Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200492 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 5)
« Reply #1625 on: April 23, 2021, 09:50:45 am »

Requesting cylon testing
This is not a valid game action.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 23, 2021, 09:51:46 am »

Vote Count 5.1

Dylan32 (2): MiX, A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (7): Jack Rudd, SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, EFHW, scolapasta, Dylan32, ashersky

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to exile. Day 5 lasts until April 30, 2021, 04:30:00 am.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:53:38 am by faust »

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 23, 2021, 10:17:09 am »

Undergo Testing

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 23, 2021, 10:19:55 am »

Mix, what did your power tell you about Dylan?

Why are we not exiling Jack?

It told me Dylan is cylon-aligned.
How did you learn he was civilian? What was the relevance then of your making him your VP.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 23, 2021, 10:20:16 am »

EFHW, what do you think about mix’s claim about Dylan?

I'm still trying to sort it out.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 23, 2021, 10:21:21 am »

How did you learn he was civilian? What was the relevance then of your making him your VP.

You originally said you learned his alignment when he became VP and that your power told you something else.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 23, 2021, 10:23:02 am »

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 23, 2021, 10:38:05 am »

Undergo Testing
EFHW is a Cylon.

Not surprising.

You originally said you learned his alignment when he became VP and that your power told you something else.

Not true, I have only learned information about Dylan through my power.

Well not if you count his claim. Okay, let me clarify.

So, Tom Zarek is a civilian in the series, and given the abundant military claims, me and ADK assumed that Dylan was a civilian. I was fairly certain he'd claimed that, but you seem to think otherwise, so I don't know.

I learned that Dylan was cylon-aligned with my passive power. The flavor of the power also suggested that I learned this because he's my vice-president (the same way it suggests I learned what the turning point for a military becoming president was because I was the president), and it also implied that Dylan was Caprica Six. This is all because of my passive power.

Now, Caprica Six is also a civilian (in the flavor), so ADK's assumption that at least 1 civilian is scum is checking out. Ash and Robz's civilianness is not ground to doubt that civilian and military distinctions are arbitrary in any way: I, too, would look at a mechanic and say civilian, and overall it feels like the series is lacking civilians if you group overall assistants as military, as then you're left with the political bunch.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 23, 2021, 10:52:06 am »

Undergo Testing
EFHW is a Cylon.

So, basically, this means one of two things: either EFHW is a cylon, or Space is scum and lied about what they were going to pick. So, tonight, I will pick human, Space should pick cylon, and then we'll test EFHW again. This way, if we get different results, one of us is scum, otherwise EFHW is a cylon. We can decide on what that makes EFHW in terms of alignment tomorrow.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 23, 2021, 11:22:41 am »

ADK, why did you decide to block my (next) night actions?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: April 23, 2021, 11:37:10 am »

NO ONE VOTE!

Time is of the essence today. Everyone that is online needs to talk now. We need to solve the game before we're all quickhammered.

The first person to get on the thread should do the test, most likely.

A haiku, by scolapasta:

Mix is first in thread.
Mix says first in thread should test.
Why does Mix not test? 
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 23, 2021, 11:50:12 am »

Ok, so now that I got that protest out of the way, lots going on already to the start of this day. Here's some strema of conscious thinking on what I've seen (mostly because after this I should get back to work, so want to get a bunch out there, then may be able to post bits and pieces later):

Mix says Dylan is Scum but is also worried about a quickhammer. Why? there are 9 of us left, so there'd have to be 5 scum?? Oh wait, curfew, so maybe 4.

Still 4 scum seems like a lot. Unless, Mix knows there's 4, and with an exile of Dylan and a NK we get down to 7, and then 4 would be enough! (scum can't quick hammer 4 right now, because they don't yet know who performed actions last night)

SO on that note Mix or Dylan seem like good votes for today.

But then let's also add in in EFHW as a (probable) Cylon. So there's that path to pursue.

I'm definitely not ready to vote Dylan just yet, particularly because Mix is so pressuring about it. (I think part of me doubts that his passive power would be so powerful as to out a scum so easily; especially with all the other investigative powers we've seen exist)

As I agreed with the question as space posed it, the only real case I see against Dylan is Mix's claim. Which is super strong, but lacks credibility.

For the case against Mix, it is interesting that he is in all 3 groups for which we suspect at least one scum (but of course based on Mix's, Dylan's and ADK's info):

Dylan info: Odd # scum in {MiX, Space, LaLight, Jack, Didds}
Mix info: At leas 1 scum in {MiX, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel, scolapasta, EFHW, SpaceAnemone}
ADK info: Likely a scum in civilians {Dylan, MiX, ash} - not including Jack since we all think he's military

ADK are you willing to say a little more of why you think there's at least 1 civilian among the scum?

