Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200693 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2021, 09:58:42 am »

But I will add, mathdude raises some suspicion for me:

• did seem somewhat defensive and sarcastic about it; and I agree with ash that seems like it could be a tell.
• asked about why would he want a chat with a fellow scum, leaving out the fact that this is a day chat and scum chat is usually a night only thing (at least in my limited experience; that one game I was scum, we had day chat and everyone seemed to treat it like it was a special cookie)
• (least strong) this quote below. Based on my theory above, I would have maybe expected something mentioning the fact that someone had already used the term.

I'm just going on the assumption that mafia is cylon-aligned, based on them being opposite species here. Doesn't that make sense?

But then if he were scum, could Mix also be scum?

Meh, I never know how to read MiX. But Ithink this is all enough for an initial vote for:

Vote: mathdude

vote: scolapasta

I would rather not exile our president day one, especially not knowing whether or not mix is a civilian
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2021, 10:20:10 am »

I'm townreading everyone. Except

Vote: Robz

how so? just some time ago you agreed with me on his towniness
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2021, 10:22:54 am »

On the military / civilian thing, I would also have assumed that if someone had a flavor themed military character, they'd be military - at least for this first season. But that's just another assumption, and ash's experience seems to imply it's false. Or he wants us to think it's false.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2021, 11:46:28 am »

Also, I think we should vote for the players who have confirmed that "cylon-aligned" is the mafia alignment, given that isn't public information and I had no clue.

Well, I've watched the show, and "cylon-aligned" is the bad guys. I know that's the mafia alignment in the same way I would know "King Koopa aligned" is the mafia alignment without being specifically told (if this were Mario mafia, for instance).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2021, 11:49:44 am »

Vote: ash for fixating on this.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2021, 11:53:20 am »

I'm just going on the assumption that mafia is cylon-aligned, based on them being opposite species here. Doesn't that make sense?

Are you just upset I voted for you?

Are Cylons the opposite species?  Or just another species?  Actually, I thought they were robots or something.  I've not seen the show.

It could make sense, except what if they aren't?  I've given two examples already that I found in under a minute using Google.  There's no requirement that "Cylon-aligned" is a thing, and assuming it does as town is inherently dangerous.  I feel like multiple people have argued that Cylons can be good anyway.  So no, it does not make sense, in the sense that I disagree with you as it does not make sense to me.  It might make sense to you, but I would argue, as I just did, that you are mistaken.

Also, did you vote for me?  I didn't notice, nor do I care.  if you have a second vote, feel free to place that one on me, too.

This is a very reasonable post that I wish you had said before. I have no doubt that "cylon-aligned" (or equivalent) is a threat to humanity this game, but they might not actually be the main scum. That would be...pretty unlikely, but it's not a twist outside faust's wheelhouse.

Hmm! I would say that your character is...flexible: it's not obvious that they're civilian or military. But you seem to imply that it would be obvious, in which case I can only answer with confusion.

Confusion is also my state of mind at this point, on this point.

It's as clear as "You are Johnny, an infant born one hour ago.  You have never left the hospital, nor can you speak or walk.  You are in the military."

I'll have to give this some more thought. Perhaps someone that knows the flavor better can find an example of when this would happen?

It's possible that "military" is simply anyone that would be really weird if they became the president? Then you could have clearly military people be called civilian this game.

So, here's the thing -  I think knowing the flavor, it's a decent assumption to make that there is a cylon aligned faction. Were it me, and I posted about it, I would make it clear I was making the assumption. But the first instance of this is MiX, and we all know he posts assumptions as 100% accurate, no chance it's wrong fact. So if the first instance had been anyone else, I would have been a little more suspicious.; for MiX it's mostly NAI.

And then after it's out there in the void? I could see using the term and dropping the "I assume." So I think anyone else who mentioned it is also likely NAI.

I mean at this point, it's all being discussed as fact, when it really still is an assumption, no? Unless anyone's who's actually scum wants to confirm??

We are all playing under the assumption that there is a main scum faction, right? Do we have to say "I assume" whenever anyone says that there's scum? And why would scum say "I assume" less than town? I disagree that being the first person to say something about the scum faction has to say "I assume", or at the very least that it's scummy. Of course, I'm the one saying this, so it holds little to no value.

