Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Game concluded)  (Read 200779 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM59: Battlestar Galactica Legacy - Season 1 (Day 1)
« Reply #500 on: March 23, 2021, 11:55:52 pm »

bc I have a pm that says I am town.
why are you so unwilling to give a reason?

I don't have a pm that says I am town, I have a pm with a link to a QT. Vote: Swowl

I realized right here, this is the first time I have been voted. That made me realize that we should do something. Not today, tomorrow when we have more time. But since we know that LL brings vote manipulation mechanics into the game, we may want to facilitate something where we all play 1 vote around the table (spreading it out to be safe) but to check to see if there is any other nonsense going on.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 24, 2021, 12:01:51 am »

meh that's ridiculous, no way there are two that can be found like that. nvm.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2021, 03:21:18 am »

Vote Count 1.10

Robz888 (1): EFHW
MiX (2): ashersky, SpaceAnemone
EFHW (2): A Drowned Kernel, Dylan32
Dylan32 (2): WestCoastDidds, MiX
Awaclus (2): scolapasta, Robz888
Swowl (1): Awaclus

Not Voting (3): LaLight, Jack Rudd, Swowl

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 1 ends March 25, 2021, 03:30:00 am. This is in about 24 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 24, 2021, 04:38:43 am »

A Drowned Kernel has been selected as Vice President.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 24, 2021, 06:49:08 am »

that works too, I guess
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 24, 2021, 07:05:36 am »

Awaclus, is your flavor name Sharon Valerii (aka Boomer)?

I missed this... why did you think Awaclus would be Boomer here?

I actually think that Awaclus' flavor claim kind of adds up. I mean, I am assuming fake claims bc RMM exist, but I do not get why Boomer would be a fit.

*been a while since I have seen the show, please feel free to tell me I am being dumb if need be*

See my post immediately preceding this one. Boomer is the one who tries to kill Rosalyn
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 24, 2021, 07:52:26 am »

I don't have a pm that says I am town, I have a pm with a link to a QT. Vote: Swowl

I guess this means Awaclus' reason wasn't that rock solid?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2021, 08:24:17 am »

I guess this means Awaclus' reason wasn't that rock solid?

It was, but the reason I have now is diamond solid.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2021, 10:11:06 am »

All hail the new VP!

MiX, have you had an opportunity to chat with ADK yet? Any better read on them?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 24, 2021, 10:21:35 am »

All hail the new VP!

MiX, have you had an opportunity to chat with ADK yet? Any better read on them?

Yeah, I thought they were town and I still think they're town.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 24, 2021, 12:03:50 pm »

MiX and ADK, what kind of collaboration are you looking for? MiX, do you still have the same model in mind as when you were vp and mathdude was prez?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 24, 2021, 12:07:06 pm »

MiX and ADK, what kind of collaboration are you looking for? MiX, do you still have the same model in mind as when you were vp and mathdude was prez?

No...it's not as fun.

I don't wanna talk about it today. You can ask more about this D2.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 24, 2021, 02:29:04 pm »

No...it's not as fun.

how do you know you'll live?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2021, 02:51:02 pm »

i don't trust MiX

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2021, 02:55:20 pm »

No...it's not as fun.

how do you know you'll live?

If I don't live then it doesn't matter.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2021, 02:56:43 pm »

The problem with MiX is if he's town, then all this planning, info hiding all, is fine as it's pro-town. BUT if he's scum, we're in trouble. High risk for well, medium reward. (and there's always the third party case - I could very well see MiX as a third party here)

I don't have quite a scummy read on him, but yeah, I don't trust either.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2021, 03:45:23 pm »

For those not verse in the flavor, math's death hear mirrors an event in the series, where a character (different from the one that awaclus claimed) is revealed to be a cylon who was previously unaware that they were a cylon when their programming activates and they try to assassinate the president (math's character).

One of us is mis-remembering here, because I think Boomer shot the Admiral, not the President.

Is it possible faust set up a storyline to parallel that assassination attempt, where a junior "sleeper" on the civilian side tries to take out the civilian leader, rather than having a lower-ranking military person shoot the military leader? Given that Billy was written out of the show and replaced by Tory, who actually did turn out to be a Cylon, it might not be so impossible for Billy to have been written as a sleeper agent for this game.

Either way, we could look at Mathdude's killing as some kind of pre-programmed event that cylon-Awaclus was destined to enact at some point even if he elects to remains human-aligned, or alternatively it might just be a weird side-effect of the particular game configuration faust rolled for this current game in the campaign, and that Awaclus obtained independent from his role.

