Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145584 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 6)
« Reply #1750 on: August 04, 2021, 06:03:30 pm »

So my guess is that Dylan actually had the power he claimed, but was redirected by Swowl, which is why he got the result that he did, with Swowl targeting Dylan and also EFHW.

I also just realized that this is the quote you keep restating. I do not believe that you are a redirector any more. I just think you targeted Dylan, EFHW, and Jack N4 with different actions (two personal roles and one factional kill).

Ok cool cool cool. What abilities do I have in which I am selecting those 3 targets?
Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Players alive at the time were (excluding myself) [Dylan, Jack, EFHW, GK, LaLight].

I have an explanation that is way simpler than anything I think you can come up with here - but for the sake of argument, what is your theory?

Not sure, but probably block Dylan or Jack, kill EFHW or Dylan, maybe give radiation poisoning to the third?

Not sure what a third power would be, maybe make someone hated?

Cool.
You think Dylan's results are true right? How did he get them if I blocked him?

He was commuted by Jack, making him untargetable.

but then I didn't target him. in regards to results.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 04, 2021, 06:11:29 pm »

So my guess is that Dylan actually had the power he claimed, but was redirected by Swowl, which is why he got the result that he did, with Swowl targeting Dylan and also EFHW.

I also just realized that this is the quote you keep restating. I do not believe that you are a redirector any more. I just think you targeted Dylan, EFHW, and Jack N4 with different actions (two personal roles and one factional kill).

Ok cool cool cool. What abilities do I have in which I am selecting those 3 targets?
Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Players alive at the time were (excluding myself) [Dylan, Jack, EFHW, GK, LaLight].

I have an explanation that is way simpler than anything I think you can come up with here - but for the sake of argument, what is your theory?

Not sure, but probably block Dylan or Jack, kill EFHW or Dylan, maybe give radiation poisoning to the third?

Cool.

Ok, so maybe you blocked Jack?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 04, 2021, 07:26:55 pm »

Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Cool.

OK cool. Why? What would be my motivation to do that? Honestly, after the claims, what would be my motivation to do anything?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 04, 2021, 08:04:28 pm »

Jack was a rolestopper. I think you would still count as targeting Dylan, but it would fail because of Jack.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 04, 2021, 08:25:28 pm »

Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Cool.

OK cool. Why? What would be my motivation to do that? Honestly, after the claims, what would be my motivation to do anything?

I'm not sure I see the point of all of this, but to kill EFHW, you need her to not be commuted by Jack, so you block Jack and try to kill EFHW?

I'm not sure if you tried to block Dylan, which block would go through first anyway.

This conversation has turned into me trying to guess what possible powers you can have out of the universe of all possible mafia powers (including ones made up specifically for this game) and why you would take any action when you may have thought that you would be blocked (which was not a 100% anyway) by Dylan. Are you implying that with everything claimed you would have just done nothing and just hoped that Dylan would be exiled? This is distracting from the fact that whatever actions you took N4, you targeted Dylan, EFHW, and Jack, if Dylan was telling the truth about his actions.

I have two verified abilities (which could not have been performed by my partners, because their powers flipped with them). For your kills to not go through, I would need a blocking ability or bulletproof. Then if Dylan is telling the truth, I need a manipulative power to give him the incorrect results. Then, on top of all of that, I need to have just skipped the kill N4, since nothing else explains the missing N4 NK.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: August 04, 2021, 08:29:13 pm »

-snip-

4 - I find it more likely you would risk it for something like BP than you would in attempts to complete you character arc.

Also, a character arc is worth a decent amount of legacy points, so trying to complete it seems very worth it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 04, 2021, 08:31:32 pm »

EFHW, is this conversation helping you decide? I'm not sure I have much more time to devote to this game.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 04, 2021, 10:58:55 pm »

EFHW, is this conversation helping you decide? I'm not sure I have much more time to devote to this game.

I'm not sure.  I was going to vote Swowl, but I liked his analysis of your posts. At times he has felt very towny to me. Other times I've been distracted by a certain lack of clarity - not lately - and while that feels scummy, I'm not sure that it is. You have been very even all game. Usually I scumread you as town.  This game you have been different. 

