Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 201247 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 2)
« Reply #825 on: April 01, 2021, 10:11:38 am »

I'm not sure how much we can trust your weak reason to trust pasta.

I would say as much as you can trust the Cylon machine :)

I mean, well, ok. Me and pasta had a neighbourhood throughout the Night 1. There wasn't really anything that could point at them being town, but the general felling I got was that they are one.

Was the two of you getting a neighborhood the result of a desicion either of you made?

actually no, funny you asked
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #826 on: April 01, 2021, 10:14:47 am »

Oh, LaLi, just when I think we are making progress toward building trust.... Alas.

Didds, I would like to say that in no way I was making this case because I have anything against you personally, you're a wonderful human being I am happy I know. Sometimes I can choose words poorly due to my somewhat poor knowledge of emotional background of some words - say, backpedaling as a word doesn't have any bad connotation tied to it, and I am sorry if something comes out even a little bit rude, this is not something I ever want to work towards.

This case is based on my feelings, and the most of it is that I usually never scumread you but in this case I have these vibes and I try to tie something of value to them. This is how I usually build cases.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 01, 2021, 10:17:12 am »

<Didds case>

Vote: LaLight

Sure, go ahead.

I mean, well, ok. Me and pasta had a neighbourhood throughout the Night 1. There wasn't really anything that could point at them being town, but the general felling I got was that they are one.

It would make a lot of sense if one of you were scum!

PPE 1

No, because as said above none of us actually made that neighbourhood. I mean I didn't do it and scola claims they didn't, I am inclined to believe them, just because i got that feeling they were surprised as much as I was.

I was actually thinking someone made this neighbourhood for us so we both would suspect each other and that's why I don't want to suspect them. I know, WIFOM exists, but still.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 01, 2021, 11:09:42 am »

MiX voted for a bunch of people, ADK and I voted for pasta, Robz voted for ADK (which was not a great vote but whatever), etc.

How is Mix voting for a bunch of people useful? He does this every game and you usually can't sue that to get a good read on him as he will vote town and scum as both town and scum.

...and also there are more than a couple of folks in this game who do not enjoy my fluffy fluff. I really do try not to annoy anyone on purpose.

I find it annoying when you don't post fluffy fluff. So there! :)

I did earlier mention WCD as someone who's post seemed more mechanical than usual. So LL, you're not the only one. I'll have to noodle over her explanation of it. Interesting that two people have now used a 2nd game for justifying there light posting (EFHW was the other one).

OK, I do see how you can take these and read them the way you're reading them. I blame it on my quick posting, so let me be try to be clearer.

Scum has to be deceptive to win. Therefore they can't just tell the truth about everything ("hey! look at me, I'm scum") so when they post they have to parse carefully in order to keep a consistent story. This is risky as the more they say, the more they can be caught in an inconsistency. The alternative is to just post less. Put less out there and there is less to catch you on.

Town doesn't have to be so careful. They should generally be telling the truth about everything, so can just post freely without having to double and triple check things. That's what I meant by being able to play it safe.  Of course town shouldn't post everything they know, but that's different from having to check their consistency.

It's funny how the ideal strategy for scum and town just keeps changing depending on who you're trying to paint as the exile target.

Just stating they keep changing doesn't actually mean they keep changing. Another case where you drop the line of suspicion out there without any justification. Hopefully others will read fully what I wrote and not just your conclusion.

No, because as said above none of us actually made that neighbourhood. I mean I didn't do it and scola claims they didn't, I am inclined to believe them, just because i got that feeling they were surprised as much as I was.

I was actually thinking someone made this neighbourhood for us so we both would suspect each other and that's why I don't want to suspect them. I know, WIFOM exists, but still.

Yeah, I'll agree that LL's confusion of the neighborhood seemed genuine enough to me that I also don't believe either one of us made it. I'm willing to reveal one more thing about the neighborhood - we know a Cylon created it. I didn't want to say it earlier, because I wasn't sure that LL wanted us to yet reveal we even had the neighborhood, but it's part of the reason I am more suspicious of the currently "known" Cylons.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #829 on: April 01, 2021, 11:33:58 am »

How is Mix voting for a bunch of people useful? He does this every game and you usually can't sue that to get a good read on him as he will vote town and scum as both town and scum.

It helps the game move on.

Just stating they keep changing doesn't actually mean they keep changing. Another case where you drop the line of suspicion out there without any justification. Hopefully others will read fully what I wrote and not just your conclusion.

Sure, I don't have a problem with others fully reading your posts where you're trying to fit two contradictory statements into a consistent narrative afterhand. That's not what my case on you relies on, anyway.

