Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45  All

Author Topic: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - GAME OVER PERFECT SCUM WIN  (Read 107660 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - NIGHT TWO
« Reply #750 on: April 21, 2021, 05:48:18 pm »

Good morning Dwarves! As the diminutive residents of Dwarfburg or whatever roll out of their caves, they notice that the sun is not shining today!

I don't think I mentioned that Dwarfburg is on a Dwarf planet that orbits Barnard's Star, a Dwarf Star. It appears to have gone supernova. You suspect foul play.

faust has died. He was Barnard's Star. He was a GOOD DWARF (STAR).

Well there's nothing to do but try to find the killer. Maybe look for someone with access to a rocket and unimaginably powerful explosives. ​

With 8 alive it takes 5 to exile.

Galzria is now hated. He takes one less vote to exile.

infangthief seems to have drifted back down to the ground. He takes a normal number of votes to exile.

THREAD UNLOCKED

Day 3 begins now and ends at 6 pm forum time Sunday.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:18:50 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - DAY THREE
« Reply #751 on: April 21, 2021, 06:17:42 pm »

So, I have a QT with Galzria. It seems increasingly likely that 1) pubby's hated was indeed caused by me and 2) causing hated is just what my ability does in addition to opening the QT. I'm almost certain 1 is the case and I wouldn't count on 2 being the case because this is BM and all, but it seems pretty reasonable to assume 2 as well.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 21, 2021, 06:31:41 pm »

Swowl sighs thinking how he needs a minute to parse some information
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #753 on: April 21, 2021, 06:41:29 pm »

Swowl sighs thinking how he needs a minute to parse some information

You've had enough time to parse it 10 times by now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 21, 2021, 06:52:50 pm »

Swowl, did you kill faust last night?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 21, 2021, 07:14:35 pm »

Swowl yells that he did NOT kill faust last night.
Swowl turns back to add that he did attempt to kill someone that was not faust last night... but only because he had to.
Swowl holds up the SWORD he got, and points out, it is in fact 100% a SWORD and not let's say.. an AXE. Swowl shakes his head because that caused a lot of, what he is now assuming to be, confusion.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 21, 2021, 07:35:12 pm »

Swowl leaves for work.
He considers just full claiming all the information he has when he returns... hoping it will shed some light of hope on some shit.
He requests anyone that had an issue with that to speak up.
real good. That’s how

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 21, 2021, 08:19:51 pm »

I can confirm that (at least based on what he said in QT), Swowl did not target faust last night.
he/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #758 on: April 21, 2021, 09:10:29 pm »

I can confirm that (at least based on what he said in QT), Swowl did not target faust last night.

That's not much of a confirmation if it's just based on what he's claiming. If his story is consistent between the game thread and QTs, that's a bit better than nothing I guess, but not substantially so.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #759 on: April 21, 2021, 09:35:17 pm »

Also we're probably at what would normally be melo, but because we might have a 3rd party in the game and a vig and my ability, I think we should still try to correctly exile today.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 21, 2021, 11:08:56 pm »

Vote: WCD

Alright, so this is where I'm at:

I'm a modified compulsive vigilante

My flavor name is Dvalinn, and I am (one of two) Dwarves responsible for forging Tyrfing (or Dainsleif, as it's also known).

At the start of the game, the Sword was in my possession. I had two options for it at night:

1) I can give the sword to another player. That player MUST use the Sword the following night, on a player of their choice.
2) I can keep the sword, I will use it to strike down another random player.

On Night 1, I gave the sword to Swowl, my top town!read at the time. I figured a random kill in a town that likely had more Good Dwarves than not was the optimal move, and no extra kill that night certainly seemed the better option. Giving it to a town!read that could then choose his target the following night seemed the obvious choice.

On Day 2, I claimed my PR to Bright's Fortress - However I changed the weapon to an AXE and did not reveal my flavor name. I also did not claim who I gave the Axe (Sword) to. I intentionally obfuscated the claim slightly to prevent easily googling "Sword that must kill when drawn", which in turn would lead you to my flavor name - which is clearly Norse (remember the message Swowl got at the start of D2 in Norse? That was me. Well, kinda. It was a Mod written message. No idea what it said).

The point of my claiming in there was to get my information in a public place should I die. I did NOT claim who had the Sword on the off chance that there was scum in the QT already = so they couldn't interfere with anything. Had the player I gave the Sword to (Swowl) himself been scum, then it didn't matter anyway.

