Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145706 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1250 on: July 22, 2021, 03:14:20 pm »

yes, EFHW is town for sure, I have a mild reason to believe Jack is town (more when I claim) and I still believe gkrieg is town. Out of the options left, I would vote Swowl or Dylan (sorry, partner)

Man, literally flipped 3 of your reads from what you said in the QT, bud, including calling me almost IC, so I don't even know what to make of this.

that... was the point, I'm sorry. experimented a bit with Awaclus' school of not telling your real reads. I do feel bad though :(

my scumread of you comes from your power and lovers wincon. I thought about lovers wincon as the one that can be winnable only by being town, but based on town wincon you can win as scum-lover and that pulled my strings

I mean, yeah, the lover wincon is completely independent of any other wincon. It's literally just you and your lover have to be alive at the end of the game, and the existence of the lover alignment was tied to actions taken last game, not anything to do with this game. So that point is totally NAI.

On the power note, I'll talk about that when we get to us in the claiming order, but from your comment everyone can reason out that I have (and truthfully claimed since why would I purposely claim something that could be seen as scummy if I'm scum and could lie anyway) a role that could have positive utility if I were scum. I could see why you think what you apparently think, but there's a strong case for why this is actually better to be in town's hands/not as strong for a hypothetical scum role as the plain, non-faust modified version of the role. Also LL, if you look at my role again, it has a built in very safe fakeclaim that I could have gone with by just excluding the part that you are scumreading.

look, first, let's talk about your role after you claim. Second, you are not even my top-2 scumread. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, I truly am. It's just there was no inherently town actions from you and having your role and two lovers from different factions would be quite logical. All I am saying is not that I am super scumreading you, it's that I am not really townreading you.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 22, 2021, 03:28:00 pm »

I'm not going to use the sway power. Swowl already has votes. I don't get the sense he will have a lot of defenders. Casting a permanent vote could become problematic and help scum if I become convinced later that Swowl is actually town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 22, 2021, 03:38:36 pm »

I'm not going to use the sway power. Swowl already has votes. I don't get the sense he will have a lot of defenders. Casting a permanent vote could become problematic and help scum if I become convinced later that Swowl is actually town.

I think that should be fine. I suspect that Swowl is scum, based on how long he is delaying our claiming, but I think we can easily exile him, even without your extra vote.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 22, 2021, 03:55:29 pm »

Ya'll need to chill - Apologies for "slowing it down", but it has been like a day and I had work and a "wine walk" last night.

I still prefer to wait to make sure my town read is in charge of the deck, but if it is so important to everyone I will claim it up. So here you are:

I kept my previous character from S1 - I am Sharon "Boomer" Valerii. I am Human-Aligned (and only human aligned). I am Military.

I have 2 powers.

1. Vig Shot - It only works on Military players. If I use it I have to go outside and I get a radiation. (I did clarify that if I were to target a Civilian player I would still get sick, but the shot would fail.)
2. My second power is a passive-ish that plays off of my Vig ability. If I end the day voting for a Human, my vig shot will fail that night. (No, I am not informed. Yes, it will still allow me to shoot, and thus make me sick).

Night 1) I did not shoot.
Night 2) I did not shoot.
Night 3) I shot WCD.

I can piece it together for yall later today when I have time - but in the spirit of getting things rolling there is my claim.

It also leaves me at
Vote: WCD

PPe several
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 22, 2021, 03:57:00 pm »

unvote for now

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 22, 2021, 03:57:18 pm »

Jack, you're up

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1256 on: July 22, 2021, 03:58:35 pm »

keeping my vote exactly where it is. My PM doesn't say human-aligned. Does anyone else's?

