Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]  All

Author Topic: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia  (Read 99449 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM60: Wizard of Oz Mafia
« Reply #1225 on: September 09, 2021, 01:38:35 pm »

Gg everyone!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 09, 2021, 01:39:18 pm »

This. If anyone crashed the game, it was me. I destroyed D1 and failed to be proactive D2. D3 was already set up to fail.

Not true. The Galz exile was unfortunate, but we were set up to win. I *KNOW* that survivor Swowl always wants to win with town. It's where his heart is. I should have stuck to my guns on EFHW. Iguana would have agreed at some point.

Then I would have had an accurate result on faust, and then it wouldn't have mattered as much that pubby was on GID island of his own .
I mean if EFHW had died you wouldn't have lived another night.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 09, 2021, 01:50:30 pm »

Well that works too.

GGs everyone!

Thanks for the game Joth
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 09, 2021, 03:20:41 pm »

Wow, that ended too fast. It definitely felt stacked against town. It didn't help that we got nowhere the first few days. But with 3.5 scum (a strongman, option between RB and redirect are both really strong, and the potential for Survivor to join near the end is where I'm adding .5), it felt that Town didn't have much power to counteract. It's unfortunate our UB ended up as a Hider! But my role never got used (and even if we did exile scum, I didn't see that I'd gain much use out of it). And the lover-aligned masons can cause as much harm with double-death as their trust in each other could help. Also, them and IC all not having active roles (and me not really either) left us guessing in the dark, rather than actually getting much info.

Still, with all that, well played, Scum
he/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 09, 2021, 03:29:28 pm »

It was lind of like the 3 of us were wearing perceptual filters like in Dr. Who, and towns' eyes just kept slipping past.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: September 09, 2021, 03:38:20 pm »

Town had an IC, a cop, a vig, and a jailkeeper. And masons. That's a lot. Bad luck that the backup got the worst role, the JK got NK'd early, and the cop got rolecopped early, and the vig wouldn't shoot. But town was not underpowered IMO.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 09, 2021, 03:59:24 pm »

The Masons shouldn’t have been lovers. Especially with a Vig in play, that’s too easy to lose too many town too quickly.

Masons were an Inactive role. IC was an inactive role. UB is an inactive role. Mayor was an inactive role unless scum was exiled. That’s 5 of 9 town with inactive roles. There was Cop, Vig, JK & Hider.

Two non-town were bulletproof. The chances of Vig actually positively impacting town was 2/11 (not shouting himself or IC), despite 4/13 players being “not town”.

Scum wasn’t terribly overpowered. 1-Shot Strong was fine. Probably lose the Bulletproof. Rolecop is fine. Redirector/Roleblocker probably didn’t need the redirector aspect. If they find the cop or vig early that gives them too much potential power.

So in all…

Scum:
Drop Redirector, drop Bulletproof (maybe change to Godfather).

Town:
Probably make UB a Doctor, drop Lovers (or maybe keep with addition of Doctor). Possibly make Mayor into JoAT.

Survivor:
Either Exile Proof or BP, but not both.

Overall the balance wasn’t hugely skewed. I don’t really think town lost because of setup issues. Maybe a few tweaks needed, but overall it wasn’t badly designed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 09, 2021, 04:17:09 pm »

gg everyone! It's amazing how quickly the game turned D3. At the end of D2 in the witch's castle (QT), pretty much none of us thought we had a shot at winning with the PoE and how strong some of the reads had come out against faust and EFHW that day, so to turn into a scum win in just 1 more day blows my mind.

After reading the speccy and Swowl's in game "Dylan is town because of the claim or the most baller scum," I have to give credit to faust for putting me onto the deputy claim. He had already figured out that Didds was a cop, so it was a much safer claim than it looked.

The Masons shouldn’t have been lovers. Especially with a Vig in play, that’s too easy to lose too many town too quickly.

Masons were an Inactive role. IC was an inactive role. UB is an inactive role. Mayor was an inactive role unless scum was exiled. That’s 5 of 9 town with inactive roles. There was Cop, Vig, JK & Hider.

Two non-town were bulletproof. The chances of Vig actually positively impacting town was 2/11 (not shouting himself or IC), despite 4/13 players being “not town”.

Scum wasn’t terribly overpowered. 1-Shot Strong was fine. Probably lose the Bulletproof. Rolecop is fine. Redirector/Roleblocker probably didn’t need the redirector aspect. If they find the cop or vig early that gives them too much potential power.

