Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145745 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1025 on: July 16, 2021, 02:02:20 pm »

Yeah okay scola's scum.

So my thinking here is, we flip scola today, and if he flips scum, that's that, otherwise I claim tomorrow. Is that okay?

I am confused about what pasta said that makes you think he is skum and or a good flip for today?

1. If he is gonna die anyways is a horrible reason. For just, countless reasons. On both ends of the argument tbf.
2. You said you had a gut read and wanted the claim to sort things out. He claimed. Then you asked for more. Now you skum read him. Was there anything he could of said that would of changed your mind? Why bother with the theatrics?

PPE 2:
I am fenced on scola. Willing to take information into consideration. As it stands right now, not a fan of a pasta exile today.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 16, 2021, 02:05:17 pm »

Yeah okay scola's scum.

So my thinking here is, we flip scola today, and if he flips scum, that's that, otherwise I claim tomorrow. Is that okay?

I am confused about what pasta said that makes you think he is skum and or a good flip for today?

1. If he is gonna die anyways is a horrible reason. For just, countless reasons. On both ends of the argument tbf.
2. You said you had a gut read and wanted the claim to sort things out. He claimed. Then you asked for more. Now you skum read him. Was there anything he could of said that would of changed your mind? Why bother with the theatrics?

PPE 2:
I am fenced on scola. Willing to take information into consideration. As it stands right now, not a fan of a pasta exile today.

His OMGUS on me was pretty scummy.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 16, 2021, 02:10:45 pm »

Claiming would be so much better if LL was here. I'm still saving it for when he arrives.

I might do it today but eeeeeeeeeeeeh it's not like exiling scola today matters, right?
He said he can cure himself.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 16, 2021, 02:11:46 pm »

Claiming would be so much better if LL was here. I'm still saving it for when he arrives.

I might do it today but eeeeeeeeeeeeh it's not like exiling scola today matters, right?
He said he can cure himself.

Where?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1029 on: July 16, 2021, 02:12:24 pm »

I didn't find his OMGUS scummy. It's a valid point. None of us have been considering MiX, and I don't exactly know why beyond a vague "I townread him".

I would probably hammer scola if it was that or no exile, but I think Jack is more likely to be scum.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 16, 2021, 02:12:31 pm »

OK, So I was waiting to claim for a few (related) reasons, basically hoping LaLight would come back. Because my role is essentially very similar to his (by the sounds of it) except it has restrictions.

So I need to first gather doses but to do that I need to go and risk getting sick. I may not succeed, sadly, which is what happened the first night, and I had to go back out the 2nd night. (so LaLight curing me wouldn't have helped me, anyway)

If I have successfully gathered any doses, I can cure radiation sickness.

My hope was to have LaLight cure me in order to validate his claim. Instead, as I now have 1 dose, I'll be able to validate my own claim instead, assuming I'm not exiled.

But that's why I was curious to hear more about the case on LL. I find it weird that he volunteered so quickly, leaving me to die (in his mind), and I suspect his role is a little more nuanced than just, he can cure radiation any night.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 16, 2021, 02:18:31 pm »

Thanks EFHW I missed that.

That's a great way to justify not dying. Did any military target scola N1?

I'll ISO scola's D3 and see if there's any inconsistencies.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 16, 2021, 02:56:46 pm »

Yeah okay scola's scum.

PPE 2:

His OMGUS on me was pretty scummy.

You've been voting for me since even before I claimed.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 16, 2021, 02:59:23 pm »

How did you miss it? You're the one who asked me to claim and right after posted:

Okay, that's a good cover story.

What else does that power do?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 16, 2021, 03:23:27 pm »

I am cool with a Jack exile or no exile.

I don’t see the upside to exiling Scola. If he doesn’t cure himself, he dies. It’s like an exile we get for free! I do not have strong scummy or no vibes, but I’m not willing to trust MiX on exiling him now  without more information.

I’m heading out for the afternoon/evening (happy weekend everyone!) so I’ll be around just before I go to bed tonight, but likely not at deadline.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: July 16, 2021, 04:01:35 pm »

I'm good with no exile. There is a chance, don't know how big, that Dylan and LL are both scum and wanted a free town exile. Probably not, since they were so overt about it, but who knows. I don't have a compelling case on anyone right now.

vote: no exile

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 16, 2021, 04:05:06 pm »

How did you miss it? You're the one who asked me to claim and right after posted:

I skimmed it. You didn't explicitly say you could target yourself fwiw.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 16, 2021, 04:13:40 pm »

I think my radiation poisoning was the reason it got added to the deck.

Why do you think this?

Quit with the prodding! (though I get it)

I have radiation poisoning because I performed an action on N1 that exposed me. Not sure it benefits town or me yet to say what the action was, short of, in order to do a better more useful thing, I needed to go out into the irradiated zone first.

Not mentioning it was just misunderstanding that two nights meant the night I went out and the next night, not the next two nights. I planned on asking LL today to cure me.

I do find it weird that he so quickly offered to help me, then volunteered and went away, where we don't know if he'll be back in time to cure me. Worried it's a convenient way to dodge responsibility when I die, having gotten the credit for trying to save me.

Why did you want to tell LL to heal you? Can't you heal yourself?

@scola, can you say more about the getting sick mechanism? It sounds like you are saying you do have some percent chance of getting doses without getting sick.

