Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 201206 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 2)
« Reply #850 on: April 02, 2021, 12:27:03 pm »

If two players who don't have neighborhood-style powers end up in a neighborhood with each other and neither player owns up to making that happen, I think one of the is probably mafia.

Do you think that one of them is lying about not creating the neighborhood? What would be the purpose of that?

To hide being mafia.

I'm thinking of the role where one mafia and one town are in a neighborhood and if the mafia dies, so does the town player.  yuma and I used it in the Modern Community game.  Can't recall the name right now.

I don't think "can make a neighborhood with another player" is an ability that's more likely to be a scum role than a town role, and I wouldn't assume most other players would think that either. RMM offers so many opportunities to get caught in a lie that I can't imagine scum would lie about something like that for little to no benefit

If town had such an ability, they would target themselves and claim to that person. Besides, why pick LL and scola? I think it's more likely that LL and scola are connected by flavor; or that someone that either does not have a choice or is not playing for town made the QT.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 02, 2021, 12:28:58 pm »

I'm way, way behind and may not catch up before deadline... where should my vote be?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 02, 2021, 12:31:15 pm »

I'm way, way behind and may not catch up before deadline... where should my vote be?

Awacluscolapasta, probably. At least I like the "conflict" they're in and feel like flipping one of them.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #854 on: April 02, 2021, 12:49:38 pm »

It should be on scolapasta, he's trying to push exiles on people he doesn't think are scum and preparing to set up more misexiles in the future.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: April 02, 2021, 12:52:51 pm »

Man, you're like a dog with a bone.

But, no, I've never actually said I had a very strong read on you. My vote is due to a somewhat scum read based on the convenience of lots you've posted, the fact that you're a likely Cylon and my theory that one of you or ash has or will turn on us, and the fact that my other reads on people have been mostly town.

But go ahead and keep twisting what I've posted somehow.

And I have never claimed that you have said so. On the contrary, from the get-go, you've been setting up the misexile with the least possible repercussions for yourself: first me, then ash, then me again, and at no point have you claimed to have all that much of a scum read on anyone. It's very convenient, you get to push misexiles through without having to go through the trouble of coming up with flaws in townies' town narratives, without having to bear the responsibility of having been wrong about someone's alignment — if ash had gotten exiled and flipped town when you were voting for him while claiming to town-read him at the same time, that would have been exactly the outcome that you were claiming to expect to begin with and you would have owed an explanation to nobody.

It didn't work with ash because nobody else was interested in it, so now you're trying to do the same with me again. I'm a bit worse than ash for you because you can't quite get away with claiming a town read on me while voting for me, but you're going impressively far with these absolute nonsense theories about Cylons to give yourself an excuse to vote while taking only the bare minimum of a stance on my actual playing.

This is clever - you may have never specifically claimed I said so (so I can't directly quote), but you've have strongly implied it with all your posts about my backpedaling my suspicions and setting up misexiles. Whereas you ignore the more obvious, of course I don't know for sure you're scum. To be fair, you're dogged accusation of me also give me pause, as I'm not sure how you'll sell that tomorrow, if you succeed in brigging me today. But when I weigh everything together, I still think you're more likely to have chosen scum than not (assuming you weren't just always scum).

Why didn't you do any action last night?

For good reasons that I'm sure you and your team would love to know.
[/quote]

No, just that since we didn't agree to any such plan, it feels like a missed opportunity to learn / do something. I mean you can't even use the strategy of letting people assume you learned something about me last night as part of your "SUPER STRONG NO WAY I CAN'T BE WRONG JUST TRUST ME EVEN THOUGH I'M A CYLON" case.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 02, 2021, 12:54:30 pm »

Awacluscolapasta

Hey! Why do you get the "S"? It's "scolapasta", not "cola"+"pasta". Clearly stealing my S is the last piece of evidence I need to prove my case. :)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 02, 2021, 12:55:53 pm »

Man, you're like a dog with a bone.

But, no, I've never actually said I had a very strong read on you. My vote is due to a somewhat scum read based on the convenience of lots you've posted, the fact that you're a likely Cylon and my theory that one of you or ash has or will turn on us, and the fact that my other reads on people have been mostly town.

But go ahead and keep twisting what I've posted somehow.

And I have never claimed that you have said so. On the contrary, from the get-go, you've been setting up the misexile with the least possible repercussions for yourself: first me, then ash, then me again, and at no point have you claimed to have all that much of a scum read on anyone. It's very convenient, you get to push misexiles through without having to go through the trouble of coming up with flaws in townies' town narratives, without having to bear the responsibility of having been wrong about someone's alignment — if ash had gotten exiled and flipped town when you were voting for him while claiming to town-read him at the same time, that would have been exactly the outcome that you were claiming to expect to begin with and you would have owed an explanation to nobody.