• did seem somewhat defensive and sarcastic about it; and I agree with ash that seems like it could be a tell.
• asked about why would he want a chat with a fellow scum, leaving out the fact that this is a day chat and scum chat is usually a night only thing (at least in my limited experience; that one game I was scum, we had day chat and everyone seemed to treat it like it was a special cookie)
• (least strong) this quote below. Based on my theory above, I would have maybe expected something mentioning the fact that someone had already used the term.

Meh, I never know how to read MiX. But Ithink this is all enough for an initial vote for:

I had the same reaction when I read math's posts, so I think this is towny.

I would rather not exile our president day one, especially not knowing whether or not mix is a civilian

Yes, sure, I agree, but why vote scola?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2021, 11:57:10 am »

how so? just some time ago you agreed with me on his towniness

I reread him, and it felt like he did wacky Robz things that look really townie and make you want to give him a day pass...without actually earning it. It feels like entertainment :P. And I'm townreading...pretty much everyone else.

I don't think it's scummy, it's good for everyone to be on the same page in terms of the setup, and ash has brought a valuable perspective to the table, as he always does.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2021, 12:28:12 pm »

I am curious to know what's going on with the mostly absent people (Dylan, Jack, WCD, to a lesser degree maybe EFHW and space). Not enough to suspect / vote for them*, but wanting to hear more from them.

* I don't usually buy into the lurkers being scum idea, at least not early on D1.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2021, 12:34:01 pm »

@mathdude, why did you pick Curfew as the executive order? (if you already explained, apologies, I just quickly reread and didn't find it)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2021, 12:50:15 pm »

Yes, sure, I agree, but why vote scola?

Why not vote scola? It's a bad and scummy vote
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2021, 01:02:58 pm »

I'm just not all that familiar with Mafia, and am lurking to pick up ideas.

(I'm not all that talkative in general in social deduction games, whichever side I'm on.)
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2021, 04:00:48 pm »

I am curious to know what's going on with the mostly absent people (Dylan, Jack, WCD, to a lesser degree maybe EFHW and space). Not enough to suspect / vote for them*, but wanting to hear more from them.

* I don't usually buy into the lurkers being scum idea, at least not early on D1.

I 100% laughed at "the first instance of this is MiX, and we all know he posts assumptions as 100% accurate, no chance it's wrong fact. So if the first instance had been anyone else, I would have been a little more suspicious.; for MiX it's mostly NAI" because that ish is truth.

I mostly don't have much to say... seems to me like cyclons are probably the baddies since on the show they are the baddies, but it was super interesting to me that Ash pointed out that we don't actually know that.  I am not confused about why my character is civilian or military, but I can see why other would be.  If I was a new (math)dude, I'd probably pick MiX to be my VP because of the QT fun. Mathdude has very little playing time with us so far, but among that he does have, MiX has featured prominently. He knows us, he talks a lot, and he's smart. I think it would be not smart to choose a fellow baddie, though, so I am going to assume they are not both baddies for the time being.

Although its been a couple of days, there hasn't actually been much discussion beyond those points.  Ash has lept us focused on the various alignment questions and I can't figure out why those are important, but then again, I am not confused so maybe I'm just not getting it. I don't like voting until I am am feeling more confident, but if you made me vote right now, it would be for Ash.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2021, 04:13:34 pm »

I also think we should not discuss military/civilian and cylon/human thing. There's something to form reads on.

For example I think makes too much sense to be town, Robz is making too little sense to be scum, I don't know mathdude and their meta (hi!) which I would like to know

anyway, I don't want the conversion shifting from Mafia to Flavor talking if this makes sense

god i missed this game

We probably can't talk about mathdude's meta, since the dude has only been in one game and it's not over yet.

It makes it hard for you (and others), since I have no "meta" here... as you said, my only other game isn't over yet.  But it also makes it hard for me.  Later in this post, I'm going to say "this is just who I am", but you guys will have no proof of that, having not seen me play games here before.  So I need to be aware of that as I type... I need to find a balance between who I am, and (as a newer player here) who I'm "supposed to be" to fit in with the general play style on this forum.  At least being a town-aligned civilian, I don't need to pretend to be something I'm not here.

