Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45  All

Author Topic: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - GAME OVER PERFECT SCUM WIN  (Read 108443 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - DAY THREE
« Reply #900 on: April 25, 2021, 05:04:49 pm »

Sure, but it's gotta be Monday, unless it's super bastard.

The original rules post says Days are 5 days IRL. Today started Apr 21, so that would be Apr 26, which is what joth said in his correction.

I'd also like to think that if he doesn't respond to my query / is not super active right now, it's because for him, right now is not EOD.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 25, 2021, 05:05:19 pm »

No wait, if deadline is today, we just passed it with no exile. Oh well, hopefully it's not today.

If it were today, there'd still be almost another hour.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #902 on: April 25, 2021, 05:07:28 pm »

No wait, if deadline is today, we just passed it with no exile. Oh well, hopefully it's not today.

If it were today, there'd still be almost another hour.

Oh right because the Sunday deadline was an hour later.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 25, 2021, 05:16:37 pm »

My philosophy on this whole game has been that Joth is being reasonable all the time and the PINL proviso is just there because in BM maybe some things will happen / have happened which would look like mod mistakes, and he doesn't want to be forced to tell us which is which in the event that he does make a mistake somewhere.

TL;DR I trust him on the revised deadline of Monday.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 25, 2021, 05:20:23 pm »

Having said that, I can't resist:

Prod request: Joth

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 25, 2021, 05:22:08 pm »

Swowl tells everyone Joth said the DL was Monday, not Sunday.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 25, 2021, 05:23:26 pm »

So we either have 3 non-scum in the fortress, or we have 3 scum in there (and the "protection" from fortress is Didds knowing who to doctor since Swowl would likely tell in Snow White QT who he's targeting with sword scum-Galz gave him). I'm trying to come up with a way to figure out which.

The possibility you're missing here is that Didds could be scum without Bright/Galz, if Didds protected Bright.

You are right. I've missed this. I'm assuming the protection of fortress is indicative of such but this is partly based on Didds' releasing of info in QT, so this doesn't work.

Bright, is the mention of fortress attacked in your QT indicative of fortress protection or its it possible you could have been saved by doctor? If it's possible it's a doctor, I'll vote Didds.

Re: an earlier comment (I forget who said it)that it could be me, Swowl, and Didds...
Originally, I assumed this meant Bright would have died. But Didds doctoring could change that. But even so it's not the 3 of us. I guess it could be the two of them.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 25, 2021, 09:55:40 pm »

Hi y’all. Thank you for waiting. The trees said hi.

Joth said that deadline was Monday, not today...that was after the first post when someone corrected his math. I wouldn’t have asked otherwise.

I haven’t had time to reread carefully, but I feel like we are going around and around about the fortress. Please don’t exile me because Bright has either misunderstood what the fortress does, or has explained it differently here than he did in the thread. I’m not sure why I’m taking the fall for his misexplanation or lack of information. That fact that he has completely disappeared and left me having to explain him would make him for sure scum to be EXCEPT for the fact that the fortress protected him and for that to be true, no scum are in it (at least according to MY understanding of the fortress).

Swowl, do you have to use the sword tonight? I think he does since he kept it.

If so, we could no exile tonight and Swowl could target me tonight. If I’m alive, the protection held and we can get on with finding scum. Would that work? My other idea had been to invite Awa to the fortress and he could see the explanation for himself. But if he’s scum, then the protection goes away. I could invite our towniest town (Swowl?) Would that work? Other ideas that could solve this short of me getting exiled because of bright’s confusion?

My fear is the we exile town today, that leaves at 7. Scum kills tonight, and the axesword kills tonight, that leaves 5. Unless we get scum on one of those, we either lose (3 scum) or are at mylo/lylo whatever the right -lo is tomorrow.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 25, 2021, 09:57:31 pm »

I just realized I forgot to tell you when the day ends. It ends in four IRL days, which is I guess Sunday at 5. You will get a vote count later this evening. Probably.

4 IRL days from start of day?  Or 4 IRL days from now?  If from now, then that's Monday at 5, not Sunday.

You're right. Monday at 5.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 25, 2021, 10:26:12 pm »

deadline is tomorrow.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 25, 2021, 10:42:13 pm »

sorry for being absentee mod this weekend. Vote count and meme tomorrow.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 25, 2021, 11:12:46 pm »

Swowl does not think WCD has thought that through all the way.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 26, 2021, 12:03:39 am »

Swowl does not think WCD has thought that through all the way.

mathdude agrees with Swowl, noting that maybe Didds just didn't read through everything to notice the flaw in logic.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 26, 2021, 07:34:28 am »

Swowl, math... you’re right that I have not thought things all the way through. I just don’t know how to demonstrate that I’m telling the truth other than to keep telling the truth. Knowing me, the flaws in my logic are gaping and obvious. But there has to be some way to demonstrate that the fortress protects if there are no scum in it short of exiling me.

