Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145577 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 6)
« Reply #1675 on: August 02, 2021, 11:11:56 am »

Also, did Swowl ever get cured from his radiation poisoning? Why is he still alive?

LL could have cured him overnight.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 02, 2021, 11:31:41 am »

Also, did Swowl ever get cured from his radiation poisoning? Why is he still alive?

LL could have cured him overnight.

I guess so. I doubt LaLight would do that after we exiled Glooble and he was town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1677 on: August 02, 2021, 02:32:20 pm »

WestCoastDidds has been sent to the brig! They were Kara Thrace, and they were Resistance-aligned. They had the following powers:
  • manipulative
  • radiation, killing

Note also from WCD's flip that she likely did not have a blocking ability, unless manipulative is a blocking ability.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1678 on: August 02, 2021, 02:33:22 pm »

I have a finding that directly contradicts Didds' claim. That finding says she targeted Swowl N3. This is why I asked her today what she thought of Swowl. Weird that Swowl claims to have targeted her. I double checked my qt and I am interpreting my results correctly.

This is interesting.

This is the only explanation I have for why I am not irradiated. Something didds did prevented me from attempting the shot.

The above post is in reference to this.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 5)
« Reply #1679 on: August 02, 2021, 02:35:15 pm »

Is Dylan lying about his role? Evidence- it seems a little too good.

Dylan's power does seem OP.

I pointed this out the other day when we were doing claims. Why wait until he is gone to jump on board?
I don't think he lied.

So you think Jack lied? Because uh... that is a strong set of powers for a team.

PPE - glooble hammer... guess we are finding out either way now nvm.

What did you mean about Jack lying?

Well If Jack can make Dylan un targetable and Dylan can block 2 people.... One of them lied. So if it is not Dylan, it is Jack. That set up is like follow the cop x 1000

It isn't follow the cop because it would make Dylan untargetable but give him radiation poisoning, so it has a limited time it can be used unless Dylan is constantly being healed from the radiation, which is then already too complicated (requires a 3rd person not in their faction.)

there have been 2 flipped radiation doctors and another who claimed to be one but was skum. How is that too complicated? They were a 3rd faction that LITERALLY used another faction to win the game for them. They absolutely did not need a 3rd person.

This is another reason why I assume they were lying. I assume they were 100% sure they knew they would be removed from the game which is why they cared not of the radiation.

Ok. Assuming they did lie about their powers, how do you explain the lack of kill N4?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Night 3)
« Reply #1680 on: August 02, 2021, 02:51:24 pm »

scolapasta has been sent to the brig! They were Samuel T. Anderson, and they were Resistance-aligned. They had the following powers:
  • protective
  • radiation, miscellaneous
  • manipulative
  • passive,miscellaneous

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 02, 2021, 02:52:42 pm »

snip**
Ok. Assuming they did lie about their powers, how do you explain the lack of kill N4?

Same Way I didn't get 2 kills last night. You blocked me. Or something else interference wise on your end. I need to take some time with pen and paper and actually try to math out what exactly you "could of done"... but essentially I think you kept the claimed Vig (me) in some way  from shooting when I tried to shoot Dylan (regardless or not of Dylan also did)... and then you yourself tried to shoot EFHW, or maybe you tried to RD me onto EFHW? and then last night you RDd me again onto LL?

I have to think that one out when I am not working.. but something like that.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 02, 2021, 02:54:36 pm »

Also, what cards did you get, Admiral?

Insurrection
Course to Kobol
Military police force
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 02, 2021, 03:09:26 pm »

Dylan definitely lied about me being scum though, so I don’t see any reason to think he would have told the truth about anything else.

He didn’t lie about his results, he just misinterpreted them.

Or he lied about them. Or you did something to mess with them.

We've kind of been over this already. What could I have done to mess with his results, given that he was untargetable, due to Jack? If Dylan is straight-up lying about his power, then there likely isn't an investigative portion (because the blocking portion almost certainly is true, due to the lack of kill N4).