PPE not nearly as many as I'd expected to show up in the meantime!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2021, 04:19:32 pm »

Boomer shot Commander Adama, yes. (He was the highest ranking military officer in the show at the time, although this was briefly not the case when Admiral Cain showed up.)
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 24, 2021, 05:22:17 pm »

Just out of curiosity, what other games can anyone remember where an alignment switch was offered either pre-game or as part of the game, as Awaclus tells us has just happened here?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2021, 05:24:11 pm »

For those not verse in the flavor, math's death hear mirrors an event in the series, where a character (different from the one that awaclus claimed) is revealed to be a cylon who was previously unaware that they were a cylon when their programming activates and they try to assassinate the president (math's character).

One of us is mis-remembering here, because I think Boomer shot the Admiral, not the President.

Is it possible faust set up a storyline to parallel that assassination attempt, where a junior "sleeper" on the civilian side tries to take out the civilian leader, rather than having a lower-ranking military person shoot the military leader? Given that Billy was written out of the show and replaced by Tory, who actually did turn out to be a Cylon, it might not be so impossible for Billy to have been written as a sleeper agent for this game.

Either way, we could look at Mathdude's killing as some kind of pre-programmed event that cylon-Awaclus was destined to enact at some point even if he elects to remains human-aligned, or alternatively it might just be a weird side-effect of the particular game configuration faust rolled for this current game in the campaign, and that Awaclus obtained independent from his role.

Interesting idea about it being written in as a sleeper mechanic.

The only reason I wanna say "no", is because of the terminology of the flip. Roslin has been incapacitated. Which, if I am understanding correctly, is like "Roslin is gone, their char arc is gone, this game and other games, they ain't coming back" type of thing.

Seems pretty like detrimental to have it all pre designed that way. The exception being if you are right about some time of roll that was made, or if it is actually like a one shot thing. The only thing that makes it "unbelievable" to me is the timeline in which it happened (day 1)... but if it was randomly to happen at "some point during the game" or if it is activated... then yeah I could see it being a thing.
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2021, 07:31:14 pm »

The only reason I wanna say "no", is because of the terminology of the flip. Roslin has been incapacitated. Which, if I am understanding correctly, is like "Roslin is gone, their char arc is gone, this game and other games, they ain't coming back" type of thing.

Seems pretty like detrimental to have it all pre designed that way. The exception being if you are right about some time of roll that was made, or if it is actually like a one shot thing. The only thing that makes it "unbelievable" to me is the timeline in which it happened (day 1)... but if it was randomly to happen at "some point during the game" or if it is activated... then yeah I could see it being a thing.

I agree with this - consequence feels too severe* to not have been instigated by either scum or 3rd parties.

* unless there was something we were supposed to do before it happened, but then I think we would've had some kind of warning...
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2021, 08:18:12 pm »

Boomer shot Commander Adama, yes. (He was the highest ranking military officer in the show at the time, although this was briefly not the case when Admiral Cain showed up.)

It's been a long time since I've seen the show but man, I had such a clear memory that it was Rosalin that got shot. You're right that it was Adama though, which make me think it's much less likely that the event was pre-scripted

But we are wasting a lot of time talking about this to no purpose. Either we're exiling awaclus today or we're not, and if we're not, we need to exile someone else. I still like an EFHW exile, does anyone have a reason it's a bad idea?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2021, 09:13:30 pm »

Oh deadline's in 6 hours, damn.

It's been a long time since I've seen the show but man, I had such a clear memory that it was Rosalin that got shot. You're right that it was Adama though, which make me think it's much less likely that the event was pre-scripted

But we are wasting a lot of time talking about this to no purpose. Either we're exiling awaclus today or we're not, and if we're not, we need to exile someone else. I still like an EFHW exile, does anyone have a reason it's a bad idea?

Sure I'll vote EFHW in the interest of consolidation. But it's perfectly fine for there to be no exile today I feel.

Vote: EFHW

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 24, 2021, 09:14:55 pm »

Eeeeeeh thinking about it more, no, I townread EFHW more than average.

Vote: Dylan

I'm off now. Don't expect to hear good "why not EFHW" reasons, I'm tired. I have a post with my EFHW townread sometime ago.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 24, 2021, 10:07:51 pm »

I don't think you are understanding correctly, because in the flavor it specifically said they were still alive. Incapacitated is the flavor name for "death" in the individual games of this, but I think perma-character death from the legacy side of this game would probably actually be flavored as such.

Also, I don't think this was probably a case where the president would get eliminated no matter what D1 unless some other turning point was reached, and since the game state hadn't changed at that point, I would think that means it was definitely a choice someone made to make it happen then. Furthermore, this is a game made for all our enjoyment, and a scripted "whoever randomly gets rolled to be the President is gonna for sure die without any player agency" just sounds like terrible game design, so that should probably be ruled out.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 19 queries.