I realize I'm dragging it out a bit. This has been a strong game for town and I would hate for us to lose now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 04, 2021, 11:00:19 pm »

-snip-

4 - I find it more likely you would risk it for something like BP than you would in attempts to complete you character arc.

Also, a character arc is worth a decent amount of legacy points, so trying to complete it seems very worth it.
Hm, mine is worth 1 point.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 04, 2021, 11:12:56 pm »

-snip-

Oh interesting. Mine is 3.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 04, 2021, 11:15:34 pm »

I'm not sure.  I was going to vote Swowl, but I liked his analysis of your posts. At times he has felt very towny to me. Other times I've been distracted by a certain lack of clarity - not lately - and while that feels scummy, I'm not sure that it is. You have been very even all game. Usually I scumread you as town.  This game you have been different. 

I realize I'm dragging it out a bit. This has been a strong game for town and I would hate for us to lose now.

But you have scumread me this game, for the last few days.

Not that it really means much anyway.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 04, 2021, 11:21:05 pm »

-snip-

Oh interesting. Mine is 3.

Oh I read it wrong. It’s just two points.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 04, 2021, 11:24:20 pm »

There are some discrepancies around Swowl. He didn’t get irradiated and all three of his claimed vig shots have failed - Didds, Dylan and gk.

gkrieg's point about no kill N4 doesn't work bc Dylan had bulletproof. But Dylan having some chance of being bulletproof would discourage either of you from targeting him, if you noticed that detail buried in tons of posts. Neither of you has mentioned it.  Did either of you see it?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 04, 2021, 11:27:39 pm »

There are some discrepancies around Swowl. He didn’t get irradiated and all three of his claimed vig shots have failed - Didds, Dylan and gk.

gkrieg's point about no kill N4 doesn't work bc Dylan had bulletproof. But Dylan having some chance of being bulletproof would discourage either of you from targeting him, if you noticed that detail buried in tons of posts. Neither of you has mentioned it.  Did either of you see it?

I did not see it, but I also don’t have a PR that would care much about that kind of thing.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 04, 2021, 11:29:21 pm »

Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

What's your simpler explanation?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1765 on: August 04, 2021, 11:41:24 pm »

Even the highest ranks of the human military apparently are conspiring to overthrow the current Human-Cylon governing body. It is good that you managed to unmask these conspiracies. And yet you wonder, how many such blows can your alliance still take?

WestCoastDidds has been sent to the brig! They were Kara Thrace, and they were Resistance-aligned. They had the following powers:
  • manipulative
  • radiation, killing

Swowl is Admiral of the Fleet!

Didds targeted Swowl N3. There is no blocking power to explain his vigs failing, but there is also no power that she would be likely to want to use on a partner.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1766 on: August 04, 2021, 11:46:55 pm »

Even the highest ranks of the human military apparently are conspiring to overthrow the current Human-Cylon governing body. It is good that you managed to unmask these conspiracies. And yet you wonder, how many such blows can your alliance still take?

WestCoastDidds has been sent to the brig! They were Kara Thrace, and they were Resistance-aligned. They had the following powers:
  • manipulative
  • radiation, killing

Swowl is Admiral of the Fleet!

Didds targeted Swowl N3. There is no blocking power to explain his vigs failing, but there is also no power that she would be likely to want to use on a partner.

Manipulative could be a godfatherer or reflector or something else.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 04, 2021, 11:50:40 pm »

Or making him exile-proof, if I want to be really pessimistic.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 04, 2021, 11:51:54 pm »

{Insert expletive} vote: Swowl

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 04, 2021, 11:56:22 pm »

I really am town, so we should have just won!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: August 05, 2021, 12:01:38 am »

{Swoons with relief}

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 05, 2021, 12:03:38 am »

I was worried there at the end, but I think the series of night actions made it hard for Swowl to make a solid case.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: August 05, 2021, 12:04:25 am »

Emotionally, he had me. But logic won out.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 05, 2021, 12:14:54 am »

Here's to hoping faust doesn't have one final twist for us!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: August 05, 2021, 12:22:46 am »

Here's to hoping faust doesn't have one final twist for us!

Exactly.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 20 queries.