Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 145543 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 6)
« Reply #1725 on: August 04, 2021, 02:27:57 am »

I also have no explanation for the Dylan night action shit. I am left to assume I am right about them needing to meet their exact win con so they lied and cultivated the best possible set of results for us to act on.
There is nothing that can explain Dylan telling the truth.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 04, 2021, 08:46:58 am »

A case!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 04, 2021, 08:55:35 am »

Swowl, why did you target Didds with your vig?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 04, 2021, 09:07:30 am »

I also have no explanation for the Dylan night action shit. I am left to assume I am right about them needing to meet their exact win con so they lied and cultivated the best possible set of results for us to act on.

How about "Pick a player. They will return investigation results as if they were you." Requires gk and Dylan to converge on both picking Glooble, so I don't know if it's very likely. They tried to kill Dylan, not me. Dylan had a bulletproof.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1729 on: August 04, 2021, 10:21:05 am »

If both of us kept the same character as last season we would gain an additional power, which I believe for me is an X-shot passive bulletproof ability that is only active under a certain condition (that LL knows but I think is better to not tell scum).

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 04, 2021, 11:35:54 am »

My wanting to hammer people is because of my character arc.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 04, 2021, 11:44:21 am »

How about "Pick a player. They will return investigation results as if they were you." Requires gk and Dylan to converge on both picking Glooble, so I don't know if it's very likely. They tried to kill Dylan, not me. Dylan had a bulletproof.

This is interesting. Again, it requires a very unlikely series of events rather than the simple answer of Swowl lying.

It also requires me to have 4 actions (Cylon copping, deck discard stuff, hammering for bulletproof, manipulate investigative results), on top of being able to use a factional kill.

Which would mean all 3 members of one faction have a manipulative ability each.

Also requires me to have tried to kill Dylan, who was not townread by people, and was not gunning for me.

Also means that I tried to hammer and get the bulletproof every night instead of just times I thought I might be shot, which is a very bold play.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 04, 2021, 12:48:28 pm »

Was there proof of the deck discard action?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 04, 2021, 12:49:55 pm »

The bulletproof wouldn't have been needed until last night. That's the only unexplained failure of an attempt to kill you. There could be a different reason for that. The bulletproof theory isn't key to a case on you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 04, 2021, 01:30:40 pm »

The bulletproof wouldn't have been needed until last night. That's the only unexplained failure of an attempt to kill you. There could be a different reason for that. The bulletproof theory isn't key to a case on you.

What could the other reason be?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 04, 2021, 01:31:35 pm »

Yes. N2 I put Special counsel back in the draw deck, which was verified by it being in the draw deck when the discard pile was trashed.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 04, 2021, 01:32:34 pm »

What could the other reason be?

I guess my point is that another reason requires yet another ability that I would need to have.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 04, 2021, 03:57:01 pm »

Yes. N2 I put Special counsel back in the draw deck, which was verified by it being in the draw deck when the discard pile was trashed.
Why did you pick that one?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 04, 2021, 03:58:35 pm »

scola or Didds could have done that.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 04, 2021, 04:56:07 pm »

This is interesting. Again, it requires a very unlikely series of events rather than the simple answer of Swowl lying.

1 --- It also requires me to have 4 actions (Cylon copping, deck discard stuff, hammering for bulletproof, manipulate investigative results), on top of being able to use a factional kill.

2 --- Which would mean all 3 members of one faction have a manipulative ability each.

3 --- Also requires me to have tried to kill Dylan, who was not townread by people, and was not gunning for me.

4 --- Also means that I tried to hammer and get the bulletproof every night instead of just times I thought I might be shot, which is a very bold play.

1 - One of those abilities could of belonged to a skum mate. Would have to pretty much be deck discard I guess. Unless you have day chat.

2 - You are accusing me of being a Re Director, is that not considered Manipulative ability? Why is it ok for all 3 members of one faction to have it when it is me, but not you?

3 - They were claimed blocker and claimed investigation, you would want that gone.

4 - I find it more likely you would risk it for something like BP than you would in attempts to complete you character arc. Day 1, ofc you want it huge RMM. Day 2, you resulted Math got off and then back on to make sure you get it... why not? Day 3, You didn't get it because the importance of going no exile for your mate scola outweighed the importance of the BP. Day 4 Now there is a vig in play, you want that shield... so again you hammer. Day 5, Why not take it? easy wagon on glooble, no one gonna look twice at it.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: August 04, 2021, 05:01:46 pm »

1 --- It also requires me to have 4 actions (Cylon copping, deck discard stuff, hammering for bulletproof, manipulate investigative results), on top of being able to use a factional kill.

2 --- Which would mean all 3 members of one faction have a manipulative ability each.

3 --- Also requires me to have tried to kill Dylan, who was not townread by people, and was not gunning for me.