Also, I think we should vote for the players who have confirmed that "cylon-aligned" is the mafia alignment, given that isn't public information and I had no clue.
I assumed that was the opposite of humsn-aligned and wouldn't be surprised if others did too.

I assume nothing.  Things are complicated enough.  Until things are mod-confirmed, seems best to assume anything is possible.  Couldn't it just as easily be "Caprica-aligned" or "One True God-aligned" (based on the same wiki I found and clicking on Cylons)?

Seeming too sure it is "Cylon-aligned" is a mafia tell.

I'm not sure who you're talking about as "seeming too sure".  As far as I can tell, MiX used the term first, I used it second, and Robz used it third.  I don't think anyone is stuck to it.  We all just assumed, based on the information given.  Maybe we're wrong... and that's okay.  Maybe we're right... and that's okay too.

But given all the confusion and tangents this seems to have created, it seems like it might be better to just refer to "human-aligned" as Town, and others as "not Town" or "Mafia"/"scum", or possibly third parties, as has been brought up as well as a possibility.  I was trying to stick with flavour (as I have known nothing about it, and am trying to get more familiar).

i had no idea scum is called "cylon-aligned" vote: mathdude

I don't either.  It was a guess/assumption, or even following the train of thought since MiX did actually mention it first.  Doesn't really matter to me... it's a non-issue.  Voting me totally makes sense though... new here, not knowing general expectations of how/what to post in these Mafia forums, not knowing flavour, and *not being the one who even brought up the term in the first place!* /sarcasm

That is MiX, Robz, and mathdude, btw.

Makes sense a mafia president would choose a mafia VP and Hated.

Yes, let's set up a public connection, so I can get a QT with someone I would (presumably, based on standard Mafia) already have a QT with if we were both Mafia. That makes sense. /sarcasm

Upset you weren't picked as VP?

Well, possibly mafia does not have a day QT, while you and MiX do

This is something I'm still getting used to.  When I used to play Mafia in the past, it never had a "night only chat" for Mafia - there, it was just permanent chat.  So this is new to me, trying to remember that scum may not be able to talk to each other during the day.

Defensive... yes, responses can often be seen that way.  Sarcastic... you bet.  That's who I am.  Get used to it.  I'm not going to stop just because you say it's a possible tell.  If anything, if I were scum, I'd probably be much more muted and cautious, trying not to attract attention.  As town-aligned, I'm me.  I'm speaking freely, and I'll poke and prod people, trying to get responses.

And the day-chat issue... as mentioned above, I'm not used to this concept.  Read what I posted earlier, and it should be pretty clear.

Are you just upset I voted for you?

Also, did you vote for me?  I didn't notice, nor do I care.  if you have a second vote, feel free to place that one on me, too.

It would be nice to have a second vote.  But I don't.  Also, you probably did notice since it was in the VC just a few posts before yours.  And that's not like something you'd miss.

--snip--
 /sarcasm

Sarcastic confirmation of something is a million times a mafiatell.  Just so you know.

I definitely did not want to be either President or VP.  That said, I would not have picked the card that you picked.

A million times a mafiatell.  Thanks for the information.  Too bad.  I'll "cave" on some things (a.k.a. learn to adapt to the expectations of games on this forum)... but I'm not giving up my sarcasm.

Don't worry, you weren't really in the running for VP.  It may have been useful to have a separate QT with you to try to figure you out... but what would we say there that we won't say in here anyway?

@mathdude, why did you pick Curfew as the executive order? (if you already explained, apologies, I just quickly reread and didn't find it)

Ash wouldn't have picked the one I did... no surprise, we seem to be very different players.  I did sort of answer (slash not answer) why I picked what I did.  Basically, I said that the other two options seemed to be better suited for use on a later day, and I wasn't planning to say much more yet as I wasn't sure what the implications of saying more would be.

I will add to that a little now.  At the time, I assumed that each executive order card was one-and-done.  Use it, it's gone.  Next night/day, use another, then it's gone... etc.  It has been confirmed to me via QT that this is not the case.  Enacted orders are not removed from the deck.  So maybe I would have chosen differently if I had known that first.

