Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 142756 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2021, 07:35:13 pm »

Oh, that is funny, MiX
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2021, 08:24:20 pm »

Golly, I wish LL had more to say. I was sure I was going to move my vote…

I still might, I guess. Mathdude isn’t looking townie in his exchange with e. I am so here for engaged e, although I also don’t know quite how to process. Still, his case on ADK is better than any other case we’ve seen.

If we’re thinking of the lurkers as scummy Scola and Dylan make the list, but EFHW has a substantive reason for gkrieg.

My towny folks are MiX, EFHW, and e(maybe)
Don’t knows are the lurkers/absents (Dylan, Scola,), Swowl, Glooble
Don’t know/lean scummy LL, gkrieg, math, ADK, Ashes

And this is why I think I get voted out each D1 as town. The day stalls, people don't seem around, I try to actually keep discussions going, and then my posts get nitpicked and people bandwagon since it's approaching deadline.

That happened once, lol.

It actually happened once.

I was starting to be tunneled when I got randomly killed during the day, D1 in another (because the person tried to protect me, from my understanding) but it was a random that ended up killing.

It was happening again when I was scum one game but MiX and a couple others wouldn't let people kill me D1 again.

It didn't get a chance to happen in Memento recently because I self-sabbotaged to use my vengeful cup.

And now it's starting here. e makes an aggressive response, points a finger at me, LL jumps on, and EFHW is ready to join as well.

So yes, you're right it has only happened once. But I'm also right that it seems to be a trend.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2021, 08:49:10 pm »

It was happening again when I was scum one game but MiX and a couple others wouldn't let people kill me D1 again.

Importantly, I was specifically not in that game :P

But I was the reason it happened the first time, so I'll take that.

Also, the champs game is starting soon, so here's my official declaration that I will not be paying much attention to this game in terms of reading people until the game is over. I will try to play a lot of attention to this game's mechanics, though.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 27, 2021, 09:14:45 pm »

@mathdude, you are getting wagons because your aggression seems out of proportion to events. Being active in keeping the game going does not on its own tend to lead to votes.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 27, 2021, 09:14:55 pm »

Is this a group policy thing... don't stir up conversations when things die down, or we'll vote you out? I could just zip up as conversations die down, like many seem to do. Some with reasons, others just not showing up much or not saying much useful. But that doesn't seem like a fun game. Maybe D1 in games should be half as long as other days?

But I'll keep poking and prodding. I do it early D1 in RVS. I'll keep doing it near the end of D1s if we haven't figured out where to go yet.
he/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #305 on: June 27, 2021, 09:28:10 pm »

I am not interested in exiling mathdude today.

So... vote: LaLight I guess?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 27, 2021, 09:38:19 pm »

Is this a group policy thing... don't stir up conversations when things die down, or we'll vote you out? I could just zip up as conversations die down, like many seem to do. Some with reasons, others just not showing up much or not saying much useful. But that doesn't seem like a fun game. Maybe D1 in games should be half as long as other days?

But I'll keep poking and prodding. I do it early D1 in RVS. I'll keep doing it near the end of D1s if we haven't figured out where to go yet.

No, that's scum shooting you down. Please, talk as you'd like.

I'd love to know what conversations should be brought up again.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 27, 2021, 09:53:20 pm »

Ok, I just got back from the wedding yesterday. I kind of followed along, but I definitely need to reread who exactly was saying what, but it probably won't be here at the tail end of a 10 hour roadtrip in which I drove 4 hours and co-piloted 4 more. It is interesting that 8 different people have votes on them right now with only one actual wagon (at least currently, it seemed like there might have been a couple small ones, but I don't remember the timings). I'll be on in the morning fully rested and ready to catch up.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 27, 2021, 11:49:24 pm »

So we're just over 15 hours from deadline. We need 8 to exile. We have 5 on LaLight, 2 on each of me and MiX, and 1 on a few others... if I'm tracking properly.

LL, the biggest wagon yet, is under the gun because of a belief that we shouldn't exile because of one of our potential wincons, I believe? From one of their posts, I got the feeling it's sort of a personal reason to no-exile, not necessarily (just) a town interest. (I can go find that post if anyone is interested).