4 --- Also means that I tried to hammer and get the bulletproof every night instead of just times I thought I might be shot, which is a very bold play.

1 - One of those abilities could of belonged to a skum mate. Would have to pretty much be deck discard I guess. Unless you have day chat.

2 - You are accusing me of being a Re Director, is that not considered Manipulative ability? Why is it ok for all 3 members of one faction to have it when it is me, but not you?

3 - They were claimed blocker and claimed investigation, you would want that gone.

4 - I find it more likely you would risk it for something like BP than you would in attempts to complete you character arc. Day 1, ofc you want it huge RMM. Day 2, you resulted Math got off and then back on to make sure you get it... why not? Day 3, You didn't get it because the importance of going no exile for your mate scola outweighed the importance of the BP. Day 4 Now there is a vig in play, you want that shield... so again you hammer. Day 5, Why not take it? easy wagon on glooble, no one gonna look twice at it.

1. Which scum mate?

2. I'm not saying you are a redirector. I think you just have two targeting abilities and targeted Dylan, Glooble, and EFHW N4.

3. I guess so? I just think it is easier to get an exile on them if I really wanted them gone.

4. I mean, I would not have leaned so hard on the whole "I want to be the hammer" thing if it gave me a power. It being a character arc thing makes a lot more sense there.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: August 04, 2021, 05:02:56 pm »

scola or Didds could have done that.

It is listed as a miscellaneous ability, which neither scola or Didds had.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 04, 2021, 05:04:26 pm »

Why did you pick that one?

Really, I just wanted to use the power and it seemed like a decent one. Looking back, I'm not sure it is the best executive order, but my options were limited to what Jack had said was in the discard pile D2.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 04, 2021, 05:09:42 pm »

Swowl, why did you target Didds with your vig?

My shot only works on Military. WCD was Admiral, so 100% sure they were Military.
My shot also does not work if I ended the previous day voting for a Human.

Pasta flipped red, and the only way we even got that was because you came in with the double vote in the 10th hour. I assumed that at a minimum 1/2 other people off the wagon had to be a partner.

Essentially, my reasoning was that 1 of 3 things could happen...

1. Shot fails. The only reason my shot would fail to kill WCD is if GK is human. Which, as I mentioned at the time, would clear GK fairly well and condemn WCD - because at least one of them had to be a partner of Pasta.

2. Shot succeeds, WCD flips Town. Bummer, but I caught GK. Decent enough trade.

3. Shot succeeds, WCD flips Skum. Awesome. And also awesome, GK is not a human. So likely skum.

In reality... you came in and claimed WCD targeted me which is likely the cause of my shot not working. So, ultimately meant nothing for GK, but still... WCD likely skum... which is why I continued to vote for them.

PPe
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 04, 2021, 05:10:46 pm »

So my guess is that Dylan actually had the power he claimed, but was redirected by Swowl, which is why he got the result that he did, with Swowl targeting Dylan and also EFHW.

I also just realized that this is the quote you keep restating. I do not believe that you are a redirector any more. I just think you targeted Dylan, EFHW, and Jack N4 with different actions (two personal roles and one factional kill).

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 04, 2021, 05:31:56 pm »

So my guess is that Dylan actually had the power he claimed, but was redirected by Swowl, which is why he got the result that he did, with Swowl targeting Dylan and also EFHW.

I also just realized that this is the quote you keep restating. I do not believe that you are a redirector any more. I just think you targeted Dylan, EFHW, and Jack N4 with different actions (two personal roles and one factional kill).

Ok cool cool cool. What abilities do I have in which I am selecting those 3 targets?
Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Players alive at the time were (excluding myself) [Dylan, Jack, EFHW, GK, LaLight].

I have an explanation that is way simpler than anything I think you can come up with here - but for the sake of argument, what is your theory?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 04, 2021, 05:32:48 pm »

Ok cool cool cool. What abilities do I have in which I am selecting those 3 targets?
Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Players alive at the time were (excluding myself) [Dylan, Jack, EFHW, GK, LaLight].

I have an explanation that is way simpler than anything I think you can come up with here - but for the sake of argument, what is your theory?

edit - also glooble was alive at the time.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: August 04, 2021, 05:40:35 pm »

Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Not sure, but probably block Dylan or Jack, kill EFHW or Dylan, maybe give radiation poisoning to the third?

Not sure what a third power would be, maybe make someone hated?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 04, 2021, 05:56:25 pm »

Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Not sure, but probably block Dylan or Jack, kill EFHW or Dylan, maybe give radiation poisoning to the third?

Cool.
You think Dylan's results are true right? How did he get them if I blocked him?

real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: August 04, 2021, 05:58:34 pm »

Kill - X
Ability 1 - Y
Ability 2 - Z

Cool.
You think Dylan's results are true right? How did he get them if I blocked him?

He was commuted by Jack, making him untargetable.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 75  All

Page created in 2.266 seconds with 19 queries.