Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130465 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 1!
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2021, 01:01:11 pm »

One thing no one has mentioned, and I think it’s worth pointing it out to give swowl some design credit. In the movie, the two timelines eventually converge. By what mechanic that might be done, idk, but I feel like the scum win one timeline and auto win the game scenario is one that probably would have been thought of in the design process while deciding mechanics of dividing up the TLs.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2021, 01:07:43 pm »

One thing no one has mentioned, and I think it’s worth pointing it out to give swowl some design credit. In the movie, the two timelines eventually converge. By what mechanic that might be done, idk, but I feel like the scum win one timeline and auto win the game scenario is one that probably would have been thought of in the design process while deciding mechanics of dividing up the TLs.

I was going to mention this too. There's no way swowl didn't consider this and mitigated for it with either merging timelines, PRs that can switch, or PRs that can do cross timeline shenangians.

Also, if one does have an investigative power, better to reveal to your QT than the main thread, no? Main thread guarantees scum will see it; with QT it's less likely than not. Note, I'm not saying investigative powers should reveal just that there is a reasonable rationale, if / when you trust your QT mate.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2021, 01:13:30 pm »

It's occurred to me that timelines merging matches the narrative structure of the movie, so that's a minor point suggesting that that will happen at some point.

EFHW, Dylan, ashersky all have said that the advantage of the italic voting plan is in concealing people's timelines - these are first of all not really possible to conceal as has been pointed out already, and also there seems to be obvious advantages to letting everyone vote. I'm not sure if not picking up on that is scummy or towny though.
No, you have that backwards. The advantage of concealing timelines is that the italics plan could preserve some agency for the forward timeline folks. There are probably too many known timelines at this point for it to work, though.

It sure feels like we're not going to get anywhere if we don't even know who we can exile.

On that note, people who have claimed/are confirmed Reverse: MiX, Glooble, mathdude, faust, hypercube
Forward: Dylan, scolapasta, Galzria, EFHW, Didds
Unknown: chairs, joth, ashersky, PPS, Awaclus, gkreig

So out of Reverse/Unknown, I think I like vote: joth
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2021, 01:35:10 pm »

vote: joth. Feels very much like his last scum game.

vote: joth

Been feeling this too. Town joth tends to be a mix of useful posts and irreverent/jokey posts, all jokes joth is often scum!joth. But I think he's forward timeline (at least he implied as much.)

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2021, 01:36:15 pm »

(I'm probably going to put an actual vote down on faust, MiX, or mathdude I just can't decide who. Need time to reread/ think and work is busy.)

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2021, 01:37:13 pm »

Oh and timeline QT buddy- please read our QT and answer my question when you have a chance. Thx.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2021, 01:43:09 pm »

Here's a slightly more specific summary of my thinking (part of me posting this is just holding myself accountable to flesh this out once I have time) - I am weighing the merits of three scenarios right now, one where faust is scum and MiX is town, one where MiX is scum and faust is town, and one where they are both town and mathdude is scum trying hard to push the faust vs. MiX narrative. I would be incredibly surprised if all three of them were town-aligned.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2021, 02:33:52 pm »

Been feeling this too. Town joth tends to be a mix of useful posts and irreverent/jokey posts, all jokes joth is often scum!joth. But I think he's forward timeline (at least he implied as much.)
He hasn't been all jokes.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2021, 03:11:26 pm »

Vote Count 1.2:

MiX (2): PPS, Awaclus
hypercube (1): mathdude
faust (1): MiX

Not Voting (12): EFHW, WCD, scolapasta, faust, chairs, hypercube, Joth, Galzria, Ashersky, Glooble, gkrieg, Dylan

With 8 alive on the ACTIVE TIMELINE, it takes 5 to Exile.
Day 1 starts now and ends Tuesday, May 11th at 3:25pm Forum Time.

*Chairs has been prodded.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2021, 03:19:35 pm »

Yeah, just reread and one of (if not his first) post was a joke, but then it's all been either game related or drawing from the movie itself in serious ways.

Vote: Glooble for jumping on someone else's scumread for a fake reason that isn't even remotely true.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2021, 03:43:38 pm »

Maybe not all jokes, but very little substance compared to his normal games. Everything he's said has looked to me like stuff you say just to avoid looking like a lurker.