So in all…

Scum:
Drop Redirector, drop Bulletproof (maybe change to Godfather).

Town:
Probably make UB a Doctor, drop Lovers (or maybe keep with addition of Doctor). Possibly make Mayor into JoAT.

Survivor:
Either Exile Proof or BP, but not both.

Overall the balance wasn’t hugely skewed. I don’t really think town lost because of setup issues. Maybe a few tweaks needed, but overall it wasn’t badly designed.

I was 1-shot bulletproof, but the strongman wasn't 1-shot, at least as far as I know. Every kill was submitted as strongman anyway and I wasn't told I couldn't do it anymore.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 09, 2021, 04:58:41 pm »

The Mayor role has been used a second time here, and still hasn't been activated. I like to think that it will keep popping up in every joth game until it actually does something.

The role isn't great though, I think. It's a "win more" kind of power. If you exiled scum, things are already good for you, that's not really when you need additional effect to make you even more powerful. Overall I would say there were a couple of aspects like this in this setup, which weren't necessarily unbalanced, but very swingy - the Lovers, the Survivor, the mayor role. The scum Redirector was also in that vein.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 09, 2021, 05:42:18 pm »

did faust cop WCD night 1/2 or was dylan's claim just the most baller play ever?
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 09, 2021, 06:43:23 pm »

faust rolecopped her N1.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 09, 2021, 08:12:30 pm »

I love that pubby was a UB, Dylan claimed UB, and pubby didn't want to tell us that.
Once the swowl exile became popular it didn't make sense to. I wanted scum to target me and then reveal my role the next day.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 09, 2021, 10:21:13 pm »

I love that pubby was a UB, Dylan claimed UB, and pubby didn't want to tell us that.
Once the swowl exile became popular it didn't make sense to. I wanted scum to target me and then reveal my role the next day.

But if you absolutely knew Dylan was lying, why not claim and get a sure thing exiling him?
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 10, 2021, 12:10:38 am »

faust rolecopped her N1.

still a great claim but makes more sense.
real good. That’s how

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 10, 2021, 12:57:48 am »

But if you absolutely knew Dylan was lying, why not claim and get a sure thing exiling him?

I didn't actually claim UB, and with a hider being the role a UB would have inherited and not much of a way to verify it at that point (for town anyway, faust knew what pubby was the day of the massclaim and told the rest of us that night lol), I actually think a pubby/swowl/EFHW team would have been a fairly reasonable thing I could have made a case for, so I don't think a UB claim would have been a guaranteed "Dylan is the obvious exile here" moment. Maybe it would have, but I think I would have had enough ground to stand on that I could have made it a fun fight for him lol.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1240 on: September 11, 2021, 01:59:32 pm »

(his favorite animals are spiders!)

Spiders are not necessarily my favorite animal, for what it's worth. I like spiders, but some of the other animals that I like, such as bears, orcas, capybaras or ringed seals, aren't very practical to have as pets. That being said, nowadays I think I like parrots more than tarantulas, so if I were to have a pet, it would probably be a parrot instead.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1241 on: September 11, 2021, 02:11:46 pm »

On another note (perhaps a B flat): Thanks for the game! It was a shame to get killed so early. I don't think the setup was horribly unbalanced, but how it played out, town didn't get much use out of the powers we had, and scum played well. I think if the masons weren't lovers, it would make the setup a lot more balanced and less swingy.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 11, 2021, 04:19:37 pm »

(his favorite animals are spiders!)

Spiders are not necessarily my favorite animal, for what it's worth. I like spiders, but some of the other animals that I like, such as bears, orcas, capybaras or ringed seals, aren't very practical to have as pets. That being said, nowadays I think I like parrots more than tarantulas, so if I were to have a pet, it would probably be a parrot instead.

A parrot! That is a fine pet although I think I’ll keep thinking when I see a tarantula “oh, hey, furry… Awaclus would let you live at his place!” I’d forgotten the question was let specific though, so I appreciate the wild animal additions. Donkeys are my favorite barnyard animal, but I don’t have a barn. Big cats are the animals that fascinate me most, but they are obviously not pets.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 12, 2021, 08:48:53 pm »

Well does someone want to post the scum QT? can't find it anywhere
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 12, 2021, 10:38:57 pm »

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.