So for you to be town and me to be scum:
  • Dylan has no investigative power, but has a blocking power. Requires:
    • Dylan lied about his power
    • I lied about my power
    • Something other than Dylan stopped the kill N4 (note that this requires yet another lie)
    • Dylan got lucky in guessing that Swowl tried to vig him N4
    • Dylan completely made up that Jack and EFHW were targeted
  • Dylan does have an investigative, blocking power. Requires:
    • Jack lied about his power
    • I lied about my power
    • I redirected or manipulated Dylan in such a way that he gets Swowl and Glooble targeting Jack, Dylan, EFHW (note that this also requires me to have a manipulative role, which WCD AND scola already flipped with)
    • This STILL does not deal with the missing kill N4
    • Also requires me to use redirection or manipulation on someone I think can't be manipulated, due to Jack's claimed power
  • Dylan has a completely different, non-blocking power (Requires many things and doesn't explain the missing kill, or why Swowl didn't kill Dylan, etc.)

Consider also, that I have already demonstrated both of my powers (I put a card back in the deck and I turned in a Cylon). Which means I need to have another manipulative power on top of my other two powers and requires every member of the red faction to have a manipulative power.

Also note that scola could have targeted three people in one night with his powers, including the factional kill, which makes the idea that Swowl targeted three people in one night plausible.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 02, 2021, 03:11:53 pm »

snip**

Same Way I didn't get 2 kills last night. You blocked me. Or something else interference wise on your end. I need to take some time with pen and paper and actually try to math out what exactly you "could of done"... but essentially I think you kept the claimed Vig (me) in some way  from shooting when I tried to shoot Dylan (regardless or not of Dylan also did)... and then you yourself tried to shoot EFHW, or maybe you tried to RD me onto EFHW? and then last night you RDd me again onto LL?

I look forward to your explanation of what night actions were taken to cause everything to happen so far.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: August 02, 2021, 04:29:48 pm »

snip**

I look forward to your explanation of what night actions were taken to cause everything to happen so far.

Here is the thing. You are 100% aware that dylan lied about something and you are riding that out. Which is totally the correct play for you to make here. You hold the cards, you know the puzzle, and I do not. That is why you are focusing so hard on the unlikelihood of Dylan lying (which is not unlikely at all), and why you are spinning it like there is no other explanation. It is not that there is no other explanation, there just is no explanation I can prove.
But explanations you shall have (after I get home).
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: August 02, 2021, 05:08:49 pm »

snip**

Here is the thing. You are 100% aware that dylan lied about something and you are riding that out. Which is totally the correct play for you to make here. You hold the cards, you know the puzzle, and I do not. That is why you are focusing so hard on the unlikelihood of Dylan lying (which is not unlikely at all), and why you are spinning it like there is no other explanation. It is not that there is no other explanation, there just is no explanation I can prove.

If I make this exact same post from my perspective (i.e. that you are scum and I have to piece together what night actions result in the current game state), it is the following:

Swowl lied and targeted Dylan, EFHW, and Jack N4. No one else lied.

I'll just let Occam's razor do the rest.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 02, 2021, 06:31:47 pm »

snip**

If I make this exact same post from my perspective (i.e. that you are scum and I have to piece together what night actions result in the current game state), it is the following:

Swowl lied and targeted Dylan, EFHW, and Jack N4. No one else lied.

I'll just let Occam's razor do the rest.

OK cool lets play other side of the sword then.
I had already claimed my vig ability. Dylan had  claimed watcher/blocker hybrid thing.
In your world, I am skum. Therefore would of already known that Dylan was not skum right? So I would think he is town in that spot.

At the time of those actions.. Why would I take any actions if I am skum?
You say I am a re director. Why would I try to redirect someone I have to be sure is going to block me and get a result?
You say I am skum and shot. Why would I try to shoot when I have to be sure that Dylan is gonna get that result?

That narrative makes no sense.
What does make sense, is what happened. I found Dylan's claim suspicious. I am a vig. I shot him to verify his claim. 
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: August 02, 2021, 10:31:06 pm »

Swowl, if you were town you could have shot both gkrieg and LL and the game would be won.

and now that we are all here...

You are correct. And that is exactly what I did. There was a small world to where you could be skum still until you checked in with no hammer.

It is GK 100%.
I don't understand this. You thought maybe I
was scum and would come in hammering one of you to win the game, so you waited to reveal you had tried to kill both LL and gkrieg? If either of you had any suspicion that I was the scum you would not have voted at all. Also, how did knowing I was town before claiming your night action make a difference?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: August 02, 2021, 10:32:52 pm »

I'm going to vote swowl, so that if EFHW gets here first and Swowl can somehow control the Cylon vote, EFHW can vote for Swowl.