Yeah, I'll agree that LL's confusion of the neighborhood seemed genuine enough to me that I also don't believe either one of us made it. I'm willing to reveal one more thing about the neighborhood - we know a Cylon created it. I didn't want to say it earlier, because I wasn't sure that LL wanted us to yet reveal we even had the neighborhood, but it's part of the reason I am more suspicious of the currently "known" Cylons.

This makes no sense. If you're going to assume that whoever created the neighborhood is scum, why would you be worried about revealing the fact that you were in one? If scum created it, scum knows already. On the other hand, if you're not going to assume that, there's no reason to be suspicious of anyone who is somewhat more likely than average to have created it simply on that basis.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #830 on: April 01, 2021, 11:39:20 am »

FWIW, which of the following statements are true:

1) You know that a player whose character is a Cylon used an ability or took another action in the game targeting the two of you to create the neighborhood
2) You know that a character played by a player created the neighborhood (but the player didn't necessarily choose to do so, like how my character killed mathdude)
3) You know that the neighborhood was created by a Cylon (but that Cylon is not guaranteed to be a character played by a player in the game, but could instead just be a flavor thing)
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #831 on: April 01, 2021, 11:41:08 am »

1.5) You know that a player whose character is a Cylon used an ability or took another action in the game to create the neighborhood (but didn't necessarily get to choose who would be in it)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 01, 2021, 12:03:23 pm »

Apologies, "Know" was too strong a word to use; I should've said "suspect". That's all I want to add right now.

I'm pretty sure at this point Awaclus,  if you are actually town, you are just reading into everything I write and having confirmation bias. Honestly, the same thing is happening when I read what you write, but I'm trying to take a step back and question my assumptions.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #833 on: April 01, 2021, 12:04:53 pm »

Oh, LaLi, just when I think we are making progress toward building trust.... Alas.

Didds, I would like to say that in no way I was making this case because I have anything against you personally, you're a wonderful human being I am happy I know. Sometimes I can choose words poorly due to my somewhat poor knowledge of emotional background of some words - say, backpedaling as a word doesn't have any bad connotation tied to it, and I am sorry if something comes out even a little bit rude, this is not something I ever want to work towards.

This case is based on my feelings, and the most of it is that I usually never scumread you but in this case I have these vibes and I try to tie something of value to them. This is how I usually build cases.

We are For Real Friends.  I know this.  No worries about game play.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 01, 2021, 12:10:14 pm »

...and also there are more than a couple of folks in this game who do not enjoy my fluffy fluff. I really do try not to annoy anyone on purpose.

I find it annoying when you don't post fluffy fluff. So there! :)

I did earlier mention WCD as someone who's post seemed more mechanical than usual. So LL, you're not the only one. I'll have to noodle over her explanation of it. Interesting that two people have now used a 2nd game for justifying there light posting (EFHW was the other one).

I can verify that EFHW is similarly distracted.  Dylan and Space, too.  I have been trying not to call them out too much because I know we are all juggling a bit right now.

Work and game and game... the something that is suffering is my attention in this one. Plus there was a ton of set-up talk that is just not my jam.

Here's some fluffy fluff for you...  I am making a chickpea curry right now and my house smells amazing.  Y'all should all come over for dinner.  Also, this the LAST WEEKEND that you will be able to get Cadbury mini eggs for a whole year.  They are my favorite and I am wistful about the absence in advance.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 01, 2021, 12:23:50 pm »

Mmm, chick pea curry.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 01, 2021, 01:22:15 pm »

<Didds case>

Vote: LaLight

Sure, go ahead.

It would make a lot of sense if one of you were scum!

PPE 1

Do you know whether it was made by player action or not? Why would putting two people in a neighborhood together make them suspect each other?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #837 on: April 01, 2021, 01:30:16 pm »

Honestly, the same thing is happening when I read what you write, but I'm trying to take a step back and question my assumptions.

That's because you know I'm town, so you're already setting up room to say "well I didn't really have a very strong scum read on him anyway" after I get exiled and flip town, to avoid any responsibility.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 01, 2021, 03:47:39 pm »

Honestly, the same thing is happening when I read what you write, but I'm trying to take a step back and question my assumptions.

That's because you know I'm town, so you're already setting up room to say "well I didn't really have a very strong scum read on him anyway" after I get exiled and flip town, to avoid any responsibility.

Man, you're like a dog with a bone.

But, no, I've never actually said I had a very strong read on you. My vote is due to a somewhat scum read based on the convenience of lots you've posted, the fact that you're a likely Cylon and my theory that one of you or ash has or will turn on us, and the fact that my other reads on people have been mostly town.

But go ahead and keep twisting what I've posted somehow.

Why didn't you do any action last night?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #839 on: April 01, 2021, 04:40:46 pm »

Man, you're like a dog with a bone.

But, no, I've never actually said I had a very strong read on you. My vote is due to a somewhat scum read based on the convenience of lots you've posted, the fact that you're a likely Cylon and my theory that one of you or ash has or will turn on us, and the fact that my other reads on people have been mostly town.