I intended to claim in the Fortress who I gave the Sword last night, AFTER the Night Action Deadline (again, so the information was in a public place with multiple pairs of eyes) so that it could not be messed with in case I died - but I missed the window and posted it all just after the day opened.

That brings us to where we're at now:

Only one player died, and I know that Swowl HAD to use the Sword last night. He has claimed that he did NOT target Faust. What I CAN say is that the Fortress was attacked last night. So if he's not lying, he targeted one of {Bright, Galz, WCD}.

So why vote WCD?

Swowl yells that he did NOT kill faust last night.
Swowl turns back to add that he did attempt to kill someone that was not faust last night... but only because he had to.
Swowl holds up the SWORD he got, and points out, it is in fact 100% a SWORD and not let's say.. an AXE. Swowl shakes his head because that caused a lot of, what he is now assuming to be, confusion.

Because Swowl received the Sword. He knew it was a Sword. The person that would've thought it was an Axe was WCD (Or Bright/Pubby) - but WCD has the QT with Swowl - which means if there was confusion about it, it's because WCD was relaying the things that I said in the Fortress to her QT with Swowl. And I just don't see why town!WCD does this.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 21, 2021, 11:11:12 pm »

On Night 1, I gave the sword to Swowl, my top town!read at the time. I figured a random kill in a town that likely had more Good Dwarves than not was NOT the optimal move, and no extra kill that night certainly seemed the better option. Giving it to a town!read that could then choose his target the following night seemed the obvious choice.

EBWOP

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 21, 2021, 11:11:46 pm »

Swowl, why did you attack the Fortress, and who did you attempt to kill with the Sword?

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 22, 2021, 12:57:50 am »

Swowl flips over a whiteboard, revealing a bunch of information that was useful like 2 hours ago when he typed it up... but after galz claim.. it is just repeating a lot.
Swowl feels he will save time and consolidate....

Swowl does a confirmation dance when he hears Galzria say what their role is, including the name of the sword.

Swowl does a confirmation dance when he hears Galzria talk about the Norse stuff.
Swowl explains that the wording on returning the item to its owner made it seem like Swowl needed to figure out who that person was. Swowl points to a bullet point referencing the Norse nonsense from yesterday, explaining that is what that was about.
Swowl continues to explain that it turns out none of that matters, he could just simply choose to return it to owner without knowing who it was.

Swowl does a confirmation dance when he hears Galzria tell the tale of the Axe vs the Sword.
Swowl explains that based on a lot of information relayed to them from the fortress thread via WCD, that Swowl very much thought it was Galz that gave it to him. This made Swowl happy, as he was town reading Galz. Then Galz kept referencing an axe, not a sword, which made Swowl weary of wtf was going on. This made Swowl sad.

Swowl kicks the whiteboard into a pit of fucking fire and pulls out.... another white board with a bunch of answers to questions and shit on it.

Pointing at the board, Swowl explains that they were informed that the fortress QT should have some protection as long as there were no skum in it.
Swowl thought if Bright was mafia, then lies, etc... none of it matter.
Swowl says he also thought if Bright was 3P, then that’s better then shooting Town.
Swowl thinks everyone can put together the general game plan here in regards to isolating people in the fortress... but just in case. Swowl vocalizes his assumption was either Bright dies and then we know there is Skum in the Fortress, or Bright doesn't die, and there is not skum in the Fortress.
Swowl says he is not even 100% sure that that is how the Fortress works, so if someone can expand upon that Swowl would be happy. Swowl was rushed to choose a target or one would of been randomly assigned.

Swowl states he understands Galzria's reasoning for voting WCD, but would like to stress that she was doing the relaying of info at the request of the other players in the Thread.

Swowl points out this is hard to do without quoting and shit. Swowl requests people to ask questions if they missed something somewhere.
real good. That’s how

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 22, 2021, 02:03:45 am »

Well that's kinda funny. And here I was hoping to die last night so I wouldn't have to die of embarrassment for being wrong about pubby.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2021, 02:17:20 am »

Awake, alive, reading, thinking, off to work hoping my subconscious can work out some things without me.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 22, 2021, 03:05:14 am »

Swowl wonders if Bright would care to weigh in on how the Fotress skum/protection thing works
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 22, 2021, 07:53:05 am »

I am 100% relaying information between my QTs. All without quoting, cha cha cha. I think that Swowl is town and that Galz is town. It is in our collective best interest to get them the info they need to one another. Also, none of this is private, nor implied to be private since none of these are two-person QTs. I am also being mindful of who wants what out. In fact, in each of the qts I am asking questions along the lines of “do you want me to ask “ or do you want me to tell...”

