Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200849 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1300 on: April 14, 2021, 11:21:18 am »

Now that I am dead, ADK has no reason to play for town, the cylon testing machine doesn't work, and I don't get information which I presume was going to get better over time. We also trigger a turning point which I presume is pro-scum.

Scum team is ash, jack and robz, I'm not even kidding.

for the cylon power I picked cylon and then human, so from my perspective I don't know if the tests were accurate or the other person picked the same thing as me. that's why I was against ash killing himself all of this game.

Why not vote one of the three players you claim is the mafia team?  You seemed so sure here, and yet you vote scola?

Nothing short of a mod-confirmation of your alignment will make me believe anything you say.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 4)
« Reply #1301 on: April 14, 2021, 11:21:39 am »

Now I'm in a conundrum, as MiX is clearly my top mafia read, but I definitely don't want ADK to survive any longer AND get presidential powers if we take out MiX.

Does anyone have a useful day power that could remove a player?

So you think I faked all that twylight talk just in case there was an unknown power that made me not flip? Why would I say ADK is third-party before I die if we're both scum? WIFOM exists, but doesn't that put ADK in a worse position, potentially getting exiled just for not being town?

I think you faked all of that because you knew you would not flip from the very beginning.  It was your own power, or ADK's power, or your faction's power.

Essentially, it was all planned in case you were the exile, knowing you could plant all sorts of seeds of doubt and misinformation.

Isn't it clearly the turning point for the president to be brigged? It's possible scum knew of this beforehand, but...

You were not brigged, so the turning point didn't happen yet.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 14, 2021, 11:21:56 am »

As the jury members entered, A Drowned Kernel exclaimed "This is all a witch hunt! The President is obviously innocent!"

"I agree!", shouted WestCoastDidds.

"So... are we done here?", SpaceAnemone asked. "I didn't even take my seat yet..."

Presidential Jury Final Vote Count

Not Guilty (2): A Drowned Kernel, WestCoastDidds

Not Voting (1): SpaceAnemone

MiX has been judged not guilty! They are not sent to the brig.

See, not sent to the brig.  Wasn't brigged.  No turning point.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 14, 2021, 11:22:31 am »

If the jury had brigged you, we would have had a turning point.

More points against the mafia jury.  I mean, zero discussion.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 14, 2021, 11:22:59 am »

Now that I am dead, ADK has no reason to play for town, the cylon testing machine doesn't work, and I don't get information which I presume was going to get better over time. We also trigger a turning point which I presume is pro-scum.

for the cylon power I picked cylon and then human, so from my perspective I don't know if the tests were accurate or the other person picked the same thing as me. that's why I was against ash killing himself all of this game.

Why not vote one of the three players you claim is the mafia team?  You seemed so sure here, and yet you vote scola?

Nothing short of a mod-confirmation of your alignment will make me believe anything you say.

The information I learned at night contradicts this.

What would be the point of the jury if it's not random?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 14, 2021, 11:23:18 am »

If I could have any day power, I would wish for the power to redirect all votes on my townreads to go to me.

That would at least hamstring bad cases and mis-exiles for a day.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 14, 2021, 11:24:04 am »

The information I learned at night contradicts this.

What would be the point of the jury if it's not random?

Feel free to share your info.  I won't believe it, though.

I believe the jury was random.  The mod language says so.  I just think it randomly selected mafia.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 14, 2021, 11:25:46 am »

Like, if I was on the jury, I was CLEARLY going to vote Guilty no matter what.  There's clearly no confusion there.

And yet, I would have been like, "hey, I'm on the jury, I'm definitely voting guilty, what does everyone else think, anything happen overnight?"

I mean, there could have been a cop with a guilty result on MiX!  But they didn't even wait for everyone to show up and post.  The third jury member was just cast away.  Insanely anti-town move.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 14, 2021, 11:26:54 am »

Hence, the jury members who voted are non-town.  No other viable option there.  Occam's razor.

(Plus, we already know ADK is not town.)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 14, 2021, 11:30:32 am »

Alright, it's late, I'm out.  Be back tomorrow at some point.

Feel free to just exile me while I'm gone though.  Just too frustrated right now to be losing so badly.

I mean, bravo non-town players, though.  Well played!  MVP will be a tough selection.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 14, 2021, 11:31:35 am »

I think having had almost no one die this entire game is making it pretty tough.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 14, 2021, 11:38:22 am »

So how do we explain WCD's actions?  WCD knows that ADK is not town-aligned, and yet follows him.  What town player blindly follows a non-town player on purpose, without at least discussing it with everyone?  Another non-town player, of course.

I wasn't following ADK. He just woke up before I did.  I do not have an opinion about ADK's fate.  I would rather find scum than third party, but whatevs.

The majority of people in this game wanted to exile Jack Rudd.  Two civilians wanted to exile MiX.  My vote only makes sense.

So, you are saying that exactly two of {ashersky, LL, Jack, Robz} are civilians.  How would you know that?
You are also saying that only one or zero of {MiX, WCD, ADK, scola, EFHW, Space} are civilians, as it only took two civilians to override the larger wagon.  How do you also know that?

And mind telling us which is which?  MiX claimed civilian, so are the other 5 all military?  Is MiX lying?

Also, how convenient that both you and ADK were on the losing wagon, and then got to be on the jury and make up a "majority" to overturn your loss.

Well of {ashersky, LL, Jack, Robz}, I know LL is military, so at least two but could three of the remainder are civilian. I am not sure that it matters.  A minority, by a lot, of the people voting were voting for MiX. The majority, by a lot of the people voting were voting for Jack.