Pretty much the same thought here.

Vote: Gkrieg

And no, I cannot control the Cylon vote.

Both of you had the same thought, but I'm missing something. I don't follow the logic here.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 02, 2021, 10:50:19 pm »

I wasn't very clear in my question about Didds at 1660. Didds and Swowl got associated on a number of occasions. Apparently targeting each other N3, Swowl becoming Admiral after Didds, and then her seeming to defend him by saying she would have made the same mistake. (Am I remembering correctly that Jack also said human aligned?) I was wondering if it was likely she would risk such a partner-like post.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 02, 2021, 11:18:05 pm »

Swowl, if you were town you could have shot both gkrieg and LL and the game would be won.

and now that we are all here...

You are correct. And that is exactly what I did. There was a small world to where you could be skum still until you checked in with no hammer.

It is GK 100%.
I don't understand this. You thought maybe I
was scum and would come in hammering one of you to win the game, so you waited to reveal you had tried to kill both LL and gkrieg? If either of you had any suspicion that I was the scum you would not have voted at all. Also, how did knowing I was town before claiming your night action make a difference?

All this was meant to mean was if you were skum it didn't matter. I did not want to claim anything before everyone checked in. If I had claimed before you checked in, it could of caused an unvote or a move or something - still far fetched, but not needed. If you were skum, you would of hammered. So on the very small % chance that you were, we had lost anyways, this line removed that very small % chance.

Also no.... If GK had any suspicion at all that you were skum THEY would of never voted. At the time of my vote the options were either 1) GK is skum (already voting me) or 2) you are skum (voting no one). My vote made no difference at all if you were skum, and if you are town, then I voted for skum.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: August 02, 2021, 11:23:48 pm »

I wasn't very clear in my question about Didds at 1660. Didds and Swowl got associated on a number of occasions. Apparently targeting each other N3, Swowl becoming Admiral after Didds, and then her seeming to defend him by saying she would have made the same mistake. (Am I remembering correctly that Jack also said human aligned?) I was wondering if it was likely she would risk such a partner-like post.

1. Yes - Jack also messed it up from memory... which was obviously just a genuine slip as they were 3p this game and skum last game.

I am going to assume the rest of this is specifically *not* being asked of me. I do have opinions on it though. The main one is my being selected as admiral. As WCD was skum, there is essentially a 0% chance they actually did not select me specifically. Which makes me think the whole "random selection" was meant to be thrown in as an angle.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 02, 2021, 11:28:20 pm »

I'm going to vote swowl, so that if EFHW gets here first and Swowl can somehow control the Cylon vote, EFHW can vote for Swowl.

Both of you had the same thought, but I'm missing something. I don't follow the logic here.

I think you are asking me here again?

Obviously GK is not in control of the vote when he does this. So either it was either you (efoo) or it is no one that could control that vote. I just wanted to make sure it was clear it was not me.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 02, 2021, 11:40:54 pm »

So gk was worried you could cone in and place 2 votes? And thought I would hammer you to forestall that?

I get your point about my alignment not being relevant to your gk vote. But wouldn't you have asked gk to unvote if you weren't sure about me?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: August 02, 2021, 11:49:10 pm »

So gk was worried you could cone in and place 2 votes? And thought I would hammer you to forestall that?

I get your point about my alignment not being relevant to your gk vote. But wouldn't you have asked gk to unvote if you weren't sure about me?

1. can you rephrase the first sentence I do not get it, sorry.

2. Do not believe that would of accomplished anything. If GK is town they would not of opened voting for me. If they are skum, they are not moving that vote.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 03, 2021, 12:16:59 am »

I thought if EFHW got to the thread first, she could hammer Swowl before he got to the thread and placed two votes, his own and the Cylon vote.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: August 03, 2021, 12:27:12 am »

I’m pretty sure the logic only makes sense for me. The same logic doesn’t work for Swowl.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 03, 2021, 01:53:59 am »

I’m pretty sure the logic only makes sense for me. The same logic doesn’t work for Swowl.

I explained my logic. What is yours?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: August 03, 2021, 01:58:13 am »

I explained my logic. What is yours?

So you were 100% sure I was skum right?
0% chance it could be EFHW.
Only explanation for your vote, so I assume that was your mindset.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 75  All

Page created in 2.584 seconds with 20 queries.