Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145753 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1225 on: July 21, 2021, 07:11:34 pm »

Not to derail the claiming plan, but I'd really like to hear from both Dylan and LaLight as to why they immediately volunteered for the mission before there was any time for town to discuss who was going. Especially LaLight, given the whole "I can save scola! Bye!" situation.

My answer is simple. I thought the course to Kobol sounded interesting during the post-game voting. As soon as I saw that a couple people would get to do something unique, I thought it sounded fun and did it. I had already posted when I realized I should have probably waited in order to see if there was a way to use that "correctly." I won't speak for LL on why he went, but I will say neither of us thought we would be gone as long as we were.

I know not everyone will think this, especially if you are scumreading one of us, but honestly I think the fact we were the two people on that mission ended up being a very good thing for town. Having LL on that trip gave an opportunity to prove the radiation treatment nearly beyond a shadow of a doubt, which is huge given MiX and scola's claims and flips. I was a good option to be on the trip for reasons that I can only elaborate on after claiming I think.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 21, 2021, 08:17:27 pm »

sort of simplifies things.
I would like a confirmation that EFHW has won the presidency before claiming. But other than that I now have no issues at all.

This feels like stalling. Who is president doesn't matter. There is a town consensus on claiming and on you going first.

I think Dylan has a point about he and LL keeping each other honest and I don't care where in the order they are. Dylan and LL, did you also claim actions you took during previous nights?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 21, 2021, 08:39:38 pm »

I’m fine putting them at the end of the claiming order. Swowl should claim in his next post.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 21, 2021, 10:03:51 pm »

vote: swowl

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 22, 2021, 12:02:57 am »

sort of simplifies things.
I would like a confirmation that EFHW has won the presidency before claiming. But other than that I now have no issues at all.

This feels like stalling. Who is president doesn't matter. There is a town consensus on claiming and on you going first.

I think Dylan has a point about he and LL keeping each other honest and I don't care where in the order they are. Dylan and LL, did you also claim actions you took during previous nights?

Yes we did.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: July 22, 2021, 12:06:21 am »

Oh, on the claiming order, I would rather have Didds move up ahead of Jack and Glooble (and maybe swowl too), but outside of that I'm fine with the order. If it were 100% up to me I'd flip glooble and Jack too, but that early doesn't matter that much.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 22, 2021, 02:17:45 am »

Not to derail the claiming plan, but I'd really like to hear from both Dylan and LaLight as to why they immediately volunteered for the mission before there was any time for town to discuss who was going. Especially LaLight, given the whole "I can save scola! Bye!" situation.

i was excited for aomething completely new and amazing (which it was)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Night 3)
« Reply #1232 on: July 22, 2021, 05:37:30 am »

Vote Count 4.3

LaLight (1): Glooble
Swowl (1): gkrieg13

Not Voting (7): Jack Rudd, WestCoastDidds, EFHW, Swowl, Cylons, Dylan32, LaLight

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to exile. Day 4 ends July 26, 2021, 03:45:00 pm.

The Presidential election ends July 22, 2021, 03:45:00 pm, in about 10 hours. Until then, you may to cast and change your vote in your QT.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 22, 2021, 09:13:23 am »

yes, EFHW is town for sure, I have a mild reason to believe Jack is town (more when I claim) and I still believe gkrieg is town. Out of the options left, I would vote Swowl or Dylan (sorry, partner)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 22, 2021, 10:14:11 am »

Ah, so much Come At Me, Bro for a Thursday.

I’m mobile, so I’m not going to quote Dylan’s case on me. Although it takes up a lot of space (I’m long winded so quoting me will do that) It really only has two main points….I think cylons are baddies and I thought we should let Scola die of radiation poisoning instead of exile.

Those are not scummy ideas.

1. I *DO* think cylons are baddies. I haven’t stopped thinking that since the cylons we flipped turned out to be baddies.

2. Scola… part of this I will explain when it’s my turn to claim (I will claim in EFHW order not in Dylan order because I do not like to be bossed around and Dylan appointing himself order-caller is scummy in a doc itself), but also when I went to bed MiX hadn’t claimed so the parts of scola’s story that didn’t make sense hadn’t been highlighted. I don’t think it is scummy at all to want to see how the radiation poisoning would have worked. I will admit that I didn’t find him particularly scummy, but I don’t think they really became clear until he and MiX got into it and that was after I went to bed.

LL’s opinion of Dylan further solidifies my belief that Dylan can’t be trusted. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were both baddies (one yellow, one red). I feel like I’m one of the few people actively scumhunting so Dylan coming for me is ringing all the buy scum alarms, but also OMGUS so there’s that.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 22, 2021, 10:34:59 am »

yes, EFHW is town for sure, I have a mild reason to believe Jack is town (more when I claim) and I still believe gkrieg is town. Out of the options left, I would vote Swowl or Dylan (sorry, partner)

Please say more about your suspicion of Dylan while we are here waiting for Swowl.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 22, 2021, 11:20:25 am »

I’m mobile, so I’m not going to quote Dylan’s case on me. Although it takes up a lot of space (I’m long winded so quoting me will do that) It really only has two main points….I think cylons are baddies and I thought we should let Scola die of radiation poisoning instead of exile.

