Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200698 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2021, 09:39:13 am »

I wasn't sure if revealing the actual identity was more pro-town or anti-town, so didn't immediately reveal. But I think the discussion was pro-town, so I'm happy with that.

(and now that it's out there, yeah LaLight is lalikely LaHelo).

I mean it sounds like knowing his character name doesn't actually tell us species or alignment. Maybe tells us if it's civilian or military?

Mix, Are you civilian or military? Does no turning point mean you're civilian then? Or is your (possible) renouncing not powers not public knowledge?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2021, 09:45:41 am »

I wasn't sure if revealing the actual identity was more pro-town or anti-town, so didn't immediately reveal. But I think the discussion was pro-town, so I'm happy with that.

I mean it sounds like knowing his character name doesn't actually tell us species or alignment. Maybe tells us if it's civilian or military?

Mix, Are you civilian or military? Does no turning point mean you're civilian then? Or is your (possible) renouncing not powers not public knowledge?

I am not the president yet, so there's no turning point. I don't think it's pro-town to reveal if I'm civilian or military.

Do you have any reads? This is definitely a game where knowing the flavor is very fun, as we'll play with it more, but catching scum should also be fun, right? That reminds me;

Vote: Awaclus

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2021, 10:01:47 am »

I am not the president yet, so there's no turning point. I don't think it's pro-town to reveal if I'm civilian or military.

Do you have any reads? This is definitely a game where knowing the flavor is very fun, as we'll play with it more, but catching scum should also be fun, right? That reminds me;

I think it's definitely anti-town to reveal it
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2021, 11:06:40 am »

Uh, sorry I missed the detail that we also cannot vote for LL.

I'm pretty familiar with the flavor but if there's an obvious reason why Helo would fit, it doesn't occur to me. Oh, is it it just because he's not with the fleet yet? Okay, sure.

FWIW I was assigned one of my absolute least favorite characters.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2021, 11:21:10 am »

I think it's definitely anti-town to reveal it

I think it's definitely anti-town to vote for me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2021, 11:22:11 am »

I don't care about any of the characters, we can switch if you want!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2021, 11:25:08 am »

Anyway, to clarify for anyone not familiar with the source, there's a pilot character, Helo (Karl Agathon), who spends the beginning of the series stranded on earth, away from the rest of the human fleet. In the board game, Helo has to sit out the first round of the game, which maybe looks a bit like LL not being able to interact with the voting for now.

I will neither confirm nor deny this.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2021, 11:29:20 am »

I also think we should not discuss military/civilian and cylon/human thing. There's something to form reads on.

For example I think makes too much sense to be town, Robz is making too little sense to be scum, I don't know mathdude and their meta (hi!) which I would like to know

anyway, I don't want the conversion shifting from Mafia to Flavor talking if this makes sense

god i missed this game

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2021, 11:29:38 am »

I also think we should not discuss military/civilian and cylon/human thing. There's something to form reads on.

For example I think MiX makes too much sense to be town, Robz is making too little sense to be scum, I don't know mathdude and their meta (hi!) which I would like to know

anyway, I don't want the conversion shifting from Mafia to Flavor talking if this makes sense

god i missed this game

EBWOP

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2021, 11:48:51 am »

For example I think makes too much sense to be town, Robz is making too little sense to be scum, I don't know mathdude and their meta (hi!) which I would like to know

god i missed this game

We probably can't talk about mathdude's meta, since the dude has only been in one game and it's not over yet.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2021, 12:41:38 pm »

Ah, that was a misreading of the rules on my part... Agree better not to reveal yet (I was only asking in the context of my misreading).

Though from a non game / philosophical point of view, it feels wrong to be against revealing the military? How is having a secret military pro the people?

"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2021, 12:43:22 pm »

Re:reads

it's a busy week for me, so mostly just trying to keep up to date with posts.

My one scum game I was scum with Robz and space, and neither seems to be posting (yet?) like they did that game. So maybe slight lean town on those two?

