Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 201062 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1175 on: April 10, 2021, 09:45:49 pm »

You're right it was more about tone (and maybe nonchalance) than the actual read of the XO. It might also be that it feels mildly scummy to want to answer that question, i.e trying to get some town points.

I'm really frustrated that this game is so fragmented. So, I have been trying to be more present and engaged today.  MiX asked a question...so I answered it. The benefit of which is that I understood what the XOs were, so I was pretty sure that MiX was reading the order for today wrong when he told us about his choice. I wasn't trying to look like town. I am town, and I thought it was helpful.

The order of this is off, though - you answered your opinions in 919, whereas MiX didn't reveal which XO he choose until 2 days RT later in 1024. Not sure if that's what you're saying here though.

I do get that town!Didds would try to be helpful, though. But can you agree that scum!Didds would try to appear helpful too?

You're right it was more about tone (and maybe nonchalance) than the actual read of the XO. It might also be that it feels mildly scummy to want to answer that question, i.e trying to get some town points.

I've read this interaction a lot and I still don't understand this: what question are you referring to?

What do people think of the current executive orders? How would you rank them, from most useful to least useful today?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 10, 2021, 09:47:23 pm »

Jack showing up and only voting does feel scummy though:

Vote: Jack

And then there's also Robz not showing up.

Vote: Robz

I could go for either of these too. If my vote counted.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 10, 2021, 09:49:55 pm »

Also, have we forgotten to think about the fact that someone tried to kill LL overnight? According to Swowl he protected him, but then who?

I don't see why Swowl would not just admit it (unless its because he targeted town) is it possible he targeted Awaclu with his compulsive vig, and that the scum target was actually LL? I guess that would make swowl likely town then.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 10, 2021, 10:20:47 pm »

@pasta...

Yes, the part you are quoting was before MiX told us the XO he chose. I’m saying that the reason I was quick to realize that he might not be interpreting it correctly when he finally filled us it was because I had read them carefully back when he had asked. I was saying that work had served us well.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 10, 2021, 10:56:19 pm »

@pasta...

Yes, the part you are quoting was before MiX told us the XO he chose. I’m saying that the reason I was quick to realize that he might not be interpreting it correctly when he finally filled us it was because I had read them carefully back when he had asked. I was saying that work had served us well.

OK. I had a feeling I had misunderstood there what you meant. Thanks for the clarification.

And please understand my read of of you trying to help is being scummy is partially based on that words game where you were scum and fooled me all the way to the end. i.e. I'll admit I have trouble differentiating between helpful town Didds and helpful scum Didds.

I do think we're best served by looking at those who haven't really posted much recently, - jack, Robz, EFHW, Dylan. Hence why I switched my vote.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 10, 2021, 11:22:31 pm »

This is a great post, but I'm not persuaded.

Here is a question (an I don’t have an answer)... do we want ADK to be the president? If MiX gets the boot today, they would get elevated.

Why not ADK? They can have greatness thrust upon them.

ADK has made it pretty clear they don't want to have to toss their powers at this point.
Oh, I see. And if MiX is scum? I guess we can look for other scum first. But I rarely get a MiX scumread.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 10, 2021, 11:25:38 pm »

Didds is being more analytical than usual. I think it's a good change - it helped me townread her on the last day of the last game.

I feel like we haven't heard much from Dylan. I need more data so I can learn to read him!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 11, 2021, 01:20:45 am »

This is a great post, but I'm not persuaded.

Here is a question (an I don’t have an answer)... do we want ADK to be the president? If MiX gets the boot today, they would get elevated.

Why not ADK? They can have greatness thrust upon them.

ADK has made it pretty clear they don't want to have to toss their powers at this point.
Oh, I see. And if MiX is scum? I guess we can look for other scum first. But I rarely get a MiX scumread.

I mean if mix is skum he would say the same thing because it deters people from wanting to lynch him that town read ADK. He would also say it as town though.

I simply do not believe that MiX as skum would put a play on the table that forces an exile.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 11, 2021, 07:34:45 am »

Didds is being more analytical than usual. I think it's a good change - it helped me townread her on the last day of the last game.

I feel like we haven't heard much from Dylan. I need more data so I can learn to read him!

Thank you! I’m trying!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 11, 2021, 08:10:17 am »

I've read this interaction a lot and I still don't understand this: what question are you referring to?

What do people think of the current executive orders? How would you rank them, from most useful to least useful today?

Thank you.