I think this is a scum slip guys.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1257 on: July 22, 2021, 03:59:00 pm »

Or Swowl is yet another third party. But Either way I'm not reassured.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 22, 2021, 04:00:16 pm »

keeping my vote exactly where it is. My PM doesn't say human-aligned. Does anyone else's?

gross. it says town aligned. Sorry, my ability is so focused on Human v Cylon and Military v Civilian I typoed it.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 22, 2021, 04:17:13 pm »

I think you might be right. More later.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: July 22, 2021, 04:42:10 pm »

As to what difference it makes, to my eyes it is scummy to ignore the information that we have in order to continue pushing a narrative that cylons are inherently bad as opposed to all available evidence (and it's not exactly an inconsequential amount) points to, at least in terms of flavor, an inherently human resistance, because resistance-aligned humans absolutely are more likely than others to want to keep cylons at the top of the exile priority list.

I am not continuing to push a narrative that cylons are inherently bad.  --snip--

snip

1. I *DO* think cylons are baddies. I haven’t stopped thinking that since the cylons we flipped turned out to be baddies.

snip
snip

--snip-- I still feel like cylons are baddies because they are not human. --snip--

Yeah, I mean, you can say you are just saying your opinion, but when you keep saying you think something is true in a game of mafia, then you are in some way pushing that narrative. You aren't doing so in a forceful way in this instance, and thinking that is what I meant might be why you took exception to my usage of the phrase. Like, compared to someone like MiX and the way he pushes his thoughts, you are completely different, but by repeatedly saying the thing, you are in some way trying to in convince people that your narrative-the story of the game as you believe it to be--is true.

After all, any time we try to define something as scummy or towny, we are asserting that the action is in some way either consistent with or inconsistent with the narrative that the person belongs to a certain alignment. When you state your opinion that cylons are baddies, that is an assertion that the story of the game is that cylons are bad just because they are cylons. So when I say you are pushing a narrative, I don't mean to suggest any sort of aggression or "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" sort of mindset at all! Like, I don't think you have been pushy, in case the verb "pushing" made you feel like that's what I was saying. I just mean you are holding fast to an opinion and repeating it in the thread, which is objectively true.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 22, 2021, 04:47:24 pm »

As to what difference it makes, to my eyes it is scummy to ignore the information that we have in order to continue pushing a narrative that cylons are inherently bad as opposed to all available evidence (and it's not exactly an inconsequential amount) points to, at least in terms of flavor, an inherently human resistance, because resistance-aligned humans absolutely are more likely than others to want to keep cylons at the top of the exile priority list.

--snip--
The last sentence you have there "resistance-aligned humans" is not in evidence.

--snip--

I didn't say all resistance-aligned people are humans like you kind of suggest. I even pointed out earlier that scola's character in the show was actually a cylon, even though for much of it he thought he was human, and as such it is easy to believe that his character in game was also cylon. I meant that humans who are resistance-aligned would be motivated to make sure cylons are exiled first.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 22, 2021, 04:50:42 pm »

Ah, so much Come At Me, Bro for a Thursday.

I’m mobile, so I’m not going to quote Dylan’s case on me. Although it takes up a lot of space (I’m long winded so quoting me will do that) It really only has two main points….I think cylons are baddies and I thought we should let Scola die of radiation poisoning instead of exile.

Those are not scummy ideas.

1. I *DO* think cylons are baddies. I haven’t stopped thinking that since the cylons we flipped turned out to be baddies.

2. Scola… part of this I will explain when it’s my turn to claim (I will claim in EFHW order not in Dylan order because I do not like to be bossed around and Dylan appointing himself order-caller is scummy in a doc itself), but also when I went to bed MiX hadn’t claimed so the parts of scola’s story that didn’t make sense hadn’t been highlighted. I don’t think it is scummy at all to want to see how the radiation poisoning would have worked. I will admit that I didn’t find him particularly scummy, but I don’t think they really became clear until he and MiX got into it and that was after I went to bed.

LL’s opinion of Dylan further solidifies my belief that Dylan can’t be trusted. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were both baddies (one yellow, one red). I feel like I’m one of the few people actively scumhunting so Dylan coming for me is ringing all the buy scum alarms, but also OMGUS so there’s that.

