Coven (and black cat) but it don’t strongly junk you at the end: it’s more delayed. Moreover, have a ruin in Exile is way better than have a Curse in Exile but play this outside of your turn make it non-terminal. I usualy design cards that change the way to play the game and I think Pillager change if you'll buy Province or not and when you'll do it.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 03:12:17 pm by Shael »
¤ Post here your favorite fan-cards ¤ The Archive ¤ Witchcraft, a Potion & Exile themed Expansion ¤ Not so Soon ¤                                          

Timinou

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2021, 07:32:04 pm »
+1

Aqua Vitae:
good catch, you've done it before me, I haven't thinked about this one.

Anyway, Here's my submition:

Pillager

+3 Cards
Each other player exile a Ruins from the Supply.
If it isn't your turn, they discard all their exiled Ruin.
-
When an other player buy a card costing more than $6, you may play this from your hand.

6$ Action-Reaction-Attack-Looter

Pillager is one of my previous card.
It's a little bit like Coven (and black cat) but it don’t strongly junk you at the end: it’s more delayed. Moreover, have a ruin in Exile is way better than have a Curse in Exile but play this outside of your turn make it non-terminal. I usualy design cards that change the way to play the game and I think Pillager change if you'll buy Province or not and when you'll do it.

Are you fine with Pillager becoming weaker with cost reduction?  If not, maybe it should say "costing more than this"?  Would it also be so bad if it was triggered on gain rather than on buy?

Timinou

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2021, 07:40:19 pm »
+1

Gaulish Village allows you to play a Potion during your Action phase.

Essentially, your Potion becomes a Lab if you can collide it with a Gaulish Village.  You don't spend the Potion that you play in order to get the Lab effect, so you can still use it during your Buy phase to buy another Gaulish Village (or other Potion-cost card).

Since it's not costing you an Action to play, the Potion actually becomes a Lost City (which might be a bit redundant when played with a village).

You're right...and I also agree that having the extra Action is overkill.  I've updated the card:

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2021, 09:53:47 pm »
+6

24 Hour Warning!

Get your submissions in now. Here is what I have so far (will add comments later). Please make sure that your submission is there and that it is up to date. Just as a heads up, I know I am going to be a bit busy. I will try to get to this ASAP, but this might take a couple of days.

Ruby by mandioca15
(Treasure, $4)
+$2
---
When you gain or trash this, you may play an Action card from your hand.
A silver, with a little extra boost when you gain or trash it. Nothing flashy, but I think it's a nice and balanced card.
Nightmare by grep

The only entry that allows curses to be played. I think this has some interesting interactions. It doles out curses, but it doesn’t clog the deck as well. They can use the curse they just got to get some draw later. So it still clogs the deck, but not as much as a normal curse. And even after the curses are gone, you can use your own nightmare to make your curses horse gainers (but then you allow your opponent to do that too). Definitely an interesting one.
Tenancy by Kingreaper

As pointed out there is this kind of dilemma with pricing. The final version seems a bit weak for its price. I'm sure there are games where it will be worth it, but you need to buy this at least twice (and then buy some estates) to really make it worthwhile, and at that point I'd have to consider the opportunity cost of 2 $6 turns.
Interpreter by kru5h

It has some potential, but I think this is a bit too strong. Even  a single interperter makes a whole turn very different. Most engines have some sort of virtual currency (and this card provides a way to get coin midturn as well). If all coins can now be used as actions, it makes it a lot easier to not have to worry about terminal collision. I think a more balanced fix might take off the bottom part, and allow you to convert coin to action when you play it, not during the whole turn.
Umarell by spineflu

The card is pretty straightforward. I like the interaction. If you can't pull it off, it's somewhat weak for a $5. If you can, it's pretty good. I like how just the presence of this card in my opponents deck might make me careful in keeping my handsize low (playing actions in the right order).
Misfit by NoMoreFun
Night - $4
Gain a card costing up to $4. If it's an Action, you may play it.
This compares well to Ironworks. They both don’t take actions if you use it to get an action (which is what you'll usually get with <$4). This doesn't get you any +$1 or +Card for treasures or victory cards (or more for dual types), but it allows you to play the actions you get. How useful an action is in your night phase, depends on the action card. Overall I think it's good
Wanderer/ Boomerang by Aquila

