Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Don't play Dominion  (Read 2650 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Don't play Dominion
« on: July 26, 2020, 06:00:53 pm »
+2

Shared cards are very unhygienic.
I'm playing keyforge on a visit to my mother because the cards aren't shared.  I gave her a deck that's been baking in the sun in my car since March and won't touch it and the game never required touching eachother cards and we're masked.
Dominion just doesn't play like that.

Don't play any Dominion even though it's a better game.

Theory will ban me one day I will get there.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +972
    • View Profile
Re: Don't play Dominion
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 06:59:23 pm »

Shared cards are very unhygienic.
I'm playing keyforge on a visit to my mother because the cards aren't shared.  I gave her a deck that's been baking in the sun in my car since March and won't touch it and the game never required touching eachother cards and we're masked.
Dominion just doesn't play like that.

Don't play any Dominion even though it's a better game.

Theory will ban me one day I will get there.

me and my best friend are playing online for the past couple of years even though we have all the expansions and live literally next room to each other. We stayed healthy before it was cool
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 08:45:42 pm »
+3

Just wash your hands before you start and don't touch your face. Dominion cards are not really shared within a game, only when you clean up at the end.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 09:45:45 pm »
+2

Just wash your hands before you start and don't touch your face. Dominion cards are not really shared within a game, only when you clean up at the end.

Pubby plays Masquerade  8)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 10:37:55 pm »
+1

In theory if your cards have not been touched since the life of the virus on plastic (because most of you materialists sleeve your cards, you save several days if you get to use the lifespan for cardboard) you could play one game carefully then stop, with Masquerade, Ambassador, and Graverobber banned.  You need to reuse provinces.  Maybe you could avoid returning your seven coppers to the supply and play a Colony game on an action heavy board where Silver is bad for a second game.
If the cards really haven't been touched, washing your hands before you play isn't that relevant.  You can't pretend your hands are not virus vectors during play just because you washed your hands first, your breath is generally going to spread virus to your own hands during play so you don't want to Ambassador a single curse on turn 7 if you last washed your hands on turn 0.
"Don't touch your face" is not reliable.  Anthony Fauci touched his face on national television.  If your forehead sweats you will probably scratch it.  By all means always do your best not to touch your face, and grab a napkin or whatever scratch an itch on your face.  But human humans can't pull it off that well.  I bet people do it even more than they realize, it's like blinking.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 04:17:41 am »
+1

"Don't touch your face" is not reliable.  Anthony Fauci touched his face on national television.  If your forehead sweats you will probably scratch it.  By all means always do your best not to touch your face, and grab a napkin or whatever scratch an itch on your face.  But human humans can't pull it off that well.  I bet people do it even more than they realize, it's like blinking.

There are some people who have the ability to not touch their face reliably, and some who don't. If you're in the former group, it's definitely safe to play dominion. If you're in the latter, it may not be. But it's wrong to make it sound like no-one can do it.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 10:21:09 am »
+1

I only ever play with my wife, and if one of us gets it the other is getting it anyways.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.