1. I *DO* think cylons are baddies. I haven’t stopped thinking that since the cylons we flipped turned out to be baddies.

2. Scola… part of this I will explain when it’s my turn to claim (I will claim in EFHW order not in Dylan order because I do not like to be bossed around and Dylan appointing himself order-caller is scummy in a doc itself), but also when I went to bed MiX hadn’t claimed so the parts of scola’s story that didn’t make sense hadn’t been highlighted. I don’t think it is scummy at all to want to see how the radiation poisoning would have worked. I will admit that I didn’t find him particularly scummy, but I don’t think they really became clear until he and MiX got into it and that was after I went to bed.

LL’s opinion of Dylan further solidifies my belief that Dylan can’t be trusted. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were both baddies (one yellow, one red). I feel like I’m one of the few people actively scumhunting so Dylan coming for me is ringing all the buy scum alarms, but also OMGUS so there’s that.

I didn't appoint myself the order-caller. EFHW gave an order, other people said they were ok with it. I gave my feedback on it, but said I was fine with the order as given.

To point 1, what about the red faction flipping as "Resistance" and my point about the resistance in the show being a human resistance? Do you disagree with that, not notice it, or are you just disregarding it?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 22, 2021, 11:25:22 am »

Man, literally flipped 3 of your reads from what you said in the QT, bud, including calling me almost IC, so I don't even know what to make of this.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 22, 2021, 12:16:20 pm »

I didn't appoint myself the order-caller. EFHW gave an order, other people said they were ok with it. I gave my feedback on it, but said I was fine with the order as given.

To point 1, what about the red faction flipping as "Resistance" and my point about the resistance in the show being a human resistance? Do you disagree with that, not notice it, or are you just disregarding it?

Didn't notice. I'm multitasking work, and thought I had the thrust of what you were saying. I haven't seen the show. The green people have been human-aligned.  I still feel like cylons are baddies because they are not human. The red flip didnt say human resistance, so eh...I'm still thinking cylon, but it doesn't really matter.  Resistance = bad.  I can be wrong about that the cylons, obviously, but I am not sure what difference it makes unless you know one of us has a result that you are a cylon and you are trying to head it off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 22, 2021, 12:16:52 pm »

Man, literally flipped 3 of your reads from what you said in the QT, bud, including calling me almost IC, so I don't even know what to make of this.

That LL is scary good at this game?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1240 on: July 22, 2021, 01:14:04 pm »

vote: swowl

cause this is slowing down the game.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 22, 2021, 01:23:58 pm »

Didn't notice. I'm multitasking work, and thought I had the thrust of what you were saying. I haven't seen the show. The green people have been human-aligned.  I still feel like cylons are baddies because they are not human. The red flip didnt say human resistance, so eh...I'm still thinking cylon, but it doesn't really matter.  Resistance = bad.  I can be wrong about that the cylons, obviously, but I am not sure what difference it makes unless you know one of us has a result that you are a cylon and you are trying to head it off.

I've said all along this game that my character was definitely a cylon in the show, and while I don't technically know that I am one mechanically in the game, I think it's most likely. If you want to go back and read my earlier comments, this is a big part of why I agreed with you earlier that cylons, more specifically those cylons who controlled the faction vote, were anti-town, since I am (probably) and I had nothing to do with the vote. My assumption was that since I'm not connected to the cylons who did control the vote in any way, and I know my own alignment, those other cylons are bad. Now we know that there was a cylon extremist faction, which, even by name alone would suggest that not all cylons are part of it, unless we want to go down the line of reasoning that extremists are representative of the whole group...

Let's look at the flip that we had of the resistance leader. Scola was Samuel T. Anderson, resistance aligned. Copy and pasted from a bsg wiki, first couple sentences on his entry:

"Samuel T. "Longshot" Anders is a rook Viper pilot aboard Galactica and husband to Captain Kara Thrace.

Before the Fall of the Twelve Colonies, Anders was captain of the Caprica Buccaneers. On Cylon-occupied Caprica, he becomes leader of the human resistance until they are rescued by his future wife. He later becomes aware of his true nature as one of the Cylon "Final Five" (Crossroads, Part II)." bold added for emphasis

Now, the last sentence does say this particular character ended up finding out he was a cylon, however most members of the resistance were human, and had the specific goal of opposing the cooperation between the cylons and humans. If you read all of the flavor text faust has posted, this is exactly the scenario this game is playing out, so it seems very clear to me that at least from a flavor perspective right now, players with human flavor names are more likely than random to be scum, while those with explicitly cylon names are more likely than random to cylon extremists IF we believe there are still more members of that faction alive. In terms of game balance, I think that is unlikely, although I can understand why someone might think I could be that third member explaining why the vote didn't move while I was out of the game.