It didn't work with ash because nobody else was interested in it, so now you're trying to do the same with me again. I'm a bit worse than ash for you because you can't quite get away with claiming a town read on me while voting for me, but you're going impressively far with these absolute nonsense theories about Cylons to give yourself an excuse to vote while taking only the bare minimum of a stance on my actual playing.

This is clever - you may have never specifically claimed I said so (so I can't directly quote), but you've have strongly implied it with all your posts about my backpedaling my suspicions and setting up misexiles. Whereas you ignore the more obvious, of course I don't know for sure you're scum. To be fair, you're dogged accusation of me also give me pause, as I'm not sure how you'll sell that tomorrow, if you succeed in brigging me today. But when I weigh everything together, I still think you're more likely to have chosen scum than not (assuming you weren't just always scum).

Quote from: Awaclus
Why didn't you do any action last night?

For good reasons that I'm sure you and your team would love to know.

No, just that since we didn't agree to any such plan, it feels like a missed opportunity to learn / do something. I mean you can't even use the strategy of letting people assume you learned something about me last night as part of your "SUPER STRONG NO WAY I CAN'T BE WRONG JUST TRUST ME EVEN THOUGH I'M A CYLON" case.

Wait wait wait, when did Awaclus become a cylon?

Awacluscolapasta

Hey! Why do you get the "S"? It's "scolapasta", not "cola"+"pasta". Clearly stealing my S is the last piece of evidence I need to prove my case. :)

What's an Awaclu?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 02, 2021, 01:00:26 pm »

If two players who don't have neighborhood-style powers end up in a neighborhood with each other and neither player owns up to making that happen, I think one of the is probably mafia.

Do you think that one of them is lying about not creating the neighborhood? What would be the purpose of that?

To hide being mafia.

I'm thinking of the role where one mafia and one town are in a neighborhood and if the mafia dies, so does the town player.  yuma and I used it in the Modern Community game.  Can't recall the name right now.

I don't think "can make a neighborhood with another player" is an ability that's more likely to be a scum role than a town role, and I wouldn't assume most other players would think that either. RMM offers so many opportunities to get caught in a lie that I can't imagine scum would lie about something like that for little to no benefit

If town had such an ability, they would target themselves and claim to that person. Besides, why pick LL and scola? I think it's more likely that LL and scola are connected by flavor; or that someone that either does not have a choice or is not playing for town made the QT.

This is interesting, the flavor idea. I want to say more, but before I do, I'd like LaLight's approval. LL, is it OK if I post more about why we thought what we thought?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 02, 2021, 01:14:15 pm »

To hide being mafia.

This is interesting, the flavor idea. I want to say more, but before I do, I'd like LaLight's approval. LL, is it OK if I post more about why we thought what we thought?

given that i talked about hood without consulting you, go ahead :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 02, 2021, 01:28:42 pm »

To hide being mafia.

given that i talked about hood without consulting you, go ahead :)

Thanks, LL.

Basically, the reason we suspected it may have been scum who had given us the neighborhood, is because we know (well, LL claimed) that he was targeted by a Cylon, either on N0 or D1. And as MiX said, if this had been from town, why us?

Do either Ash or Awaclus want to claim responsibility?

I did also suggest in the QT that it was due to flavor, as LL and I told each other our characters, and it could fit. But the being targeted seemed suspicious.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #861 on: April 02, 2021, 01:35:31 pm »

This is clever - you may have never specifically claimed I said so (so I can't directly quote), but you've have strongly implied it with all your posts about my backpedaling my suspicions and setting up misexiles.

And because you assumed wrong, you kept doing the scummy thing. This is one of the reasons why it's not a great idea to reveal your reasons as soon as you have any.

Whereas you ignore the more obvious, of course I don't know for sure you're scum.

I haven't ignored that. I totally agree, you don't know for sure I'm scum. You know for sure I'm town.

Here are some possible answers:
  • I forgot to send in my actions, missed the deadline (perhaps because of DST), or mistakenly thought I had already sent them
  • I don't have any night action abilities
  • All of my night actions are x-shot and this was not the best time to be using them
  • All of my night actions are of questionable utility and it didn't seem like it would benefit town to use any of them
  • All of my night actions are situational and couldn't be used last night because the criteria weren't met
  • I didn't want to be hated

The real answer could be one of those, a combination of them, or something more complicated that I didn't even put on the list because doing so would have made it obvious that was the thing. Who knows? Anyway, it's pretty obvious how it would benefit scum to know the answer, which is why I'm not revealing it, and incidentally also why you're asking it.

It's unfortunate that we have the hated thing, I have no choice but to admit that I did not cop you last night. It's pretty interesting that you would be worried about such a possibility, though.

