Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200665 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: March 23, 2021, 10:31:04 am »

Also,

vote: Dylan

His VLA was supposedly over the this weekend, yet he's still been very absent. Let's here what you (and other lurkers) think about the events of last night.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 23, 2021, 11:24:28 am »

Vote Count 1.9

Robz888 (1): EFHW
MiX (3): ashersky, Robz888, SpaceAnemone
EFHW (2): A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus
Dylan32 (3): WestCoastDidds, MiX, scolapasta

Not Voting (4): LaLight, Dylan32, Jack Rudd, Swowl

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends March 25, 2021, 03:30:00 am. This is in about 40 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #452 on: March 23, 2021, 11:33:10 am »

Awaclus, could you elaborate on how the option to spare mathdude were presented? I could imagine depending on wording that it could just have been the difference between incapacitate (which is the equivalent of a NK) and an actual character death, which we know is *somehow* possible.

That is a possibility. Nothing in particular about the message makes me think that would be the case, but nothing contradicts it either.

I'm not sure you've been quite as towny as you think you've been, but I do think it's interesting to hear that's your thinking. If that's been your goal, I wonder if this is something you actually chose to do in order to further cement your towniness (also knows as Advanced WIFOM 201). In that case, the 2 fewer points for switching would be a nice touch.

I don't think this is a misrepresentation of the situation:

in this game it didn't look like people were strongly townreading me even though mostly they weren't suspicious of me either
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 23, 2021, 11:40:15 am »

Awaclus, could you elaborate on how the option to spare mathdude were presented? I could imagine depending on wording that it could just have been the difference between incapacitate (which is the equivalent of a NK) and an actual character death, which we know is *somehow* possible.

That is a possibility. Nothing in particular about the message makes me think that would be the case, but nothing contradicts it either.

I'm not sure you've been quite as towny as you think you've been, but I do think it's interesting to hear that's your thinking. If that's been your goal, I wonder if this is something you actually chose to do in order to further cement your towniness (also knows as Advanced WIFOM 201). In that case, the 2 fewer points for switching would be a nice touch.

in this game it didn't look like people were strongly townreading me even though mostly they weren't suspicious of me either

Like I said Advanced WIFOM 201, now agreeing with me that you might purposefully be trying to be extra towny.

Vote: Awaclus

For those with more experience in these types of RMM, do we think that this is a once per game kinda thing; or should we be wary that whatever triggered it could happen again and cause Awaclus to stab someone else?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #454 on: March 23, 2021, 12:15:11 pm »

Like I said Advanced WIFOM 201, now agreeing with me that you might purposefully be trying to be extra towny.

I quoted myself contradicting the narrative you were trying to paint of me, I don't think that counts as agreeing with you.

For those with more experience in these types of RMM, do we think that this is a once per game kinda thing; or should we be wary that whatever triggered it could happen again and cause Awaclus to stab someone else?

It seems likely that it's a once per game thing and specific to me and mathdude. It would be pretty ridiculous for scum to have a power that kills a townie and potentially recruits another townie, unless they have no NK.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 23, 2021, 12:31:22 pm »

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 23, 2021, 12:40:07 pm »

How was I supposed to know that pressing that button that glowed "DO NOT PRESS ME" would make Awaclus crazy??

What does this mean?

And no, I refuse anyone trying to imply I would kill math. If you think that is possible, you aren't trying to play the game seriously.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 23, 2021, 12:47:55 pm »

Sigh...........I couldn't even protect math. I feel so useless right now, all the things we talked about, everything that we did privately and publicly...useless, now.

Okay, now for bureaucratic things...I'm a civilian, of course, and now I need to pick a VP. If anyone wants to speak up regarding this, do so.

pretty sure you have to wait until the next "even night", so you got some time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 23, 2021, 12:55:11 pm »

Thing I do not get here is why Awaclus would choose Math, if Awaclus made the choice. I mean I can think of a reason, but I still don't think they would really try to set MiX up that obviously.

Not sure how that makes me feel about skummy v not skummy on Awaclus here.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 23, 2021, 12:58:30 pm »

Sigh...........I couldn't even protect math. I feel so useless right now, all the things we talked about, everything that we did privately and publicly...useless, now.

Okay, now for bureaucratic things...I'm a civilian, of course, and now I need to pick a VP. If anyone wants to speak up regarding this, do so.

pretty sure you have to wait until the next "even night", so you got some time.

No, I do have to pick one today.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 23, 2021, 01:00:01 pm »

ooooo cuz you just got the job right right. carry on.

real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 23, 2021, 01:08:06 pm »

I also thought that Awaclus made sense as Boomer, and hadn't considered Billy. I was about add, for the benefit of the thread at large, that Billy is another non-military character, then I remembered that the main person who'd shown interest in the miltary-civilian division was Mathdude :-( It is generally a pretty Cylon-ish thing to do just to unexpectedly kill someone, though. That would be Cylon in the species sense, not necessarily always Cylon-aligned in the probable-game-wincon sense.

