Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 201025 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2021, 07:28:28 pm »

ADK doesn't normally lay so low. One of the hallmarks of ADK play is early RVS and then pressure for everyone else to vote, followed by a bunch of questions.  None of that has happened in this game. Additionally, I was late to realizing this game has started. When I finished my initial (late) read, ADK was my top scumread because they were in favor of keeping LLs role information secret, whereas Space was in favor of sharing flavor information that about half the people had and half did not.  I agreed with Space on that so found ADK a bit scummy and then they have haven't done much to change that.

That said, I have a TERRIBLE record of misexiling ADK so I am not taking my sense too seriously because of how often that sense has led me astray. But that is where I am right now.

As someone that typically townreads everyone that agrees with them, why do you think ADK being in favor of keeping LL's role a secret is scummy? Would town!ADK not do that?

I can answer this one - I meant to post back them, but never got it it - become scum only needs 1 person to know the background and can share in their QT. Town needs everyone to know it. SO if scum does know, hiding it is pro scum, while it's only possibly pro town if no scum knows.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2021, 07:31:06 pm »

Robz.

OK. I'll have to go back and reread but my general inclination was to have him on my suspicious list.

For now:

Unvote

My goal in voting Jack was really just to get him to stop just lurking, but it didn't have that effect. I agree with the sentimnt to grant hime a d1 pass unless there's something especially egregious.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2021, 07:31:48 pm »

ADK doesn't normally lay so low. One of the hallmarks of ADK play is early RVS and then pressure for everyone else to vote, followed by a bunch of questions.  None of that has happened in this game. Additionally, I was late to realizing this game has started. When I finished my initial (late) read, ADK was my top scumread because they were in favor of keeping LLs role information secret, whereas Space was in favor of sharing flavor information that about half the people had and half did not.  I agreed with Space on that so found ADK a bit scummy and then they have haven't done much to change that.

That said, I have a TERRIBLE record of misexiling ADK so I am not taking my sense too seriously because of how often that sense has led me astray. But that is where I am right now.

As someone that typically townreads everyone that agrees with them, why do you think ADK being in favor of keeping LL's role a secret is scummy? Would town!ADK not do that?

I can answer this one - I meant to post back them, but never got it it - become scum only needs 1 person to know the background and can share in their QT. Town needs everyone to know it. SO if scum does know, hiding it is pro scum, while it's only possibly pro town if no scum knows.

Okay, I understand why it's anti-town, but why is it scummy?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2021, 07:33:20 pm »

I think ADK generally likes to have as little revealed as possible.  This was a unique scenario because it was separating out flavor knowledge, not game knowledge. I believe ADK when they said that they did not intend to taunt anyone, though.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2021, 07:33:52 pm »

Good point. Maybe I just haven't played enough games, I equate anti-town with scummy. I guess there can be third parties, but I'm ok with brigging them as well, if it avoids brigging a fellow townie.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 21, 2021, 07:37:43 pm »

I think we should do a lurker exile. Based on 288/289, with Dylan vla, that points to
vote: Didds. Fits with the arbitrary ADK vote, as well.

Huh... at present, I have:
Jack Rudd - 9
SpaceAnemone - 15
WestCoastDidds - 15
MiX - 47
EFHW - 19
scolapasta - 36
LaLight - 22
Dylan32 - 6
A Drowned Kernel - 23
Swowl - 24
Robz888 - 11
ashersky - 29
Awaclus - 18
mathdude - 19

But this could be mistaken. I appreciate when Space does the post and word counts, because one line posts are much different than longer ones.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 21, 2021, 07:39:06 pm »

Good point. Maybe I just haven't played enough games, I equate anti-town with scummy. I guess there can be third parties, but I'm ok with brigging them as well, if it avoids brigging a fellow townie.

I think for all intents and purposes, especially early on, they are the same thing.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 21, 2021, 07:45:25 pm »

Fair enough, scola.

Unvote
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #358 on: March 21, 2021, 07:56:53 pm »

"Scum" generally includes third parties. MiX's point is that townies can act in an anti-town way (which is technically true, but not really something that needs to be taken into consideration a lot).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 21, 2021, 08:01:09 pm »

"Scum" generally includes third parties. MiX's point is that townies can act in an anti-town way (which is technically true, but not really something that needs to be taken into consideration a lot).

I would say it's something that needs to be taken into consideration all the time but I think that's a fundamental difference in our playstyles
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 21, 2021, 08:02:44 pm »

I would say it's something that needs to be taken into consideration all the time but I think that's a fundamental difference in our playstyles

This, completely, 100% percent.

So I guess people want to see a Robz case eventually, right? When's deadline?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 21, 2021, 08:14:01 pm »

Well, this party didn't gain too much traction, and the vote definitely hasn't prompted anything.