Also, as was evident by MiX's post right after he was announced as VP and the Order was announced... I made both decisions at the same time, rather than waiting for a VP's input on which order to enact.  I wasn't sure exactly on timelines, and didn't want the order to be chosen randomly (if I hadn't submitted an order in time).  Looking back, I definitely should have done it differently, but I can't change it now.  Assuming I'm around still tomorrow, I'll be more "careful" with my choice.  I don't think it's a bad choice for today, but maybe one of the other ones would have been better (now knowing that it will still be available again in the future, rather than eliminated).

Here are my initial responses, so anyone looking into this doesn't have to go find them:
why mix math?

MiX seems to know what's going on. With me not knowing flavour, I figured it could help me get started in this complex game. It really was a shot in the dark on the first day.

also also @ Math - why pick curfew? what were your other options?

I'll hold off on saying much about that until I know whether there are advantages or disadvantages to doing it. I will say I think other option(s) may be more useful later.

Are Cylons the opposite species?  Or just another species?  Actually, I thought they were robots or something.  I've not seen the show.

Semantics?  You really like to nitpick, don't you.  If I am ever scum in the future where you're playing too, I'm really going to have to be careful with what I say.

I agree... and that would be why my vote is staying there for now!

On the military / civilian thing, I would also have assumed that if someone had a flavor themed military character, they'd be military - at least for this first season. But that's just another assumption, and ash's experience seems to imply it's false. Or he wants us to think it's false.

This "first season" comment makes sense to me.  But I don't know how you guys run RMM games here, and I don't know how faust runs games, so anything is possible.  However, based on the small amount I know of ash's meta, I would strongly lean towards your final comment... ash wants us to think it's false.  Why?  Maybe just because it's ash?  Maybe because ash is scum.  No idea yet.

I'm just not all that familiar with Mafia, and am lurking to pick up ideas.

(I'm not all that talkative in general in social deduction games, whichever side I'm on.)
Welcome... we seem to be in similar boats, learning things here.  I would recommend you join the conversation here though.  It's the best way to get your feet wet (and potentially be analyzed to pieces).  But that's part of the game.
he/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2021, 04:21:38 pm »

Vote: ADK
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2021, 04:44:41 pm »

If I was a new (math)dude, I'd probably pick MiX to be my VP because of the QT fun. Mathdude has very little playing time with us so far, but among that he does have, MiX has featured prominently. He knows us, he talks a lot, and he's smart.

This seems to be pretty accurate. My choice of VP is to hopefully help me get into the game (including learning flavour). It's not like I could read you guys very well today. It's day 1 and I'm new. I just have to hope MiX is Town, and probably have to hope they are civilian too.

Maybe by my next pick, I'll be able to use my reads instead of random luck.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2021, 04:52:12 pm »

Yeah, I completely get why you'd choose him and I think you chose well.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2021, 08:21:32 pm »

I mostly don't have much to say... seems to me like cyclons are probably the baddies since on the show they are the baddies, but it was super interesting to me that Ash pointed out that we don't actually know that.  I am not confused about why my character is civilian or military, but I can see why other would be.  If I was a new (math)dude, I'd probably pick MiX to be my VP because of the QT fun. Mathdude has very little playing time with us so far, but among that he does have, MiX has featured prominently. He knows us, he talks a lot, and he's smart. I think it would be not smart to choose a fellow baddie, though, so I am going to assume they are not both baddies for the time being.

I think I'm on board with the "not both baddies" idea. If mathdude were scum, I think it's more likely that he'd pick a townie to be his VP. And picking MiX, who is vocal would be a good pick then.

There's a lot to process in this post.

A few observations:
• there's a lot of, you don'y know me but this is how I'd play as town, so if I'm doing it I'm likely town. All of which may be true, but there's really no way to confirm.

• Same with, things like "in mafia games I've played, there's always been day chat." Again not confirmable, but very convenient.

