Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45  All

Author Topic: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - GAME OVER PERFECT SCUM WIN  (Read 108248 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - DAY THREE
« Reply #925 on: April 26, 2021, 09:13:06 am »

Bright, is the mention of fortress attacked in your QT indicative of fortress protection or its it possible you could have been saved by doctor? If it's possible it's a doctor, I'll vote Didds.
I assume you mean the Fortress QT, as that's the only place mentioning an attack. And that message from joth definitely says, paraphrasing, that the Fortress itself was the thing that resisted the attack.

Alright, I'll vote Didds. Reasons: 1) Oddness of what wasn't said day 1, which I've explained (maybe poorly) on day 1, go read my posts from then. 2) Two protection roles in a somewhat small game, and essentially with a townie vigilante. Points to mafia doctor. 3) Pubby, who ended up being town, being suspicious of Didds. Might as well use his insight now, even if it's a little late.

Vote: WestCoastDidds

That should be 4 votes on Didds if fang's vote count is correct. ie. it's one more to exile.

If the fortress protected, now "confirmed" by Bright, then Didds didn't need to doctor Bright. If all indications from Didds and Bright so far say that no scum were in the fortress, we either believe them (and then vote "no exile"), or we call them liars and vote out one of Didds or Bright. Go check my long post for reasoning.

If we are calling them liars and exiling from within the fortress, I'd rather vote Bright, even though I believe Didds is at E--1. If we are wrong, and the fortress is all town, I'd rather have Didds alive as a doctor tonight. If we are right, and the fortress is scum, it shouldn't matter which of the 3 we exile (and I suspect it is, since that empty 4th slot still hasn't been filled, which tells me they are using it for day chat and it was a strategic ploy to get pubby out and Bright's scum-buddies in).

@Bright, some answers please, what's going on?

You're bussing, with terrible logic so that everyone else on the wagon hops off, is that it?

And this, exactly, was what I was thinking too.

Vote: Bright
he/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #926 on: April 26, 2021, 09:24:37 am »

Vote: Bright

If everything Bright has told us so far is true, Didds has to be town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #927 on: April 26, 2021, 09:26:12 am »

Which is not to say that Didds has to be town. It's just that if Didds is scum, Bright is necessarily scum too, whereas Bright could at least technically be scum without Didds.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #928 on: April 26, 2021, 09:27:42 am »

I'm willing to go back to Didds if we can't get a Bright exile through, but as far as I can tell, it just seems strictly better to exile Bright today.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 26, 2021, 09:30:50 am »

I'm willing to go back to Didds if we can't get a Bright exile through, but as far as I can tell, it just seems strictly better to exile Bright today.
I'm thinking and might go either way on this.

Bright needs to explain what he thinks happened with fortress protection last night.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 26, 2021, 09:34:09 am »

Didds, is your information about the principles of how fortress protection works coming from Bright or from Joth, primarily?

Joth provided the initial info and then the back chat from Bright.  Here is what I am drawing from:

The invite from Joth says it may offer protection if I trust the builder. The flavor text each day says that inviting bad dwarves may cut against the effectiveness of the its protections. 

In the fortress, Bright said is that the bad guys seems to be held back by the fortress and hanging out in the fortress is good for those in it . He guessed that perhaps it protected from night kills or something along those lines and then added that having scum in the fortress nullified its protection.  This is drawn from two posts from his conversation with pubby about the fortress.  That is all he has said.

PPE some
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 26, 2021, 09:34:38 am »

Didds, is your information about the principles of how fortress protection works coming from Bright or from Joth, primarily?
And this of course.

And a long wait here just makes it more likely that Didds and Bright (and Galzria?) are having a big conflab in the fortress trying to come up with a coherent narrative.

Galzria been active in the fortress today? I didn't get an answer when I asked before.