And it definitely doesn't feel like we have 14 people playing. A few have said they are busy, and I get that real life happens. But it feels like more than those few are missing. I wonder if anyone is proddable at this point?
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2021, 12:04:14 am »

Players:
1. Jack Rudd
2. 2.71828.....
3. WestCoastDidds
4. MiX
5. EFHW
6. scolapasta
7. LaLight
8. Dylan32
9. A Drowned Kernel
10. Swowl
11. gkrieg13
12. ashersky
13. Glooble
14. mathdude

I know it's the end of the weekend and some people are less active on weekends. But I think these people have not posted in at least 24 hours, some even for 48 hours:

prod request: Jack, scola, ADK, Swowl, gkrieg, ash.

My apologies if any have a current posted VLA - I'm posting on phone late at night.
he/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2021, 12:08:27 am »

That's so nice and thoughtful. But there's more to math than just counting.

I don't know, counting is pretty fundamental. Really, I felt as though your post just showed that you hadn't actually read my game.

Oh, and yeah, it is totally OMGUS even without you voting. Don't take that away from me just because you deal in shade and not in black and white votes.

I get it, that voting record is hard to hide from, a lot easier for scum to just shade everything

You are correct that I didn't go back and read your whole game before making that post - most of my posting is done from my phone, so it's just a bit harder to do that.

I believe you probably have the most posts in this thread, yet I don't recall much memorable that you have posted. When I read that one, it felt like I said - "someone else tell me why a person is scummy and I'll vote for them". Now that you and others have replied, I realize there were a couple actual useful posts you've made - sorry for not remembering them.

But since I was replying to a single post, that's part of the reason I didn't vote for you at the same time. Give you a chance to respond. And I would have been ready to move on, after the responses, but now you have made a big deal out of it.

Fair enough. This is my first game playing with you, I took your post as lazy scum, but I see an alternate version here.

Vote: ADK
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2021, 12:20:54 am »

I haven't really had anything more to say. I will have more to say on day 2 if I get there.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 28, 2021, 12:26:01 am »

Players:
1. Jack Rudd
2. 2.71828.....
3. WestCoastDidds
4. MiX
5. EFHW
6. scolapasta
7. LaLight
8. Dylan32
9. A Drowned Kernel
10. Swowl
11. gkrieg13
12. ashersky
13. Glooble
14. mathdude

I know it's the end of the weekend and some people are less active on weekends. But I think these people have not posted in at least 24 hours, some even for 48 hours:

My apologies if any have a current posted VLA - I'm posting on phone late at night.

At least 24 hours... I think my post was 26 hours ago, is that really a proddable offense? Any way going to bed now.

Has anyone thr ok en a vote e's way?

Maybe i haven't played many games with e before, but this level of engagement (on D1 nonetheless) feels at least worthy of consideration. That and the continued attempts to paint Jack as scum, where I don't see it.

Vote: e
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 28, 2021, 02:05:27 am »

Math's not dying D1 again lmao.

Will you be available at deadline LL?

i think so, yes
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 28, 2021, 03:25:42 am »

All that said, I don't know that Jack is mafia here.  I have very little to go on to read them.

If you made me pick one player, full on gut read, to be mafia, it's Swowl.  And I hate saying that, because Swowl never really seems like mafia to me.  This is especially true if the suspicion of Jack is warranted -- Swowl is obliquely supporting Jack while maintaining a throwaway vote on NGBED1LL.

Not what I am doing - but more importantly, got a good laugh out of the fact that this post is you... "obliquely supporting Jack while while maintaining a throwaway vote on ADK".

Also what is NGBED1LL?

I'm voting MiX?  So no voting ADK.

"Not Going to Be Exiled Day 1 LaLight"
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2021, 03:26:12 am »

All that said, I don't know that Jack is mafia here.  I have very little to go on to read them.

If you made me pick one player, full on gut read, to be mafia, it's Swowl.  And I hate saying that, because Swowl never really seems like mafia to me.  This is especially true if the suspicion of Jack is warranted -- Swowl is obliquely supporting Jack while maintaining a throwaway vote on NGBED1LL.

Ash seems very off here, but I’m not sure if it is in a scummy way.

That tracks.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2021, 03:30:33 am »

I'm gonna vote: gkrieg. "I have to reread" is a scumtell for me, especially in the context of very few posts. And the shade on ash was both very hedgy and not helpful.