Would you, as either alignment, not answer that question? Why would you do that? Answering questions is fun and helpful which helps all alignments involved.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: April 11, 2021, 08:15:33 am »

Votes still count, if you bring someone to 7, chances are they're exiled.

Robz has actually been busy, whereas Jack is around enough to vote. Therefore Jack is scum. He's not even trying to read the thread anymore, that vote was just a kneejerk "I was voted therefore I must vote whoever voted me" which, sure, in a vacuum seems like something scum would never do, but the way Jack is playing is also not what a new!town person would do at all, town!Jack would never just sit back and OMGUS with quite literally no input. This is just lazy non-town play, most likely from an alignment that either doesn't know their partners, doesn't have partners, or whose partners don't know who they are.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 11, 2021, 10:36:33 am »

But isn't doing something different than usual a scum sign - as one doesn't quite know how to always "fake" it?

That said, I could also see this post as being a trap for someone like me to read it this way; allowing you to indirectly throw suspicion at WCD without getting your hands dirty.

Or are you saying she was also more analytical in the last game? If so, was that true just at the end when there were fewer players, or also early on?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 11, 2021, 10:41:44 am »

Thank you.

Would you, as either alignment, not answer that question? Why would you do that? Answering questions is fun and helpful which helps all alignments involved.

Says MiX who frequently doesn't answer questions and tries to sell it as "pro-town".

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 11, 2021, 10:53:30 am »

Votes still count, if you bring someone to 7, chances are they're exiled.

Robz has actually been busy, whereas Jack is around enough to vote. Therefore Jack is scum. He's not even trying to read the thread anymore, that vote was just a kneejerk "I was voted therefore I must vote whoever voted me" which, sure, in a vacuum seems like something scum would never do, but the way Jack is playing is also not what a new!town person would do at all, town!Jack would never just sit back and OMGUS with quite literally no input. This is just lazy non-town play, most likely from an alignment that either doesn't know their partners, doesn't have partners, or whose partners don't know who they are.

How do you know Robz has been busy? And Jack has been around enough to post, but maybe too busy to write long out posts like you and me. :)

I really don't know what Jack's style would be, it's possible he's just like this and just joined the game because he's a big BSG fan (his posts have definitely shown this).

That said, Jack seems to be the better wagon of the two right now and a better use of my vote.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 11, 2021, 12:08:52 pm »

Vote Count 3.6

scolapasta (1): Swowl
MiX (5): ashersky, Dylan32, EFHW, LaLight, Jack Rudd
Swowl (1): SpaceAnemone
Jack Rudd (4): MiX, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel, scolapasta

Not Voting (1): Robz888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 2 ends April 12, 2021, 08:30:00 am. This is in about 20 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 11, 2021, 12:22:24 pm »

ashersky, Dylan32 and Robz888 have been prodded.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 11, 2021, 12:25:43 pm »

Acknowledged. Again, I do mean to catch up soon.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 11, 2021, 12:26:42 pm »

Vote: MiX

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 11, 2021, 12:31:40 pm »

Then why would you put me in E-1?

Town is in a really, really bad situation if I'm exiled. I can't stress it enough.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 11, 2021, 12:33:16 pm »

I don’t want their to be no exile situation again, and I’m fine with you dying. Sorry!

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 11, 2021, 12:36:47 pm »

Hey all, sorry about disappearing this weekend. I can't really elaborate much, but there was a fatal incident Friday night that has taken up a lot of mental capacity, and my ability to sit and focus on games just hasn't been there this weekend. I'm going to try to catch up.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 11, 2021, 12:36:56 pm »

I don’t want their to be no exile situation again, and I’m fine with you dying. Sorry!

You really missed all the executive order talk? We can't no exile today, it's quite literally not an option.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 11, 2021, 01:52:50 pm »

But isn't doing something different than usual a scum sign - as one doesn't quite know how to always "fake" it?

That said, I could also see this post as being a trap for someone like me to read it this way; allowing you to indirectly throw suspicion at WCD without getting your hands dirty.

Or are you saying she was also more analytical in the last game? If so, was that true just at the end when there were fewer players, or also early on?

It was at the end. At first, I thought that meant she was scum and had discussed tactics overnight. But eventually I townread her and she was town.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 11, 2021, 01:56:44 pm »

I simply do not believe that MiX as skum would put a play on the table that forces an exile.

Why not?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 11, 2021, 01:57:53 pm »

Then why would you put me in E-1?

Town is in a really, really bad situation if I'm exiled. I can't stress it enough.
You'll need to elaborate to be persuasive.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.