Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 134083 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 3!
« Reply #1000 on: May 26, 2021, 07:55:03 am »

The fact that Eddie has been at x-1 for a couple of days now really, really makes me think he’s town.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 26, 2021, 08:26:34 am »

The fact that Eddie has been at x-1 for a couple of days now really, really makes me think he’s town.

This is giving me pause too - although joth also sat at X-1 for a while.

Unless Eddie's the only scum in this timeline, if he's scum someone is bussing. I don't think it makes that much sense for Glooble or Awaclus to be bussing; MiX I guess is possible but I think he'd find someone else to push. That leaves PPS, which does make some sense. The chairs kill makes a lot more sense if they're both scum than if only one of them is - they can use it to push for an exile in the on-wagon group, and if town decides they want a 1v1 there it could be OK for the survivor.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1002 on: May 26, 2021, 08:29:42 am »

Really? Weren't you one of the people using the exact same reasoning to say joth was scum?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 26, 2021, 08:32:10 am »

Unless Eddie's the only scum in this timeline, if he's scum someone is bussing. I don't think it makes that much sense for Glooble or Awaclus to be bussing; MiX I guess is possible but I think he'd find someone else to push. That leaves PPS, which does make some sense. The chairs kill makes a lot more sense if they're both scum than if only one of them is - they can use it to push for an exile in the on-wagon group, and if town decides they want a 1v1 there it could be OK for the survivor.

Wanna create a counter-wagon on PPS? It could be fun!
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1004 on: May 26, 2021, 08:33:16 am »

Please enlighten me about this. Yesterday, when joth stalled at E-1, pingpongsam was like "wagon is stalled, he must be scum" and WCD agreed with him. Now Eddie's wagon is stalled at E-1 and WCD is like "wagon is stalled, he must be town". What is different between the two scenarios that would make you draw the opposite conclusion from the same data?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 26, 2021, 08:34:44 am »

Please enlighten me about this. Yesterday, when joth stalled at E-1, pingpongsam was like "wagon is stalled, he must be scum" and WCD agreed with him. Now Eddie's wagon is stalled at E-1 and WCD is like "wagon is stalled, he must be town". What is different between the two scenarios that would make you draw the opposite conclusion from the same data?
l

The accuracy of the statement for one.

WCD just likes being right.

I can respect that.

Uncleeurope Eddie

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 26, 2021, 08:36:47 am »

Wanna create a counter-wagon on PPS? It could be fun!

I think what I'm left with is that if you're scum PPS is likely to be your partner and if you're town PPS is most likely scum, so sure.

vote: PPS
I have sigs off.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 26, 2021, 08:41:37 am »

Cool, cool, now we just need Glooble to vote with his top scum read against a null read.

We might just pull this off.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1008 on: May 26, 2021, 08:41:56 am »

Cube, why are you so sure one scum is bussing? Can you please elaborate on how you came to that conclusion.

He/ Him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 26, 2021, 08:44:09 am »

Cool, cool, now we just need Glooble to vote with his top scum read against a null read.

We might just pull this off.

I just realized that’s what I’m doing.

Soooo... that’s awkward.

Uncleeurope Eddie

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 26, 2021, 08:46:53 am »

Cube, why are you so sure one scum is bussing? Can you please elaborate on how you came to that conclusion.

Awaclus, PPS, and you are all voting for Eddie, MiX is definitely insinuating that he wants to. That's everyone in this timeline except for Eddie and me.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 26, 2021, 08:47:48 am »

OK it's also possible there's only one scum in this timeline and it's Eddie, but I don't think that's very likely. 7 v 1 seems crazy townsided.
I have sigs off.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 26, 2021, 08:48:13 am »

(To be clear, I think Town cube hammers me every time here, still fully asserting my scum read)

(But don’t tell Hyper I said that)

Yay, gotta love PPS wagons!

Uncleeurope Eddie

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 26, 2021, 09:20:58 am »

(To be clear, I think Town cube hammers me every time here, still fully asserting my scum read)

I think this means you're expecting to get caught.

vote: Eddie
I have sigs off.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 26, 2021, 09:24:02 am »

Well, I guess I did one too many scum slips there, haha. Sorry, team.

Hope you have luck finding my partners.

