Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45  All

Author Topic: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - GAME OVER PERFECT SCUM WIN  (Read 108300 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - DAY FOUR
« Reply #1000 on: April 29, 2021, 02:22:44 pm »

Swowl, I thought you had to give back the sword if you used it? How is it that you kept it?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 29, 2021, 02:24:35 pm »

Also, why did you target fang?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 29, 2021, 02:25:20 pm »

Swowl chuckles at the flips, thinking about how funny it would be if there were actually no skum.
Swowl points out that that would be kind of unlikely as we have had pretty consistent presence of a kill that is not the axe-sword.

Swowl rubs his tiny stupid dwarf head, and says skum to chum is Pasta/WCD->Galz->Math.

Swowl pulls out the axe-sword and shows it to the town, explaining he does still have it.

Swowl thinks that mass claim may be beneficial at this point? Though do to it being a BM... he is doubtful on how much. Swowl would like to know what others think of that.

A mass claim might be our only shot to figure things out.  But like you said, being BM, we really have no idea how much to trust anything.  How would you propose we mass claim, for maximum usefulness?

Is it possible Joth is just randomly killing someone every night (if we're all town), in addition to the sword-kill?  That wouldn't be specifically "unbalanced", though would be annoying to find out for the first person or two who got killed this way!

PPE: 2
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 29, 2021, 02:30:47 pm »

If this were true though, then how does the game end? Are we all just survivors then? (and if so, some dying through randomness doesn't seen right, even for bastard)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 29, 2021, 02:33:49 pm »

If this were true though, then how does the game end? Are we all just survivors then? (and if so, some dying through randomness doesn't seen right, even for bastard)

Scola, have you played a lot of Bastard games? Often dead people play, come in and randomly use PR's they don't have, Mods turning people into Tree Stumps if they feel like it, and other completely off the walls stuff. Like, they are *usually* complete nonsense with no sense of a real game. This game has been.... mostly an RMM so far, and very non-bastard.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 29, 2021, 02:35:20 pm »

Scum teams pretty much have one of three possibilities from my perspective:

{Math, Didds, Scola}, {Swowl, Didds}, {Swowl, Math}

Swowl cannot be part of a 3 person team AND have the Sword still. If there IS a 3 person team, the only reason we’re still playing is because Swowl has the Sword and control of a town NK.

My vote preference is Didds, far greater than anybody else, then maaaybe Swowl second. I could also be convinced to go Math if Scola was dead set on it as he’s my best guess (beyond Swowl) to be town & I think that is Scola is scum, so is Math anyway, so I think it would be a gambit on their end.

Agreed that if 3 scum, Swowl can't be scum, mathematically, for the game to still be happening.  If there is a chance of 3 scum still, it's obviously {pasta, Didds, Galz} but I think giving them the doctor too (from a setup perspective) feels too overpowering unless Didds has been lying to us the whole time.

If 2 scum, here are my possible thoughts, from most likely to least:
{Galz, Swowl} - the double-kill seems BM-ish
{Swowl, pasta} - only because of the fortress protecting Bright
{Galz, Didds} - but the fortress confuses me
{Galz, pasta} - if so, they've been successfully letting us destroy ourselves
{Didds, pasta} - similar argument to above
{Swowl, Didds} - if so, I'm very unhappy to have been stuck in a QT with both of them, and they've duped me successfully

Also, why did you target fang?

Did Swowl say he targeted fang?  Or do you know you killed Awaclus?
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 29, 2021, 02:43:08 pm »

Scola, have you played a lot of Bastard games? Often dead people play, come in and randomly use PR's they don't have, Mods turning people into Tree Stumps if they feel like it, and other completely off the walls stuff. Like, they are *usually* complete nonsense with no sense of a real game. This game has been.... mostly an RMM so far, and very non-bastard.

Good point. I think the only BM game I played was the "you had to use a word from your list" one, and that was vert standard outside that. So sure, there's a lot that could happen and be crazy - part of why I joined this one. joth did promise in the early thread that this would be goody and anything goes.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 29, 2021, 02:44:52 pm »

Did Swowl say he targeted fang?  Or do you know you killed Awaclus?

the flavor text was he was stabbed, whereas Awaclus was just killed.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 29, 2021, 03:08:30 pm »

Fair enough.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 29, 2021, 03:27:06 pm »

Didds, you will probably want to read my posts. I know you said you haven't yet. But in them, I think there's pretty clear evidence that you or Galz or both are scum. So for you to say you don't think Galz is scum is either a scum move or a blind town statement. I'm inclined to believe the first, which still doesn't clear Galz.

Also, if only 2 scum, I think a compulsive vig item fully makes sense, from a balance perspective. I would have expected 3 scum with our numbers.

Either that, or koth is really messing with us

I will...I’m in meetings all day today so I’ve got quick interludes off availability.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 29, 2021, 03:35:17 pm »

Swowl refers Pasta to a previous post from earlier days (many of them) that state he can either give the sword back to the owner or keep it... but if he keeps it, it will have to kill again the next night.

Swowl points out that the first night, there may of been an argument for giving the sword back. His concern at first was he knows he is a good dwarf... and while he believes Galz is a good dwarf... there could be shenanigans afoot. Swowl kind of wishes at this point, that he had just given the fucking thing back after the first night. After that, when we got a green flip from Bright, Swowl figured he had to keep it.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 29, 2021, 04:14:24 pm »

Didds, would you vote (first) for Galz if we think that's the way to go?

Galz, would you vote Swowl if we decide the vote is between the two of you?

Swowl, would you rather we vote Galz or Didds first? And do you think one or both of them are scum?

