Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 201260 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1200 on: April 11, 2021, 01:59:53 pm »

Acknowledged. Again, I do mean to catch up soon.

Vote: MiX

Then why would you put me in E-1?

Town is in a really, really bad situation if I'm exiled. I can't stress it enough.
You'll need to elaborate to be persuasive.

Town needs to not be addicted to make people claim information that doesn't help town just because they scumread them.

What I'm saying is true. Ask ADK. You don't need to know more than that to make a decision. After all, I could be lying regardless of how much I elaborate, right?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 11, 2021, 02:07:07 pm »

Let’s not ax one of the most active players.

Let’s exile one of the folks who are barely contributing.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 11, 2021, 02:08:12 pm »

This is treading into dangerous water, but:

I have information, accessible only to me, that makes me strongly believe mix is town

If you think I'm town, and you trust my judgement, you won't exile mix
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 11, 2021, 02:08:24 pm »

Hey all, sorry about disappearing this weekend. I can't really elaborate much, but there was a fatal incident Friday night that has taken up a lot of mental capacity, and my ability to sit and focus on games just hasn't been there this weekend. I'm going to try to catch up.

Oh, Dylan. I’m so sorry. I hope that you are doing okay.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 11, 2021, 02:09:20 pm »

Here, have a begrudging Unvote...
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 11, 2021, 02:11:37 pm »

Hey all, sorry about disappearing this weekend. I can't really elaborate much, but there was a fatal incident Friday night that has taken up a lot of mental capacity, and my ability to sit and focus on games just hasn't been there this weekend. I'm going to try to catch up.

I'm fine, thanks. On the one hand, the thing didn't affect me directly per se, but it very much impacted an immediate family member, so it's more worrying about them than personally being in a bad spot. Just the whole situation sucks.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 11, 2021, 02:12:20 pm »

To be clear, my unvote is almost solely on ADK's word here.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 11, 2021, 02:18:07 pm »

Acknowledged. Again, I do mean to catch up soon.

Vote: MiX

Then why would you put me in E-1?

Town is in a really, really bad situation if I'm exiled. I can't stress it enough.
You'll need to elaborate to be persuasive.

Town needs to not be addicted to make people claim information that doesn't help town just because they scumread them.

What I'm saying is true. Ask ADK. You don't need to know more than that to make a decision. After all, I could be lying regardless of how much I elaborate, right?

See, I don't agree with this. Like in they hypothetical where you are lying scum, the more you elaborate and the more detailed your lies are, the more likely we are to find something that eventually contradicts that lie. So if a majority (or at least very nearly so) thinks you are scum / likely to be lying, it is in our best interest to get you to say as much as possible. Scum's biggest advantage normally (at least at game start) is their information gap. Town has to work to overcome that, often by acquiring more information. In general, getting more information into town's hands is better than withholding it, certain situations not withstanding. So if this is a situation where it's information that would help scum more than town, you can say that and try to convince us that is true, but that doesn't change that generally withholding info is anti-town.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 11, 2021, 03:04:46 pm »

Dr. Jeckyl and Mr MiX, a short story by scolapasta:

Would you, as either alignment, not answer that question? Why would you do that? Answering questions is fun and helpful which helps all alignments involved.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 11, 2021, 03:05:59 pm »

I'm fine, thanks. On the one hand, the thing didn't affect me directly per se, but it very much impacted an immediate family member, so it's more worrying about them than personally being in a bad spot. Just the whole situation sucks.

Agreed, sorry to hear. And directly or indirectly, I'm sure it sucks.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 11, 2021, 03:09:53 pm »

ADK, can you remind us why you wanted to be VP? It's become more clear than you're military. I know that my though process (and I read the same thing in Didd's lack of desire to be VP when MiX had asked) was being miltary and being unsure of the turning point, I was not interested. Especially with MiX as President, as his play style could easily lend him to getting brigged. (in fact, I think the only thing saving him right now from being brigged is the fact that he's the president)

So why is it you put your name in the running?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 11, 2021, 03:19:09 pm »

Would you, as either alignment, not answer that question? Why would you do that? Answering questions is fun and helpful which helps all alignments involved.

