Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 134269 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1025 on: May 26, 2021, 12:31:02 pm »

ash keeps using these terms "truth and lie" and it's really manipulative. Show me where I claimed to have any knowledge, ash. All I did was agree with, and offer some support for, a reasonable default hypothesis that many others have put forward. I've taken an incredibly innocuous and non-controversial position and I've taken it in a fairly level-headed, open-minded way.

You, on the other hand, have gone to the mattresses to defend a fairly unlikely assertion, calling anything else "insulting" and "absurd". And now you're trying to make this into something that it isn't to get me exiled.

And no, town absolutely won't actually exile you after I flip. If I thought they would, I might consider embracing your 1v1. But you know you have an entire timeline cycle for people to forget about this and that you'll easily be able to weasel out.

These 1v1s are basically always bad for town. I choose not to take your bait. Though I'm also not moving my vote.

I've taken an incredibly innocuous and non-controversial position

And no, town absolutely won't actually exile you after I flip.

If I thought they would, I might consider embracing your 1v1...These 1v1s are basically always bad for town....I'm also not moving my vote.

All things scum says and does.

He drew, he fired, he missed.

Vote: Joth

PPS is town (or not the same team as Joth). Even when scum busses, this isn't it.

(I was looking for this post after seeing some comments about PPS. Turns out that first paragraph by Joth is a great example of what I was describing a couple posts ago.)

Maybe, but italics voting is not the same as voting.

(also sorry for being so absent "today"; part busy, part not my timeline)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 3!
« Reply #1026 on: May 26, 2021, 01:41:28 pm »

But it sounds like I am wrong, regardless, which is mostly evidence that I am better at paying attention to nuance when I am playing instead of following along.

Why are you saying you're wrong? Chances are Uncle's confession comes from town more than scum.

I guess this day ends as it started, with me scumreading uncle and defending him slightly from things.

True enough. I was just feeling a bit defeated by feeling really good about my Joth read yesterday, and similarly good about my Eddie read and having it quashed.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 26, 2021, 01:43:13 pm »

Vote Count 3.3:

Eddie (4): Awaclus, PPS, Glooble, hypercube
PPS (1): Eddie
Not Voting (7): MiX, EFHW, WCD, scolapasta, Galzria, Ashersky, Dylan32

With 6 alive on the ACTIVE TIMELINE, it took 4 to Exile.

Today the active timeline is the REVERSE TIMELINE. We will remain in the REVERSE TIMELINE until the start of Day 2.
Only players from the currently active timeline may vote, or be voted for.

Twilight begins now and ends in 24 hours. That is tomorrow at 1:40pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 26, 2021, 01:49:33 pm »

Did we have twilight yesterday?

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 26, 2021, 01:53:11 pm »

No. It could be something that always happens in this timeline?
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 26, 2021, 01:59:15 pm »

Huh. That's strange.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 26, 2021, 02:14:44 pm »

Huh. That's strange.

Right because we did have twilight D1, but that also seemed it may have been because of mathdude's ability.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1032 on: May 26, 2021, 02:19:11 pm »

So it would seem this timeline has someone else with a power that has to be used in twilight.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 26, 2021, 02:19:45 pm »

So it would seem this timeline has someone else with a power that has to be used in twilight.

At least math did.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 26, 2021, 02:34:23 pm »

Gah! Swowl, you are killing us!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 26, 2021, 02:38:38 pm »

It's not swowl killing you scum, it's town doing it...

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 26, 2021, 02:50:17 pm »

I don't feel like waiting 24 hours :(. Or admitting that ashersky's scumslip argument was correct, though I think it was, and did before the hammer, too. ash - what percentage of the time do you think your scumslips arguments turn out to be correct?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 26, 2021, 02:56:57 pm »

You calling WCD bad? Shame.

Also, I was feeling clever with my little post after being voted out.

I made it so it could be read as scum from this perspective but after I flipped you could reread everything from the perspective of me being Town and it would make sense.

It was funny.

I was laughing.

(Finding my partners = other town)

That being said, feels to be bad form to not come clean now in case someone can save me.

I doubt anyone will, but it’s the thing to do.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 26, 2021, 03:02:09 pm »

And then we laughed and laughed....

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 26, 2021, 04:59:02 pm »

I made it so it could be read as scum from this perspective but after I flipped you could reread everything from the perspective of me being Town and it would make sense.

It was funny.

I was laughing.

That being said, feels to be bad form to not come clean now in case someone can save me.

I saw that. It was funny. Not funny enough to lol though.

Okay I'm just going to assume you're town now. What are your scumreads, hyper and...?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 26, 2021, 05:11:35 pm »

Hyper hammering me was the towniest thing he has done all game, genuinely shook me.

Isn’t gut is rarely wrong, though, so there you go.

Your lack of activity today was hugely scummy in my eyes, but I have decided I’m not allowed to use that read, so there ya go.

I trust Awa, even if I have no right to. (Mainly because Hyper is so evil in my eyes and it can’t be two of them)

I find it likely PPS is scum by mandatory rule.

I genuinely TR Glooble, but (and I cant stress this enough) I have been wrong about him before.

I think PPS/Cube has a clean look to it.

Even looking at cubes random PPS thing with me and early today when PPS “saw what I was laying down about Cube”

Both very partners things to say/do.

Eh...

A lot less confident than I was about EFHW that one all those times, but enough that ima just write that on the stone and move on.

If WCD isn’t town now, then I need to throw in the towel and retire on ever being able to read her properly.

After all these games with her, I have exactly 1 town tell for her that hasn’t failed yet, and she did it this game.