I'd still like to see answers to all these questions.
he/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 29, 2021, 04:16:51 pm »

Swowl, would you rather we vote Galz or Didds first? And do you think one or both of them are scum?

Scum teams pretty much have one of three possibilities from my perspective:

{Math, Didds, Scola}, {Swowl, Didds}, {Swowl, Math}

Swowl cannot be part of a 3 person team AND have the Sword still. If there IS a 3 person team, the only reason we’re still playing is because Swowl has the Sword and control of a town NK.

My vote preference is Didds, far greater than anybody else, then maaaybe Swowl second. I could also be convinced to go Math if Scola was dead set on it as he’s [Scola] my best guess (beyond Swowl) to be town & I think that ifScola is scum, so is Math anyway, so I think it would be a gambit on their end.

Holy typos and unclear subject matter Batman! I've got to stop posting from my phone!

EBOWP

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 29, 2021, 04:22:48 pm »

Sorry Galz, you're right. You did answer. And you seem very hesitant to vote for your supposed partner, Swowl.

Did I miss any answers from Didds or Swowl?
he/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 29, 2021, 04:27:04 pm »

Sorry Galz, you're right. You did answer. And you seem very hesitant to vote for your supposed partner, Swowl.

Did I miss any answers from Didds or Swowl?

Generally, yes, because there’s more reasons to believe he’s the reason we’re still playing than not.

Your putting a scum bias on your accusations does nothing to remove that reality.

Mafia Record:

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 29, 2021, 04:38:36 pm »

So and sorry if I'm asking or repeatings things people have said, I have a lot going on and my brain is scattered,

so are we saying that if Swowl is scum, he can just kill with the sword every night and keep it AND also have the scum kill?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 29, 2021, 05:16:16 pm »

I am nowhere near ready to vote and I don’t like feeling rushed. It feels like you are pushing for a quickile knowing that Galz and I are hated, and I’m not willing to be part of that.

I think Galz is town because the fortress protection held with Bright. Galz has yet to articulate a coherent reason why that doesn’t hold for me I. His estimation. But it is hard for me to overlook.

I feel more confident about town Scola than I did last night, largely because of the fang flip and our exchanges in the fortress. However, If I trust him, that means you or Swowl are scum and I haven’t actively considered that because it hurts my heart. But my feelings about him are based on interpersonal affinity, so I need to keep thinking.

I’m also still waiting to hear what people’s powers are. Swowl and I are at a disadvantage. Everyone now knows my doc shot has the chance of rolling quack. Everyone knows that Swowl has the axesword and has to kill tonight. What about the rest of you??

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 29, 2021, 05:21:24 pm »

I am nowhere near ready to vote and I don’t like feeling rushed. It feels like you are pushing for a quickile knowing that Galz and I are hated, and I’m not willing to be part of that.

I think Galz is town because the fortress protection held with Bright. Galz has yet to articulate a coherent reason why that doesn’t hold for me in his (Galz)estimation. But it is hard for me to overlook.

I feel more confident about town Scola than I did last night, largely because of the fang flip and our exchanges in the fortress. However, If I trust him, that means you or Swowl are scum and I haven’t actively considered that because it hurts my heart. But my feelings about him (Scola) are based on interpersonal affinity, so I need to keep thinking.

I’m also still waiting to hear what people’s powers are. Swowl and I are at a disadvantage. Everyone now knows my doc shot has the chance of rolling quack. Everyone knows that Swowl has the axesword and has to kill tonight. What about the rest of you??

EBWOP unclear referents

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 29, 2021, 05:28:19 pm »

I'd be ready to claim at least my flavor*. As far as I know we know,
WCD is Doc.
swowl is Dopey (hence the not speaking).
mathdude is some other 7d.
And Galz is that sword forging Norse dwarf.

* and learn which dwarf mathdude is

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 29, 2021, 05:53:21 pm »

WCD is Doc.

If you will state your best guess as to which of the remaining 5 dwarves I am, I will either confirm or correct your guess.

And then you claim your flavour-name after. But I don't mind having mine revealed first. After all, Swowl and Didds should already know.
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 29, 2021, 06:03:47 pm »

WCD is Doc.

If you will state your best guess as to which of the remaining 5 dwarves I am, I will either confirm or correct your guess.

And then you claim your flavour-name after. But I don't mind having mine revealed first. After all, Swowl and Didds should already know.

Have you breadcrumbed it?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 29, 2021, 06:54:00 pm »

You've got 5 to choose from. I'm just wondering what your suspicions are, if any. I've been active enough in this game, maybe there is some indication. But I have almost no read on you.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 29, 2021, 07:22:57 pm »

Swowl points out he has already answered Math's question.
real good. That’s how

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 29, 2021, 07:50:43 pm »

Swowl points out he has already answered Math's question.

This is the closest I see to an answer... unless you are talking about in QT:

... and while he believes Galz is a good dwarf... there could be shenanigans afoot. Swowl kind of wishes at this point, that he had just given the fucking thing back after the first night. After that, when we got a green flip from Bright, Swowl figured he had to keep it.

And I can't tell if the "believes Galz is a good dwarf" or the "could be shenanigans afoot" is the actual answer.

Also, while I agree we don't just want to quickhammer right away, I also don't think we should need to take the full 5 days to figure this out. Probably 1-2 now days should be sufficient. If anyone hasn't decided who they are wanting to vote for by then it's likely just scum waiting for the right opportunity to lock into something favourable for them.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 29, 2021, 08:25:10 pm »

Swowl rubs his tiny stupid dwarf head, and says skum to chum is Pasta/WCD->Galz->Math.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.