PPe 1 oh, you answered, thanks.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 26, 2021, 09:39:00 am »

nah, vote: Didds

I'm going to trust my day 1 reads more than what Didds and Bright are now claiming the flavour text might imply.
Bright, Didds or Galzria could easily have brought up this flavour text thing earlier in the day. And it was clearly no obstacle to Galzria voting for Didds at the start of the day.

Dude, no way. I have been completely consistent about what the fortress stuff is all about all day.  Saying its a wash because it should have happened sooner isn't fair. I am not the one who twisted it all around to get to a place where I am scum. That was Awaclus. And I am not the one who ever wavered or changed stories. That was Bright.

You can vote for me because you are scum and want to get off an easy exile, or because you are jealous you didn't get to frolick among the trees, but not because of anything fortress related.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 26, 2021, 09:45:01 am »

And this of course.

And a long wait here just makes it more likely that Didds and Bright (and Galzria?) are having a big conflab in the fortress trying to come up with a coherent narrative.

Galzria been active in the fortress today? I didn't get an answer when I asked before.

PPe 1 oh, you answered, thanks.

The fortress is completely dead.  (As is the 7 dwarves qt, mostly). There are less than ten posts from D3, and the last post wasn't written by me was on Thursday evening...the last one written by me was Friday morning. There is no scheming of discussion or even any funny jokes or owl memes.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #934 on: April 26, 2021, 09:47:30 am »

I am not the one who twisted it all around to get to a place where I am scum. That was Awaclus. And I am not the one who ever wavered or changed stories. That was Bright.

I never twisted anything around to get to a place where you are scum. I started from a place where you were scum, and looked at the story that was presented to figure out whether that assumption was consistent with the story, which it was. Now Bright changed the story so it's no longer consistent.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 26, 2021, 09:51:00 am »

I am not the one who twisted it all around to get to a place where I am scum. That was Awaclus. And I am not the one who ever wavered or changed stories. That was Bright.

I never twisted anything around to get to a place where you are scum. I started from a place where you were scum, and looked at the story that was presented to figure out whether that assumption was consistent with the story, which it was. Now Bright changed the story so it's no longer consistent.

Okay. I apologize if that was a mischaracterization. I am and have been frustrated because I can't get my head around the twists that narrative requires.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 26, 2021, 10:27:19 am »

OK, there's an easy way to prove that the fortress is not all scum and using it for day chat.  Just invite someone in RIGHT NOW.

Done.

I'd suggest me, because I know I'm town, but I trust whoever of you do it (Didds or Bright, since you're both active right now) to pick your townies read. BUT I also suggest you pick someone who is active, too. So they can immediately confirm this.

If there's no invite and the two of you keep posting, then you've got to be scum. (or go aheah and try to offer a plausible explanation why not)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 26, 2021, 10:30:00 am »

I would really prefer that we not exile me. I think fang is a better choice, but I will

vote: Bright

I will invite you, scola.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 26, 2021, 10:31:15 am »

I sent the invite to Joth. I am off to teach now...

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 26, 2021, 10:38:18 am »

I sent the invite to Joth. I am off to teach now...

OK. I'll report back if / when I get it / join. There's clearly a timing thing. And this won't full prove non scum but at least that it will show that they aren't afraid to invite town.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 26, 2021, 11:35:22 am »

I just received the invite for the fortress. I haven't accepted yet.

Before I do, I'd be curious to see what others think. Here is a concern I have. - that there is already scum in the fortress but they have not used the day chat. (I think getting the invitation was useful)

But if I join, and someone dies tonight, then they will try to blame me as the scum.

So what happens if I don't accept? Can you send a different invite? How long is the invite valid for?

Should I join? (again, the main thing I wanted to try to prove is to see if they were all scum and using daychat. I think the invite is likely enough proof that that is not true)

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 26, 2021, 12:26:10 pm »

Good move scola, and also good move not just accepting right away; you're right, just getting the invite is a big step already.

This is interesting, because earlier Didds was quite sure about there being no scum in Snow White or Fortress neighbourhoods, and said you (and I) were real unknowns.