But go ahead and keep twisting what I've posted somehow.

And I have never claimed that you have said so. On the contrary, from the get-go, you've been setting up the misexile with the least possible repercussions for yourself: first me, then ash, then me again, and at no point have you claimed to have all that much of a scum read on anyone. It's very convenient, you get to push misexiles through without having to go through the trouble of coming up with flaws in townies' town narratives, without having to bear the responsibility of having been wrong about someone's alignment — if ash had gotten exiled and flipped town when you were voting for him while claiming to town-read him at the same time, that would have been exactly the outcome that you were claiming to expect to begin with and you would have owed an explanation to nobody.

It didn't work with ash because nobody else was interested in it, so now you're trying to do the same with me again. I'm a bit worse than ash for you because you can't quite get away with claiming a town read on me while voting for me, but you're going impressively far with these absolute nonsense theories about Cylons to give yourself an excuse to vote while taking only the bare minimum of a stance on my actual playing.

Why didn't you do any action last night?

For good reasons that I'm sure you and your team would love to know.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: April 01, 2021, 07:20:40 pm »

I can verify that EFHW is similarly distracted.  Dylan and Space, too.  I have been trying not to call them out too much because I know we are all juggling a bit right now.

Work and game and game... the something that is suffering is my attention in this one. Plus there was a ton of set-up talk that is just not my jam.

Yes, very much this on the juggling front. And set-up talk is something I enjoy, so I've been able to dip in a bit there, but not a lot. Too much of the rest of the content seems just to be pairs of people disagreeing over pretty minor things that I haven't felt engaged enough with work out what I think.

Here's some fluffy fluff for you...  I am making a chickpea curry right now and my house smells amazing.  Y'all should all come over for dinner.  Also, this the LAST WEEKEND that you will be able to get Cadbury mini eggs for a whole year.  They are my favorite and I am wistful about the absence in advance.

You could presumably just buy up a year's supply, though, right? I discovered back in 2020 that I really love hot cross buns. I think it was something to do with having found a nice vegan butter substitute and finally being able to have buttered toasted hot cross buns for the first time in a couple of decades. Now they're about to vanish from the shops again, and they're only good for a couple of days after purchasing, so I can't even stock up :-P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 01, 2021, 09:51:35 pm »

Could you freeze them and reheat??

Also, I’ve never had a hot cross bun do put that on the list of things you can one day show me

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 02, 2021, 12:23:57 am »

If two players who don't have neighborhood-style powers end up in a neighborhood with each other and neither player owns up to making that happen, I think one of the is probably mafia.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 02, 2021, 01:36:06 am »

If two players who don't have neighborhood-style powers end up in a neighborhood with each other and neither player owns up to making that happen, I think one of the is probably mafia.

Do you think that one of them is lying about not creating the neighborhood? What would be the purpose of that?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #844 on: April 02, 2021, 05:29:17 am »

Yes, very much this on the juggling front. And set-up talk is something I enjoy, so I've been able to dip in a bit there, but not a lot. Too much of the rest of the content seems just to be pairs of people disagreeing over pretty minor things that I haven't felt engaged enough with work out what I think.

Pasta is scum, I don't think that's a pretty minor thing.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 02, 2021, 09:05:17 am »

Wasn’t there a RMM game recently-ish where someone could put other people in a neighborhood as one of their actions? It’s seems like it, but I can’t quite grab the memory. Archetype game, maybe?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 02, 2021, 09:12:11 am »

Vote Count 2.6

ashersky (1): ashersky
scolapasta (3): Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel, Swowl
A Drowned Kernel (1): Robz888
Awaclus (2): scolapasta, MiX

Not Voting (6): Jack Rudd, SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, EFHW, LaLight, Dylan32

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 2 ends April 03, 2021, 06:00:00 am. This is in less than 24 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #847 on: April 02, 2021, 09:39:25 am »

LALL

Let's All exiLe scoLapasta

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 02, 2021, 10:07:23 am »

Do you think that one of them is lying about not creating the neighborhood? What would be the purpose of that?

To hide being mafia.

I'm thinking of the role where one mafia and one town are in a neighborhood and if the mafia dies, so does the town player.  yuma and I used it in the Modern Community game.  Can't recall the name right now.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 02, 2021, 10:18:02 am »

To hide being mafia.

I'm thinking of the role where one mafia and one town are in a neighborhood and if the mafia dies, so does the town player.  yuma and I used it in the Modern Community game.  Can't recall the name right now.

I don't think "can make a neighborhood with another player" is an ability that's more likely to be a scum role than a town role, and I wouldn't assume most other players would think that either. RMM offers so many opportunities to get caught in a lie that I can't imagine scum would lie about something like that for little to no benefit
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.