Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45  All

Author Topic: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - GAME OVER PERFECT SCUM WIN  (Read 108005 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - DAY TWO
« Reply #675 on: April 19, 2021, 01:55:46 pm »

Bright is probably third party, it's not the worst exile but we can do better.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 19, 2021, 01:58:57 pm »

I don't support the deadline extension; if >70% of town have enough time to show up to vote in favor of the extension, they have enough time to show up to vote in favor of the Bright exile.
But town should generally agree; if it then does or does not happen, that gives us valuable information.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 19, 2021, 02:00:58 pm »

I guess it's debatable how valuable the information is, but it is a nonzero amount of it, compared to what we'd get when town votes against.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 19, 2021, 02:04:49 pm »

Now we still have votes for Bright, Galz, pubby, Awaclus, me, and pasta.  We definitely need to consolidate.  Of the votes, it seems most likely that fang is stuck on Galz, Bright is stuck on pubby, and faust is stuck on me.  The others have not had as much stick-to-it-ive-ness, from what I've seen.  Does one of those 3 people have more information than you're sharing that can help the rest of us decide who to vote for?

If we are going to have a shot at voting out scum today, we definitely need to narrow down the options.  Are the 3 I've picked who we should be narrowing it down to?  Is there someone else we should keep in the list?  Anyone we should take out of the list (besides me)?

Reading that again, it sounds odd.  That last sentence is me saying "I think I should be taken out of the list", but it doesn't read that way.  I'm wondering if we add Awaclus' vote of Bright on there... he seemed to really like that vote and want others to follow, but also expressed a willingness to switch to voting for me.  So I left it off for now.

If I'm working on setting up the next misexile, then so are you - you're trying to set up a misexile of me.  What I'm doing is pointing out connections and observations, so people can see what I'm thinking and hopefully generate discussion.
This is the most OMGUS post I've seen.

When i say that someone is setting up misexiles, this is referring to them planning out who to exile on future Days.

It's semantics.  If I'm "planning on who to exile", is that not the same as saying "let's exile this person today and this person tomorrow".  It's saying I see a connection (positive or negative), and that will help us with where to look next, pending future flips, investigative results and even reads.

I'm not tracking my thoughts elsewhere (on paper or in an online document).  So I'm putting all this in-thread, so others can see my thinking, but also for my future reference, so I can look back at my own posts for a reminder of who I have found scummy, or at least who I find partly connected or opposing each other.
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 19, 2021, 02:06:20 pm »

Update: I now have dinner plans, so while here until around 4:30, won't be around for the end of the deadline.

I voted for the extension.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - DAY ONE
« Reply #680 on: April 19, 2021, 02:26:13 pm »

Vote: Didds

I’m not convinced Didds is the better Exile here - and maybe I’m bias by volume - but Didds has more things that jump out as feeling off than Jimmmmm.

Hi Galzria, what things had Didds said that felt off?

Largely it was the back and forth with Faust - or rather, the conversation about PINL in her role QT. The initial conversation came off as her not wanting to commit to an answer she was unsure was the correct one. The reaction later, then, to faust saying his role QT did not come with PINL seemed kind of fake. I pointed to this exact exchange as standing out to me D1 just prior to voting for her near the end of the day.

I also thought that she was fishing back and forth with Awaclus & faust later on regarding how much information to claim about her Dwarf QT at the time - like she was looking either for an answer that suited her, or that she was driving at creating enough differing opinions that it wouldn't be scummy to answer nothing.

I missed that post, thanks.

I note that anytime anyone says something negative against Didds, you jump in, spam a bunch of "no u" and leave. Yesterday I thought didds, you and awaclus were scum. Today, I'm if questioning if you, didds, and swowl are the bad ones. The three of you voted jimmm, after all, with swowl starting it.

I strongly disagree. I think the only time I’ve ever really defended her was when her wagon shot up to X-1 early, and I called a bad wagon out for what it was. There was no case, there were bad arguments, and I thought it highly unlikely that wagon was on scum.

I didn’t think the existence of the wagon was bad. It helped me form reads on other people - reads I posted and stood by. And even then, I was essentially the deciding vote on exiling Didds (with Jimmmmm) not on her until Swowl came in to corroborate her claim.

Whereas you... pushed either no logic cases (see post 156), or very flawed cases (see your entire, incorrect justification for the rest of the game Day), and then apparently, according to Bright, upon learning your case was flawed and bad... you continued to want to support the lie you had yesterday privately instead of coming out with it publicly.

So yeah. That’s where I’m at with you.

What relevance did Swowl corroborating Didds claim have for you? (I bolded the part of your post that I'm referring to, but including the whole thing for context.)

I was town reading Swowl at that point, even though I was voting against his preference (he was on Jimmmmm, I had gone Didds). When he claimed to be one of the people in the Dwarf QT with Didds, it was enough for me to give pause. I followed his claim up by asking him specifically how he felt regarding Didds & Jimmmmm:

Swowl sets off fireworks that confirm that Didds has a QT with Day Chat with some amount of the 7 Dwarves within it.

Unvote

Swowl - do you think that:

A) Didds is more likely to be town
B) Jimmmmm is more likely to be scum
C) Both A & B

?

Basically - are you voting Jimmmmm because you think he’s scum, or because you DON’T want Didds Exiled, or both?

It wasn't until after he answered that I decided to go Jimmmmm instead of Didds in the end:

Swowl sets off fireworks that confirm that Didds has a QT with Day Chat with some amount of the 7 Dwarves within it.

Unvote

Swowl - do you think that:

A) Didds is more likely to be town
B) Jimmmmm is more likely to be scum
C) Both A & B

?

Basically - are you voting Jimmmmm because you think he’s scum, or because you DON’T want Didds Exiled, or both?