I haven't played with ADK or scolapasta before, so I'm not sure what to think of them yet.  But if it will possibly generate more discussion, let's make this a 3-way race for now.  Obviously we need to get to a 2-way race soon, and then actually pick 1 to exile.  But let's see what happens when we start building wagons on 3.

Vote: ADK

So I believe that's multiple votes now on ADK, MiX, and scolapasta.  Anyone want to defend any of them?  Or jump on one of those wagons?

PPE... like this!

if I could, I'd vote ADK rn

I got you, boo!
I don't get it. There's nothing in the last 50 posts to indicate why people would be anti-ADK.

So now, in light of this:

I think we should do a lurker exile. Based on 288/289, with Dylan vla, that points to
vote: Didds. Fits with the arbitrary ADK vote, as well.

Huh... at present, I have:
Jack Rudd - 9
SpaceAnemone - 15
WestCoastDidds - 15
MiX - 47
EFHW - 19
scolapasta - 36
LaLight - 22
Dylan32 - 6
A Drowned Kernel - 23
Swowl - 24
Robz888 - 11
ashersky - 29
Awaclus - 18
mathdude - 19

But this could be mistaken. I appreciate when Space does the post and word counts, because one line posts are much different than longer ones.

now I feel a better place to generate something useful is...
vote: Robz
he/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 21, 2021, 08:26:19 pm »

Hah! That explanation took me some effort to get my head around, because I was looking at things opposite way round, but yes, I agree with you! Hiding the identity of LL's role can't possibly be pro-town unless it's assumed that none of the scumteam already knows it and shares with others. I would see it as being "possibly useful" to all of town, and only having a penalty in the less-likely situation where none of the scums already knows and can therefore share with their team.  If we assume that half the people know flavour, then for a 2-person mafia team not to have one of those people, it's a 1/4 chance, or for a 3-person mafia team it's down to 1/8.

Anyway, ADK's disapproval of me revealing info didn't seem to be accompanied by a scum-read particularly, though they were still saying they thought it was anti-town. I'm not sure where that leaves me reading them. Didd's case had more to it, but I'm not sure I'm really feeling it. ADK's play has actually been really variable across the game-day: they started out quite nit-picky and rules-heavy, but later made an error on how the Curfew card works and went all lurky. Is that sort behaviour pattern something people would expect scum to follow sometimes? I'm not really sure.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 21, 2021, 08:43:15 pm »

I'm surprised to see Swowl at > 20 posts on those lists. I can't recall a particular conversation he's been an active part of.

I feel I'd put him in the same bucket I have Robz - usually posts a lot on other games, but mostly absent this game. Dylan too, but he's got the VLA (will he back back before deadline??)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 21, 2021, 09:00:07 pm »

So I guess people want to see a Robz case eventually, right? When's deadline?

Tuesday 3:30a Forum Time, so 30 hours 30 minutes from now. (not quite the "33" from the show, but similar enough!)

(And yes I waited until 9pm to be able to post this. :) )

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 21, 2021, 09:42:01 pm »

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 21, 2021, 09:42:27 pm »

I'm surprised to see Swowl at > 20 posts on those lists. I can't recall a particular conversation he's been an active part of.

I feel I'd put him in the same bucket I have Robz - usually posts a lot on other games, but mostly absent this game. Dylan too, but he's got the VLA (will he back back before deadline??)

And I don't have any one liners... or not many at least. Dunno why you think I have been not around, I feel like I have been playing my A game thus far.

I am however, catching up on like 3.5 pages of posts now... be back shortly.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 21, 2021, 09:43:56 pm »

Care to add anything to that?  Or is that your contribution?
he/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 21, 2021, 10:04:41 pm »

I'm actually starting to feel vote: EFHW

White-knighting me was a little odd and jumping on the robz wagon feels opportunistic
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #369 on: March 21, 2021, 10:19:17 pm »

This seems interesting. Vote: EFHW
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 21, 2021, 10:26:18 pm »

Care to add anything to that?  Or is that your contribution?
New data shows he is the biggest lurker.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 21, 2021, 10:28:34 pm »

I'm actually starting to feel vote: EFHW

White-knighting me was a little odd and jumping on the robz wagon feels opportunistic
I wasn't white knighting you, I was addressing an apparent movement to generate momentum for your wagon in the absence of any case.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 21, 2021, 10:30:15 pm »

I would still like to hear your response to my question about your ADK vote.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 21, 2021, 10:41:54 pm »

Is Robz your scum buddy?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 21, 2021, 11:24:35 pm »

Also, I was thinking about the curfew, and there is a plan possible there, but I don't know how good it is. Basically if everyone just doesn't do any night actions, then if there's a nightkill tonight, we can just auto-exile scum tomorrow by putting everyone at L-1 in succession, right?
Pretty sure this was covered - but, to be sure. While it is a good idea in theory... it is never working Night 1. It may not even be able to work later down the road... but it is a cool idea. Should be dog eared for potential use.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.