I also told Swowl, as he suggests, that if there are no scum in the fortress, that it should protect the people in it, as Bright told the fortress. So, if bright (or me or Galz) is scum he’s vulnerable, and if no one in the fortress is scum, then he would be safe from the axesword.

Here the biggest problem with Galz’s argument... if I am scum, then the fortress shouldn’t have held, right? I’m under the impression that Brighty lives because he has only included town. So, how do you get me from being the relay between qts to being scum knowing that?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2021, 08:00:12 am »

Are there any people who can confirm that the fortress only gives protection if everyone in it is town, or do we have to take Bright's word for it?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 22, 2021, 08:41:33 am »

Hi Didds, the information about the axe-sword and the information about the fortress protection if there are no scum in it, did you relay these to Swowl during day 2 or during night 2?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 22, 2021, 09:03:40 am »

I'm going to try and summarize the information I know/assume.  Please correct any mistakes and add important things I may have missed, so I can work through where we are today.

Swowl - had a sword from Galz and had to use it, claimed he used it but not to target faust, is in Snow White QT with me and Didds.

me - in QT with Swowl and Didds, was close to exile D2 when pubby was actually exiled because most of us forgot he was hated (and we thought the vote was tied).

Didds - in QT with me and Swowl, also in fortress QT with Bright and Galz, was relaying information back and forth between the two, was close to exile D1 when Jimmmmm was actually exiled.

Bright - original member of fortress QT which has some sort of protection currently assumed to be true if only town is in the fortress, started the push for pubby D2.

Galz - in fortress QT with Didds and Bright, in (assumed temporary) QT with Awaclus and is hated for today, has stated that the fortress was attacked last night, was the hammer vote on pubby D2 (though stated he forgot pubby was hated, as did a number of others).

Awaclus - able to make QT with one person at the cost of that person becoming hated, is in QT with Galz today, was the deciding vote on Jimmmmm (to get an exile instead of stalemate D1).

fang - I've got nothing useful here.

pasta - I've got nothing useful here.

So the next question is... do we still believe there are 3 scum?  Might there be 3rd parties here that we haven't seen or heard about yet?
he/him

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 22, 2021, 09:52:31 am »

There's not much too weigh in on concerning the "Fortress". Everything Joth has been reporting in the QT (which Didds and Galz can/have explained) is basically what I was told or more.

There is something interesting about the wording of my role though, it says, paraphrasing, that the fortress only helps against the mafia. I'm probably reading too much into it, since the wording also doesn't explicitly say we have night chat, but that could point to 1) the protection not working against townie kills, which would be worrying, see below, and 2) there is no third party that can kill.

I'm inclined to believe 2), which or me clears Galz (who would be most suspicious) as being a serial killer or whatever.

Reading into 1) a little more, it means either I didn't die last night for some other reason, or that Galz is scum, ie. the kill "technically" originates from him, and that fulfills the requirements for Fortress protection from a kill. I don't know what to believe there.

Moving on, there's the "fact" that it's bad if Bad Dwarfs get into the Fortress. But see, the flavor/logic there would be the bad dwarf could let scum into the fortress, letting them kill, ie. removing the Fortress's protection. But that flavor/logic doesn't work if it's a Townie kill. So if you live and die by the flavor, you once again might consider that I survived Swowl's kill for some other reason and also still be suspicious of Galz and Didds.

Anyway, I'm travelling, I'll post again tomorrow.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 22, 2021, 09:55:07 am »

I just realized I haven't claimed my role yet. I'm Urist McMafiaPlayer. Urist is a Dwarf Fortress archetypical character, if your wondering.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #773 on: April 22, 2021, 10:01:32 am »

Awaclus - able to make QT with one person at the cost of that person becoming hated, is in QT with Galz today, was the deciding vote on Jimmmmm (to get an exile instead of stalemate D1).

If you're looking for data points about my voting behavior, you might want to consider the time I voluntarily used a hated-causing ability on pubby, thereby contributing towards his exile by one vote (while I didn't know it would do that, you only have my word for that and you can't assume I'm telling the truth) instead of the time I was forced to hammer an exile that wasn't one of my top preferred exiles because deadline was approaching, we needed to exile someone, and nobody else was doing anything about it.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 22, 2021, 10:09:20 am »

Hi Didds, the information about the axe-sword and the information about the fortress protection if there are no scum in it, did you relay these to Swowl during day 2 or during night 2?
Of course, Swowl or mathdude you could answer this also.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.