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 23, 2021, 12:41:38 pm »

NO ONE VOTE!

Time is of the essence today. Everyone that is online needs to talk now. We need to solve the game before we're all quickhammered.

The first person to get on the thread should do the test, most likely.

A haiku, by scolapasta:

Mix is first in thread.
Mix says first in thread should test.
Why does Mix not test?

Perhaps with logic
One would understand why I
Can't do the testing

Since I control one
One aspect of the test, I
Would know its result

If I was scum, so
It's best for someone else to
Learn their true species

Ok, so now that I got that protest out of the way, lots going on already to the start of this day. Here's some strema of conscious thinking on what I've seen (mostly because after this I should get back to work, so want to get a bunch out there, then may be able to post bits and pieces later):

Mix says Dylan is Scum but is also worried about a quickhammer. Why? there are 9 of us left, so there'd have to be 5 scum?? Oh wait, curfew, so maybe 4.

Still 4 scum seems like a lot. Unless, Mix knows there's 4, and with an exile of Dylan and a NK we get down to 7, and then 4 would be enough! (scum can't quick hammer 4 right now, because they don't yet know who performed actions last night)

But then let's also add in in EFHW as a (probable) Cylon. So there's that path to pursue.

I'm definitely not ready to vote Dylan just yet, particularly because Mix is so pressuring about it. (I think part of me doubts that his passive power would be so powerful as to out a scum so easily; especially with all the other investigative powers we've seen exist)

As I agreed with the question as space posed it, the only real case I see against Dylan is Mix's claim. Which is super strong, but lacks credibility.

For the case against Mix, it is interesting that he is in all 3 groups for which we suspect at least one scum (but of course based on Mix's, Dylan's and ADK's info):

Mix info: At leas 1 scum in {MiX, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel, scolapasta, EFHW, SpaceAnemone}
ADK info: Likely a scum in civilians {Dylan, MiX, ash} - not including Jack since we all think he's military

ADK are you willing to say a little more of why you think there's at least 1 civilian among the scum?

You mean Dylan's investigative power? There's no cop in this setup. So I have to do it.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 23, 2021, 12:50:28 pm »

I'd argue if you're scum, it doesn't really matter who takes the test.

Also, haiku fail:

Since I control one
Would know its result

You mean Dylan's investigative power? There's no cop in this setup. So I have to do it.

No, I meant Awaclus, swowl, Robz, and Lalight. Granted, some of those were passive and Robz claimed his was military/civilian, but there's a lot we could have (and some we did learn) from those.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 23, 2021, 01:10:24 pm »

Also, haiku fail:

Since I control one
Would know its result

No, I meant Awaclus, swowl, Robz, and Lalight. Granted, some of those were passive and Robz claimed his was military/civilian, but there's a lot we could have (and some we did learn) from those.

If I'm town, it doesn't matter if I take the test, because I'm town.

Nooooooooooooooooooo my honor :C

None of those are cop results.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 23, 2021, 01:14:50 pm »

Also, haiku fail:

Since I control one
Would know its result

If I'm town, it doesn't matter if I take the test, because I'm town.

Nooooooooooooooooooo my honor :C

None of those are cop results.

Since one of them was civilian / military (Robz), and another one told us cylon / human (Lalight), it seems likely (to me) that Awaclus's 2 shot was cop.

And there's still swowl's passive.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 23, 2021, 01:21:41 pm »

Now that I'm not in an exam (online school has its privileges), let's address this post.

I will actually withdraw this concern. It was based off things that I have assumed to be true elsewhere, and I should keep assuming they're correct. But yeah curfew's annoying as hell.

The third statement I will say nothing about, as it would be anti-town.

100% vote Dylan today, there's really no decision here. These past few days have been about deciding if I'm town or not, and now is the time where you decide that, yes, I am town.

EFHW's a probably cylon, but we can do that tomorrow.

Please stop trying to imply that scum wants you to do what scum tells you to do. If I'm scum, the last thing I expect people to do is vote Dylan when I say so. You should be more willing to vote for someone I am conflicting, not less.

It has the credibility of my PR. That is much more than what we've been doing (and I am to blame for that too, given the Robz exile).

Those 3 pieces of information come from scum, myself and third-party. In fact, with my conflict, they are absolutely void: it works if dylan's scum, or if I'm scum, and we already know one of us is scum.

