Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145589 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #500 on: July 01, 2021, 04:58:02 pm »

Looks like a busy start to the day. Today is a busy day (which is kind of just Thursdays in general for me), so I'll catch up tomorrow at the latest, but not right now. Sorry
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 01, 2021, 08:43:15 pm »

Wow…there is nothing going on. That always makes me super nervous. Town never seems to benefit from a stall.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #502 on: July 02, 2021, 03:19:15 am »

Wait, cylons voted for ADK there, so that's X-1. Definitely feel worse about that wagon.

Why does it make you feel worse? Do you know something about the Cylon vote the rest of us don't? I believe a few people have stated this game appears to not be Cylon vs Human, just like the first round.

It does look like it/they voted between 2:03 and 2:28 today though. So that should narrow it down.

I mean, I don't "know" anything, but I have reasons to doubt that it is an inherently pro-town group.

what are these reasons?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 02, 2021, 04:15:28 am »

C’mon MiX…no way Ash puts his yellow buddy in the Admiral role, assuming his buddy (or buddies) are military. It’s too much scrutiny. He either chose me because he didn’t want a turning point, or he had a good feeling I was town and/or not against his alliance. Or he didn’t chose and I randomed up.

If I didn’t trust you there is no way I give you pardon power. Think about it… if I’m a baddie, you’re a great misexile and there is plenty of trepidation about you generally, and then we have LL and mathdude who don’t need much reason to vote for you.

Well, I trust you but I’m not sure what it takes for me to earn your trust. It feels like my tussle with LL last game where he just  oiling not scumread me even though I wasn’t scum. I don’t know how to get out from under distrust even when there is evidence to the contrary.

I am really, truly sorry that went how that went :( I didn't mean to hurt you in any way and I was really wrong. Also I thought "oiling" was some slang I didn't understand, but caught in the context
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 02, 2021, 04:16:31 am »

knowing ash, I wouldn't be surprised if he left picking a new admiral for chance.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 02, 2021, 09:20:22 am »

I copped mathdude last night and got cylon. We should exile him Today.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 02, 2021, 09:21:13 am »

Lol, can you clarify?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #507 on: July 02, 2021, 09:47:57 am »

Did you get "cylon extremist" or just cylon? Does your cop ability detect alignment or just species?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 02, 2021, 10:13:13 am »

I am really, truly sorry that went how that went :( I didn't mean to hurt you in any way and I was really wrong. Also I thought "oiling" was some slang I didn't understand, but caught in the context

Oh, LaLi! I’m good! We’re good! I know it’s the game. I was more trying to explain that it’s really hard to get someone to trust you if they have decided that you’re not on their team. I have good reasons that MiX should trust me, but he doesn’t. It has echoes of last game.

And oiling was a straight up typo. Your English is no match for my terrible phone typing! :)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 02, 2021, 10:13:45 am »

Ohhhhh! Spicy!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 02, 2021, 10:32:57 am »

Did you get "cylon extremist" or just cylon? Does your cop ability detect alignment or just species?

Hmmm, yes more clarification needed! If it's just species, then that's not enough to exile this game. S1, yes, since we figured out it was Human-Aligned vs Cylon-Aligned (though come to think of it, I'm not sure how we did, since we never flipped one of us Cylon-aligned players; I think "we" guessed and just got lucky)

But in this season we have at least some reason to believe (most?) cylons are good. I mean clearly Ash was not (well, at least not town) but it would make sense not all Cylons are Cylon Extremist Aligned, otherwise it would just be called Cylon-Aligned.

Also, if you suggest to exile mathdude today, why not vote in the same post??

(fyi, a better reason to exile mathdude is that he survived into D2, as he has been scum in 100% of games in which he's survived into D2! - and yes folks, this is a joke!)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 02, 2021, 10:52:31 am »

Hmmm, yes more clarification needed! If it's just species, then that's not enough to exile this game. S1, yes, since we figured out it was Human-Aligned vs Cylon-Aligned (though come to think of it, I'm not sure how we did, since we never flipped one of us Cylon-aligned players; I think "we" guessed and just got lucky)

But in this season we have at least some reason to believe (most?) cylons are good. I mean clearly Ash was not (well, at least not town) but it would make sense not all Cylons are Cylon Extremist Aligned, otherwise it would just be called Cylon-Aligned.

(fyi, a better reason to exile mathdude is that he survived into D2, as he has been scum in 100% of games in which he's survived into D2! - and yes folks, this is a joke!)

Both me and awaclus got "cylon-aligned" from faust with a very strong indicator that it meant scum. I mean, that's how I ended up knowing dylan was scum the final day.

It's a joke, but it's compelling.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 02, 2021, 11:04:01 am »

Both me and awaclus got "cylon-aligned" from faust with a very strong indicator that it meant scum. I mean, that's how I ended up knowing dylan was scum the final day.

It's a joke, but it's compelling.

Ah, ok - publicly then at least, we never saw it.

Why is it compelling?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 02, 2021, 12:52:17 pm »

Ok, there have been a couple questions directed at me, so rather than quote and answer them all individually, this will just include those answers in a hopefully cohesive set of thoughts.

Claim stuff:
I kept the same character from season 1, Caprica 6. The character I claimed in that game was a provided fake claim. I was ADK's lover in this game as a direct result of an action I took last game targeting him, so the lover alignment was completely separate and unrelated to the randomly rolled alignment that ADK and I got, which is why we are dual aligned. Only the two of us were lover aligned, but to fill that win condition, we both had to survive until the end of the game. Now that ADK is dead, it is impossible for me to play for that wincon.

