Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 201120 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: March 23, 2021, 03:33:36 am »

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends March 25, 2021, 03:30:00 am. Note the extension of the deadline.
Also note - it only takes 7 to exile now.
*he asks knowing the answer* - Awaclus, wanna share anything?

I was offered two options, of which I chose option 1:

1) attempt to spare mathdude and remain town
2) attempt to kill mathdude and get my alignment changed to scum (by the way, the red scum team is in fact called Cylon-aligned, and their win con is the usual scum win con) and the number of points I would get for winning reduced to 2

The wording in the QT uses a different word instead of "attempt" which I will not share because I'm not sure if that would breach the QT quoting rule, but that idea is explicitly there. I don't know what it means in practice because evidently it didn't work.

so... you are skum now?
disregard. read that again.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1
« Reply #426 on: March 23, 2021, 03:40:53 am »

You should also read this again.

Flavor, death and exile.
Since the idea is to play the same character over multiple games, elimination from the game will not usually be flavored as dying. Instead, exiled players are sent to the brig and player that are killed by other means are incapacitated. It may be possible by certain abilities to permanently remove characters from the campaign.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 23, 2021, 04:22:43 am »

Vote: Awaclus

I correctly read you as non-town, you are playing to try to be non-town, and you killed math who was obviously town. Die.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #428 on: March 23, 2021, 04:27:14 am »

I correctly read you as non-town, you are playing to try to be non-town, and you killed math who was obviously town. Die.

Perhaps you should also read again because none of that is true, except for the last part but only technically. I'm town, I'm playing to try to be town, and I tried to save math who was obviously town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #429 on: March 23, 2021, 04:28:25 am »

For what it's worth, the flavor supports my claim.
Suddenly, Awaclus turns around. As they reach towards their belt, a single tear rolls down their face.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 23, 2021, 04:35:56 am »

Perhaps you should also read again because none of that is true, except for the last part but only technically. I'm town, I'm playing to try to be town, and I tried to save math who was obviously town.

Oh you chose option one. Ah. Hmm...I refuse to believe math could just be randomly removed from the game like that, and I had you as scum before, so you get my vote.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 23, 2021, 04:45:54 am »

Sigh...........I couldn't even protect math. I feel so useless right now, all the things we talked about, everything that we did privately and publicly...useless, now.

Okay, now for bureaucratic things...I'm a civilian, of course, and now I need to pick a VP. If anyone wants to speak up regarding this, do so.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #432 on: March 23, 2021, 05:10:29 am »

Oh you chose option one. Ah. Hmm...I refuse to believe math could just be randomly removed from the game like that, and I had you as scum before, so you get my vote.

Well, evidently he was removed from the game like that.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 23, 2021, 05:15:39 am »

I'm still kinda upset about this...but I can still see the rational part of things.

I presume someone forced Awaclus to make this choice. If that's true, then someone picked Awaclus and gave him the option to either be town or scum. But Awaclus would quite literally always choose to be town, so this someone either doesn't know Awaclus, or isn't scum (or it's ash. crazy stuff and all that). So I think we should explore this option.

If the origin of this kill comes from scum, they most likely have day chat, or they talked about who they would pick with it N0 already. I think most people know Awaclus here, so that would leave a very small pool of people to be scum, which I guess would be Jack, scola and ash. So this seems unlikely to me.

It's more likely, I feel, that the person behind math's kill is a third-party, in which case, sadly, we shouldn't do anything about them. But given they turn people into scum (cylon-aligned, of course, take that ash), they're definitely anti-town, so...

Well, evidently he was removed from the game like that.

The key word is "randomly".

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 23, 2021, 05:19:40 am »

Oh, duh, the most likely thing is that a traitor picked Awaclus, in which case we should definitely hunt them down.

What do you think about all this Awaclus?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #435 on: March 23, 2021, 06:05:23 am »

What do you think about all this Awaclus?

I have more information than I'm willing to share at this point, but I guess I can try to shed a bit more light on what happened without revealing that information.

Based on what I know, it doesn't seem entirely impossible that a player used an action targeting me and mathdude to cause this, but I would definitely not assume that by default. I think it's more likely that someone did something that triggered a turning point and this was (possibly unintentionally) a side effect of that.