Of {MiX, WCD, ADK, scola, EFHW, Space}, I know that WCD, ADK, scola, EFHW, and maybe Space are military. MiX is the civilian, Space could be. That information is from just keeping track of what people have said.

If Space is a civilian, then Ash, Jack, and Robz are all civilian.  If Space is military, at least two of them are.

As for convenience that ADK and I were on the jury...salty about a RNG? Or saying it was rigged?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 14, 2021, 11:46:21 am »

Vote Count 4.1

Jack Rudd (1): WestCoastDidds
scolapasta (1): MiX

Not Voting (9): Jack Rudd, SpaceAnemone, EFHW, scolapasta, LaLight, Dylan32, A Drowned Kernel, Robz888, ashersky

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to exile. Day 4 ends April 21, 2021, 08:30:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 14, 2021, 12:33:58 pm »

Man, a lot to catch up on! And on my busiest meeting day, so while I read everything, I won't have time to process until later tonight.

But ADK and WCD both voting for the jury without ANY DISCUSSION? That as to be one of the more anti town things I've seen.

I can 1/2 understand ADK, being VP, maybe??

But there is NO reason for WCD to vote there so early that is defensible.

Vote: WCD

I'll have to further process to see if I think that's actually the best place for my vote, but it's early in the day, no other votes, so I at least need this to be a sign how upset I am at this...
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 14, 2021, 12:36:07 pm »

Man, a lot to catch up on! And on my busiest meeting day, so while I read everything, I won't have time to process until later tonight.

But ADK and WCD both voting for the jury without ANY DISCUSSION? That as to be one of the more anti town things I've seen.

I'll have to further process to see if I think that's actually the best place for my vote, but it's early in the day, no other votes, so I at least need this to be a sign how upset I am at this...

Hi scum! So who's your scumbuddies? I was thinking Didds, but I guess I was wrong?

Which of those statements do you actually believe? I guess the first one's true?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 14, 2021, 01:14:51 pm »

You can be mad, and I get it. To my mind this was all about rectifying what happened yesterday and ALL of the military being deprived of a vote. It's not scummy. It wasn't ill considered.  I don't see any reason to let scum have any sway in my decision about MiX, nor do I think I need to justify anything to scum.  And the sooner I cast my vote, the sooner we could get on with the day.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 14, 2021, 02:00:25 pm »

You can be mad, and I get it. To my mind this was all about rectifying what happened yesterday and ALL of the military being deprived of a vote. It's not scummy. It wasn't ill considered.  I don't see any reason to let scum have any sway in my decision about MiX, nor do I think I need to justify anything to scum.  And the sooner I cast my vote, the sooner we could get on with the day.

To be fair, the person you voted to acquit was exactly the same person who disenfranchised somewhere upwards of half the players in the game, so that's not exactly justice.

My vote on Jack was not reflective of whom I think is most likely to be scum, but of what the available choices were at the EoD and looking for information by joining a wagon and seeing reactions. I knew I was military and that my vote didn't count anyway, and so I voted accordingly. Having that vote used as part of the justification for clearing MiX is just kind of frustrating.

I do think you and ADK voting so quickly was very surprising. I would have expect that if you're a townies who presumably doesn't have any extra external information, then canvassing opinion and waiting for night information on MiX would have been the most sensible way forward. So I think either you're already sitting on information you're not telling us (either relating to MiX, to some personal goal, or to something I haven't even thought of) or I agree that it feels really suspicious that you didn't want to see what other info is out there before casting a deciding vote after an alleged non-townie had already voted that way.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 14, 2021, 02:02:06 pm »

I think the next thing I'd like to see this game day is ADK responding in detail to what MiX claimed, and also giving their side of the story about ADK's link to Swowl.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 14, 2021, 02:04:39 pm »

Also, some of the stuff Swowl and I talked about still contradicted what LL had claimed, if LL is assuming that Swowl was the person whose targeting he'd detected on N2, so that's another thing to puzzle out now we've seen Swowl's flip.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 14, 2021, 02:50:51 pm »

Like, if I was on the jury, I was CLEARLY going to vote Guilty no matter what.  There's clearly no confusion there.

And yet, I would have been like, "hey, I'm on the jury, I'm definitely voting guilty, what does everyone else think, anything happen overnight?"

I mean, there could have been a cop with a guilty result on MiX!  But they didn't even wait for everyone to show up and post.  The third jury member was just cast away.  Insanely anti-town move.

i will reply to this post, but basically I only believe ash and me are town and we lost.

vote: WCD
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: April 14, 2021, 02:51:21 pm »

Alright, it's late, I'm out.  Be back tomorrow at some point.

Feel free to just exile me while I'm gone though.  Just too frustrated right now to be losing so badly.

I mean, bravo non-town players, though.  Well played!  MVP will be a tough selection.

thousands of yeses

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 14, 2021, 02:52:18 pm »

Hi scum! So who's your scumbuddies? I was thinking Didds, but I guess I was wrong?

Which of those statements do you actually believe? I guess the first one's true?

what a nerve, MiX.

yeah, i forgot about scola. he's town with us

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 14, 2021, 02:53:38 pm »

Also, some of the stuff Swowl and I talked about still contradicted what LL had claimed, if LL is assuming that Swowl was the person whose targeting he'd detected on N2, so that's another thing to puzzle out now we've seen Swowl's flip.

goodness, Swowl was human, I didn't detect a "blocking" action because I only detect Cylon's actions.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 14, 2021, 02:54:26 pm »

Swowl was a jailkeeper and jailkept me on the night before this one

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 14, 2021, 02:55:01 pm »

also i wasn't targeted by any cylons since night 2

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 76  All

Page created in 2.238 seconds with 21 queries.