Bolded That For You.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 11, 2021, 03:29:27 pm »

Bolded That For You.

Bolded and italicized that for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 11, 2021, 04:39:27 pm »

I have information, accessible only to me, that makes me strongly believe mix is town

Do you specifically believe MiX is town, or just that he's not Cylon aligned?

I ask because not for the first time this game, the fact he's explicitly mentioning the possibility of third-party or traitor mechanics (see his recent criticism of Jack) makes me wonder what particular information he's got that makes him go into extra detail relating to those possibilities.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 11, 2021, 04:43:29 pm »

I don’t want their to be no exile situation again, and I’m fine with you dying. Sorry!

K. well at least Jack is reading the game. I do not have the brain power to try to convince people of Pasta with the time left. If we are gonna do a lurker, can we please at least do Robz over Jack?

Vote: Robz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 11, 2021, 04:50:50 pm »

Snip*

Especially with MiX as President, as his play style could easily lend him to getting brigged. (in fact, I think the only thing saving him right now from being brigged is the fact that he's the president)

The only thing that is
I simply do not believe that MiX as skum would put a play on the table that forces an exile.

Why not?

There are no skum deaths and no exiles. 2 Town flips. Why force a flip?
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 11, 2021, 05:52:19 pm »

I scumread MiX more than I believe ADK's claim. my vote stays
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 11, 2021, 06:08:27 pm »

I scumread MiX more than I believe ADK's claim. my vote stays

how do you read adk?
real good. That’s how

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 11, 2021, 08:25:55 pm »

ADK, can you remind us why you wanted to be VP? It's become more clear than you're military. I know that my though process (and I read the same thing in Didd's lack of desire to be VP when MiX had asked) was being miltary and being unsure of the turning point, I was not interested. Especially with MiX as President, as his play style could easily lend him to getting brigged. (in fact, I think the only thing saving him right now from being brigged is the fact that he's the president)

This is an entirely reasonable question! That I'm not going to answer
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 11, 2021, 08:26:19 pm »

Do you specifically believe MiX is town, or just that he's not Cylon aligned?

I ask because not for the first time this game, the fact he's explicitly mentioning the possibility of third-party or traitor mechanics (see his recent criticism of Jack) makes me wonder what particular information he's got that makes him go into extra detail relating to those possibilities.

I specifically believe he's town
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 11, 2021, 08:38:41 pm »

Why do you defy your own president's platform:

Answering questions is fun and helpful which helps all alignments involved.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 11, 2021, 11:09:03 pm »

To be clear, my unvote is almost solely on ADK's word here.

unvote

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 11, 2021, 11:11:33 pm »

Snip*

Especially with MiX as President, as his play style could easily lend him to getting brigged. (in fact, I think the only thing saving him right now from being brigged is the fact that he's the president)

The only thing that is
I simply do not believe that MiX as skum would put a play on the table that forces an exile.

Why not?

There are no skum deaths and no exiles. 2 Town flips. Why force a flip?

They still have to kill most of town.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 11, 2021, 11:15:09 pm »

{snipped a bunch of quotes} Like in they hypothetical where you are lying scum, the more you elaborate and the more detailed your lies are, the more likely we are to find something that eventually contradicts that lie. So if a majority (or at least very nearly so) thinks you are scum / likely to be lying, it is in our best interest to get you to say as much as possible. Scum's biggest advantage normally (at least at game start) is their information gap. Town has to work to overcome that, often by acquiring more information. In general, getting more information into town's hands is better than withholding it, certain situations not withstanding. So if this is a situation where it's information that would help scum more than town, you can say that and try to convince us that is true, but that doesn't change that generally withholding info is anti-town.

I agree with the principle of town needs information and elaboration does make a difference, even if the person is lying. But there are definitely many scenarios in which withholding information is pro-town.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 11, 2021, 11:16:04 pm »

Why do you defy your own president's platform:

Answering questions is fun and helpful which helps all alignments involved.

I was added to the ticket to appeal to heartland voters, we actually disagree on several key policy points
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.