As to what difference it makes, to my eyes it is scummy to ignore the information that we have in order to continue pushing a narrative that cylons are inherently bad as opposed to all available evidence (and it's not exactly an inconsequential amount) points to, at least in terms of flavor, an inherently human resistance, because resistance-aligned humans absolutely are more likely than others to want to keep cylons at the top of the exile priority list.

Faust has done a really good job of following the flavor and realities of the show as far as I can tell in a way that still has kept the game interesting, so I just don't see this being a point that he would diverge on. Honestly, including the cylon 3rd party is in effect a balancing element to make sure some cylons and some humans are bad in a game where many of us have the same characters as last game. Obviously, we aren't going to just roll over the same bad people as scum every game just because the flavor means that person is bad. This season, having an anti-town 3rd party of some cylons and a more or less explicitly human resistance that were both respresented in the show is a great way to balance flavor and the mechanics necessary to keep the game interesting.

ppe 1

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 22, 2021, 01:40:29 pm »

I have to use my public vote power before the presidential election ends, if I am indeed most likely to be elected. I want to vote Swowl. It's a permanent vote. Reactions?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 22, 2021, 01:45:34 pm »

Faust, what happens if the brigging vote resolves before the presidential election does?
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 22, 2021, 01:47:33 pm »

Faust, what happens if the brigging vote resolves before the presidential election does?
The player with the most presidential votes at the time becomes President, but cannot enact an Executive Order that Day.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1245 on: July 22, 2021, 01:54:42 pm »

I have to use my public vote power before the presidential election ends, if I am indeed most likely to be elected. I want to vote Swowl. It's a permanent vote. Reactions?

Dylan's point about the resistance makes sense to me, and it makes me like the Jack exile a little less, so I'm good with that.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 22, 2021, 01:59:30 pm »

that... was the point, I'm sorry. experimented a bit with Awaclus' school of not telling your real reads. I do feel bad though :(

my scumread of you comes from your power and lovers wincon. I thought about lovers wincon as the one that can be winnable only by being town, but based on town wincon you can win as scum-lover and that pulled my strings

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 22, 2021, 02:32:24 pm »

that... was the point, I'm sorry. experimented a bit with Awaclus' school of not telling your real reads. I do feel bad though :(

my scumread of you comes from your power and lovers wincon. I thought about lovers wincon as the one that can be winnable only by being town, but based on town wincon you can win as scum-lover and that pulled my strings

I mean, yeah, the lover wincon is completely independent of any other wincon. It's literally just you and your lover have to be alive at the end of the game, and the existence of the lover alignment was tied to actions taken last game, not anything to do with this game. So that point is totally NAI.

On the power note, I'll talk about that when we get to us in the claiming order, but from your comment everyone can reason out that I have (and truthfully claimed since why would I purposely claim something that could be seen as scummy if I'm scum and could lie anyway) a role that could have positive utility if I were scum. I could see why you think what you apparently think, but there's a strong case for why this is actually better to be in town's hands/not as strong for a hypothetical scum role as the plain, non-faust modified version of the role. Also LL, if you look at my role again, it has a built in very safe fakeclaim that I could have gone with by just excluding the part that you are scumreading.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 22, 2021, 02:35:50 pm »

I do have to say though, I don't recall Awaclus ever lying about his reads, he just straight up says nothing. Really not a fan of (and by not a fan of I do mean I think it's scummy) lying about anything. Withholding is totally fair and makes sense, but straight up lying is so rarely pro-town as to immediately raise suspicion...

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 22, 2021, 02:46:46 pm »

As to what difference it makes, to my eyes it is scummy to ignore the information that we have in order to continue pushing a narrative that cylons are inherently bad as opposed to all available evidence (and it's not exactly an inconsequential amount) points to, at least in terms of flavor, an inherently human resistance, because resistance-aligned humans absolutely are more likely than others to want to keep cylons at the top of the exile priority list.

I am not continuing to push a narrative that cylons are inherently bad.  I am saying that is what I think. I can be wrong. People can disagree with me. There is no case that I am making right now that hinges on cylon-ness, so it REALLY seems like you are just heading off a result. Otherwise, my opinion about cylons is irrelevant. No one knows if they are human or cylon.  The last sentence you have there "resistance-aligned humans" is not in evidence.  YOU are asserting that. It may come from flavor, but that doesn't mean that is inherently true. It is scummy of you to assert that humans are scum, make it sound like it is factual knowledge, and then bag on me for me for it.

I agree that faust is doing an awesome job at creating this game, but I don't think in this game or in any other that the flavor provides any sort of clue as to who the scum team is or, in this case, what they are comprised of since we all know that the characters, and likely species, were assigned before he rolled the teams. I am sticking to what I have learned in the game. 

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75  All

Page created in 1.698 seconds with 20 queries.