Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130547 times)

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 4!
« Reply #1200 on: June 04, 2021, 10:19:21 am »

I'm not sure what to think about scola going hard against an obviously town Didds. I don't really see a motivation for scum!scola to deepen Didds' distrust of them so I'm leaning towards it being towny.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1201 on: June 04, 2021, 11:26:44 am »

Ok, so we haven't had a single night with double kills. That makes me think it's unlikely scum has both a normal kill and a poison kill, unless maybe the scum poisoner is one-shot, but then why would Eddie have had two doctor shots?

The poisoner could be an SK variant, but again, why haven't they killed?

We know from Eddie's flip that poison must exist. I think it's logical to assume scum can only poison. Which means their decision about who dies tonight is already made.

Does anyone disagree with this chain of reasoning?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 04, 2021, 11:36:25 am »

why would Eddie have had two doctor shots?

As an optional vig
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 04, 2021, 12:11:39 pm »

The rules are pretty clear IMO that no-one could take an action N0, so scum must at least have been able to do a regular kill N1.
I have sigs off.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 04, 2021, 12:33:14 pm »

Alrighty, I think I get what Glooble is doing, now.

Here's my full claim:

I am Catherine Shelby, a Town 2-shot Motivator
I targeted Glooble both nights I could take action.

I see now that if I had targeted Eddie, for example, he could have been a single night vig. Obviously my power is designed to assist us past the on/off timeline hurdle. Also, since scum has a poisoner, and it looks like it might be Glooble, then my power also helps them kill in one night especially if we already took out the scum capable of making normal kills?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 04, 2021, 12:50:37 pm »

Ok, so we haven't had a single night with double kills. That makes me think it's unlikely scum has both a normal kill and a poison kill, unless maybe the scum poisoner is one-shot, but then why would Eddie have had two doctor shots?

The poisoner could be an SK variant, but again, why haven't they killed?

We know from Eddie's flip that poison must exist. I think it's logical to assume scum can only poison. Which means their decision about who dies tonight is already made.

Yes, how could gkrieg have died then? That's what we talked about D3, and it's still valid.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1206 on: June 04, 2021, 01:11:21 pm »

Here's my full claim:

I see now that if I had targeted Eddie, for example, he could have been a single night vig. Obviously my power is designed to assist us past the on/off timeline hurdle. Also, since scum has a poisoner, and it looks like it might be Glooble, then my power also helps them kill in one night especially if we already took out the scum capable of making normal kills?

PPS, I do not have a night action. So that's probably why your power didn't effect me.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1207 on: June 04, 2021, 01:12:42 pm »

Does your power say what would happen if you target someone who doesn't have a night action?

He/ Him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 04, 2021, 01:51:05 pm »

Here's my full claim:

Why would you use up both your shots and target gloobie two times? Now this seems like the kind of last minute thing scum would try. While it's not today's timeline who do you believe more PPS or Gloobie?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 04, 2021, 02:04:43 pm »

I don't know why it took so long to remember this, and I don't know how many people have been partners with scumapasta before, but they were all about the plans and trying to figure out plays involving claims. Unfortunately, I can't really say more about what specifically they came up with in BSG season 1 because of not public info, but I firmly believe a mason fakeclaim is 100% something scola would be all for trying based on that. Now that Jack is in the game, he could probably 2nd what I'm saying, because he was our other partner and might remember (or I guess go back and verify) a time or two where I was trying to caution scola about the drawbacks and risks of the plan(s) they were coming up with.

--snip--

And you're forgetting that a) those plans were attempt to cover up something that needed covering up and b) for the most part they were to be used, as needed, reactively. They don't fit the pattern of claiming masons at the beginning of the day. (and also when most people were town reading gloobie, ie why endanger him if we were both scum).

--snip--

I actually just don't agree with either part of your summary of your plans from that game. I grant that some were reactive to previous day's events, but certainly not all, and definitely not the ones that involved coming up with fake claims. You were thinking ahead to the endgame in early nights and trying to come up with claims and cover stories for actions long before there was any real need to do so. And also, you spent part of it trying to come up with cover and a fake claim FOR ME when I wasn't going to be taking an action anyway. There wasn't anything for me to cover up, but you tried creating a claim for both of us that would give one or both of us credibility if needed since there were moments we were both under pressure in that game.