As far as i know, i get sick any time i go out to get more doses.

But i can fill in getting doses - it's not a good idea to say what can cause that.

How did you get sick and get blocked at the same time?

No, they are two separate powers - one to go to irradiated area to try and get doses or separately, I can administer a dose, if I have one.

Can you administer infinite doses once you get one?

Exactly, so how in the world am I doing the OMGUS? You had a townread on me before I pushed you like this.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 16, 2021, 04:14:19 pm »

I'm on board killing scola, since he won't die at night.

Vote: scola for emphasis.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 16, 2021, 04:16:48 pm »

I skimmed it. You didn't explicitly say you could target yourself fwiw.

My hope was to have LaLight cure me in order to validate his claim. Instead, as I now have 1 dose, I'll be able to validate my own claim instead, assuming I'm not exiled.

Added emphasis. I think it was clear, especially considering I'm the only one with sickness. Others got it, and if not clear, why not ask me as a follow up?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 16, 2021, 04:17:59 pm »

You were willing to die to confirm LL's role?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 16, 2021, 04:18:40 pm »

Wait. Wait. I withdraw that.

Okay that is consistent.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 16, 2021, 04:29:32 pm »

I think my radiation poisoning was the reason it got added to the deck.

Why do you think this?

The rules for the season state that a turning point will occur when "a player ends a second Night with Radiation poisoning." I didn't realize until the day started that N1 counted as the first Night, since I didn't have the poisoning to start the night. Once I did, and nothing else occurred that would cause a turning point, it seemed likely this was it.

Quit with the prodding! (though I get it)

I have radiation poisoning because I performed an action on N1 that exposed me. Not sure it benefits town or me yet to say what the action was, short of, in order to do a better more useful thing, I needed to go out into the irradiated zone first.

Not mentioning it was just misunderstanding that two nights meant the night I went out and the next night, not the next two nights. I planned on asking LL today to cure me.

I do find it weird that he so quickly offered to help me, then volunteered and went away, where we don't know if he'll be back in time to cure me. Worried it's a convenient way to dodge responsibility when I die, having gotten the credit for trying to save me.

Why did you want to tell LL to heal you? Can't you heal yourself?

Because a) I didn't know if I would succeed in retrieving a dose last night; b) I wanted to gauge LL's reaction. I still can't imagine he can just cure radiation without some constraint; i.e. I imagine he also needs doses. Maybe he starts with them, whereas I had 0 to start. and c) if he is different and can cure infinite times, then I wanted to save my dose in case they were needed for someone else and LL gets removed from the game.

@scola, can you say more about the getting sick mechanism? It sounds like you are saying you do have some percent chance of getting doses without getting sick.

As far as i know, i get sick any time i go out to get more doses.

But i can fill in getting doses - it's not a good idea to say what can cause that.

How did you get sick and get blocked at the same time?

It's any targeting by military not a specific blocking action, so I don't get "blocked" per se, I just fail to retrieve any doses. I still go out there.

No, they are two separate powers - one to go to irradiated area to try and get doses or separately, I can administer a dose, if I have one.

No, I have to deal with finite amounts.

Exactly, so how in the world am I doing the OMGUS? You had a townread on me before I pushed you like this.

Well, I did call it OMGUS lite. Because while you had been voting for me, you're "OK, scola's scum" came right after I just asked you to claim and that you seemed to be getting a free ride for some reason.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 16, 2021, 04:31:25 pm »

Before you were on board killing me because I would die and it wouldn't matter; now because I would. In other words, you are and have been on board exiling me, no matter what. And try to use "since it won't matter" and "since he won't die at night", instead of actually presenting any compelling case.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 16, 2021, 04:34:25 pm »

Also, just realized, that if the Cylons don't vote today that could mean that no one left who can control the vote (e.g. ash and math) are around, BUT it also could mean Dylan and LL since they are away.

Vote: No exile

I still am willing to consider an actual exile from my earlier list, BUT in case I'm not around a lot tonight, want to at least get a default vote in.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 16, 2021, 04:40:03 pm »

So we go from this:
I see it like this: you're going to die. So...why not claim?

Followed by a vote from you for scola.
Following up again with this...

And now this...

So he is going to die at night = exile scola
He is not going to die at night = exile scola
Claim can only help scola, so he should claim. If he doesn't = exile scola
Scola claims = Exile scola.

Just like... if you have a result just claim it man. What is up with this?

PPE 2-3
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 16, 2021, 04:52:52 pm »

Yes I think we should exile my scumread. This is outside mechanics.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 16, 2021, 05:02:17 pm »

Vote Count 3.7

Jack Rudd (2): Glooble, WestCoastDidds
scolapasta (2): MiX, Jack Rudd
gkrieg13 (1): Swowl

No Exile (2): EFHW, scolapasta

Not Voting (2): Cylons, gkrieg13

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to exile. Day 3 ends July 17, 2021, 08:15:00 am. This is in about 15 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 16, 2021, 05:05:01 pm »

It's just occurred to me that if I were scum, and knew neither LaLight or Scolapasta was, I might well have gotten rid of LaLight last night so as to try to create a two-in-one elimination. It might be meaningful that this didn't happen.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 16, 2021, 05:09:07 pm »

No, I have to deal with finite amounts.

Why would you not say how many doses you got?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 75  All

Page created in 1.996 seconds with 20 queries.