Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 201253 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 3)
« Reply #1150 on: April 09, 2021, 10:32:12 pm »

I do have to admit I'm less engaed in this day trying to decide on voting, due to my "backup" vote. I've thought about it some more, and it's not even really a 1/2 vote, since even if all the military chose to vote for someone in possibly (likely) wouldn't matter.

But I do want to place my vote somewhere, so am going to go with:
Vote: space

I just find their posts to be less anemotown than usual. Like, they provide a lot of useful content, but it's mostly just recap of what's happened and repeating others' opinions. I think the most recent post, where they agreed a bunch with me felt just enough to think they might be trying to buddy me.

I'm also wary of swowl's supposed compulsive, then not compulsive shot, and then the weirdness of his killing / protective actions against LL. I'm really not sure how to interpret all that.

I still don't fully have my head in the game, but at least I've gotten my biggest blocker to engaging in the game out in the open now. (Possibly second-biggest after just not having coped well with this game starting before the previous one had ended).

I do find it mildly amusing that you ended your post with an "I'm also wary..." and then came to the same conclusion about Swowl that I ended my big recent post on, even though you apparently characterised my post as just "repeating others' opinions".

This raises an eyebrow. Is it just me, or is this scummy coming from Didds?

That's not me, MiXy.  Did you mean to quote something else?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 09, 2021, 10:55:19 pm »

Didds?

Haha. Oops.

Yeah we should probably exile scola. I was talking about his post.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 10, 2021, 12:07:13 am »

I do have to admit I'm less engaed in this day trying to decide on voting, due to my "backup" vote. I've thought about it some more, and it's not even really a 1/2 vote, since even if all the military chose to vote for someone in possibly (likely) wouldn't matter.

But I do want to place my vote somewhere, so am going to go with:
Vote: space

I just find their posts to be less anemotown than usual. Like, they provide a lot of useful content, but it's mostly just recap of what's happened and repeating others' opinions. I think the most recent post, where they agreed a bunch with me felt just enough to think they might be trying to buddy me.

I'm also wary of swowl's supposed compulsive, then not compulsive shot, and then the weirdness of his killing / protective actions against LL. I'm really not sure how to interpret all that.

I still don't fully have my head in the game, but at least I've gotten my biggest blocker to engaging in the game out in the open now. (Possibly second-biggest after just not having coped well with this game starting before the previous one had ended).

I do find it mildly amusing that you ended your post with an "I'm also wary..." and then came to the same conclusion about Swowl that I ended my big recent post on, even though you apparently characterised my post as just "repeating others' opinions".

Let's see - this is what you wrote:

Weird compulsive-vig-protection thing that doesn't quite seem to line up with LL's claims.

Which is pretty much what people were talking about in the early day posts (~the 960s). At least that's how I read all the grilling about what happened, what kinds of powers LL detected, etc.

That qualified as "repeating others' opinions" to me.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 10, 2021, 12:12:57 am »

In going back to find the #s I mentioned in the previous post, I did reread something I had missed. Could this be possible scumslip?

... while the military police force would get us some results but the caveat that military are undetectable means we probably wouldn’t get a result on scum.

I mean, there's a probable in there, but why assume scum are military? (and note Didds has claimed she's military)

Vote: WCD
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 10, 2021, 01:57:31 am »

In going back to find the #s I mentioned in the previous post, I did reread something I had missed. Could this be possible scumslip?

... while the military police force would get us some results but the caveat that military are undetectable means we probably wouldn’t get a result on scum.

I mean, there's a probable in there, but why assume scum are military? (and note Didds has claimed she's military)

Have a thought. but would love to hear WCD first.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: April 10, 2021, 08:42:14 am »

I’m assuming some of the scum are military and some are civilian. Assuming that the team is 2 or 3 people, and they can choose who takes the shot.... they would have military do the shooting because they are the undetectable ones. So, the results would be interesting, but probably wouldn’t help us isolate the scum team as much as other action-takers.

That just makes sense, right?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 10, 2021, 08:53:04 am »

I’m assuming some of the scum are military and some are civilian. Assuming that the team is 2 or 3 people, and they can choose who takes the shot.... they would have military do the shooting because they are the undetectable ones. So, the results would be interesting, but probably wouldn’t help us isolate the scum team as much as other action-takers.

Yes.

We can vote scola now, right? I'll go reread him and make a case, even if part of why I feel like doing this is self-preservation.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 10, 2021, 09:21:43 am »

Here's my "Scola Reread, with Great Bias towards him being Scum"

D1 he starts by (after some flavor talk) pushing and voting math.

But I will add, mathdude raises some suspicion for me:

• did seem somewhat defensive and sarcastic about it; and I agree with ash that seems like it could be a tell.
• asked about why would he want a chat with a fellow scum, leaving out the fact that this is a day chat and scum chat is usually a night only thing (at least in my limited experience; that one game I was scum, we had day chat and everyone seemed to treat it like it was a special cookie)
• (least strong) this quote below. Based on my theory above, I would have maybe expected something mentioning the fact that someone had already used the term.

