Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200515 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 4)
« Reply #1450 on: April 18, 2021, 07:35:57 am »

I don't care about this game anymore. I did for a brief moment when I realized I was still alive. I don't anymore, town does not give a fuck about anything and this game is too slow for anyone to agree on anything.

Vote: Robz, X-2

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 18, 2021, 07:36:37 am »

While it does seem early for massclaiming, the game needs jump-starting so I am in favor.

Claim then! What are you waiting for?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 18, 2021, 07:39:18 am »

Ok, a little bit more detail about my power. I can basically come up with a yes no question in my QT and then get a truthful answer. So what if we did something like any of the set {x y z} (cylon-aligned/not human-aligned)? (parenthetical options for if you want to filter out 3rd party or include them in the results)

I could probably ask something setup related too if there was a more helpful bit of info we could come up with, but I feel like using it as a weird cop might be most directly helpful right now. That would at least give us some results to work with right now since no one else has rushed forwards with anything yet.

Ask if your top scumread is cylon-aligned. Ask if at least 1 of your 2 top scumreads are cylon-aligned. Ask if there's at least 2 cylon-aligned players in my D3 wagon (by explicitly naming people). Ask if there's at least 2 cylon-aligned players in the Jack D3 wagon. Ask if Jack is cylon-aligned.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 18, 2021, 08:21:54 am »

Is the viper QT during the day or just at night? If any group has daychat, that could explain the infrequent posting, though that's not my excuse.

Night only
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 18, 2021, 08:29:58 am »

The POE on my character is now easy... ADK is Lee, LL is Helo, Swowl was Boomer.  I’m obviously Kara Thrace.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: April 18, 2021, 08:32:28 am »

Ok, a little bit more detail about my power. I can basically come up with a yes no question in my QT and then get a truthful answer. So what if we did something like any of the set {x y z} (cylon-aligned/not human-aligned)? (parenthetical options for if you want to filter out 3rd party or include them in the results)

I could probably ask something setup related too if there was a more helpful bit of info we could come up with, but I feel like using it as a weird cop might be most directly helpful right now. That would at least give us some results to work with right now since no one else has rushed forwards with anything yet.

Ask if your top scumread is cylon-aligned. Ask if at least 1 of your 2 top scumreads are cylon-aligned. Ask if there's at least 2 cylon-aligned players in my D3 wagon (by explicitly naming people). Ask if there's at least 2 cylon-aligned players in the Jack D3 wagon. Ask if Jack is cylon-aligned.

Or are any of the viper pilots cylon-aligned? If so, y’all could off us one by one.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 18, 2021, 08:34:04 am »

Or was any member of the jury cylon-aligned?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 18, 2021, 10:51:30 am »

vote: MiX, obviously. Curfew is a gambit

That was not intentional. Turns out trying to make town decide on an order just means they will do nothing.

But hey, it's what ash wanted!

How do you blame this on town? I get that we didn't opine much on it* (or anything really), but it's still your call to set the oder before deadline. "The buck stops here", no?

* frankly I didn't expect for you to really even care about our opinions, but it was good to know what you claim the options are, at least.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 18, 2021, 10:58:53 am »

MiX/WCD/Space? MiX/WCD/Jack?

Or are any of the viper pilots cylon-aligned? If so, y’all could off us one by one.

Or was any member of the jury cylon-aligned?

These all seem like good options to me. It seems like 3 is the magic number, as 2 feels too limited, and 4 doesn't really narrow things down as much. I'm also fine if you want to throw me in the pool of 3.

(I am still wondering if there's something else better than Cop to use this for, but I haven't thought of anything yet - the best I've got is if flavor corresponds to alignment*, but faust didn't seem willing to answer that in the main thread so I'd be worried we wouldn't get a useful answer here either)

* because if it does, I don't think ADK would be 3rd party; either MiX or WCD or both would
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 18, 2021, 01:51:07 pm »

I agree that there is the right number. If we choose wisely we get three ICs. If we gets yes, then we have the exile pool.

And I think the question should be “is there at least one” because not knowing how many there are if it’s yes is still a good a pretty good position.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 18, 2021, 04:05:41 pm »

I'm Cally. One of my least favorite characters!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 18, 2021, 04:14:28 pm »

The wiki entry for her is...more than incomplete. Is that reason enough to kill you?

What were your targets? What were your results?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 18, 2021, 04:37:42 pm »

While it does seem early for massclaiming, the game needs jump-starting so I am in favor.