I think someone asked about Vigil actions, so I couldn't take any because all my abilities last game were 1-shot and were used up in that game.

D1, cylon-aligned folks had daychat.

Thoughts:
Swowl asked about my reasons for thinking the cylons voting block is anti-town I believe. My character is (in all likelihood) a cylon, but I'm not part of any cylon-related faction or QT this game. The cylons did vote at the end of the day D1, and given the plural name implying more than one cylon and that cylon-aligned had daychat last season, I am assuming that vote was controlled by some cylon associated faction or QT that was open for daychat.

Could it be the cylon-extremists voting? Possibly. Cylon-aligned (not yet flipped hypothetical scum faction)? Possibly. All cylon characters in a mixed QT? No, because if that were the case, I would be in it, and I'm not. A mix of non-town cylons from different factions? Could be. From my perspective, in any of the possible options there, the cylons vote is not controlled by those who have town's best interest in mind, whether it's a traditional scum faction or not. I mean, I guess it's possible that there was some deciding factor that would pick some cylons but not others to be in a group, like maybe a roll of the dice for each cylon to see if they are added or something, but I don't think that's very likely.

On a related but mostly meta/flavor angle, up until I was writing this post, I really didn't buy into the suggestion that there was not a traditional scum faction with a normal NK, but I had a thought that might make sense. The idea of an extremist could possibly include someone who is willing to harm/eliminate themself in order to accomplish their aims. This is pure speculation with no mechanical reasoning for it yet, but it might be possible that Ash wasn't killed by someone else, but attempted to do something that involved sacrificing himself. If the goal was take someone else out with him, maybe they were protected, or maybe it had some reason beyond a kill. This seems like a bit of a reach to me, but it's at least possible given the flavor name and not flipping as red. I do think it's more likely that he was just killed by the true scum faction though and we're overthinking it.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 02, 2021, 12:58:06 pm »

Wow…there is nothing going on. That always makes me super nervous. Town never seems to benefit from a stall.

Definitely. But raising the issue (in the way I do) started getting me in trouble halfway through D1.

At least now we have more to discuss (in posts shortly after yours).
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 02, 2021, 01:04:24 pm »

As others like Glooble have said... are you saying alignment or species? Because yes, I'm fairly certain I'm Cylon species.

And I have a strong inclination that there is either more that you aren't telling us, or you are strictly lying (and got lucky guessing I'm Cylon).
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 02, 2021, 01:38:35 pm »

Math, are you part of the cylons vote?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 02, 2021, 01:48:58 pm »

Hey Dylan - spell it out for the slow folks here - why are you alive if ADK is dead?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 02, 2021, 01:56:19 pm »

Hey Dylan - spell it out for the slow folks here - why are you alive if ADK is dead?

I'm not trying to answer for Dylan, but the way I read his explanation it is that it was a wincon requirement that they both be alive, rather than something that tied them together in death.

More thoughts about cylons....

If there is a cylon-extremist faction, it is probably made up of cylons. The "cylons" vote is definitely anti-town to me, and just by virtue of the hidden vote mechanism it suggests there is daychat among them. I am also assuming that the "cylons" vote comes from, you know, cylons. Dylan thinks that he might be a cylon, but he is not part of the cylon vote, but he doesn't actually know if he is a cylon or not.

gkrieg says math is a cylon. We don't know if he is voting with the "cylons" yet, but still, all in all, I think cylons are not good for us.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 02, 2021, 02:09:20 pm »

can confirm Dylan had some sort of power that allowed him to attach himself in some way and that he chose ADK. I'll have th go back to read the QT to confirm the details (and I will later), but I don't see why he would change anything there, knowing that either Jack or I could call him out on it.

I am also on the "there is a faction with a NK" hypothesis team, I forget who said it that its the simplest explanation. But just to humor the other side, I did have in S1 a Bomb PR that allowed me to take out someone else. So that is an example of a PR like Dylan is pondering.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 02, 2021, 02:36:55 pm »

can confirm Dylan had some sort of power that allowed him to attach himself in some way and that he chose ADK. I'll have th go back to read the QT to confirm the details (and I will later), but I don't see why he would change anything there, knowing that either Jack or I could call him out on it.

I am also on the "there is a faction with a NK" hypothesis team, I forget who said it that its the simplest explanation. But just to humor the other side, I did have in S1 a Bomb PR that allowed me to take out someone else. So that is an example of a PR like Dylan is pondering.

We can confirm that the lover part of ADK had to do with game 1: it's most likely what ADK didn't claim in post-game. It seems to fit perfectly with Dylan's story.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 02, 2021, 02:58:18 pm »

Confirming Dylan's claim here.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 02, 2021, 03:36:09 pm »

Went back and checked: for S1 it was different; i.e. if one got incapacitated, so did the other. But it makes sense that wouldn't still hold true and now be something related, but different.

Dylan, was this an AND or OR wincon, i.e. how did it interact with your regular win con?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 02, 2021, 03:43:02 pm »

Got cylon. I have a pretty good reason to assume that it is likely a scum result though.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 02, 2021, 03:50:58 pm »

As others like Glooble have said... are you saying alignment or species? Because yes, I'm fairly certain I'm Cylon species.

And I have a strong inclination that there is either more that you aren't telling us, or you are strictly lying (and got lucky guessing I'm Cylon).

It does not say if it is alignment or species.

I don't want to completely reveal everything about my copping ability. Why do you think I'm lying, and why would I guess that you were a Cylon?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 20 queries.