Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45  All

Author Topic: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - GAME OVER PERFECT SCUM WIN  (Read 108235 times)

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
Re: BM32: All Dwarves are Bastards Mafia - DAY TWO
« Reply #650 on: April 19, 2021, 05:25:02 am »

Prod request: Galzria
I'll oblige even if your fortress mates won't! Or maybe a fortress makes one unproddable?

But seriously, answers to #572 and #573 would be appreciated.

And I believe we're expecting some VCA from you?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 19, 2021, 05:31:19 am »

I think it's interest that fang and faust are so dead set on Galz and Didds (but I also don't recall them mentioning Swowl).
Interesting that I haven't mentioned Swowl, or interesting that I think Galz and Didds are bad dwarves?
@Scola, were you going anywhere with this?

Also @Swowl, care to explain why you voted for Awaclus? I don't get it.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 19, 2021, 06:57:32 am »

Vote: Bright
Reason: hopefully it will generate some more discussion, reactions, votes, etc.
We're past that point. How about you vote for someone you think is scum?

I think I've been fairly clear that I believe one of pubby or Bright is scum. As for partnerships... I don't know yet. I hope today's voting will make it a little more clear.
he/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 19, 2021, 07:53:57 am »

I think I've been fairly clear that I believe one of pubby or Bright is scum. As for partnerships... I don't know yet. I hope today's voting will make it a little more clear.
do you have any toughts on player that are not pubby or Brightgalrs?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 19, 2021, 07:54:15 am »

do you have any toughts on players that are not pubby or Brightgalrs?
EBWOP

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 19, 2021, 10:11:45 am »

Deadline is later today. I'll be at the airport then so I should be around.

I am a bit at loose ends as far as a vote. faust, what's your thought on Math?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 19, 2021, 10:59:13 am »

EBWOP

For some reason, this really amused me.

I should be around at deadline. Am leaning for either a bright/pubby vote. Probably more bright as I kinda want to keep pubby around for the eventual parade!
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 19, 2021, 11:20:24 am »

Pubby, what is your opinion of brighty?
Scum Bright only exists if Didds/Galzria/Awaclus contain his partners. Otherwise he would have jumped on my voting bloc idea and used me to vote town off.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 19, 2021, 11:21:58 am »

Deadline is later today. I'll be at the airport then so I should be around.

There was a lot of empty posting. He made lots of posts that looked like they were making arguments for a pubby/Brighty exile, but there was nothing there and when pressed on these reads mathdude wasn't able to provide more than "I'm guessing". I think he's trying to create this pubby v Brighty scenario today, and he already worked on setting up the next misexile once either of them flips town.

Also, he's alive on Day 2. This has never happened, therefore, he must be scum.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 19, 2021, 11:23:57 am »

This made me LOL.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: April 19, 2021, 11:30:23 am »

The two interactions between Bright and mathdude that stood out were:

Also I was inspired by mathdude's du and de and made this:

Where Bright makes an image of his name for some reason?

But having 1 other person paired with you (and they supposedly invited you) doesn't seem very helpful to us.

Where mathdude says the fortress is size 2 before that was public information.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 19, 2021, 11:56:22 am »

With all that said, I think Bright is town.

Vote: Scolapasta

His posts have seemed auto-pilot to me. As if he asks lots of basic follow-up questions without contributing any answers at all.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 19, 2021, 12:05:46 pm »

If people would like to extend the day, let me know in your personal QT. If >70% of town and at least one member of each faction consents, I will add 24 hours.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 19, 2021, 12:09:54 pm »

Walking to grab a coffee, coming back, and then I’ll be here/around for the next 6-7 hours or so! Yay for days off!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 19, 2021, 12:10:17 pm »

With all that said, I think Bright is town.

Vote: Scolapasta

His posts have seemed auto-pilot to me. As if he asks lots of basic follow-up questions without contributing any answers at all.

In fairness, they are a little autopilot. But that's because I have no answers. I'm not a part of any QT, so am not privy to anything that's not said in this main thread. Which frankly, has not been very useful.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 19, 2021, 12:19:08 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

Brightgalrs (2): Awaclus, mathdude
Galzria (1): infangthief
pubby (1): Brightgalrs
Awaclus (1): Swowl
mathdude (1): faust
scolapasta (1): pubby

Not voting: WestCoastDidds, scolapasta, Galzria
Not playing: MiX, jotheonah, Ozle, Diddzria
Playing, but dead, PINL: Jimmmmm

Prodding Jimmmmm was silly. I actually forgot he was dead lol. I forgive him for posting in the thread because it was definitely my fault. I went on mod autopilot. PINL.
Galzria has not been prodded. I was just minutes too late!

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to exile. Day 2 ends Monday at 5 pm forum time unless you all decide you want an extension.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 19, 2021, 12:51:53 pm »

@everyone #TryGalz.

It makes the sky go all of dem pretty colours and ze whole world starts to make, what woz that word again? Sense, dat woz it.
An' now I am finding I am talkin like wot that big fella wot sold it to me was talkin. I need to find him again to get some more. He give me sumfing else last time. Diddz I fink it was called. Then he gave me Galz he said this one is better.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 19, 2021, 12:52:43 pm »

Man, that's not a promising vote count for an end of day that's ostensibly 4 hours away. (unless extended)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 19, 2021, 12:57:50 pm »

do you have any toughts on player that are not pubby or Brightgalrs?

I tend to be cynical - as a person, but also in game.  I could probably find a reason to scum-read just about anyone here, easier than I could find a reason to town-read.  And because of that, those who post the most I tend to have the most inclination to say they've done things that look scummy.