I am willing to stake my reputation on that. (*winces*)

Also, you not posting today was scummy.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 26, 2021, 05:17:12 pm »

So...hyper/pps?

And is that a townread or a scumread on EFHW?

(Also what did you mean to write where it says "isn't gut is rarely wrong")

(Also, uh, sorry for being super inactive today...)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 26, 2021, 05:19:32 pm »

With no flip and continued twilight doesn't that negate a governor delaying things? Cause we could really use one right now if Eddie actually is town.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 26, 2021, 05:21:14 pm »

It was funny.

I was laughing.

Okay I'm just going to assume you're town now. What are your scumreads, hyper and...?

Why assume he's actually town though? If there's potential for someone to act in twilight (presumably something like a governor type of role), why should we just make that assumption because he said "lol jk"? If you are just setting your own personal expectations regarding the impending(?) flip, then fine, but there was nothing in his post hammer comments that actually seems particularly townie to me. Like if you were hammered, said good luck to your scumbuddies, and then the thread realized there is at least a chance someone can do something in twilight (governor comes to mind), of course you're going to say yeah the townies are my partners.

To be clear, I still think Eddie is going to flip scum. One thing that was maybe kind of sort of mentioned by Ash once, but the poison doctor that can kill strikes me as a scummy claim, just like Joth claiming RB. Like, yeah there are town RBs, but they are much less common than scum RBs, so an RB is often a "safe" fake claim for scum. Either they can claim their real power or they can assume they probably aren't going to get counterclaimed (depending on the game/setup obviously). In a similar vein, a poison doctor claim has a lot of advantages for scum. The way Eddie described his role, he has cover for being caught killing someone later in the game once. He has cover if he is seen trying to kill someone but someone else protects them. If poison isn't even in the game, it adds confusion for parsing night actions. I mean, we haven't even seen more than one kill in a night yet. Simplest solution is just scum has one NK, or if multiball each faction can only shoot on alternating nights. Yeah, protection is totally possible, but to have happened two nights in a row in a game this big would be something else.

I don't know. If there's anyone out there that would have the choice to reverse the exile, this is NOT the time to do that imho...

ppe 3
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 26, 2021, 05:21:43 pm »

So...hyper/pps?

And is that a townread or a scumread on EFHW?

(Also what did you mean to write where it says "isn't gut is rarely wrong")

(Also, uh, sorry for being super inactive today...)

My gut*

EFHW was a reeeence (that is my weirdest typo ever and I’m keeping it) to other games.

My current read on her is “can’t see through the timeline fog”

I can usually only read people that interact with me directly, hence me having stronger reads on WCD/Ash than anyone else in the other timelines. (I probably see Ash as towny but probably less towny than everyone else, still strong Town though,, to be clear)

I have musings about Dylan, but nothing I want to clutter the thread with.

Uncleeurope Eddie

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 26, 2021, 05:22:37 pm »

It was funny.

I was laughing.

Why assume he's actually town though? If there's potential for someone to act in twilight (presumably something like a governor type of role), why should we just make that assumption because he said "lol jk"? If you are just setting your own personal expectations regarding the impending(?) flip, then fine, but there was nothing in his post hammer comments that actually seems particularly townie to me. Like if you were hammered, said good luck to your scumbuddies, and then the thread realized there is at least a chance someone can do something in twilight (governor comes to mind), of course you're going to say yeah the townies are my partners.

To be clear, I still think Eddie is going to flip scum. One thing that was maybe kind of sort of mentioned by Ash once, but the poison doctor that can kill strikes me as a scummy claim, just like Joth claiming RB. Like, yeah there are town RBs, but they are much less common than scum RBs, so an RB is often a "safe" fake claim for scum. Either they can claim their real power or they can assume they probably aren't going to get counterclaimed (depending on the game/setup obviously). In a similar vein, a poison doctor claim has a lot of advantages for scum. The way Eddie described his role, he has cover for being caught killing someone later in the game once. He has cover if he is seen trying to kill someone but someone else protects them. If poison isn't even in the game, it adds confusion for parsing night actions. I mean, we haven't even seen more than one kill in a night yet. Simplest solution is just scum has one NK, or if multiball each faction can only shoot on alternating nights. Yeah, protection is totally possible, but to have happened two nights in a row in a game this big would be something else.

I don't know. If there's anyone out there that would have the choice to reverse the exile, this is NOT the time to do that imho...

ppe 3

Right, a reverse is only useful when alignment is known. I thought that was the case with a governor, though.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 26, 2021, 05:23:56 pm »

Eh, I will clutter the thread (been doing that enough already anyway)

Dylan is very wrong Town.

Like Glooble!

Uncleeurope Eddie

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 26, 2021, 05:27:22 pm »

Re PPS: I could be wrong, because I don't remember ever actually seeing a governor act, but I didn't think they got to see a flip before making their decision. Like the idea of a pardon is that the executive ignores the true innocence/guilt of the subject and says you are free. Think about it, a governor that gets to know the flip before their decision creates 2 ICs the moment they use their power (barring counterclaim), and I don't think that's what happens.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 26, 2021, 05:29:49 pm »

Like Glooble!

Hey now, I was right about Joth, so I'm doing better than Glooble by default this game, so there's no need for name calling! Haha

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 26, 2021, 05:31:17 pm »

Like Glooble!

Hey now, I was right about Joth, so I'm doing better than Glooble by default this game, so there's no need for name calling! Haha

Hey, man, let the dead man have his fun, I have so few opportunities for name calling left!

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56  All

Page created in 2.233 seconds with 20 queries.