Usually we set an order. But I'm fine with claiming. I'm Dee and I set up the QT's between LL and scola and Space and Swowl. I also have the two-shot option to make a player unable to post in their QT's for a night and a day.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 18, 2021, 04:41:02 pm »

Usually we set an order. But I'm fine with claiming. I'm Dee and I set up the QT's between LL and scola and Space and Swowl. I also have the two-shot option to make a player unable to post in their QT's for a night and a day.

...Who? Can you give me a full name?

There's been 3 night, why have you setup only 2 QTs?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 18, 2021, 05:03:37 pm »

Dee = Anastasia Dualla.

I'm Saul Tigh.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 18, 2021, 05:57:13 pm »

Your powers don't really seem related to your character. That and you ignored by why shouldn't I vote for you question.

Vote: Robz

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 18, 2021, 05:59:44 pm »

Well, your powers do fit your role, as Dee was a communications officer. That said, I could also see these as scum powers, since we know that there's a Viper QT. And if you're going to make up a false claim, Dee is a relatively minor enough character and I think all the other military characters have claimed. So it's "safe".

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 18, 2021, 06:01:17 pm »

Your powers don't really seem related to your character. That and you ignored by why shouldn't I vote for you question.

Oh wait, just read back and saw MiX claimed his vote was X-2. Not quite sure we're read for X-1 yet, as I think we want Dylan to ask his question (I forget did you say if this was a day or night power). If it's night, I'll probably throw my vote back on. But for now:

Unvote

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 18, 2021, 06:01:55 pm »

Was that X-1?

I don't think we should allow a hammer before thefull set of claiming -- it would be too easy to scum to hammer and have an extra night phase to work on their fakeclaims.

Unvote

PPE 1
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 18, 2021, 06:02:44 pm »

Okay, two unvotes might not have been necessary. Sorry. Will probably reinstate my vote once I've posted some other thoughts.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: April 18, 2021, 06:05:58 pm »

Okay, two unvotes might not have been necessary. Sorry. Will probably reinstate my vote once I've posted some other thoughts.

Yeah, I only noticed after I went back to read and see if there was anything else that had come in since my last post. Luckily it was at the top of this page or I may not have seen it. (though, you also got here in time)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 18, 2021, 06:07:13 pm »

And if you're going to make up a false claim, Dee is a relatively minor enough character and I think all the other military characters have claimed. So it's "safe".

She's at least major enough to be a playable character in the board game, while Billy, whom we've seen as a flipped character in this game, isn't a playable character, at least in any of the expansions I've played.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 18, 2021, 06:15:55 pm »

I like this, though we should consider whether it's better information if we ask whether there's an even number of cylon-aligned players in a given group (where zero counts as even), rather than just if there's one or more. If we make the group contain the top three or four universally-agreed (ish) scumreads, that might be quite useful information as the game gets smaller. PoE for town in that group would also be useful, which is why I'm erring on thinking the group might be better off being a little more than just the top one or two scumreads. Does anyone else have thoughts on that?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 18, 2021, 06:17:26 pm »

I like this, though we should consider whether it's better information if we ask whether there's an even number of cylon-aligned players in a given group (where zero counts as even), rather than just if there's one or more. If we make the group contain the top three or four universally-agreed (ish) scumreads, that might be quite useful information as the game gets smaller. PoE for town in that group would also be useful, which is why I'm erring on thinking the group might be better off being a little more than just the top one or two scumreads. Does anyone else have thoughts on that?

Even seems counterproductive for using information to guide our actions: If we learn a "yes" on even, do we exile in that group? Chances are there's no scum, but there could be two...it just makes things complicated. And given my result, I think if we crossreference 2 groups of people that can have scum, we get a pretty good pool to exile in.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 18, 2021, 06:20:30 pm »

Dee = Anastasia Dualla.

I'm Saul Tigh.

You're also a player who's put very little content into the game, so if we're going for all-out power claiming, I think you should be high in the priority list, unless you want to volunteer some more now?

I recall that previously I've argued for claiming systems where we do things in two phase (e.g. a round of names and then a round of powers), but can anyone else recall why that's sometimes a good thing to do? I honestly can't remember right now, but I'm pretty sure I've thought previously that it's a better way of unfolding the information into the thread :-/
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76  All

Page created in 2.442 seconds with 20 queries.