Kind of reminds me of vassal or herald. Has some interesting choices, especially with the opening. Do I play a boomerang by itself and risk my opponent stealing my boomerang from the trash? I think the interaction overall is ok, but I think it suffers from the fact that all of your wanderers depend so much on one card (presuming you don't steal one from someone else). It seems it will be very swingy. If I start my turn with a boomerang, my wanderers will be pretty strong; if my boomerang is at the bottom of my deck, I won't get to use my wanderers to their full potential. Worse if I trash my boomerang and my opponent takes it, his wanderers are better and my wanderers are weak. Even if you're careful to not trash your boomerang, with swindler this can be annoying if your opponent trashes your boomerang and then steals it.
Weaponsmith by MochaMoko

I've always liked fortress, and I think this a good addition. It's not too similar, but it's got the same flavor. I really like it.
Mad Hatter by mxdata

Tresure token seems like the more common route. It seems similar to lost arts, but obviously playing actions during your action phase works better than playing them during your buy phase. I like capitalism, so I like this card as well. It doesn't work for as many cards but at least you get to choose. I think anordinaoryman's Midas's Touch had a good idea of preventing you from putting this on provinces so you can't use mint or hero to gain provinces too easily. Either way the fact that there are interesting combos that you mentioned (like spice merchant) makes this a nice card.
Monarchy by X-tra

I think you said it well yourself; this is the missing link. The game of dominion is now complete. :) It fits very well into the cards that already exist.
Politician by Chappy7

It's pretty simple in a normal game. The more victory cards you can play with these, the better they become. In games with action-victory cards they become even stronger. I can my windmills first so that all of my politicians are stronger, or I can use my politician to play my windmill, saving me an action. My gut tells me that this is too cheap for what it can do (even in a game without action-victory cards). With enough of these, they can become a strong draw engine by themselves.
Gaulish Village by Timinou

A village that lets you make use of that potion card clogging deck (or not clogging your deck if you're still using it). I feel like ghalish village and potion combo could be too strong (if it lines up), and at the same time, too swingy. I need those potions to line up with my GV.
Lender/ Repository by mathdude

Pretty straightforward. Repository makes lender worthwhile (without it, lender seems weak). It think the pile is good.
Night Preacher by Xen3k

I think this a well balanced card. Can be used to defend against junkers, and can also let you get gained cards immediately. I like this one.
Recruits by DunnoItAll

My instinct tells me this is too strong. Villagers are pretty powerful, but this $4 card could get you a ton to last you for a pretty long time. Two silvers would get you 4 villagers which can make your engine run way more smooth. Even 2 coppers can be a pretty big help.
Respite/ Nepenthe by emtzalex

I like the way these cards synergize. Respite will be a bit rough before you get to the bottom of the pile, but I think that's fine. Overall good.
Sandwich Shop by majiponi
cost $2 - Action - Reaction
+1 Action
+$1
+1 Buy
Take an extra buy phase immediately.
---
When another player plays an Attack card, you may first play this from your hand.
I think this price is about right. Not a game changer, but it can be used for good effect.
Aqua Vitae by The Alchemist

This seems strong. Even a single copper turns this into a market. 2 coppers make this better than a grand market. That's just my feeling.
Burial Mound by faust

This card will usually have an upper limit on how much it can be worth (5vp). In most games it will probably be worth less (if some of the kingdom cards are non-actions, or not all kingdom cards are trashed). Considering how much it will be worth and how much effort you have to put in to making it worth vp, it seems like I would normally skip on it, even with the benfit of replaying actions.
Foreign Market by spheremonk

I like black market, but this rubs me the wrong way. First player will have a huge advantage if there's a coveted card to get. At least with black market you always have a chance of getting something worthwhile. And very quickly there won't be anything worth getting on the Foreign Market mat which will makes this card a terminal silver. If I get this to race to get a certain card and lose, it will be a huge setback. Besides, I think this makes AP more common since I'm looking at buying 12+10 different cards than just BM's 3+10.
Pillager by Shael

Similar to coven in a way. The reaction will most likely be triggered on provinces bc there aren't a lot of cards that are more than $6. I'd like it if it was cheaper. $6 just seems way too much for this. Compare this to cultist (only $5) which can quickly overun your opponents deck (rather thn exiling ruins) and get you draw.
Home Guard/ Cover of Darkness by Mahowrath

