Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Game Over - Skum Wins!  (Read 116649 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 1 HAS BEGUN! AGAIN!
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2021, 09:11:31 am »

Mathman if you like your vote on Dylan why move to an “I don’t know RVS” vote. That’s moving backwards.
Is it moving backwards though? We're not close to deadline yet. And it helped draw some discussion (out of MiX and you).
he/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2021, 09:22:27 am »

Oh I don't want to exile Robz. Yet.

I just want him to know I have my eye on him.

And also that I have a good feeling about him.

It's complicated.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2021, 09:23:09 am »

So are you giving us (read: me) permission to tunnel you hard D1 so you're exiled which means your bad reads will be immortalized, making us (me) take them at face value to then misexile in XiLo? Because I want that permission so badly.

I've seen this movie and I don't care for the ending.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2021, 11:17:22 am »

Hey gkrieg, were we mafia partners in a previous iteration of this setup?  I have vague recollections of us choosing no PRs and then lying about a bunch of stuff...and of course winning.  (I feel like we win a lot when we are the bad guys.)

Or was that a different setup?

Also, what's it called when you vote someone just for voting you?  Man, it's been a long time since I played.

vote: gkrieg

Sounds familiar. I agree that it is probably the right choice to not choose many options as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2021, 11:21:32 am »

Has gkrieg posted yet?

Yeah, he voted ash, why do you ask?

Was just trying to get a handle on who had shown up. Very little content from him so far, just that one post, so maybe a pressure

vote: gkrieg

is in order.

I’m usually pretty inactive on the weekends by the way.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2021, 12:09:26 pm »

Well, no more bites on leaving my vote on ash. Then I guess I will...
vote: Dylan

But MiX, I've got my eye on you.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2021, 12:19:47 pm »

Who do you think is scummy? Did you think ash was scummy? Do you think Dylan's scummy? Do you think I'm scum? I see a lot of votes, but they're all distractions, what are you really thinking right now?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2021, 12:20:29 pm »

Ok, I'm going to say this once so I can try to focus. But I'm enjoying reading this thread so much. Didn't realize how much I missed playing with y'all until we went like two months without a game.

This tho. Part of the reason I think we stalled is because things that take brain are so hard right now. But this game takes brain and gives heart, which is good exchange.

❤️❤️❤️
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2021, 12:27:51 pm »

Mathdude, MiX is pretty much the most suspicion-inducing person there is. He does all kinds of things that seem not very town, even when he’s town. I haven’t made up my mind about him this game, but I’d advise taking any suspicion of him with a big grain of salt. He’s his own breed of cat.

I really like the alliteration of Anenome Artiface, but Space Gambit seems more fitting.

You know who the most laid-back assassin is though? EFHW. Stone cold killa. She never seems scummy when she is...

Vote: EFHW

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2021, 12:56:12 pm »

Who do you think is scummy? Did you think ash was scummy? Do you think Dylan's scummy? Do you think I'm scum? I see a lot of votes, but they're all distractions, what are you really thinking right now?

Not knowing how any of you play, how good of a scum read do you think I can get on anyone? It's day 1 and maybe some of you can read each other, but I'm just guessing.

Dylan was a shot in the dark (I started with him because he's no longer IC). But his reaction and others' responses seem to tell me it's a good spot to leave my vote for now.
I had no read on ash, so that was purely to look for reactions and responses. It worked. I never intended to leave my vote there, and I think that was obvious.
MiX, something about your defense of ash gives me a slight scum-read. I'll let that sit for now, but I will be watching what you say.

You call these deflections. I call them promoting discussion. Maybe I'm doing this "wrong", but this is how I do day 1.

PPE based on what Didds said - thanks for the heads-up. I won't push too hard on MiX yet if they always read scummy.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2021, 01:01:32 pm »

Mathdude, MiX is pretty much the most suspicion-inducing person there is. He does all kinds of things that seem not very town, even when he’s town. I haven’t made up my mind about him this game, but I’d advise taking any suspicion of him with a big grain of salt. He’s his own breed of cat.

Dangit Didds, now mathdude won't get a genuine read on me which means I can't just call him town for him scumreading me. How am I supposed to read him now?

Not knowing how any of you play, how good of a scum read do you think I can get on anyone? It's day 1 and maybe some of you can read each other, but I'm just guessing.

Dylan was a shot in the dark (I started with him because he's no longer IC). But his reaction and others' responses seem to tell me it's a good spot to leave my vote for now.
I had no read on ash, so that was purely to look for reactions and responses. It worked. I never intended to leave my vote there, and I think that was obvious.
MiX, something about your defense of ash gives me a slight scum-read. I'll let that sit for now, but I will be watching what you say.

You call these deflections. I call them promoting discussion. Maybe I'm doing this "wrong", but this is how I do day 1.

PPE based on what Didds said - thanks for the heads-up. I won't push too hard on MiX yet if they always read scummy.

I called them distractions, not deflections. Slightly different. And I don't think you're playing incorrectly, I just want to know what's going on inside your head. That's kinda what the game's about.

