Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145477 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1550 on: July 30, 2021, 07:51:10 am »

So first, other than the reads stuff, LL's claim about his powers and actions was consistent with the QT claim.

I'm Caprica 6, same as game 1. My provided fake claim season 1 was Tom Zarek, which is why that is what I claimed then. I'm a civilian.

My personal character arc (which no-one else has claimed at all but it's relevant) in both games has been love conquers all, for which both my lover and myself need to be alive at the end of the game. Game 1 that was the person I targeted with a 1-shot action (ADK), this game as a result of that ADK and I have the additional alignment lover-aligned, which just adds the survival wincon like I said earlier.  If both of us kept the same character as last season we would gain an additional power, which I believe for me is an X-shot passive bulletproof ability that is only active under a certain condition (that LL knows but I think is better to not tell scum).

I'm responsible for Glooble having 0 votes. As LL alluded to, during presidential elections I can keep all votes for a single player from counting. Of the 3 candidates, Glooble was the one that I'm least confident about being town, EFHW was by far the most clearly town, and given people's opinions of Jack I knew he wouldn't win, so I figured Glooble was the only person who might get the votes to beat EFHW, so I cancelled it.

The ability LL apparently doesn't like is probably this one. I have a radiation, blocking, investigative role where I can target up to 2 people, any actions they take will fail, and I receive a list of everyone who was targeted by abilities that were blocked. For example, I target my top 2 scumreads, if I successfully block the NK, I would have a list of people, one of which was probably the target and thus not scum as well as a 50/50 on who the killer was.

I have taken no actions at night this game, and I already said everything of import that happened on the trip.

I did not receive a vision or any private information about earth. I do agree with LL that if we get the chance, enacting course to earth would be fun, if for no other reason than to see the conclusion to the storyline that our trip started. Also, there seemed to be only one path that we could take to lead to actually going to earth, while there were a lot of opportunities to derail it, which makes me think if scum or some other party went, there would have been motivations to sabotage the trip, and since it didn't happen, I'm inclined to think it's good for town.

Is Dylan lying about his role? Evidence- it seems a little too good. It's not 1-shot, as he claimed he could use it for the rest of the game to get us a win. But if he can use it every night why didn't he use it any previous nights? Surely the risk of blocking a town action is worth it for the possible info? But by claiming not to have used it, he doesn't have to corroborate its existence.

Do we have any evidence that the investigative part of Dylan's power actually works? Any evidence at all? Because Swowl targeting Dylan is something Swowl had already claimed before Dylan claimed results.

I would guess that the blocking part of Dylan's power is real, but the investigative part is made up.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: July 30, 2021, 07:57:04 am »

I would guess that the blocking part of Dylan's power is real, but the investigative part is made up.

Why?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 5)
« Reply #1552 on: July 30, 2021, 07:57:25 am »

I do not know why Dylan lied about his result on me, but you have to trust me that he did. Please don’t just follow him blindly when you know he wasn’t town.

This doesn't really works like this, I'm sorry. Just because he wasn't town, it doesn't mean he was scum. He had no slight motivation to lie.

Sure he did. He needed something to entice EFHW to enact Course to Earth. He didn’t have a useful result, so he made one up, knowing he’d be out of the game before he had to face any consequences.

I don't know.  The way he said he would distrust me forever if I lied makes me think he would be worried about that for himself.

Everyone supported the plan, so obviously scum thought that was the best play, whether it was you or someone else.

If he was picking someone to lie about, gkrieg would have been a better choice. I had already made a case on him and would have loved to feel clever for a little while.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: July 30, 2021, 07:58:47 am »

Dylan's power does seem OP.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 30, 2021, 08:00:39 am »

Dylan's power does seem OP.

well, for the third-party consisting of two people, no kill and very weird and specific wincon, I'm not surprised.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: July 30, 2021, 08:01:31 am »

Everyone supported the plan, so obviously scum thought that was the best play, whether it was you or someone else.

Imagine everyone but one person supporting the plan. Plan is still enacted and the person is obviously scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 30, 2021, 08:02:45 am »

I don't know, I feel like if we will imagine complications right now, this would be a path to the loss.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 30, 2021, 08:04:21 am »

I had a tracker I could use every night but only on civilians unless I went outside and got radiation poisoning.