I didn't appoint myself the order-caller. EFHW gave an order, other people said they were ok with it. I gave my feedback on it, but said I was fine with the order as given.

To point 1, what about the red faction flipping as "Resistance" and my point about the resistance in the show being a human resistance? Do you disagree with that, not notice it, or are you just disregarding it?

Didn't notice. I'm multitasking work, and thought I had the thrust of what you were saying. I haven't seen the show. The green people have been human-aligned.  I still feel like cylons are baddies because they are not human. The red flip didnt say human resistance, so eh...I'm still thinking cylon, but it doesn't really matter.  Resistance = bad.  I can be wrong about that the cylons, obviously, but I am not sure what difference it makes unless you know one of us has a result that you are a cylon and you are trying to head it off.

If people are going to call the "human-aligned" comment a scumslip, Didds used it first.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 22, 2021, 05:10:44 pm »

So Swowl ended the day voting for gkrieg and decided to get radiation poisoning and shoot Didds. If it was me, I'd have been not voting or voting no exile the day before I tried using the vig.

The human-aligned could have been a typo. 50/50 there.

Did you have some reason to think gkrieg wasn't human? His claimed power would suggest human > Cylon.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 22, 2021, 05:14:57 pm »

I am Ellen Tigh. I am human-aligned. I am civilian.

My powers are:
The passive ability to see at night what's in the discard pile. We all already know about that.
A one-shot ability to trash the entire discard pile. I have used it, because I thought it would be amusing to see what the consequences were.
A once-per-night ability to expose someone to radiation poisoning, which then protects them from any other actions that night. I have not used this at all.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 22, 2021, 05:15:35 pm »

Correction: town-aligned; you've got us all doing this.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 22, 2021, 05:18:21 pm »

My powers are:
The passive ability to see at night what's in the discard pile. We all already know about that.
A one-shot ability to trash the entire discard pile. I have used it, because I thought it would be amusing to see what the consequences were.
A once-per-night ability to expose someone to radiation poisoning, which then protects them from any other actions that night. I have not used this at all.

What does trash the discard pile mean? Is that why all those cards were removed at the start of today?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 22, 2021, 05:23:50 pm »

Yes.

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1268 on: July 22, 2021, 06:05:36 pm »

I’m next then? Cool. I have half an hour before my class starts.

I’m Tom Zarek. Town-aligned. I can continued to post and use my powers from the brig. I can’t vote and I otherwise count as removed from the game. This is the power I was referring to- my alignment does flip, so I basically become a tree stump IC.

I can rig a Presidential election once per game, but not for myself. I didn’t use it this time because it felt pretty likely that either EFHW or myself would win and I’m cool with either of those options.

My last power is that every night I can remove the most recently played executive order from the game. I haven’t done this yet. I misunderstood my power up until night 3, and thought it would undo the effects of the executive order. After learning the truth I still didn’t see the benefit of using my power.

That’s all.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 22, 2021, 06:30:35 pm »

Does the removed power get removed from subsequent games as well?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 22, 2021, 06:56:22 pm »

My powers are:

What does trash the discard pile mean? Is that why all those cards were removed at the start of today?
What then was the turning point for MiX's incapacitation?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 22, 2021, 07:50:21 pm »

So Swowl ended the day voting for gkrieg and decided to get radiation poisoning and shoot Didds. If it was me, I'd have been not voting or voting no exile the day before I tried using the vig.

The human-aligned could have been a typo. 50/50 there.

Did you have some reason to think gkrieg wasn't human? His claimed power would suggest human > Cylon.

I have been pretty clear in regards to thinking GK was potentially cylon. Red to be specific.
Also if I vote no one, and then shoot known military WCD. All we get is the flip of WCD. If she is skum, then yay... but if she is Town then I put us in the hole -1 and we learned nothing else for sure.