Also, where is WCD?? (I'm guessing also busy week)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2021, 12:57:57 pm »

Though from a non game / philosophical point of view, it feels wrong to be against revealing the military? How is having a secret military pro the people?

It's pro the people because the enemies of the state have a harder time knowing who to get rid of if they don't know who's in the military.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2021, 01:28:20 pm »

For example I think MiX makes too much sense to be town, Robz is making too little sense to be scum, I don't know mathdude and their meta (hi!) which I would like to know

god i missed this game

EBWOP

You can run a wagon at me now to get it over with, it happens like every game anyway. I agree with your read on Robz, however.

It's pro the people because the enemies of the state have a harder time knowing who to get rid of if they don't know who's in the military.

This is absolutely true.

Who's scum, Awaclus? It's not you, it's not Space...who is it then?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2021, 01:29:24 pm »

It seems like this has been explained a thousand times already, but in case it isn't clear: In Battlestar Galactica, there are humans who are human-aligned and Cylons who are Cylon-aligned, but there are also quite a few Cylons who are human-aligned (like, half the cylons by the end of the show!) and at least one human who is for a long time Cylon-aligned.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2021, 01:36:33 pm »

Yeah, we can talk about more interesting things now, like Dylan being the scummiest so far and you being town. Who would you vote for, if you could (to include LL)?

I do not really have a preference on where to put my vote. I have a list of people I don't want to vote for, and LL is on that list at this point.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2021, 01:40:50 pm »

This is absolutely true.

Who's scum, Awaclus? It's not you, it's not Space...who is it then?

I don't know, I'm not in the scum team.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2021, 03:05:39 pm »

god i missed this game

We probably can't talk about mathdude's meta, since the dude has only been in one game and it's not over yet.

ah ok

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2021, 03:49:17 pm »

Yeah, we can talk about more interesting things now, like Dylan being the scummiest so far and you being town. Who would you vote for, if you could (to include LL)?

I do not really have a preference on where to put my vote. I have a list of people I don't want to vote for, and LL is on that list at this point.

Is he just on that list because it'd be a wasted vote? Or you have more of a read on him?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2021, 04:01:17 pm »

I have a small amount of absolutely non-concrete anything information that gives LL a day 1 pass for me.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2021, 04:25:53 pm »

I have a small amount of absolutely non-concrete anything information that gives LL a day 1 pass for me.
You don't really have a choice, since you can't vote for him today.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2021, 04:29:04 pm »

You don't really have a choice, since you can't vote for him today.

I mean, fair enough. I was more responding to the additional information part.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2021, 04:40:23 pm »

Uh, sorry I missed the detail that we also cannot vote for LL.

I'm pretty familiar with the flavor but if there's an obvious reason why Helo would fit, it doesn't occur to me. Oh, is it it just because he's not with the fleet yet? Okay, sure.

Have you played the board game? All the characters in that have a specific weakness/drawback, and Helo's is that he's entirely absent for the first round of the game, which can feel like a really long time when you're playing.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2021, 04:57:30 pm »

Normally I would agree with Space, but in this case, the question would have been hard to Google ("BG char who can't vote") so there was some benefit in not telling, in case all the scum don't know the flavor.  Not sure how likely that is.

If this is so, then I assert that it's anti-town for whomever said they could guess the role from meta to have said so in-thread. Once it's out there, and especially once MiX has pointed out that it's findable merely by "homework", then it just seems petty not to share.

The people saying "I know what you mean but I'm not going to tell" are merely taunting and penalising people who're unfamiliar with the show by requiring them to read several hours more stuff than the rest of us to get to the same level of engagement with the game. I think we can afford to be more respectful of each other's available play time, and also of the amount of time and effort faust has undoubtedly put into this setup so that it's really unlikely to be broken by just a little bit of BSG knowledge.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2021, 04:58:16 pm »

"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."

Tempted to give a d1 pass just for getting in a thematic BSG quote :-)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 76  All

Page created in 2.079 seconds with 20 queries.