But being aware of my own biases, I try to not default to that path... obviously if I say everyone looks scummy, this makes me look really scummy.  So my next way of looking at things is to go with what I know.  I'm not a detective role, so I don't know anything for sure about others.  But I do know I'm town.  So if someone is scum-reading me, that stands out.  But more than that, I (as a town) am picking up minor reads on others all the time, and if those thoughts (even if I can't explicitly pinpoint why or make an argument based on posts) are also picked up by others, I'm more likely to think someone is town if they share similar thoughts to me, especially if they are able to make a decent argument for their case.

All that being said... and I know that's a whole lot of meta-useless-analysis of nothing... here are my current thoughts on some people:

I'm going to stick with saying one of pubby or Bright are scum, but likely not both.

Awaclus is also on my watch list - partly from the hammer D1 even though it sort of made sense to do something, and partly from things he's said today such as defending pubby's role/claim without giving the rest of us any more information.

faust is someone I'll look into in more detail if I'm around tomorrow - probably because he's starting to target me, and/or from posting a lot, but I feel like he's starting to setup for mixexiling me.

Galz did feel like he was defending Didds at one point, but when someone else mentioned that, Swowl seemed to say that's normal for him.  I'm going to hold both of these pieces of information for now, and take them at par, unless someone disagrees.

Speaking of Swowl, I'd like to hear more from him.  When he first started posting D1, I was tempted to follow suit and write back in 3rd person for responses, but that feeling has passed now.  Still, being less present towards the end of a day (especially after a comment like us focusing on things that "don't matter" - it would be nice to hear where that comes from.

I'm not losing Didds either.  She was one of my first scum-reads, and I'm watching closely.  If she does flip scum, I'll loop back to Galz in the previous point there and look more into that.

So yes, I have thoughts on people.  Not much useful I don't think, but at least I have some thoughts.

PPE - a boatload, since I started this post a few hours ago!
he/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #669 on: April 19, 2021, 12:58:41 pm »

It's not that bad, we only need 4 more people to vote for Bright.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #670 on: April 19, 2021, 01:00:50 pm »

I could also be convinced to vote for mathdude if people would rather do that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #671 on: April 19, 2021, 01:02:03 pm »

I don't support the deadline extension; if >70% of town have enough time to show up to vote in favor of the extension, they have enough time to show up to vote in favor of the Bright exile.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 19, 2021, 01:21:44 pm »

EBWOP

For some reason, this really amused me.

I should be around at deadline. Am leaning for either a bright/pubby vote. Probably more bright as I kinda want to keep pubby around for the eventual parade!

I was amused too... correct the less obvious mistake (player switched to players), and leave "toughts"?

I still don't get what the fuss is about a parade.  Is that some mechanic that's been used here before?

Pubby, what is your opinion of brighty?
Scum Bright only exists if Didds/Galzria/Awaclus contain his partners. Otherwise he would have jumped on my voting bloc idea and used me to vote town off.

I'm just keeping track of this for future reference.  Is this based on meta or stuff in game?

There was a lot of empty posting. He made lots of posts that looked like they were making arguments for a pubby/Brighty exile, but there was nothing there and when pressed on these reads mathdude wasn't able to provide more than "I'm guessing". I think he's trying to create this pubby v Brighty scenario today, and he already worked on setting up the next misexile once either of them flips town.

I've never been scum before, therefore I must not be scum!  Your logic is fail logic.  I openly admit that I don't have much to vote on today.  But at least I'm trying to generate discussions and get more information.

If I'm working on setting up the next misexile, then so are you - you're trying to set up a misexile of me.  What I'm doing is pointing out connections and observations, so people can see what I'm thinking and hopefully generate discussion.

The two interactions between Bright and mathdude that stood out were:

Also I was inspired by mathdude's du and de and made this:

Where Bright makes an image of his name for some reason?

But having 1 other person paired with you (and they supposedly invited you) doesn't seem very helpful to us.

Where mathdude says the fortress is size 2 before that was public information.

I found that image a bit odd as well.  I guess I can see the "du" and "de" leading to a double integral.  But it's still strange.

I didn't say the fortress size is 2.  I said you have someone paired with you... IIRC, this was in relation to Didds' discussion of her QT, and then you said you also have a neighbourhood where someone invited you.  You didn't say you were in a neighbourhood with others, so I assumed based on your language that it was 1 other person there with you.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 19, 2021, 01:30:12 pm »

Man, that's not a promising vote count for an end of day that's ostensibly 4 hours away. (unless extended)

It's not that bad, we only need 4 more people to vote for Bright.

Unvote

Now we still have votes for Bright, Galz, pubby, Awaclus, me, and pasta.  We definitely need to consolidate.  Of the votes, it seems most likely that fang is stuck on Galz, Bright is stuck on pubby, and faust is stuck on me.  The others have not had as much stick-to-it-ive-ness, from what I've seen.  Does one of those 3 people have more information than you're sharing that can help the rest of us decide who to vote for?

If we are going to have a shot at voting out scum today, we definitely need to narrow down the options.  Are the 3 I've picked who we should be narrowing it down to?  Is there someone else we should keep in the list?  Anyone we should take out of the list (besides me)?
he/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 19, 2021, 01:54:53 pm »

If I'm working on setting up the next misexile, then so are you - you're trying to set up a misexile of me.  What I'm doing is pointing out connections and observations, so people can see what I'm thinking and hopefully generate discussion.
This is the most OMGUS post I've seen.

When i say that someone is setting up misexiles, this is referring to them planning out who to exile on future Days.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 20 queries.