Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 147808 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2021, 04:54:02 pm »

My gut reaction says whoever NKed ashersky was primarily attempting to get a civilian as the admiral. Pure speculation but it makes sense to me.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 30, 2021, 05:04:37 pm »

I agree with MiX that a true scum alignment exists.

Disagree that lalight belongs to said scum alignment

I may bee convincing myself this isn't true.

So far we have:
Town-aligned
Lover-aligned
Cylon-extremist-aligned

Town has to have the majority when the game ends. I wouldn't be too surprised if we have as many as 5 alignments to include multiple dual-alignments. I do think some alignments are going to be exclusive, I doubt cylon extremists would share a win con with another alignment
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Night 1)
« Reply #427 on: June 30, 2021, 05:22:06 pm »

Interesting. So we have at least three factions:

Town
Lovers
Cylon Extremists

and people can have more than one alignment.

We also have scum.

Vote: LL

Damn, the one game I was agreeing with ash, and he dies...I guess it makes sense he didn't flip town, but still.

I would like everyone that used a Vigil ability to claim as such. I didn't.

President is being very authoritarian.

Also, I just realized that I basically said the same thing glooble opened the day with

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #428 on: June 30, 2021, 05:25:08 pm »

Went back and read EFHW, and can definitely see a scum!EFHW narrative.  Don't think it could get off the ground at this point for today but I would vote there

Also, went back and have changed my mind here, scum narrative doesn't fit, EFHW seems like town to me

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 30, 2021, 05:26:11 pm »

Town
Lovers
Cylon Extremists

We also have scum.

Damn, the one game I was agreeing with ash, and he dies...I guess it makes sense he didn't flip town, but still.

President is being very authoritarian.

Gasp.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 30, 2021, 05:45:32 pm »

Ash died somehow. If we believe that there's no main scum, then whoever killed ash is not playing for town's faction. Given ash's the one that died, and that there's a lover that is also town, all points to there being another scum.

Are you the other lover-aligned?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 30, 2021, 05:54:39 pm »

Ash died somehow. If we believe that there's no main scum, then whoever killed ash is not playing for town's faction. Given ash's the one that died, and that there's a lover that is also town, all points to there being another scum.

No.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 30, 2021, 06:00:26 pm »

And I know exactly which one you will choose, making this the only time ever I think I can predict what you will do. :)

Meanie! But I think you misunderstood something, and didn't do it intentionally.

No way I’m a meanie! I have you the pardon card which I KNEW you would choose! Also, knowing your opposition to no exile, I figured it wouldn’t get used capriciously. If you’re scum, that sucks. But I don’t think you are.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 30, 2021, 06:01:25 pm »

My gut reaction says whoever NKed ashersky was primarily attempting to get a civilian as the admiral. Pure speculation but it makes sense to me.

Didn’t Ash get to name his successor? Why would he have chosen a civilian?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 30, 2021, 06:02:15 pm »

No.

Then how do you know the other lover (assuming there's one) is also town? I could easily imagine a scenario with two lovers in different factions ala Romeo and Juliet.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 30, 2021, 06:03:01 pm »

ALSO if we believe that ash's faction is, in fact, a scum faction, this night somehow supports my theory about no direct kill.

LaLi, can you explain this to me? How does Ash getting nightkilled mean that there is no direct nightkill?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 30, 2021, 06:03:38 pm »

No.

Then how do you know the other lover (assuming there's one) is also town? I could easily imagine a scenario with two lovers in different factions ala Romeo and Juliet.

Scola! Who knew you were so romantic? Ha!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 30, 2021, 06:03:56 pm »

Because we don't know if people are military or civilian, if they keep the same as S1. You were military S1 and I assume still are, since no turning point. I changed characters, so otherwise have no data.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 30, 2021, 06:05:09 pm »

No.

The lover that is also town is dead.