I'm just going on the assumption that mafia is cylon-aligned, based on them being opposite species here. Doesn't that make sense?

But then if he were scum, could Mix also be scum?

Meh, I never know how to read MiX. But Ithink this is all enough for an initial vote for:

Vote: mathdude

This is his case. Not scummy, not townie either.

Then he follows up on this with more posts about math being scum. The only one that pops out to me is

To all those who are saying we should not exile mathdude, is it just because he's president? or are there other reasons?

But I can see town!scola say this as much as scum!scola, really.

I don't think scola is scum anymore. Also, he's posted too much for me to want to kill him.

Vote: Jack, no content, I don't expect Jack to start playing the game before Season 2.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 10, 2021, 09:35:30 am »

I don’t think Scola is scummy. I think he is legit trying to read and bring us together. He gets it wrong sometimes, but I’m okay with that.

I agree that we need more from Jack. I’ve tried drawing him out, and he answers questions, but we’re not learning much from him. Plus, it’s D3.

My vote doesn’t count, though. :/  regardless, vote: Jack

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 10, 2021, 11:06:38 am »

Vote Count 3.5

scolapasta (1): Swowl
Robz888 (1): A Drowned Kernel
MiX (4): ashersky, Dylan32, EFHW, LaLight
Swowl (1): SpaceAnemone
WestCoastDidds (1): scolapasta
Jack Rudd (2): MiX, WestCoastDidds

Not Voting (2): Jack Rudd, Robz888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 2 ends April 12, 2021, 08:30:00 am. This is in about 45 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 10, 2021, 11:12:08 am »

This is a great post, but I'm not persuaded.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 10, 2021, 11:37:56 am »

Here is a question (an I don’t have an answer)... do we want ADK to be the president? If MiX gets the boot today, they would get elevated.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 10, 2021, 11:43:39 am »

Here is a question (an I don’t have an answer)... do we want ADK to be the president? If MiX gets the boot today, they would get elevated.

No, we do not.

Yes, I do understand that it doesn't make much sense coming from me, but I'm the one with a QT with ADK, and they've confirmed they'd rather have me president publicly.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 10, 2021, 12:51:03 pm »

Who would you appoint to VP next?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 10, 2021, 01:16:54 pm »

Who would you appoint to VP next?

Ashersky.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 10, 2021, 01:38:09 pm »

Vote: MiX
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 10, 2021, 02:04:45 pm »

Vote: Jack Rudd
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 10, 2021, 03:51:47 pm »

It could make some sense, but it just feels a tad enough strong to be more than just an assumption. Like I said, if you were civilian, it probably won't have pinged any alarms, but for the the fact that you're claimed military.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 10, 2021, 04:31:15 pm »

It could make some sense, but it just feels a tad enough strong to be more than just an assumption. Like I said, if you were civilian, it probably won't have pinged any alarms, but for the the fact that you're claimed military.

Okay... then there is nothing for me to say if this about perceived tone. I don’t know who scum are aligned with, but I’d assume they are split. I know who some military are but I’m townreading them. When Mixed asked for XO input, I went through the possible orders, thought about their utility and wrote it down. The drawback to that one is that there is a better than good chance we don’t catch scum with the power. I think that’s right and it the drawback to that XO. I say that is the drawback to the XO with a good of certainty because this seems like an easy observation to me. That seems more informational than scummy from where I sit.

What would conclude about the order? Where is my read flawed?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 10, 2021, 05:13:56 pm »

Why not ADK? They can have greatness thrust upon them.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: April 10, 2021, 05:28:18 pm »

I will attempt to catch up later today.

How about today?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 10, 2021, 05:30:27 pm »

Okay... then there is nothing for me to say if this about perceived tone. I don’t know who scum are aligned with, but I’d assume they are split. I know who some military are but I’m townreading them. When Mixed asked for XO input, I went through the possible orders, thought about their utility and wrote it down. The drawback to that one is that there is a better than good chance we don’t catch scum with the power. I think that’s right and it the drawback to that XO. I say that is the drawback to the XO with a good of certainty because this seems like an easy observation to me. That seems more informational than scummy from where I sit.

What would conclude about the order? Where is my read flawed?

You're right it was more about tone (and maybe nonchalance) than the actual read of the XO. It might also be that it feels mildly scummy to want to answer that question, i.e trying to get some town points.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 10, 2021, 06:23:45 pm »

You're right it was more about tone (and maybe nonchalance) than the actual read of the XO. It might also be that it feels mildly scummy to want to answer that question, i.e trying to get some town points.

I'm really frustrated that this game is so fragmented. So, I have been trying to be more present and engaged today.  MiX asked a question...so I answered it. The benefit of which is that I understood what the XOs were, so I was pretty sure that MiX was reading the order for today wrong when he told us about his choice. I wasn't trying to look like town. I am town, and I thought it was helpful.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 10, 2021, 07:09:47 pm »

Why not ADK? They can have greatness thrust upon them.

ADK has made it pretty clear they don't want to have to toss their powers at this point.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 10, 2021, 07:28:06 pm »

I've read this interaction a lot and I still don't understand this: what question are you referring to?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.