This way, imo at least, was way better. If WCD flipped Green, GK is cylon. If WCD flipped Red, GK is cylon. If WCD did not flip, then GK is human... which looks really bad for WCD given she was the only other one off Pasta.
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 22, 2021, 08:28:33 pm »

Ah, so much Come At Me, Bro for a Thursday.

I’m mobile, so I’m not going to quote Dylan’s case on me. Although it takes up a lot of space (I’m long winded so quoting me will do that) It really only has two main points….I think cylons are baddies and I thought we should let Scola die of radiation poisoning instead of exile.

Those are not scummy ideas.

2. Scola… part of this I will explain when it’s my turn to claim (I will claim in EFHW order not in Dylan order because I do not like to be bossed around and Dylan appointing himself order-caller is scummy in a doc itself), but also when I went to bed MiX hadn’t claimed so the parts of scola’s story that didn’t make sense hadn’t been highlighted. I don’t think it is scummy at all to want to see how the radiation poisoning would have worked. I will admit that I didn’t find him particularly scummy, but I don’t think they really became clear until he and MiX got into it and that was after I went to bed.

LL’s opinion of Dylan further solidifies my belief that Dylan can’t be trusted. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were both baddies (one yellow, one red). I feel like I’m one of the few people actively scumhunting so Dylan coming for me is ringing all the buy scum alarms, but also OMGUS so there’s that.

I didn't appoint myself the order-caller. EFHW gave an order, other people said they were ok with it. I gave my feedback on it, but said I was fine with the order as given.

To point 1, what about the red faction flipping as "Resistance" and my point about the resistance in the show being a human resistance? Do you disagree with that, not notice it, or are you just disregarding it?

Didn't notice. I'm multitasking work, and thought I had the thrust of what you were saying. I haven't seen the show. The green people have been human-aligned.  I still feel like cylons are baddies because they are not human. The red flip didnt say human resistance, so eh...I'm still thinking cylon, but it doesn't really matter.  Resistance = bad.  I can be wrong about that the cylons, obviously, but I am not sure what difference it makes unless you know one of us has a result that you are a cylon and you are trying to head it off.

If people are going to call the "human-aligned" comment a scumslip, Didds used it first.

I’m on a plane and I literally sat here for like 30 minutes going @l”what the hell are you talking about?!? My qt says human-aligned. Right there it says it”. Then I looked at it again, and it’s the entry from the first game. Same QT fail. It’s been green both times and I’m the same person so I assumed the words were the same.

PPE the last 3 hours….
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 22, 2021, 08:30:35 pm »

I have not read what’s been written since that post of Dylan’s I’ replied to just now, but I’m changing planes so I wanted to get this out so we don’t stall.

I am Kara Thrace (aka Starbuck)

I have two related powers. At night I can go out beyond the border, when I do, I take radiation. While there I have two related choices. Copilot, which is essentially a bodyguard, and Defy Orders (1-shot) which means the target is informed that they were targeted by me and my action cannot fail.

N1, I didn’t do anything
N2, I used both copilot and defy orders on MiX. This is why I was joking around with him about trust on D3.
D3, I had radiation poisoning, which is why I advocated that we leave Scola alive. If he actually did have a cure I needed one because LL was gone. I can also describe the flavor associated with having poisoning if Dylan wants to test me.
N3, I didn’t do anything but I was apparently cured by MiX, unless there is another poison doc, because on D4 I was no longer poisoned. Since I wasn’t around to ask MiX to cure me at the end of D3, I assume that he read enough into my “wait and see” to figure it out. I didn’t get any notification that I had been cured, but I checked with faust and he said I was no longer poisoned.

This is very similar to my power in the first game, but in that game I had a faction restriction (target had to be military).

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 22, 2021, 08:49:44 pm »

Did a quick scan. Swowl shot me?!? Dude! I totally willing to vote for him now, but I’m not sure of the vote count.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 20 queries.