• I'm not sure how deeply others read the rules; but I usually try to check them carefully. And especially, had I been president, I would've paid special attention to those rules, and it's fairly clear 36 hours for VP; 72 hours for exec order. i.e. plenty of time to first do one, chat some with MiX (I mean why else pick MiX for VP if you don't expect to be able to chat him with him during the 2nd 36 hours). So the "I wasn't sure exactly on timelines, and didn't want the order to be chosen randomly" seems sketch.

• Similarly the "It has been confirmed to me via QT that this is not the case. [about orders not being and one done]". that' also clearly spelled out in the rules: "Whenever you would draw from the Executive Order deck and there are less than 3 cards left, shuffle all cards into the deck."

So, are all these things indicative of mathdude's scuminess? Maybe, maybe not. But a lot of it is a very convenient way to defend things that at first blush, are at least suspect.

I also would rather not brig a townie president D1, but a scum pres? definitely. And at this point, there are no other votes on mathdude, anyway, so I don't see much of a risk if this getting rushed.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2021, 09:04:35 pm »

There's a lot to process in this post.

A few observations:
• there's a lot of, you don'y know me but this is how I'd play as town, so if I'm doing it I'm likely town. All of which may be true, but there's really no way to confirm.

• Same with, things like "in mafia games I've played, there's always been day chat." Again not confirmable, but very convenient.

• I'm not sure how deeply others read the rules; but I usually try to check them carefully. And especially, had I been president, I would've paid special attention to those rules, and it's fairly clear 36 hours for VP; 72 hours for exec order. i.e. plenty of time to first do one, chat some with MiX (I mean why else pick MiX for VP if you don't expect to be able to chat him with him during the 2nd 36 hours). So the "I wasn't sure exactly on timelines, and didn't want the order to be chosen randomly" seems sketch.

• Similarly the "It has been confirmed to me via QT that this is not the case. [about orders not being and one done]". that' also clearly spelled out in the rules: "Whenever you would draw from the Executive Order deck and there are less than 3 cards left, shuffle all cards into the deck."

So, are all these things indicative of mathdude's scuminess? Maybe, maybe not. But a lot of it is a very convenient way to defend things that at first blush, are at least suspect.

I also would rather not brig a townie president D1, but a scum pres? definitely. And at this point, there are no other votes on mathdude, anyway, so I don't see much of a risk if this getting rushed.

I'll fully acknowledge, there is a lot of "convenient" things in that post.  I'm just stating it as it is.  You can't confirm how I play.  You can't confirm that scum's "daychat is a luxury" is news to me.  That does sound convenient.  In fact, if I were in your shoes, my posts would be exactly what I'd be looking at in more detail right now.   Maybe that's my problem here though... I say a lot, but it's not in line with what "you guys" all expect, so it puts a lot of scrutiny on me.

As for the rules... they may look clear, but I didn't think they were.  Picking VP within 36 hours was not the same instruction I was given in QT (I was told end of day 1, implying that I almost had to get the Executive Order in first, since it had now a closer deadline).  Regardless, yes, I should not have sent in my Executive Order and picked VP at the same time.  I just didn't think MiX would change my mind about Executive Order - I had looked at them, and decided.  (Of course, now knowing what I do, MiX could have helped me clarify that a used up Order isn't gone for the rest of the game).  I messed up there... I admit it.  Also, in QTs (again, I recognize not verifiable), I was not given a deadline for submitting, and I wasn't sure what the "start" of the 72 hours was (nor was I given a distinct "end" or deadline) - time of QT, time of post in thread about us having roles, or even back to the beginning of the game.  So I just sent it in.

Now about the Executive Order deck...
Whenever you would draw from the Executive Order deck and there are less than 3 cards left, shuffle all cards into the deck.

I figured if used cards go back in play, with there being 6 cards, it would be "draw 3 day 1, pick one, discard all 3... draw the other 3 day 2, pick one, discard all 3... shuffle deck, do it again".  So day 2 and day 4 and possibly day 6, I will already know what I will potentially be drawing the day before.  This didn't seem right.  And therefore, the wording used in the quote seemed odd to me, to describe this.