Wouldn’t change how I played, that though.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 26, 2021, 09:28:40 am »

Is that hammer?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1016 on: May 26, 2021, 09:43:01 am »

Is that hammer?

Believe so.

He/ Him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 26, 2021, 09:49:04 am »

Well, I guess I did one too many scum slips there, haha. Sorry, team.

Hope you have luck finding my partners.

Wouldn’t change how I played, that though.

Good, I was going to be offended if you were actually that bad at reading me.
I have sigs off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 26, 2021, 09:52:39 am »

Dunno, really. Maybe that I am watching instead of playing. When I was playing (FT), I knew I was town.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 26, 2021, 09:55:41 am »

But it sounds like I am wrong, regardless, which is mostly evidence that I am better at paying attention to nuance when I am playing instead of following along.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 26, 2021, 10:08:24 am »

But it sounds like I am wrong, regardless, which is mostly evidence that I am better at paying attention to nuance when I am playing instead of following along.

Why are you saying you're wrong? Chances are Uncle's confession comes from town more than scum.

I guess this day ends as it started, with me scumreading uncle and defending him slightly from things.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1021 on: May 26, 2021, 10:10:36 am »

Why are you saying you're wrong? Chances are Uncle's confession comes from town more than scum.

Why would town confess to being scum?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 26, 2021, 11:30:14 am »

When scum emphatically wants town to believe something, it seems worthwhile to reconsider that assumption. Your read of joth in lieu of his flip was that 2 per timeline was more likely. My view was that it was now less likely, because one of its main proponents turned out to be scum - I.e. a person with a vested interest in killing us.

It’s like if I believed, based on independent research, that alligators wouldn’t eat people and there was someone I trusted who strongly agreed with that assumption, then I found out that person was actually an alligator who ate people. It might cause me to re-examine.

Depending on the thing and the context, yeah, you're right. But on occassion, scum says something that they could only know because of info they have that town doesn't. In this case, part of the initial push on Joth was that he sounded a little bit too confident that it was 2-2, to the point that only someone on the scum team would know it with that level of certainty. So in this particular context, my confidence that it is 2-2 actually went up as a result of the flip.

Why do I think that is the case rather than what you said? Because of the way Joth defended himself. Most people who assumed 2-2 and/or sided with Joth were focused on "I/we didn't say it absolutely was 2-2" kind of arguments. To them, the issue was that they felt Ash was misrepresenting their statements.  Joth agreed with that, but pushed back more on the point that assuming 2-2 was a reasonable and pro-town thing to do more than others. The focus their suggests that Joth knew he had used info that he had and town didn't and was getting pressure on it, and so in order to diffuse the point he needed to make people believe it was a towny thing for him to have done in the first place.  Now I could be wrong about this, but would have to go back and read the whole day again to double check my memory, which I'm not going to do in twilight.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 26, 2021, 11:31:20 am »

Why would town confess to being scum?

If anyone would, based on his tone this game, Eddie absolutely would just out of spite haha.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1024 on: May 26, 2021, 11:34:32 am »

ash keeps using these terms "truth and lie" and it's really manipulative. Show me where I claimed to have any knowledge, ash. All I did was agree with, and offer some support for, a reasonable default hypothesis that many others have put forward. I've taken an incredibly innocuous and non-controversial position and I've taken it in a fairly level-headed, open-minded way.

You, on the other hand, have gone to the mattresses to defend a fairly unlikely assertion, calling anything else "insulting" and "absurd". And now you're trying to make this into something that it isn't to get me exiled.

And no, town absolutely won't actually exile you after I flip. If I thought they would, I might consider embracing your 1v1. But you know you have an entire timeline cycle for people to forget about this and that you'll easily be able to weasel out.

These 1v1s are basically always bad for town. I choose not to take your bait. Though I'm also not moving my vote.

I've taken an incredibly innocuous and non-controversial position

And no, town absolutely won't actually exile you after I flip.

If I thought they would, I might consider embracing your 1v1...These 1v1s are basically always bad for town....I'm also not moving my vote.

All things scum says and does.

He drew, he fired, he missed.

Vote: Joth

PPS is town (or not the same team as Joth). Even when scum busses, this isn't it.

(I was looking for this post after seeing some comments about PPS. Turns out that first paragraph by Joth is a great example of what I was describing a couple posts ago.)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.496 seconds with 20 queries.