Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23  All

Author Topic: M133 - FDS on a Plane Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 61629 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M133 - FDS on a Plane Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2020, 04:34:32 pm »

Has everyone undone their RVS votes so we can see where we are?

If I'm still on LL, it was still my hello vote.

Then if Space is still the largest wagon, I'd love to hear something about how they seem scummy.

I would too, because mcmc, the last person on the wagon, was the only person who described any potentially scummy behavior in voting there. That includes faust who hopped on that wagon to sheep the IC and just followed ADK onto me.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2020, 04:52:31 pm »

Vote Count 1.4:

Space (3): LaLight, XxRaptorSlayer96, MCMC
Dylan (2): ADK, faust
MCMC (2): MiX, EFHW
faust (1): gkrieg
LaLight (1): Dylan
WestCoastDidds (1): Space

Not Voting (2): WestCoastDidds, Galz

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on November 27th at 5:20pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2020, 04:55:03 pm »

Has everyone undone their RVS votes so we can see where we are?

I'm not sure. I think there's still traces of "this was my first vote" in mine.

I really need to reread this game. I kinda wish Galzria had talked more though.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2020, 05:43:09 pm »

Vote: Galz
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2020, 05:44:30 pm »

Whoops, sorry about that.

I was going to say that I agree MiX. It would be nice to hear from him, especially since he said that he was reading and catching up

Vote: Galzy

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2020, 07:15:35 pm »

ok, I maybe am out of shape, but Space seems really scummy to me. I can even make a case, but tomorrow
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2020, 03:09:06 am »

I would too, because mcmc, the last person on the wagon, was the only person who described any potentially scummy behavior in voting there. That includes faust who hopped on that wagon to sheep the IC and just followed ADK onto me.
or maybe you could find some scummy person to vote for on your own? I believe in you!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2020, 03:10:59 am »

And what is it with everyone going "uh i need to reread"? It's not like anything much happened folks, just go with the flow. Just feels like people trying to play up how much they engage with the game.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2020, 07:06:23 am »

or maybe you could find some scummy person to vote for on your own? I believe in you!

faust, you regularly make me giggle. I love you for this.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2020, 07:11:05 am »

And what is it with everyone going "uh i need to reread"? It's not like anything much happened folks, just go with the flow. Just feels like people trying to play up how much they engage with the game.

I have been thinking about this. It seems like the new version of “I’m bad at D1”. Because everyone is bad at D1 and it feels like if we tried harder we could be better at it, but we can’t, not really, by virtue of the nature of the game. Scum are just trying not to be exiled so the odds of something really telling are small (especially with the general level of experience in this game). So instead of saying nothing, or going with more social interaction (my way!), there is a heads up that the game is on their radar but they don’t currently have anything to add.

TL;DR: I know, right?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2020, 07:28:52 am »

I have been thinking about this. It seems like the new version of “I’m bad at D1”. Because everyone is bad at D1 and it feels like if we tried harder we could be better at it, but we can’t, not really, by virtue of the nature of the game.
No, it's true that we could be better at it. I've had great D1s on this site, but they don't happen if noone does anything.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2020, 08:09:44 am »

Alright, so this case is a bit weaksauce, but it does chime scummy bells for me quite louder than any other.

Am I remembering correctly that gkrieg usually scumreads faust (when he isn't scumreading me and vice versa?)?

I would say the four people I'm best at reading is faust, Space, you, and LaLight.

Wanna make a deal? You don't scumread me this game, and I join you in being super-suspicious of faust.

This is when I voted Space first and the reason is "You don't scumread me this game". I did the same thing when I was scum, to joke about "let's make a deal of you not scumreading me" so the person will hesitate the next time they will want to vote you.

Interesting deal: do you think faust deserves you being super-suspicious of them right now?

O, absolutely! I mean, you were actually there last game to see scum!faust being super-tricksy. I won't trust him as far as I could throw him this game, even if he does turn out to be really townie.

I guess weren't around in my rather dismal early f.ds mafia career where I got mislynched a lot of times, usually with gkrieg being an enthusiastic participant, but he and I have quite a long history, so it's nice to start this game out cordially :-)

Okay, but why? It feels like you said "yes" very enthusiastically but you didn't give a (good) reason. Is it just because faust is faust then, and nothing about this particular game?

Personally I think it's kinda futile to be suspicious of faust D1. You can keep him in your scumreads, but being suspicious of him isn't going to be very productive.

I'm enthusiastically invoking exactly the reason I explained there, which is that scum!faust played too well in the last game I was in. Honestly, there just isn't enough of this game yet to form any reads!

To be clear, I'm not scumreading faust right now, I'm just declaring that I expect to question his motives a lot.

A bit of distancing from forming an actual opinion.

Vote: Didds for not voting yet.

Also, Didds, I keep thinking of you every time I walk up to Port Meadow and it's flooded.. which it is pretty much all the time at the moment, and I go up there a couple of times a week on walks :-P

Quite a safe vote, although we're not in RVS any more. I don't like it.

I know that I haven’t voted! I did t realize I was the only one, though. I’m still salty about faust being tricksy....I don’t know folks from before well enough to say, and I always think EFHW is scum  as she rarely is. I also tend to think lucky Galz is scummy, but that is often not true, too. My townie list is you, mix, ADK, and LL...but that isn’t much help at all.

I’ll follow the IC if it comes down to it, but there is such a wide spread right now and som any lingering RVSs that I’m not sure it really matters. I’ll work on it!