Now she's not batted an eyelid at inviting you (possible scum) into the fortress.

I would certainly be hesitant about accepting the invitation, for reasons I don't want to give right now.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 26, 2021, 12:33:58 pm »

Right, I'm suprised she instantly chose me (and not someone else - swowl, for example).

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 26, 2021, 01:27:31 pm »

Swowl was definitely my top town read, but I don't have time today to dither. Too busy with life classes. But here is what I am thinking....

If we exile Brighty, the fortress will die anyway (I think). If scola is scum, the fortess will lose its protection but the whole idea of protection was already mostly irrelevant because the people in the fortress are now widely known, as its protective ability. Scum can easily target one of the people who aren't in it.  So, I didn't realize see what I had to lose by sharing access and I see that I can gain a trusted reporter on the abilities of the fortress.  Really, Galz should be doing this since he already has access, but he is notably absent so, whatevs.

You asked to be invited, so I invited you. I didn't choose so much as honor your wishes. 

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 26, 2021, 01:30:28 pm »

vote: Bright X-1

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 26, 2021, 01:31:02 pm »

Good move scola, and also good move not just accepting right away; you're right, just getting the invite is a big step already.

This is interesting, because earlier Didds was quite sure about there being no scum in Snow White or Fortress neighbourhoods, and said you (and I) were real unknowns.

Now she's not batted an eyelid at inviting you (possible scum) into the fortress.

I would certainly be hesitant about accepting the invitation, for reasons I don't want to give right now.

You and scola being unknowns is still true.  I didn't invite him because I thought he was town.  I invited him because he wanted to be invited and he can verify what I have said about what happened last night. Even if he is scum, if he lies about that, Galz and Brighty can call him out.  If I am wrong about Glaz and Bright, and just invited the third scum to the lair, then my goose was probably already cooked.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 26, 2021, 01:32:34 pm »

Swowl was definitely my top town read, but I don't have time today to dither. Too busy with life classes. But here is what I am thinking....

If we exile Brighty, the fortress will die anyway (I think). If scola is scum, the fortess will lose its protection but the whole idea of protection was already mostly irrelevant because the people in the fortress are now widely known, as its protective ability. Scum can easily target one of the people who aren't in it.  So, I didn't realize see what I had to lose by sharing access and I see that I can gain a trusted reporter on the abilities of the fortress.  Really, Galz should be doing this since he already has access, but he is notably absent so, whatevs.

You asked to be invited, so I invited you. I didn't choose so much as honor your wishes.

I guess part of why I struggle with this fortress protection is the "town core" idea. Let's say everyone in there is town and you add me, I am town and we all trust each other. That's 4 unattackable town right (outside of 3rd party, but imagine Galz was the D1 exile).

If that's true, I join, then scum has no chance of winning, even with 7 still alive. That seems too bastardy. So just the idea of this protection defined as is seems less believable.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 26, 2021, 01:44:06 pm »

Post #771, it's quite long, but there are a couple of places in it where you seem to be seriously considering that your protection might have come from elsewhere.
Uh, no?
Quote the bits that make you think that. I'll wait.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 26, 2021, 01:51:42 pm »

Anyway, I won't fight this exile too hard. The Fortress continues existing after I die, so Gal or whoever can keep it going.
And I "meant" to die last night anyway.

Infact, let's just do this:
Vote: Brightgalrs

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 26, 2021, 01:53:08 pm »

I guess part of why I struggle with this fortress protection is the "town core" idea. Let's say everyone in there is town and you add me, I am town and we all trust each other. That's 4 unattackable town right (outside of 3rd party, but imagine Galz was the D1 exile).

If that's true, I join, then scum has no chance of winning, even with 7 still alive. That seems too bastardy. So just the idea of this protection defined as is seems less believable.

I am not confident that you are town, but perhaps more important is that after the hit last night, the fortress is now shaky so I don't think it forever protection. My best guess is that after another hit, it collapses. 
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.