As for the third party hypothesis: it's kind of weird, by which I mean it definitely didn't occur to me. If it's also not that obvious to others, we should consider that this could be one of those many times when MiX's conclusions are strongly coloured by what MiX himself knows about the game, i.e. does MiX have any special knowledge about  third parties?

As for VP-ness, I do not have enough hours in the day to cope with a MiX QT, and have no strong sense of townieness on anyone else.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #462 on: March 23, 2021, 01:10:58 pm »

Thing I do not get here is why Awaclus would choose Math, if Awaclus made the choice.

I didn't.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 23, 2021, 01:15:11 pm »

Billy's a pretty minor figure in the show overall, and isn't a playable character in the board game, so it's slightly surprising that he was a character in this, but hey ho.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #464 on: March 23, 2021, 01:25:14 pm »

As for the third party hypothesis: it's kind of weird, by which I mean it definitely didn't occur to me. If it's also not that obvious to others, we should consider that this could be one of those many times when MiX's conclusions are strongly coloured by what MiX himself knows about the game, i.e. does MiX have any special knowledge about  third parties?

I don't think it's likely that a third party (or anyone, besides faust) caused this to happen on purpose, but I also don't think it's weird to consider the possibility of third parties existing in an RMM. For example, I took that into account when I specified that the Cylon-aligned faction is the red team.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #465 on: March 23, 2021, 01:25:52 pm »

Vote: Robz888

no u

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 23, 2021, 01:29:11 pm »

I also thought that Awaclus made sense as Boomer, and hadn't considered Billy. I was about add, for the benefit of the thread at large, that Billy is another non-military character, then I remembered that the main person who'd shown interest in the miltary-civilian division was Mathdude :-( It is generally a pretty Cylon-ish thing to do just to unexpectedly kill someone, though. That would be Cylon in the species sense, not necessarily always Cylon-aligned in the probable-game-wincon sense.

As for VP-ness, I do not have enough hours in the day to cope with a MiX QT, and have no strong sense of townieness on anyone else.

You can consider what I know, but that wouldn't be pro-town.

Do you have any opinion on who I should pick as VP?

I don't think it's likely that a third party (or anyone, besides faust) caused this to happen on purpose, but I also don't think it's weird to consider the possibility of third parties existing in an RMM. For example, I took that into account when I specified that the Cylon-aligned faction is the red team.

Speaking about cylon-aligned, can you elaborate on what the scum faction is, without quoting?

Vote: Robz888

no u

How do I ask a question about this vote that you will answer...

Do you think Robz is scum?

Do you think your vote on Robz is the best you could do here?

Would you vote for someone else if the wagons looked differently? If so, who?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #467 on: March 23, 2021, 01:45:04 pm »

Speaking about cylon-aligned, can you elaborate on what the scum faction is, without quoting?

I have already said everything that I know: their name (Cylon-aligned), their color (red) and their win con (the same win con that scum always has). It's nothing groundbreaking but I thought it was worth sharing anyway.

How do I ask a question about this vote that you will answer...

Do you think Robz is scum?

Do you think your vote on Robz is the best you could do here?

Would you vote for someone else if the wagons looked differently? If so, who?

1) Yes.

2) If I thought there was something better I could do here, I would obviously do that other thing instead.

3) Not at the moment.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #468 on: March 23, 2021, 01:47:34 pm »

By the way, it's kind of interesting that mathdude getting almost killed didn't reset the vote count. If someone had had 7 votes when it happened, I guess they would have gotten insta-exiled as soon as the day continued.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 23, 2021, 01:50:42 pm »

I am mulling it over. Need to decide if I wanna throw my hat in the ring or not before I consider others. I'll get a short list to you though sometime today once I have thought it through.
real good. That’s how

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 23, 2021, 02:11:12 pm »

I am mulling it over. Need to decide if I wanna throw my hat in the ring or not before I consider others. I'll get a short list to you though sometime today once I have thought it through.

I'm going to have to ask you not to throw your hat in the ring
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 23, 2021, 02:13:04 pm »

Why? Specifically Swowl, or do you want to be unopposed?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 23, 2021, 02:27:27 pm »

Specifically swowl, and because of reasons
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 23, 2021, 02:29:14 pm »

Specifically swowl, and because of reasons

We will stop talking about this now.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 23, 2021, 02:34:16 pm »

that comes off bossy.
It would not be beneficial to talk about this further right now.

And yeah, I don't wanna be VP.

I would be fine with ADK as VP.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 76  All

Page created in 1.386 seconds with 20 queries.