I think of you often, too...mostly because I could really, really use a thermal bath in Budapest right about now!

Hehe.. I fee like usually I'm one of the last ones left, and I always regret that later in games when I want to have some nice wagon analysis. Anyway, you should vote somewhere (even me if you want!) just so we can look at who else voted where when there have been a bunch of flips in the later game.

And yes, I would love to be back in Szechenyi Baths again! Still vaguely hoping it will be possible to return to Budapest before too many more years. I just hope all the cool little vegan restaurants and amazing escape rooms survive covid!

"even me if you want" is adding to Space's concern about voting and not voting them, pretty much in every post I can see that. Also, this must be the silliest thing, but "later in a game" assumes Space would be alive, which is for me a scum!mindset, because scum knows they won't be killed at night.

For the record, I'm against the Space votes: I reread Space, and what I saw of them was Space!Space with more self-awareness, which is NAI. Given their playstyle, it's also much easier to get scum!Space D2 and on whereas it's easier to misexile them D1. I also disagree with Space's vote on Didds, but it seems like a town!Space thing to do.

You're reading me correctly, which is nice :-) It's actually going to be impossible for you to catch a scum!Space D2 this game, though, because there isn't one to be caught!

Again, concern of people scumreading them.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2020, 08:37:56 am »

I agree with all of this other than that people are trying to play anything up. I would guess it’s more likely townies saying they need to reread because they feel they must be missing something, scum I think is more likely to know the state of the game and the fact that it’s just overall slower.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2020, 08:43:56 am »

vote: mcmc
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2020, 05:19:33 pm »

vote: galz

Scum!Space is a much better lynch later day 2. Galz hasn’t been very helpful lately. I’ll be around later if he can change my mind.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2020, 05:55:26 pm »

Sorry I missed yesterday -- work is hectic even if all the US people we work with have holidays this week :-P

My Didds vote wasn't exactly RVS, but it was definitely a protest vote rather than an I-want-to-exile-her vote.

@LL, your case on me is actually nicely put-together, but missing tons of context. I haven't played with Gkrieg for absolutely ages, and there really is a big history of him getting me killed, so the light-hearted alliance-making is basically a nod to that with a plea not to be to gung-ho about getting me killed this time round. The thing about faust is that the last game I played in, he was scum and played everyone, so I'm still a bit sore from that, especially because I was trying so hard to get people to vote correctly on the last day, but he persuaded the other townies to vote elsewhere instead, even though I was right :-( So yeah, I'm not going to trust him so easily for a while, but it's also a fact that I just don't have a reason to think he's scum here yet.

Anyway, if I'm moving my protest vote off of I'm very tempted to stumble straight into another sort-of-protest vote and go for Galz. It's really quite hypocritical of me, having just not posted in something like 48h, but his extended long absences really hurt town in that last game, so if there's a chance he's similarly time-constrained across this one, it's at least a least-bad exile.

Vote: Galz
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2020, 06:09:20 pm »

Vote Count 1.5:

MCMC (3): MiX, EFHW, ADK
Galzria (3): WestCoastDidds, XxRaptorSlayer96, Space
Space (2): LaLight, MCMC
Dylan (1): faust
faust (1): gkrieg
LaLight (1): Dylan

Not Voting (1): Galzria

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on November 27th at 5:20pm Forum Time. That is in roughly 24 hours!!!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!!!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2020, 07:04:24 pm »

D1 Galz exiles are just wrong. His availability now does not have anything to do with his availability later.

Unlike mine; I think I'm just going to be really busy all game.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2020, 08:11:07 pm »

D1 Galz exiles are just wrong. His availability now does not have anything to do with his availability later.

So, why is mcmc a better exile than Galzy?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2020, 02:06:01 am »

His availibility is always crap, and his non-presence now means he's going to be harder to read later on.

Things would go better here if we returned to a stricter "exile all lurkers" policy.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2020, 02:06:58 am »

Vote: Galzria

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2020, 04:20:31 am »

His availibility is always crap, and his non-presence now means he's going to be harder to read later on.

Things would go better here if we returned to a stricter "exile all lurkers" policy.

Not really, no. Wasn't it literally thanksgiving yesterday? Give him a break.

So, why is mcmc a better exile than Galzy?

This feels like a completely different mcmc than what I remember, and I like his wagon. Problem is, I don't know if I'm trying to match him to his town game or his scum game...

There was also LL's case on Space, which is missing the fact that Space loves to reference previous games (same here btw) and some things are just reaching at straws. I wouldn't disagree that Space's case is probably the best case you can make, but that doesn't mean they're scummy, let alone scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2020, 04:29:56 am »

Not really, no. Wasn't it literally thanksgiving yesterday? Give him a break.
I'm done giving breaks. How many games does Galzria need to ruin by lurking before it's not okay anymore? He did literally nothing for the whole of D1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2020, 04:31:39 am »

inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2020, 04:37:45 am »

I'm done giving breaks. How many games does Galzria need to ruin by lurking before it's not okay anymore? He did literally nothing for the whole of D1.

How many games did Galzria ruin? Last time I remember, he was active later in the game and thus didn't hurt the game enough to be considered ruined. If you want an example of a ruined game, see here.

inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

Not a reason to exile someone. It is, however, a reason to prod and maybe modkill. Oh, that reminds me,

Prod: Galzria
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23  All

Page created in 2.734 seconds with 20 queries.