Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190621 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2020, 08:47:59 pm »

As Robz put it via Mcmc: Annoying posting does not equal scummy posting.

(I don’t think it’s annoying at all. ❤️ Hearthstone. Posts make me chuckle).

The point being, there’s nothing in those posts that are alignment indicative. Judge game posts, not fluff posts.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2020, 09:01:57 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Because I am getting scum vibes off Galzria. Specifically, this post:

Well uh I think that's actually like x-1 what the hell

Unvote

Oh spare me the faux panicky unvoting when there's little real danger we'd exile MiX.

But also, this.

vote: Chairs

Robz - why did you make this post but not vote for Chairs?

Ok, now I'm having a hard time articulating why this is scummy. Basically, I think it's scummy to jump on someone else's case and then sort of softly egg that person on to back it up with a vote. Like he's impatient to get a wagon going.

I don't agree, I think the question was fine.

I do think Galz is behaving quite like he did last game as scum, mostly in terms of relatively being lurky, but it's kind of early to say so for sure.

And then we're getting into WIFOM territory, but doesn't scum!Galz switch it up and go for overactivity here?
Swowy, I tend to think Robz has the same alignment as the Finkle Einhorn card based on this post.  Would you agree?  It's a weak feeling for me.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2020, 09:02:57 pm »

As galzria has explained any of my posts that reference hearthstone cards are not game posts so let me have a private chat with swowy please  ;)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2020, 09:03:55 pm »

Omg smilies have been disabled on my forum for four days I feel like I've snuck into a speakeasy getting to use them 8) 8) ;D ;D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2020, 09:11:36 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Unvote

Oh spare me the faux panicky unvoting when there's little real danger we'd exile MiX.

But also, this.

Ok, now I'm having a hard time articulating why this is scummy. Basically, I think it's scummy to jump on someone else's case and then sort of softly egg that person on to back it up with a vote. Like he's impatient to get a wagon going.

I do think Galz is behaving quite like he did last game as scum, mostly in terms of relatively being lurky, but it's kind of early to say so for sure.

And then we're getting into WIFOM territory, but doesn't scum!Galz switch it up and go for overactivity here?
Swowy, I tend to think Robz has the same alignment as the Finkle Einhorn card based on this post.  Would you agree?  It's a weak feeling for me.

What, playing for the other team? Eh.

I’m not sold on his explanation for lack of vote against Chairs. At least, he called Chairs post  “annoying but not scummy”, and I disagree - I think it’s scummy. Or at least, I think it’s more in the alignment indicative category than NAI category,

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2020, 09:20:52 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Unvote

But also, this.

I cannot think of a clever enough answer for this one.
Which one is skum for you Galz or Robz?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2020, 09:24:26 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Unvote

But also, this.

I cannot think of a clever enough answer for this one.
Which one is skum for you Galz or Robz?

Does one of us have to be scum? Why?

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2020, 09:25:09 pm »

Fellas, please, you don't need to keep quoting.

You can just make a post that obviously refers to the last one.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2020, 09:26:49 pm »

I post almost 100% from my phone. Modifying out posts is a significant amount of work that very often ends in mistakes. Quoting and responding is much, much easier.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2020, 09:29:27 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Unvote

But also, this.

what no. maybe the guy is just lazy af.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2020, 09:31:17 pm »

Swowl and Galzria are both town.

Yay, I don't need to be sorting Galzria anymore!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2020, 09:43:12 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Unvote

But also, this.

I don’t understand these accusations of inactivity (from you and/or everybody else).

The game has been open less than 36 hours. I feel like I’ve been more than reasonably active & engaged. Certainly I feel like I’m doing my part to note things that ping me, and ask for more details from those that I feel haven’t responded satisfactorily.

Yeah, I’m not MiX level active, but nobody is, and I certainly NEVER am. I’m not really sure why I’m being held to some imaginary standards that others aren’t being held to.

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2020, 09:45:05 pm »

I mean, I'm MiX active...

I'll shuttup now.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2020, 09:55:35 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Unvote

But also, this.

I don’t understand these accusations of inactivity (from you and/or everybody else).

