Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130564 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 6!!!!
« Reply #1375 on: June 21, 2021, 12:43:27 pm »

So, kudos to ash. A formidable opponent. (The rest of you too, but ash took me down).
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 21, 2021, 01:31:11 pm »

Great game, all!
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 21, 2021, 01:40:07 pm »

I feel like I really let the scum team down by getting caught so quickly. But I honestly had no idea how to combat what ash was throwing at me, and the more I fought back the worse I looked, but the only person on my team who could have helped save me was Galz (because the others were in the other timeline) and he was completely MIA. So that was unfortunate. I don't feel like I did anything wrong, but I got outplayed and had no defense.

It happens a lot that if you just had an awesome scum game, it's followed by a game where you get caught quickly. Several of us got scumvibes early on. I don't think ash's brouhaha was that pivotal.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 21, 2021, 03:24:27 pm »

The town claim troll was a prayer for stay of execution which I thought MiX was also likely to get when Hyper started foibling his read/claims.

Hahaha, I couldn't figure out how to say I had a town read on MiX but was voting for him anyways without that seeming scummy.
I have sigs off.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Starts Tuesday!
« Reply #1379 on: June 21, 2021, 06:51:28 pm »

So like, is it a thing to not reveal which timeline you are on or what?

Also, I've been playing mafia for a couple years elsewhere and I am completely different now... really... you can trust that.

pps - how much of this statement was intended to mask your being scum? MiX did the same thing, and a long time ago Awaclus did this when scum.

I am quite different these days, I do think. I was trying to be funny and serious at the same time. I know I built quite the reputation here so I was hoping to alleviate the idea that I'm the complete wildcard I used to be. It was my first scum game since the pandemic started though, so I was definitely nervous to play that side after being thoroughly trained up playing town on another forum for so long. Where I was nervous was in the QT. It felt like damned if I post in there and damned if I don't.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: June 21, 2021, 07:14:17 pm »

See, the secret to the QT is to just have scum kill your partner D1 so that you don't have anyone to talk to... Rip gkrieg lol
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 21, 2021, 07:18:44 pm »

See, the secret to the QT is to just have scum kill your partner D1 so that you don't have anyone to talk to... Rip gkrieg lol

Yeah, or have town kill themselves D1 so you don't have to keep up the act anymore!

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 21, 2021, 07:48:23 pm »

Yeah, or have town kill themselves D1 so you don't have to keep up the act anymore!

You're welcome, I guess. You were a long-lasting scum even though you were one of my top 2 scum reads.

Good to see I was properly scum-reading your responses to me though, and that they weren't just MiX-ian responses. Maybe one game soon, I'll be able to trust you!
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 21, 2021, 10:27:49 pm »

Hey all!
Thank you so much for playing!
Unfortunately, this game was originally set for 18+ players... and I very much should of stuck to my guns on that one. No one's fault but my own... Nothing detrimental, but it did cause a little imbalance that worked against Skum.

1. Given a situation where Skum was exiled early in a timeline, it handcuffed that timeline of Skum to not being able to use the NK and an ability while Timelines were active.
2. (continuing one 1.) And as Skum's powers were not crazy good, more specific and combo based... when LL died that really did put them in a huge hole.
3. Timelines Merging - Originally this was a multi faction game designed to have hella crazy investigation and proc roles and lots of random shots being fired off (limitations to make it fair i.e. timelines). I really don't wanna get into it more than this, because I would like to use some of the concepts that were not used in a future game... However, A hugeeee oversight on my part was after the game was rolled down to 16 players... within pretty much all reason the only way that the game was combining was when half the game was left alive. There were 3 different was in which it could of happened.... but 90+% of the time in this set up it was going to be the way it was. Leaving the timelines apart so long, also did not help skum's chances.

OK - Now all that being said, town did play excellently... I am not trying to take the credit away or anything :P
Feel free to ask questions! *Disclaimer - Like I mentioned, I may not want to answer some regarding the set up.*

OK what else.....

Someone shared the shared threads....
- If you want to feel free to share your QT (I will not share it), but you are welcome to. I will be posting all the roles so they can be looked at because I love feedback.
- I will be posting night action summaries shortly.
- I also have a follow along thing that is just more for fun that will be up also soon.
- If anyone else wants anything else let me know.

Thank you all so much for playing. I know there was a lot of hesitation from some people, and I apologize if it did not live up. FWIW I think it will lead to a super fun game sometime in the future - So Not for Not :)

LaLight is my MVP this game. Thank you so much for Co-Modding!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 22, 2021, 12:39:12 am »

So, kudos to ash. A formidable opponent. (The rest of you too, but ash took me down).

Thanks.  It was a good battle -- I was projecting more confidence than I had that I would win the fight.  I mean, I would have triggered my IC at some point if I had to, but still.

Also, I liked the freedom of having the triggered IC in my pocket but never using it.  Helped a lot.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 22, 2021, 03:27:20 am »

Game Actions:

Day 1:
- Math was exiled. This triggered the veng cop ability.
   * If Godfather was on the wagon, they would of appeared as town.

Night 1:
- Chairs (motion det) - Targeted Eddie - 0
- Hyper (delay cop) - Target chairs - town result end of next night (when chairs was killed)
- PPS (RB) - Target Glooble - nothing
- MiX - NKs Gkrieg - success

Night 2:
EFHW commutes - nothing
WCD Doctors MiX - nothing
Galz NKs Chairs  - success

Night 3:
- Hyper (delay cop) - target awaclus - town result end of next night.
- PPS (RB) - Targets Glooble
- MiX Nks Ash - success

Night 4:
EFHW commutes - nothing
WCD Doctors EFHW- nothing
MiX NKs WCD - success

Night 5:
Hyper cops MiX - result next night; Mafia
MiX NKs Masons - success (lovers)

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 22, 2021, 03:29:36 am »

writing that out - if I had to do it over I would of given skum a pool of x shots instead of assigning abilities to specific players. I think that would of made it a better game.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!
« Reply #1387 on: June 22, 2021, 05:08:07 am »

What was chairs' modification?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 22, 2021, 01:23:08 pm »

how many visited the target. should of changed it just to watcher when we did the re-write :P
real good. That’s how

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 22, 2021, 06:11:49 pm »

Looking at those action resolutions, it just seems like there wasn't very much going on at any given night for this being an RMM. I mean, town never had more than 2 people do anything at the same time, and literally the only useful result we would have been hyper's cop result on MiX, but the game ended before that even mattered. So scum might have been underpowered, but it doesn't seem to me like town was really overpowered, it's just the numbers and PoE were too much for scum.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.