So I did a quick reread of mathdude, and some of the stuff I thought he'd said was actually pingpongsam. But- he still came off really scummy to me in the reread. It definitely seemed liked he was fishing for role info, and the way he's pushing faust looks opportunistic and shady. Also, I think faust is town.

So I'm comfortable with a vote: mathdude.

He/ Him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2021, 04:49:17 pm »

Maybe not all jokes, but very little substance compared to his normal games. Everything he's said has looked to me like stuff you say just to avoid looking like a lurker.

So I did a quick reread of mathdude, and some of the stuff I thought he'd said was actually pingpongsam. But- he still came off really scummy to me in the reread. It definitely seemed liked he was fishing for role info, and the way he's pushing faust looks opportunistic and shady. Also, I think faust is town.

I can't do anything about it today anyway, but there's nothing short of public mod confirmation that mathdude is scum that would make me do anything to eliminate them D1 this game. After pushing his exile in his first game here and what happened last game in the middle of the day (his 2nd game here), dude deserves to see what a D2 looks like here in game 3 lol.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2021, 05:00:35 pm »

I can't do anything about it today anyway, but there's nothing short of public mod confirmation that mathdude is scum that would make me do anything to eliminate them D1 this game. After pushing his exile in his first game here and what happened last game in the middle of the day (his 2nd game here), dude deserves to see what a D2 looks like here in game 3 lol.

Thanks for the context- I've been taking a break since the fall, so I've never played with him before.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2021, 05:03:51 pm »

This is not game 3 - he's been scum since.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2021, 05:10:49 pm »

Vote: faust

Timeline hiding is worthless.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2021, 06:05:45 pm »

Oh, are you counting the BM game? Because I feel like those don’t count lol

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2021, 06:16:45 pm »

It was more or less just an RMM, I think the main "bastard" mechanic in it was that players weren't always fully told what their abilities did.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2021, 06:17:49 pm »

It was more or less just an RMM, I think the main "bastard" mechanic in it was that players weren't always fully told what their abilities did.

It was normal enough that him being scum there is enough to consider him having been scum before. He had a normal scum team and all.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2021, 07:42:05 pm »

I was going to mention this too. There's no way swowl didn't consider this and mitigated for it with either merging timelines, PRs that can switch, or PRs that can do cross timeline shenangians.

I'm at least 90% sure this is accounted for. I asked a question in QT and the response wasn't indicative but basically gives me confidence in saying we won't lose automatically if scum takes majority in one timeline.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2021, 07:51:21 pm »

Yeah, just reread and one of (if not his first) post was a joke, but then it's all been either game related or drawing from the movie itself in serious ways.

Vote: Glooble for jumping on someone else's scumread for a fake reason that isn't even remotely true.

So voting for one of the people who has actually been helpful in pointing out reasons faust is likely scum? Are you defending faust or just misreading Glooble?
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2021, 07:56:02 pm »

Here's a slightly more specific summary of my thinking (part of me posting this is just holding myself accountable to flesh this out once I have time) - I am weighing the merits of three scenarios right now, one where faust is scum and MiX is town, one where MiX is scum and faust is town, and one where they are both town and mathdude is scum trying hard to push the faust vs. MiX narrative. I would be incredibly surprised if all three of them were town-aligned.

I'm town. So you're basically saying one of MiX or faust are scum but not both. Noted.

So some of the stuff you thought I said was pps, yet you still think I'm scummy? I'm not fishing for info. I'm trying to help down actually do something today.
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2021, 07:56:52 pm »

I'm at least 90% sure this is accounted for. I asked a question in QT and the response wasn't indicative but basically gives me confidence in saying we won't lose automatically if scum takes majority in one timeline.

Why ask in QT vs main thread?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2021, 08:03:10 pm »

Ya, I don't want to throw myself under the bus, but that BM game basically felt like RMM. And I was scum. And I think I played it fairly well. Probably too well, because I played it the way I want to play as town. So now whatever I do (push between pubby and Bright in that game, pushing between faust and opposing views here) is going to look scummy because of that. That's life. It's the town meta that works for me. I'm town here. I'm doing it again. Take that as you will. I won't give up. I won't let down. And I won't change.

Good question. I just did. You want me to ask here too?
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2021, 08:06:04 pm »

[/quote]

No, I want to know why you asked in the QT vs main thread.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2021, 08:07:00 pm »

Whoops, quote fail:

No, I want to know why you asked in the QT vs main thread.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.