I have not claimed to be a Cylon, and scola shouldn't know that unless he has some insider info from e.g. having activated the event on D1.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #862 on: April 02, 2021, 01:37:58 pm »

Basically, the reason we suspected it may have been scum who had given us the neighborhood, is because we know (well, LL claimed) that he was targeted by a Cylon, either on N0 or D1. And as MiX said, if this had been from town, why us?

I did not create that neighborhood.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 02, 2021, 02:01:21 pm »

I have not claimed to be a Cylon, and scola shouldn't know that unless he has some insider info from e.g. having activated the event on D1.

OK, I think i have to stop trying to defend myself - there seems to be little point. I have posted several times I believe you are a Cylon based on the big D1 event of your incapacitating our president. That only makes flavor sense to me if you're a Cylon.

It also could be possible that I know you a Cylon due to a PR. Note I am not claiming that, though i have claimed that I did perform 1 action last night.

Pasta is scum, I don't think that's a pretty minor thing.

So by your own argument, you would only know this if you are scum (ironically, making us both scum, ha!).

I did not create that neighborhood.

Interesting. Notice the answer doesn't include "I'm not a Cylon" (as that part of the premise of the question), just a claim that he didn't create the neighborhood.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #864 on: April 02, 2021, 02:03:42 pm »

Interesting. Notice the answer doesn't include "I'm not a Cylon" (as that part of the premise of the question), just a claim that he didn't create the neighborhood.

I don't think that's very interesting:

By default, players are unaware of their species.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 02, 2021, 02:13:50 pm »

Do you know if you're a Human or a Cylon?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #866 on: April 02, 2021, 02:14:16 pm »

Do you know if you're a Human or a Cylon?

No.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 02, 2021, 02:53:15 pm »

To hide being mafia.

Right, but what ash is positing is that one of ash or LL is scum, created the neighborhood, and then decided to lie about that fact
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 02, 2021, 03:02:47 pm »

To hide being mafia.

Right, but what ash is positing is that one of ash or LL is scum, created the neighborhood, and then decided to lie about that fact

I think you mean me or LL.

Was that example from before a 1 night or more permanent neighborhood. Ours was only for open N1.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 02, 2021, 03:40:13 pm »

Sorry, it was my anniversary yesterday and I have not had time since the night before last to keep up.... so I am kind of speed reading here but lemme make sure I have a few things correct....

1. LL/Pasta have a hood together.
 - ya'll have claimed flavor to one and other
 - neither of you created the hood, or claimed that at least
 - it is currently thought that LL being targeted on N0/D1 was the action that created the hood

Question 1 - LL when you say you did not create the thread, does that mean that the cylon action that targeted you was not like a "target a player" choice you were given?
Question 2 - probably been answered.... when did your hood open?

2. Awaclus v Pasta
 - Awaclus claimed no night actions last night, and was not willing to give a reason for pasta vote (because awaclus, ok fine). We can deduce from that they have no results on pasta. I was kind of reading awaclus pov up until the recent no action claim as they potentially had a result. Without that on the table, I am a little less confident on pasta being skum... but I have had a small SR on them anyways so still an ok exile I suppose.
- However, I am pretty certain awaclus would not create the 1v1 and soooooooo far into it then decide to remove the backdoor "look I have been crumbing a result" concept. I already had been vocal about Awaclus being a TR for me, but just so that point is out there for people to consider.

Question - Pasta, why specifically Ash/Awaclus on the hood creation question?

PPE - ignore question 2
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: April 02, 2021, 03:40:46 pm »

wait your thread closed end of N1?
were you aware of it's timeline when it opened?
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #871 on: April 02, 2021, 04:11:02 pm »

We can deduce from that they have no results on pasta.

I'm not saying I have results on pasta, but we can't deduce that. Day actions are likely to exist in this game if we can trust LL's claim (or rather, scolapasta's description of it, but as much as he is scum, I don't think there's any reason for him to lie about this):

we know (well, LL claimed) that he was targeted by a Cylon, either on N0 or D1.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 02, 2021, 04:19:08 pm »

aright fair enough.
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 02, 2021, 04:19:38 pm »

I don't know what was the action. I know i was targeted by a cylon on Day 1 and that's it. I assumed it was creatin a neighbourhood thing

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 02, 2021, 04:20:15 pm »

We can deduce from that they have no results on pasta.

I'm not saying I have results on pasta, but we can't deduce that. Day actions are likely to exist in this game if we can trust LL's claim (or rather, scolapasta's description of it, but as much as he is scum, I don't think there's any reason for him to lie about this):

we know (well, LL claimed) that he was targeted by a Cylon, either on N0 or D1.

so fat scola didn't claim anything wrong

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 20 queries.