PPE Lalight. You have a point there. But then it's a weird power that isn't very helpful for getting to Earth. Did faust anticipate their needing info to trade? He might have, since the chances of getting to Earth any other way were tiny.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 30, 2021, 08:04:41 am »

I mean Dylan would obviously do whatever to win and I think telling the truth is one of these things. I believe he had that power he claimed. Otherwise he would say "I blocked two people - Glooble and Swan". Why make up the investigative part at all?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: July 30, 2021, 08:05:15 am »

I had a tracker I could use every night but only on civilians unless I went outside and got radiation poisoning.

PPE Lalight. You have a point there. But then it's a weird power that isn't very helpful for getting to Earth. Did faust anticipate their needing info to trade? He might have, since the chances of getting to Earth any other way were tiny.

Exactly. They needed to work in town's best interest, because otherwise there would be no chance they get to Earth.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: July 30, 2021, 08:08:18 am »

okay, let's go the other way. I don't believe Swan to be scum, because scum with two killing powers in a game where town is a half of the players is too OP. I believe gkrieg to be town, because his power makes sense to be town - again - because town is so underpowered. I hope you believe me to be town - I healed you and overall have town powers. (also answering to Glooble's "Lalight should be able to identify all third parties" - I am looking for documents about Cylon facilities, why would lovers/believers have them?)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 30, 2021, 08:08:33 am »

please, we should exile Glooble and win.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 30, 2021, 08:10:05 am »

I mean Dylan would obviously do whatever to win and I think telling the truth is one of these things. I believe he had that power he claimed. Otherwise he would say "I blocked two people - Glooble and Swan". Why make up the investigative part at all?
He had to demonstrate that I had been targeted.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1563 on: July 30, 2021, 08:10:30 am »

Vote: LaLight

I’m pretty sure we’ll have one more day to guess correctly if you exile me, and hopefully when I flip green his scummy behavior will become obvious to all of you.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1564 on: July 30, 2021, 08:13:49 am »

Why?

Because I'm town, but also because it's not super helpful for his win condition. And because its just way more powerful than most of the other claimed roles.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1565 on: July 30, 2021, 08:15:29 am »

I don't believe Swan to be scum, because scum with two killing powers in a game where town is a half of the players is too OP.

How do we know he has two killing powers? The vig could be a fake claim to cover for the factional kill. We haven't had a night with two deaths yet.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1566 on: July 30, 2021, 08:16:43 am »

I'm honestly 50/50 on the last scum being LaLight or Swowl but LaLight is pissing me off so he get's my vote. It's basically a protest vote anyway, but I'm not going to stop trying while there's still a chance for town to pull this off.

He/ Him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 30, 2021, 08:22:37 am »

Vote: LaLight

I’m pretty sure we’ll have one more day to guess correctly if you exile me, and hopefully when I flip green his scummy behavior will become obvious to all of you.

yeah, right

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 30, 2021, 08:22:54 am »

if I were scum, we would be on course to nowhere right now

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 30, 2021, 08:23:30 am »

Why aren't you suspecting gkrieg?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 30, 2021, 08:24:49 am »

LaLight is pissing me off.

I am sorry if anything I posted was in any way rude. I did not intend it in any way.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: July 30, 2021, 08:25:28 am »

Honestly, because I believe Dylan. And also it would be very weird if after all what's happened we just exile gkrieg

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 30, 2021, 08:26:18 am »

if I were scum, we would be on course to nowhere right now
But then Dylan would have known what you picked.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 30, 2021, 08:26:51 am »

Honestly, because I believe Dylan. And also it would be very weird if after all what's happened we just exile gkrieg

Sorry, meant that question for Glooble.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 30, 2021, 08:30:05 am »

like, from my pov this day is destined to go in two ways: we exile Glooble based on what happened or we exile me because Glooble somehow pulled this off and convinced everyone I (for some reason) am the last scum. This could be fun, and I hope we still could win.

no one should use the radiation powers because then it would go like lynch me > kill EFHW > lynch Glooble > last town dies of radiation > orange (if there are still any and I do believe there are) win by being the only one left. I actually think orange count on this and probably will also go for me toDay.

oooooh even worse, if tomorrow there are only town/scum/orange left there will be no wincon for town, unless orange wincon can coexist with town wincon.

gosh, so many variables. Let's just lynch Glooble, we will maintain the majority.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75  All

Page created in 2.049 seconds with 20 queries.