I think you're skirting (or have crossed) the rule of revealing public info from that game. Which makes it hard for me to contradict without also breaking that rule.

I mean generally, I would think this would mean that my claiming mason is NAI because I could do it as scum, as well as town. (i.e. you seem to be doing the same thing as I've been doing with WCD)

I also don't think I'm doing the same thing at all. I'm comparing your play in this game to a very recent scum game of yours, and I think you are that version of yourself. You seem to have misread a post and have let that impression color how you have read the rest of their posts.

Um, you were reading me as scum before you even mentioned the BSG game. (You even said "why I haven't thought of this earlier"). Then you're using the BSG evidence letting the previous impression color your interpretation of the BSG game. Like I said, I'm not saying the mason claim is 100% proof of being town (i completely see the "scum ploy" read if it by other town). But you're ignoring the side of it which makes sense as our being town which is as likely, if not more likely than the scum ploy idea, especially given other evidence. (my breadcrumbing it earlier, gloobie and I both criticizing ash's attack on joth).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 04, 2021, 02:28:31 pm »

Here's my full claim:

Why would you use up both your shots and target gloobie two times? Now this seems like the kind of last minute thing scum would try. While it's not today's timeline who do you believe more PPS or Gloobie?

I targeted Glooble first because I town read him, period. I targeted him a second time because after yesterday's POE situation I figured I'm probably getting flipped regardless so I wanted to use up my shots, and well, Glooble was being what we call too scummy to be scum and stayed my top town read. I explicitly breadcrumbed this yesterday when we were considering me or Eddie and I straight claimed that I had taken town action that was confirmable. It never pushed to requiring confirmation and I read Glooble not saying anything unnecessarily as also towny.

At any rate, this clearly is not some last minute thing considering I claimed it yesterday.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 04, 2021, 02:29:25 pm »

Does your power say what would happen if you target someone who doesn't have a night action?

It does not. Also, the mod has made no confirmation or otherwise any other response whatsoever to my actions.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 04, 2021, 02:31:43 pm »

It does not. Also, the mod has made no confirmation or otherwise any other response whatsoever to my actions.

It does say that my target will be informed that they are motivated.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1213 on: June 04, 2021, 02:51:46 pm »

It does say that my target will be informed that they are motivated.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I wan't informed of anything. And I don't see why I'd lie about that if I was scum.

He/ Him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 04, 2021, 03:07:27 pm »

My night actions have always been confirmed. Is this a scumslip?
I have sigs off.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: June 04, 2021, 03:31:30 pm »

Jack, what would you have done / said differently from Galz silence had you been around already then? During D2 for example?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 04, 2021, 03:56:33 pm »

My night actions have always been confirmed. Is this a scumslip?

Oh hey, I was wrong. I double checked. The first one, I had gotten wires crossed and changed my target so the confirmation came in a more general tone. I see now I got confirmation on the second action. Not sure how i missed it but I don't do notifications or anything so I do have to manually get to it from my PM.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 04, 2021, 04:39:39 pm »

Don't know, but I think I'd have sided with ash on the subject of "two scum on each timeline is likely, but not necessarily guaranteed".
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 04, 2021, 04:52:03 pm »

Leaning towards Dylan, just by POE.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 04, 2021, 04:54:53 pm »

Leaning towards Dylan, just by POE.

Dylan over Galz?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 04, 2021, 05:06:46 pm »

I mean Jack! Sorry

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 04, 2021, 05:38:48 pm »

Don't know, but I think I'd have sided with ash on the subject of "two scum on each timeline is likely, but not necessarily guaranteed".

The way you wrote this is confusing to me. What does it mean to side with ash on that?

Have you been spectating since the beginning?
If so, what would have been your suggestion for mathdude to guess (and why)?
Did you think eddie was scum when he got voted to be exiled?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 04, 2021, 05:54:50 pm »

I thought Eddie was scum, and was wrong; I thought Joth was scum, and was right. I would probably have guessed 0 in mathdude's position.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 04, 2021, 05:55:58 pm »

(Joth's position was "there must be a 2-2 scum split" and Ash's was "there's likely a 2-2 scum split, but we don't know".)

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 04, 2021, 07:57:23 pm »

(Joth's position was "there must be a 2-2 scum split" and Ash's was "there's likely a 2-2 scum split, but we don't know".)

And what is the implication of you agreeing with that conclusion?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.