I would also highly recommend reading past games, getting a feel of someone's meta helps a lot on the first game. I know I did that before I played my first game here and I had the worst reads possible, but hey, it's better than no reads at all.

Vote: EFHW, although I disagree that EFHW is scum, I had the exact same thought about her. I don't think it applies to EFHW though, but it might, so we can follow through this.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2021, 01:19:24 pm »

Is "the space gambit" a thing that means SA is mafia?

I was mafia alongside Robz and scolapasta in the game where I proposed it, but that has no bearing on the scumteam for this game :-) The game was M129 and here is the scum QT.

In case anyone wants the context but can't be bothered following links, the particular setup randomised town roles, then gave scum a corresponding number of points to spend on powers to compensate. The scum roles -- but importantly not the town roles -- were then announced in-game, so town could then infer their own strength based on the strength of the visible scum roles.

My suggestion was to deliberately fail to spend all our points, thus shifting late-game suspicion onto town's claimed PRs (since there would appear to be too many of them), rather than anyone who wasn't claiming powers. It was such an unexpected thing to do that in that circumstance it was probably worth the extra point easily enough :-) However, it was really only something we'd entertained to start with because we liked the mechanic of a one-point role more than the mechanic of a logical two-point role, but weren't allowed to take two copies of the one-point role.

It's not something I think scum could exploit in this game, though, because rather than scum getting points to spend in reaction to town, in this game town gets randomised roles in response to what scum selects.

PPE: 3

I would additionally recommend perusing the Scum QT from that game, where it was discussed. You'll see I was HIGHLY reluctant to take less power than we are allowed to take, until Space pointed out the potential trick town and I responded, "Oh shoot that would be kind of cool..."

https://quicktopic.com/53/H/8ZZG4DZBWpX
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2021, 01:23:26 pm »

Also, mcmc has nothing to complain about in that online photograph.

Also, I started following Robz on Instagram just now.  life_shonanstyle if you are wondering and have random interest in my watch collecting obsession, microbrews, or pretty pictures of Japan.

I followed you back! Nice watches!

For anyone who wants, here are all the Robz links.

My Instagram (mostly selfies and yorkies): https://www.instagram.com/robbysoave8/
My Twitter (political/journalism): https://twitter.com/robbysoave
My Facebook (not actually very active there anymore): https://www.facebook.com/people/Robby-Soave/2259319
My first book: https://www.amazon.com/Panic-Attack-Young-Radicals-Trump/dp/1250169887
My second book (forthcoming): https://www.amazon.com/Tech-Panic-Shouldnt-Facebook-Future/dp/1982159596

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2021, 01:24:37 pm »

Mathdude seems to be contributing in relatively meaningful ways to me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2021, 01:25:43 pm »

It's complicated.

Yeah, I feel like the games where you townread me early are games where I am universally scum.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2021, 02:59:16 pm »

Hot take: The people who are sussing mathdude are scummy, because going after the newbie is easy and comes with a lot of built-in deniability.

Vote: MiX

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2021, 03:08:25 pm »

Hot take: The people who are sussing mathdude are scummy, because going after the newbie is easy and comes with a lot of built-in deniability.

I'm townreading the hell out of mathdude, so was that vote supposed to be related to that sentence?

It's complicated.

Yeah, I feel like the games where you townread me early are games where I am universally scum.

What do you mean by "universally"?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2021, 03:08:45 pm »

Congratulations on the new book, Rob!!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2021, 03:11:14 pm »

I'm townreading the hell out of mathdude, so was that vote supposed to be related to that sentence?

It's complicated.

What do you mean by "universally"?

Aren't you voting for him? You were as of Space's last vote count.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2021, 03:15:16 pm »

Vote: EFHW, although I disagree that EFHW is scum, I had the exact same thought about her. I don't think it applies to EFHW though, but it might, so we can follow through this.

Aren't you voting for him? You were as of Space's last vote count.

Well I'm not anymore.

Mathdude seems to be contributing in relatively meaningful ways to me.

Yeah, he's doing a good job at supporting people's reads, but I'd rather him have reads of his own. Feels like he's doing a lot of plays, very theatrical.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2021, 04:07:35 pm »

So this is the same as an RVS vote? Go ahead, though, I like attention.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2021, 04:10:10 pm »

So this is the same as an RVS vote? Go ahead, though, I like attention.

Well, it was, but it's not anymore. As of right now.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2021, 04:12:14 pm »

Unvote from RVS.

@mathdude, did you in fact find ashersky scummy? He's the only one so far who has pinged any scum bells for me.

Vote: ashersky.

PPE: Yeah, saw that coming...

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2021, 04:33:53 pm »

@mathdude, did you in fact find ashersky scummy? He's the only one so far who has pinged any scum bells for me.

No

he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2021, 04:35:52 pm »

Vote Count 1.2:

Joth (2): MCMC, faust
MCMC (2): SpaceAnenome, Robz888
EFHW (2): WestCoastDidds, MiX
Ashersky (2): gkrieg, EFHW
gkrieg (1): Ashersky
mathdude (1): Dylan32
Dylan32 (1): mathdude
MiX (1): Joth
Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to Exile.
Day 1 ends February 26th at 10:40pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 20 queries.