The game has been open less than 36 hours. I feel like I’ve been more than reasonably active & engaged. Certainly I feel like I’m doing my part to note things that ping me, and ask for more details from those that I feel haven’t responded satisfactorily.

Yeah, I’m not MiX level active, but nobody is, and I certainly NEVER am. I’m not really sure why I’m being held to some imaginary standards that others aren’t being held to.

you know it was a joke
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 23, 2020, 11:15:25 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Unvote

But also, this.

you know it was a joke

Sure. The kind that’s built upon the non-joking accusation of others. One that further a narrative while distancing yourself from the accusations themselves.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2020, 01:17:16 am »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Unvote

But also, this.

you know it was a joke

Sure. The kind that’s built upon the non-joking accusation of others. One that further a narrative while distancing yourself from the accusations themselves.

ok or Vote: Galz whatever you prefer
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2020, 04:05:06 am »

false. quoting is good. easier to find later.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2020, 04:06:56 am »

Does one of us have to be scum? Why?

you play hearthstone I think. I am pretty sure you can piece together the inference pops was making. thus my question.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2020, 04:07:39 am »

not  "vla"... but I will be out for like the next 24 hours.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2020, 06:32:38 am »

As galzria has explained any of my posts that reference hearthstone cards are not game posts so let me have a private chat with swowy please  ;)

Could you maybe make friends on FaceBook and not clutter the game thread?

I find it harder to feel like I'm really a part of the game when there's lots of conversation about stuff I have zero knowledge or interest in that's totally unrelated to mafia. The usual example (from my perspective) is alcohol, but Hearthstone seems to fit the bill. It's not inclusive fluff like what Didds posts, where at least it feels like she's trying to build community with everyone... if you're posting a load of stuff that only makes sense to people who've already invested in getting to know about whatever it is you're posting, then that's kind of clique-y, and I think it's easily anti-town because you're upping the number of excuses people have for not engaging when the thread is full of stuff that means nothing to them.

Vote: Popsofctown
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2020, 06:54:02 am »

Could you maybe make friends on FaceBook and not clutter the game thread?

I find it harder to feel like I'm really a part of the game when there's lots of conversation about stuff I have zero knowledge or interest in that's totally unrelated to mafia. The usual example (from my perspective) is alcohol, but Hearthstone seems to fit the bill. It's not inclusive fluff like what Didds posts, where at least it feels like she's trying to build community with everyone... if you're posting a load of stuff that only makes sense to people who've already invested in getting to know about whatever it is you're posting, then that's kind of clique-y, and I think it's easily anti-town because you're upping the number of excuses people have for not engaging when the thread is full of stuff that means nothing to them.

Vote: Popsofctown

yeah, pretty much this.
vote: Swowl
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2020, 07:41:37 am »

None of it is scummy, however. The huge wall posts because Swowl and Galzria refuse to not quote are also not, unfortunately.

They're both incredibly anti-town and distract the thread from joth's scumslip.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2020, 07:53:26 am »

I asked jotheonah whether I should pick Eudora or Shudderwock in the Zombie Anthropologist QT.  He said Shudderwock.  I told him I wouldn't do that because it was obviously silly but for some reason when the timer ticked down to one I picked the fun but ineffective Shudderwock.

The QT window was close, so I visited the thread to express my outrage about losing 75 elo points.

You're thinking of someone else because I still have no idea what you're talking about.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2020, 07:56:54 am »

None of it is scummy, however. The huge wall posts because Swowl and Galzria refuse to not quote are also not, unfortunately.

You mis-spelled townslip.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2020, 07:58:05 am »

I asked jotheonah whether I should pick Eudora or Shudderwock in the Zombie Anthropologist QT.  He said Shudderwock.  I told him I wouldn't do that because it was obviously silly but for some reason when the timer ticked down to one I picked the fun but ineffective Shudderwock.

The QT window was close, so I visited the thread to express my outrage about losing 75 elo points.

You're thinking of someone else because I still have no idea what you're talking about.

The scummy answer

You mis-spelled townslip.

And the towny answer, moments later.

I rest my case.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.