Swowl writes a note to galz on a piece of parchment stating they think that the answer to their question is an in between.
Swowl does feel like Didds is Town, but also feels the need to put forth that they do not have a crazy SR on Jimmm, it is just a better option than didds to them by a mile at this point.

Vote: Jimmmmm

X-1

I’m town reading math & swowl. They’re both on Jimmmmm.
I’m scum reading fang and bright. They’re both on Didds.

If it’s truly a tossup, I’ll side with my town reads.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 19, 2021, 02:34:49 pm »

I have to trust that Bright is town here. His power wouldn't make sense if he was a Bad Dwarf, as he would just invite his scum-mates into the QT so that they could have day chat.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 19, 2021, 02:36:52 pm »

I have to trust that Bright is town here. His power wouldn't make sense if he was a Bad Dwarf, as he would just invite his scum-mates into the QT so that they could have day chat.
How do you know that they don't already have daychat?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 19, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »

Plus if we assume 3 scum (for a 12 player game), and I understand the fortress correctly, I'm not sure that's possible. he first invited 1, then could add 2 more, so always even number totals.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 19, 2021, 02:41:32 pm »

Bright, I know the case on Pubby. I'm weighing the whole Parade thing right now.

faust, I just disagree with your read on Math. Like, I seriously don't understand how he's gotten exiled in previous games. He reads crazy townie to me. I DO agree that I didn't like his conclusion in the whole Pubby/Bright post - but I don't think the thought process that got him there was scummy at all.

Swowl, what's the case on Awaclus?

Pubby, what's the case on Scola?

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 19, 2021, 02:42:04 pm »

How do you know that they don't already have daychat?
Why would I assume they do?

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 19, 2021, 02:51:22 pm »

Plus if we assume 3 scum (for a 12 player game), and I understand the fortress correctly, I'm not sure that's possible. he first invited 1, then could add 2 more, so always even number totals.

Did I miss where this came from? I've gone back and read twice now over the past 100 posts, which were the only ones I thought I wasn't super familiar with (weekends are just long for me out here. I read/kept up, but often it was just skimming).

Mafia Record:

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 19, 2021, 02:52:58 pm »

Did I miss where this came from? I've gone back and read twice now over the past 100 posts, which were the only ones I thought I wasn't super familiar with (weekends are just long for me out here. I read/kept up, but often it was just skimming).

Where what came from? The adding of the 2 more? I can go back to find the relevant quote.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 19, 2021, 02:55:05 pm »

As for my role, I started in a neighborhood with no one in it and a cap at 2. Then each night I can choose to expand the cap by 2 or not. I (and anyone in the neighborhood) invites people during the day. You can either accept or reject the invite. And being in the neighborhood has some benefit which hasn't exactly been figured out yet.

Here it is. but now I see that it's the cap that's even; clearly if it were all scum, they could just limit the invites.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 19, 2021, 02:56:10 pm »

Where what came from? The adding of the 2 more? I can go back to find the relevant quote.

No, I know he went from 2 to 4 - but what made you sure that was the only option? Bolding the part from you that seems weird. How do you know he couldn't have increased it by 1 again from 2 to 3? Or by 3 from 2 to 5?

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 19, 2021, 02:57:30 pm »

As for my role, I started in a neighborhood with no one in it and a cap at 2. Then each night I can choose to expand the cap by 2 or not. I (and anyone in the neighborhood) invites people during the day. You can either accept or reject the invite. And being in the neighborhood has some benefit which hasn't exactly been figured out yet.

Here it is. but now I see that it's the cap that's even; clearly if it were all scum, they could just limit the invites.

Thank you - I did miss the cap expansion part of the claim.

Mafia Record:

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 19, 2021, 03:04:23 pm »

Also, he's alive on Day 2. This has never happened, therefore, he must be scum.

This made me LOL.

SAME!!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 19, 2021, 03:05:28 pm »

Pubby, what is your opinion of brighty?
Scum Bright only exists if Didds/Galzria/Awaclus contain his partners. Otherwise he would have jumped on my voting bloc idea and used me to vote town off.
Did I miss something? What was your voting bloc idea?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 19, 2021, 03:09:38 pm »

Prodding Jimmmmm was silly. I actually forgot he was dead lol. I forgive him for posting in the thread because it was definitely my fault. I went on mod autopilot. PINL.

mod autopilot: on
exile: bad dwarves
mod autopilot: off

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 19, 2021, 03:12:22 pm »

Vote: pubby

I’m wary of brighty, but I think the revelation post at the start of the day is authentic.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #695 on: April 19, 2021, 03:15:20 pm »

What time UTC is 5pm forum time?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 19, 2021, 03:20:26 pm »

What time UTC is 5pm forum time?
9pm I think. At least, it is 10pm in UK (BST), which is 1hr ahead of UTC.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 19, 2021, 03:20:53 pm »

As of now I will not be extending the day. Vote count soon.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 19, 2021, 03:23:35 pm »

The same occurred to me. But if he's scum then there could be some restriction on who his first invite can be, so he can't do that, but still that would feel really clunky. 3rd party however...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 19, 2021, 03:24:39 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

pubby (2): Brightgalrs, WestCoastDidds
Brightgalrs (1): Awaclus
Galzria (1): infangthief
Awaclus (1): Swowl
mathdude (1): faust
scolapasta (1): pubby

Not voting: scolapasta, Galzria, mathdude
Not playing: MiX, jotheonah, Ozle, Diddzria
Playing, but dead, PINL: Jimmmmm

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to exile. Day 2 ends Monday at 5 pm forum time unless you all decide you want an extension. That's in about an hour and a half.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45  All

Page created in 2.147 seconds with 20 queries.