ADK should probably not say more but like who cares, they were right. Even if you think I'm scum. So does it matter?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 23, 2021, 01:24:33 pm »

Those 3 pieces of information come from scum, myself and third-party. In fact, with my conflict, they are absolutely void: it works if dylan's scum, or if I'm scum, and we already know one of us is scum.

Oops.

They are void in determining my alignment. Of course, the information from the town of us between me and Dylan is still useful (which for me tells me EFHW is scum).

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 23, 2021, 01:53:04 pm »

100% vote Dylan today, there's really no decision here. These past few days have been about deciding if I'm town or not, and now is the time where you decide that, yes, I am town.

EFHW's a probably cylon, but we can do that tomorrow.

I am strongly leaning towards voting Dylan here. I think either town MiX or Survivor Mix would be telling the truth. But as we agree that we don't have the immediate rush, want to give some time to still mull it over, ask some more questions, and let players report what night time things they may have done. Otherwise my vote would put a curfewed Dylan at X-1 and I don't think we're there yet, especially with a hammering Ash.

But at the moment, I'm @ it's Dylan today, and if he's not actually scum, you tomorrow. Otherwise EFHW.

Please stop trying to imply that scum wants you to do what scum tells you to do. If I'm scum, the last thing I expect people to do is vote Dylan when I say so. You should be more willing to vote for someone I am conflicting, not less.

Sure, except for WIFOM, so good scum would know to do both.

ADK should probably not say more but like who cares, they were right. Even if you think I'm scum. So does it matter?

It does matter, but I'm not yet ready to reveal more now.

So some other questions: what were the other orders you could've chosen? Why did you choose so fast? If you are scum Mix trying to get us down to 7 (due to 4 scum), it would definitely make sense to protect yourself if you're worried a vig shot would take you out at night. And we've only flipped one killing power which was passive, so there definitely could be a vig out there still. And yes, there are also reasons for town Mix to choose that order to, so choosing it doesn't automatically imply scum or survivor Mix.

So care to enlighten us some more on your decision process there?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 23, 2021, 01:56:01 pm »

It was curfew and civilian jurisdiction. We've been over those, they aren't pro-town.

I do think we shouldn't waste time here: it's perfectly fine to just hammer Dylan before he can do anything. It's not necessary but it would help town a lot if we didn't allow any time for scum to do anything.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 23, 2021, 02:06:21 pm »

Oops.

They are void in determining my alignment. Of course, the information from the town of us between me and Dylan is still useful (which for me tells me EFHW is scum).
But now I know your logic is incorrect. If you are certain I am scum, then I can't take your other certainties as accurate, either. What if you differentiate for us the things you are actually certain about from the things which are suppositions?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 23, 2021, 02:10:10 pm »

It was curfew and civilian jurisdiction. We've been over those, they aren't pro-town.

I do think we shouldn't waste time here: it's perfectly fine to just hammer Dylan before he can do anything. It's not necessary but it would help town a lot if we didn't allow any time for scum to do anything.

But see? that's kind of my point. You came out the day starting with a big concern about scum quickhammering and now you're the one pushing for that. Can you at least understand why that makes me oh so skeptical?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 23, 2021, 02:13:32 pm »

ADK, why did you decide to block my (next) night actions?

That actually blocked yours and LL's actions last night. And I did it to help my wincon
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 23, 2021, 02:13:52 pm »

Oops.

But now I know your logic is incorrect. If you are certain I am scum, then I can't take your other certainties as accurate, either. What if you differentiate for us the things you are actually certain about from the things which are suppositions?

The arguments I make are based on public information. They are as strong as the suppositions. My scumread on you is based on my information, but it's not deterministic: anyone else on the jack wagon could be scum and not you.

But see? that's kind of my point. You came out the day starting with a big concern about scum quickhammering and now you're the one pushing for that. Can you at least understand why that makes me oh so skeptical?

Yes. It's hard to push for what I know is right and what other people might think is right. Obviously, I want people to exile scum.

Honestly, as I said to EFHW in this post, what I'm saying is all from public information at this point, just take said information and come to your own conclusions.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 23, 2021, 02:14:27 pm »

MiX, seeing as you and I had similar scum reads yesterday (albeit they were wrong) in Robz, Didds, and EFHW? Who do you know think is scum.

Since I'm between Dylan and possibly you, I'll throw out two combos I'm considering:
Dylan, EFHW, and Jack
Mix, ADK, EFHW, and Didds (this is the possible 4 team scum that ash alluded to possibly existing)

My current town reads are (clearly): space and ash
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 76  All

Page created in 2.245 seconds with 20 queries.