Cover of darkness seems a bit cheap for what it's doing (considering you can get $1 for all your unplayed cards). Home guard seems ok, but I don't think I'd ever buy more than one or two so I wonder if you'd ever get down to CoD. Irregardless of all this, I fail to see how this abides by the rules of the contest. I said that the start of your turn is considered your action phase for the purpose of this contest. The only way to play an unusually timed card is with an attack-treasure or an attack-night card (which is not that common). I'm sorry I didn't disqualify this before, but it was at the end of the contest, and I just noticed this while judging.
Prosperctor by fika monster

This seems too weak. If I use this on a copper, this is basically +$2 and give everyone a copper, which is weak compared to other junkers. If I use it on other treasures, I'm helping my opponents.
Midas's Touch by anordinaryman

I think this a slightly better version of mxdata's mad hatter. You took care of the province problem, and I think $4 is probably a little more balanced even if the action token isn't used on the rare token it would be helpful. Very good.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 03:19:49 am by naitchman »

Mahowrath

• Spy
  • Respect: +192
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2021, 08:15:50 am »
+2

Pretty sure my entry is too late, but I just had an idea that may or may not qualify, so at least for the sake of sharing:

]
Home Guard:
Action - Attack - Reserve: $3
If it's the start of your turn, +$2 and each other player discards down to 3 cards in hand.

Otherwise, put this on your Tavern mat.
-
At the start of your turn, you may call this to play it.
Cover of Darkness:
Night - Duration: $4
At the end of this turn, +1 Card, then set aside any number of cards from your hand face down under this.
At the start of your next turn, you may play any Attacks set aside with this, and discard the rest for +$1 each.

5/5 split pile: Reserve Attack, and a night card with an end of turn effect. playing Action or Night Attack cards at the start of your turn should hopefully be unusual enough to qualify.

Home Guard is a cheap Militia you can only use at most every other turn. This should hopefully be popular enough to justify acquiring Cover of Darkness as a cheap duration gold when you would otherwise be attacked, with a chance of playing home guard in 1 turn, or gaining actions off your Attacks in general.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:41:29 am by Mahowrath »

fika monster

• Witch
  • 27 year old swedish guy. PFP by haps
  • Respect: +459
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2021, 08:17:32 am »
+5

last minute entry

Swedish guy, Furry hipster otter

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2021, 11:11:59 am »

Pretty sure my entry is too late, but I just had an idea that may or may not qualify, so at least for the sake of sharing:

]
Home Guard:
Action - Attack - Reserve: $3
If it's the start of your turn, +$2 and each other player discards down to 3 cards in hand.

Otherwise, put this on your Tavern mat.
-
At the start of your turn, you may call this to play it.
Cover of Darkness:
Night - Duration: $4
At the end of this turn, +1 Card, then set aside any number of cards from your hand face down under this.
At the start of your next turn, you may play any Attacks set aside with this, and discard the rest for +$1 each.

5/5 split pile: Reserve Attack, and a night card with an end of turn effect. playing Action or Night Attack cards at the start of your turn should hopefully be unusual enough to qualify.

Home Guard is a cheap Militia you can only use at most every other turn. This should hopefully be popular enough to justify acquiring Cover of Darkness as a cheap duration gold when you would otherwise be attacked, with a chance of playing home guard in 1 turn, or gaining actions off your Attacks in general.

For Cover of Darkness, if I set aside multiple Attacks, can I play just some of those Attacks and discard the rest for + apiece? If so, I think it should say "any or all" to make it clearer.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2021, 12:26:49 pm »
+3

Last minute entry!!!

Midas's Touch | Event | $4
Move your Treasure Token to a Supply Pile with a top facing card costing up to $6. (During your turns, cards from that Pile are also Treasures.)

Capitalism for anything. You can even move this to an Estate -- estates are now treasures on your turn. They don't do anything on play, but you can trash them with loan or counterfeit now. There's lots of crazy combos and fun stuff to do with this, but you can only have it on one Supply pile at a time. The up to $6 makes it harder for Hero to gain Provinces, though with cost-reducers it is still possible. Put it on a valuable card and now your Bandit can trash those cards from your opponent. This card can get a little crazy, but that's the point. It got out of control for King Midas, as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.