I literally have no idea why everyone thinks it is more likely that I am lying about everything, in multiple qts and the thread, and, we’d believe Brights interpretation of how the fortress protection works even though it doesn’t make any sense for it to work the way he says, he’s has never explained it that way to the people in it, and it doesn’t resonate with the messages in the fortress...and if he is protected from the sword axe because it came from scum Swowl or scum Galz, why that makes me scum? I just don’t follow. I have very little confidence in my doctoring abilities, so a plan where Swowl tells the qt that he’s targeting bright and then I have to doctor him is terrible.

Going into last night, I understood the fortress to offer protection to those inside if there were no scum in it. This is based on what bright had said to pubby in the qt and this is what I relayed to you all. Further, the invite to the fortress and the flavor text of the qt says that if offers protection as long as I/we trust the builder. Bright has been hazy about the mechanics of the fortress protections, but at no point in the qt has bright said or hinted at that we were protected from attacks as long as the attack came from scum. It took me a while into today to go reread it all, but I am certain now that he did not say that. Finally, this morning the flavor text of the qt said that the fortress was attacked last night but had survived. The status of the fortress so now a bit on the wobbled side instead of the sturdiness it had been described with on the start of days one and two. That was completely in line with what I think happened. No scum in fortress. Brighty was hit with the axe. The fortress protected him.

I thought axing bright was a good idea because if there were no scum in the fortress, he’d be safe. If he was scum (which I thought) then he wouldn’t be safe, but it would be a useful shot. I never considered doctoring him because I’m not sure my doctoring works very well. (Oh wait...if I am scum, wouldn’t my doctoring have failed since he now says that the fortress means protected from scum even though that if I am scum the fortress wouldn’t provide protection. More things that don’t work!)

I doctored Awaclus.

Faust is the person who was killed. Why are we exerting no effort to find his killer? Awaclus has distracted us for the entire day with all things WCD.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 26, 2021, 07:45:55 am »

Bright, is the mention of fortress attacked in your QT indicative of fortress protection or its it possible you could have been saved by doctor? If it's possible it's a doctor, I'll vote Didds.
I assume you mean the Fortress QT, as that's the only place mentioning an attack. And that message from joth definitely says, paraphrasing, that the Fortress itself was the thing that resisted the attack.

Alright, I'll vote Didds. Reasons: 1) Oddness of what wasn't said day 1, which I've explained (maybe poorly) on day 1, go read my posts from then. 2) Two protection roles in a somewhat small game, and essentially with a townie vigilante. Points to mafia doctor. 3) Pubby, who ended up being town, being suspicious of Didds. Might as well use his insight now, even if it's a little late.

Vote: WestCoastDidds

That should be 4 votes on Didds if fang's vote count is correct. ie. it's one more to exile.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 26, 2021, 07:49:21 am »

I'm gonna bring this up because even I completely forgot about it until now, but remember on Day 1 when EFHW had that weird extra vote. What was that all about? Couldn't have been Awaclus's hate thing.

Also there was that norse thing from the beginning of, I think, yesterday. Is that related to Galzria's role? norse mythology, and all that.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 26, 2021, 08:07:38 am »

And that message from joth definitely says, paraphrasing, that the Fortress itself was the thing that resisted the attack.
Wait, that's rather different from what you said earlier.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 26, 2021, 08:14:57 am »

Post #771, it's quite long, but there are a couple of places in it where you seem to be seriously considering that your protection might have come from elsewhere.

If you and Didds are both agreeing now that Joth's message tells you it was the fortress which provided the protection, then that gives considerable pause for thought.

Galzria, are you able to confirm this?

In the meantime unvote.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 26, 2021, 08:21:10 am »

Didds, is your information about the principles of how fortress protection works coming from Bright or from Joth, primarily?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 26, 2021, 08:44:16 am »

Vote Count 3.2

WestCoastDidds (3): Galzria, Awaclus, Brightgalrs
infangthief (2): Swowl, WestCoastDidds

Not voting: scolapasta, mathdude, infangthief
Not playing: MiX, jotheonah, Ozle, Diddzria
Playing, but dead, PINL: Jimmmmm

Galzria is hated. It takes one less vote to exile him.

Galzria has been prodded.

Whether or not I've prodded myself is no one's business but my own.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to exile. Day 3 ends Monday at 5 pm forum time.

He/him

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 26, 2021, 08:49:04 am »

Bright is being completely inconsistent here.

"Joth tells us that it was the fortress that resisted the attack"
"vote: didds"

Bright is a Bad Dwarf.

But Didds probably is too. vote: Didds again.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 26, 2021, 08:50:42 am »

Actually vote: Bright

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 26, 2021, 08:56:06 am »

nah, vote: Didds

I'm going to trust my day 1 reads more than what Didds and Bright are now claiming the flavour text might imply.
Bright, Didds or Galzria could easily have brought up this flavour text thing earlier in the day. And it was clearly no obstacle to Galzria voting for Didds at the start of the day.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 26, 2021, 08:59:41 am »

X-1, just in case I've caused anyone epilepsy with my voting there.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 26, 2021, 09:11:20 am »

@Bright, some answers please, what's going on?

You're bussing, with terrible logic so that everyone else on the wagon hops off, is that it?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 20 queries.