I don't really think Jack is scum. The claim was weird, but he really hangs back as scum. Has he even been town yet? It seems like he is always mafia.

I think LL is town, too. I would vote ADK. I have towny impressions of Dylan and MiX.

This is a good post, very town!EFHW to me.  The only really strong post that stood out in all the ones I missed, actually.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2021, 03:31:09 am »

Sorry for the long delay, unexpected weekend trip so I was unavailable.  I'm caught up and will be around for a few hours.  I don't think I'll be on at deadline, as that's 4 a.m. my time.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 28, 2021, 03:37:48 am »

So it's basically LL because he supported no-exile in the beginning or...?

That doesn't seem like the strongest case to me, as it seems like a big red flag for a mafia player to wave.  So it reads more like town thinking they were being helpful.  Plus, mafia!LL is especially careful not to stand out, I think.  That may be outdated info though.

What are the alternatives?  My MiX vote is a holdover that seems to be going nowhere.  Seems Jack is getting a reprieve.

I could sheep EFHW as my only strong town read.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 28, 2021, 04:38:57 am »

So it's basically LL because he supported no-exile in the beginning or...?

That doesn't seem like the strongest case to me, as it seems like a big red flag for a mafia player to wave.  So it reads more like town thinking they were being helpful.  Plus, mafia!LL is especially careful not to stand out, I think.  That may be outdated info though.

What are the alternatives?  My MiX vote is a holdover that seems to be going nowhere.  Seems Jack is getting a reprieve.

I could sheep EFHW as my only strong town read.

I might be the easiest wagon ever for the dumbest reason ever. Playing for town wincon? oh, you must be scum. Cool.

I might partially claim here if you want. is it 3 hours left?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 28, 2021, 04:59:07 am »

Vote Count 1.8

MiX (2): ashersky, A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (2): Jack Rudd, 2.71828.....
2.71828..... (2): gkrieg13, scolapasta
LaLight (5): WestCoastDidds, Swowl, mathdude, MiX, Glooble
gkrieg13 (1): EFHW
mathdude (1): LaLight

Not Voting (2):  Dylan32, Cylons

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to exile. Day 1 ends June 28, 2021, 03:00:00 pm. This is in about 10 hours.

Prods sent to ADK, Swowl, gkrieg.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 28, 2021, 05:38:41 am »

I might be the easiest wagon ever for the dumbest reason ever. Playing for town wincon? oh, you must be scum. Cool.

You know, if you are mafia, this is the epitome of "caught for the wrong reasons" complaining.

Does your partial claim do anything?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 28, 2021, 07:17:19 am »

At least 24 hours... I think my post was 26 hours ago, is that really a proddable offense? Any way going to bed now.

Has anyone thr ok en a vote e's way?

Maybe i haven't played many games with e before, but this level of engagement (on D1 nonetheless) feels at least worthy of consideration. That and the continued attempts to paint Jack as scum, where I don't see it.

Vote: e

Your post was about 26 hours earlier. And if that was the main "offense", I may have skipped you on the list. But that post, seen here:
Got prodded. Sorry, still fairly busy, but I should be around for deadline. Still haven't had much of a chance to read back, but also it's D1 and I never have good D1 reads (who does?)

If anything I'm still dubious of the scum!jack reads. And I'm trying to figure out this new(ish) MiX.
was made after more than 72 hours of inactivity.

And while you did actually post a bit about your gut/reads, you acknowledged you weren't around much yet didn't do anything to correct it. So I called you out. If you think being absent for 72 hours, making one post, then maybe showing up 36 hours later "at deadline" is okay, then I have a problem with that. This is when we should actually consolidate thoughts as a group, not when we disappear, let 6 others out of 14 make a decision, and drop a vote at deadline.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 28, 2021, 07:18:11 am »

we are supposed to no exile

also-also I have a reason to believe scum doesn't have a night kill, moreso poisoning. Radiation poisoning to be exact

Can you clarify this, LL? It's the only reason I think you can be town right now.

PPE: Math town, town math, etc.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2021, 07:37:15 am »

You know, if you are mafia, this is the epitome of "caught for the wrong reasons" complaining.

Does your partial claim do anything?

not really, tbh. Even full claim won't really do anything to make me seem more town, but I don't want to do a full claim.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 20 queries.