Considering that kills aren't flavored as kills in this game, it is actually more plausible than I initially thought that the whole choice to attempt to spare him or kill him was just a flavor thing and the only thing in game it affected was my alignment, while mathdude was doomed either way. But it could also be the case that there was a secret condition that had to be met for me to succeed in sparing him, that wasn't met.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #436 on: March 23, 2021, 06:31:48 am »

I presume someone forced Awaclus to make this choice. If that's true, then someone picked Awaclus and gave him the option to either be town or scum. But Awaclus would quite literally always choose to be town, so this someone either doesn't know Awaclus, or isn't scum (or it's ash. crazy stuff and all that). So I think we should explore this option.

I wouldn't always choose to be town. I actually did seriously consider converting to scum. The points in favor of doing it were:

• I had spent most of D1 actually being town, so I would theoretically have had an easier time convincing people of my towniness than scum typically does
  • Assuming the game was reasonably balanced even if I didn't choose to join the scum team, it could have been scum-favored if I did

The points against it:

• Because I had already spent most of D1 actually being town, assuming that my playing had been any good, I would have already caused some damage to the scum team, and while I can't actually know how good my performance so far has been, I don't feel like it has been below average
  • My abilities could conceivably be useful as scum, but they're more useful as town
  • Given that my playstyle is what it is, actually being town doesn't make it that much easier to convince people I'm town, and especially in this game it didn't look like people were strongly townreading me even though mostly they weren't suspicious of me either
  • Assuming the game was reasonably balanced if I did choose to join the scum team, it would probably be town-favored if I didn't

Overall, I felt like my chances of winning the game were probably about the same or maybe a bit better if I chose to remain town, and because I get more legacy points for winning as town, it was clear that I should remain town.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 23, 2021, 06:34:31 am »

Unvote

Vote: Dylan

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 23, 2021, 07:17:19 am »

Awaclus, is your flavor name Sharon Valerii (aka Boomer)?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 23, 2021, 07:30:01 am »

Sigh...........I couldn't even protect math. I feel so useless right now, all the things we talked about, everything that we did privately and publicly...useless, now.

Okay, now for bureaucratic things...I'm a civilian, of course, and now I need to pick a VP. If anyone wants to speak up regarding this, do so.

I missed this. I nominate myself
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #440 on: March 23, 2021, 07:40:17 am »

No.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 23, 2021, 08:10:16 am »

No.

That surprises me quite a bit. What is your flavor name, then?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #442 on: March 23, 2021, 08:19:22 am »

No.

That surprises me quite a bit. What is your flavor name, then?

Billy Keikeya.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 23, 2021, 08:30:46 am »

Hmm.

Ok
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 23, 2021, 09:04:07 am »

That was exciting.

Poor mathdude.  I guess another green flip helps with meta-building though.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 23, 2021, 09:07:45 am »

where's the turning point?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 23, 2021, 09:14:37 am »

What turning point?

That was exciting.

Poor mathdude.  I guess another green flip helps with meta-building though.

Emphasis on was. Now it's just dull.

Green flips don't really help, we won't know how to read him until he's scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 23, 2021, 09:51:59 am »

What turning point?

ah, sorry, reread and it's incapacitation at night.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 23, 2021, 10:23:41 am »

Oh no! Mathdude can't catch a freaking break.

Awaclus is reading even more town than he was before. It sounds like there was a chance his choice could have saved math, but it didn't work out. Bummer.

As much as I LOVE a qt, I do not want to be the VP. ADK is not a bad choice.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 23, 2021, 10:26:54 am »

How was I supposed to know that pressing that button that glowed "DO NOT PRESS ME" would make Awaclus crazy??

In seriousness, that was annoying. I had actually cleared plans for Monday night in order to be online and figure out who to vote for, only to spend the night refreshing every few minutes for an update... at least now we have a couple of extra days to coalesce on a brigging, so at least there's that.

So I think MiX's theory that it was a third party action is interesting. I could also see it having been a scum move to get rid of a town president. (is it possible MiX was involved in order to gain the presidency?)

Awaclus, could you elaborate on how the option to spare mathdude were presented? I could imagine depending on wording that it could just have been the difference between incapacitate (which is the equivalent of a NK) and an actual character death, which we know is *somehow* possible.

I'm not sure you've been quite as towny as you think you've been, but I do think it's interesting to hear that's your thinking. If that's been your goal, I wonder if this is something you actually chose to do in order to further cement your towniness (also knows as Advanced WIFOM 201). In that case, the 2 fewer points for switching would be a nice touch.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.