Because we don't know if people are military or civilian, if they keep the same as S1. You were military S1 and I assume still are, since no turning point. I changed characters, so otherwise have no data.

Hold on, doesn't this make it so it's incredibly unlikely that whoever killed ash wanted a civilian admiral? Surely ash thought about who was likely military. I mean, think about it, Didds did claim to have kept her character.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 30, 2021, 06:06:53 pm »

Also, the question I have is would ash pick someone from his own faction as a successor? or would he think that was too suspicious? Clearly there's some WIFOM here...

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 30, 2021, 06:07:54 pm »

But he knew I was still the same character… there was a discussion of the viper pilots not having a QT this game. I am military, I assumed that if we kept our person that we kept our status.

PPE: 2

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 30, 2021, 06:08:43 pm »

No.

Oh wait - you're saying that the lover you were referring to was ash himself? Man you're sentence doesn't read that way to me, but maybe I guess it could...

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 30, 2021, 06:10:15 pm »

But he knew I was still the same character… there was a discussion of the viper pilots not having a QT this game. I am military, I assumed that if we kept our person that we kept our status.

PPE: 2

Well, you knew that you kept your status. But like I said, I have no data of my own, and I wonder if it would be that way for all characters. That said, I guess I could see ash willing to pick someone who was military S1, in case it did stay the same (since that possbility makes it better than random).

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2021, 06:11:48 pm »

Town
Lovers
Cylon Extremists

We also have scum.

1. Agreed there is skum in the game. But just to be clear when you say skum here you mean like "mafia-type" skum right? I would assume that Ash was also some form of skum.

2. What were you agree with ash about other than rando gut reads against me?

3. I do not see how claiming the vigil ability is useful.. but also I don't see harm in it - so I will say I did not use a vigil ability last night.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2021, 06:12:47 pm »

The following executive order has been enacted:
Presidential pardon
At the end of the Day, the President may choose to pardon the exiled player. If they do, the exiled player does not flip and is not sent to the brig. They have 12 hours to make the decision, during which the thread remains open.

So didds... you just like a super TR on mix at this point then?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2021, 06:13:33 pm »

No.

Oh wait - you're saying that the lover you were referring to was ash himself? Man you're sentence doesn't read that way to me, but maybe I guess it could...

How does that make sense? Ash did not flip lover?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 30, 2021, 06:15:41 pm »

Also, just so it is said, I had some IRL shit pop up at DL - sorry I was not around.

After LL claimed what they did, it pretty much throws all my concepts of why I found them off out the window. TLDR; I no longer think LL is skum. At least for now, based on the reasons I had before.
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 30, 2021, 06:16:43 pm »

Yeah, I would have disclosed the military status if I had been asked (Ash asked who wanted to be his successor, but I didn’t answer that because I didn’t want to do it! ) but I didn’t even think of disclosing it since I thought that we knew the alignment of all the folks with the same character. It literally never occurred to me that it would switch and we spent so much time last game sorting those out that I thought the only questions were the new characters.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 30, 2021, 06:18:33 pm »

Yeah, I would have disclosed the military status if I had been asked (Ash asked who wanted to be his successor, but I didn’t answer that because I didn’t want to do it! ) but I didn’t even think of disclosing it since I thought that we knew the alignment of all the folks with the same character. It literally never occurred to me that it would switch and we spent so much time last game sorting those out that I thought the only questions were the new characters.

You don't mean "alignment" here right? Cuz that would make the game just way to easy.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 30, 2021, 06:18:55 pm »

Okay, so, my thought process is this: there's 3 teams in play; Town, Lover and Cylon. There's a player that is both town and lover, and ash was a Cylon. So the person that killed ash was most likely someone of a different faction: a pure town would've claimed, and a lover would most likely also be of another faction. So there's a fourth faction.

Maybe the jump that there's no player that is only a lover doesn't make sense, but it's one I'm making.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75  All

Page created in 2.354 seconds with 20 queries.