Instead, I figured this meant "draw 3, use up one, there are now 5 left... draw 3, use up one, there are now 4 left... draw 3, use up one, there are now 3 left... draw 3, use up one, there are now 2 left... at this point, that quoted statement triggers and all get shuffled back into the deck to get back to 6".  But this shuffle wouldn't happen until day 5, which seems awfully late in the game for something like that to happen, so I wasn't going to count on those "used up" cards being back in play.  I was treating them as being permanently gone, in case we don't make it that far.  So the 2 I didn't use, I was hoping we would come back to on day 2 or 3 or maybe 4.

Moral of the story... ask faust more questions!
he/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2021, 09:54:55 pm »

I'm here.  Very bad at playing two games at once. Currently townreading ADK and scola.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2021, 10:37:07 pm »

We should not exile mathdude today. We should not exile mathdude today. We should not exile mathdude today.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2021, 02:46:40 am »

I definitely did not want to be either President or VP.  That said, I would not have picked the card that you picked.
Are you saying that given every potential draw of cards, there is no way you pick the one that Math did?

That is MiX, Robz, and mathdude, btw.
Makes sense a mafia president would choose a mafia VP and Hated.
Yes, let's set up a public connection, so I can get a QT with someone I would (presumably, based on standard Mafia) already have a QT with if we were both Mafia. That makes sense. /sarcasm
Well, possibly mafia does not have a day QT, while you and MiX do
Also, the obvious point to be made that choosing mafia as mafia ensures to an extent that mafia stays in control of the decisions made regarding the executive order card mechanic. Not putting a ton of merit into that right now, but it should be mentioned.

Why?

Sarcastic confirmation of something is a million times a mafiatell.  Just so you know.
100% disagree. Mix, Awaclus, faust, myself... and I am sure I am missing others, would be skum 100% of the games we play by that logic.

It's as clear as "You are Johnny, an infant born one hour ago.  You have never left the hospital, nor can you speak or walk.  You are in the military."
You are Steven Hawkins in a Doctor Who episode. And he's a commando. Solved.

Math aside.... the focus should very much be more on whether MiX is town or skum rather than "if they are civilian".

Moderately skummy vote because you know ash.

I think I'm on board with the "not both baddies" idea. If mathdude were scum, I think it's more likely that he'd pick a townie to be his VP. And picking MiX, who is vocal would be a good pick then.
You don't think the value of having a Mafia teed up for the card powers would be worth mafia picking mafia?

We should not exile mathdude today. We should not exile mathdude today. We should not exile mathdude today.
Why?Why?Why?

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2021, 02:48:56 am »

Vote: Pasta
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2021, 03:35:34 am »

Multi-quotes are a pain from a single quote, so...

I am not good enough at math to know what every potential draw is, but I would rank it 6th out of 6.  Based on that, I think it never gets chosen.

I don't know what a Stephen Hawkins is.  What is Dr. Who?  Is that a Seuss book?  Like a sequel to Horton Hears a Who?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2021, 07:50:23 am »

I'm here, just somehow chronically short of time in spite of living alone and being more than a year into lockdown. I have maybe an hour a day I can spend on games across the site right now, and  I'm a very slow reader, so merely keeping up takes a fair chunk of time.

Some thought's on Ash's big confusion over character alignment drive: you have characters like Baltar, who are human but seem to be aligned with the main Cylon faction in parts of the series, though I'd argue he's always generally self-preservation-aligned and just not a team player. Then you have Lee Adama, who switches from being a military hot-shot to a civilian leader over the course of the show, so I'd guess that's something faust might play with. The board game has a concept of a president and also an admiral, with different lines of succession for each. The basic version of the game has a military-class Lee Adama/Apollo, but one of the expansions offers an alternative civilian leader Lee as well.

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2021, 08:31:42 am »

Vote Count 1.4

ashersky (2): mathdude, Robz888
Robz888 (2): EFHW, MiX
MiX (1): ashersky
mathdude (1): scolapasta
scolapasta (2): A Drowned Kernel, Swowl
A Drowned Kernel (1): Awaclus

Not Voting (5): Jack Rudd, SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, LaLight, Dylan32

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to exile. Day 1 ends March 23, 2021, 03:30:00 am.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:44:13 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 76  All

Page created in 2.948 seconds with 20 queries.