Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 193918 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D4)
« Reply #1600 on: August 22, 2020, 04:58:47 am »

Never thought faust was skum.
makes me weary of my skum!faust read actually.
So umm.. which is it?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 22, 2020, 08:46:19 am »

also regardless of the outcome - super sorry to town I fucked up on the claim bit. we def should be in a way better spot now than we are.
What would you do differently re: claim?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 22, 2020, 09:09:03 am »

OK - so as this day is going just nowhere near the way that I assumed it would - I am just gonna revert to normal.

Never thought faust was skum. OK, never is a stretch... but never thought faust was skum like today. I was hoping that skum would get antzy and jump the gun and try to vote for someone that was having some random shade cast on them. Didn't work, whatever.

Moving on.

It is Pasta.

Apologies for upcoming wall(s). Mainly wanna just make it clear this is not a random omgus case.

Not random omgus case, just one backed up with a lot of wrong.

(or misguided, if swowl is, in fact, Swown)

Interesting that scwowl drops this wall then immediately votes No exile, giving town little chance to discuss (and me no chance to respond, given that I already stated I'm off to the beach for the day). I know that in practice it doesn't really matter, but just feels anti town, for some reason.

OK, off now - have a good day, y'all.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 22, 2020, 10:57:46 am »

Vote Count 1.1
popsofctown (3): scolapasta, EFHW, SpaceAnemone
Swowl (3): LaLight/faust, Robz888, chairs
jotheonah (1): MiX
MiX (2): WestCoastDidds, jotheonah
LaLight (1): Dylan32
chairs (1): Galzria
Galzria (1): Swowl
Not Voting (1): popsofctown

- 100% certainty that there were at least 2 skum on the same wagon. So either Space/EFHW, Space/Pasta, or Robz/faust(LL).

I don't see how this assumption is 100% certain. In fact, if anything, I would expect scum to be spread out here.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 22, 2020, 11:06:52 am »

But when Dylan revealed, why then did scwowl make this fake claim? Frankly, I think it was a matter of desperation. The previous day they lost Robz and then space on N2. After having such a good start after D1, suddenly it was 7 town (1 IC) and 1 scum. With SW revealed, now it was two IC. Why not try this crazy gambit and if it worked be seen as an IC?? I can't remember which game it was, but there was one where Swowl was the last remaining scum and kept posting in the scum chat his thoughts - after recalling it, I realized that, actually, scwowl is fully capable of trying this.

This narrative and Swowl's narrative (that being 1/6 and having time to nk the IC's, scum didn't need to feel desperate) seem equally likely.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: August 22, 2020, 11:09:13 am »

Day 2:

Vote Count 2.1
Isis (1): MiX
MiX (2): Dylan32, SpaceAnemone
SpaceAnemone (2): Robz888, Isis
Robz888 (3): EFHW, chairs, scolapasta
chairs (1): Swowl
Not Voting (2): faust, Galzria

1. obv bussing was a conversation that was had. Robz is on Space, and at this point I have removed Faust from suspicion, so imo we know 100% that there was a skum bussing robz.

Again, we do not know this 100%. And if you thought this was good logic, why didn't you react when I suggested MiX could be scum because of his vote on Robz?

It's a problem that you are painting yourself green in these analyses.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 22, 2020, 11:20:55 am »

Start of D4 - scwowl immediately makes posts about how scum planned this from the beginning, by pointing out posts where Robz and space talk about the setup, even trying to use that as "evidence" against me. I've already refuted that, but right there, that shows the power of this tactic. It made me (and faust) later focus on the attack, and take for granted the claims that Robz and and space were purposefully being deceptive. Assume for a minute that they didn't plan it. Now reread what Robz and space wrote - would be perfectly normal setup talk. And there were others who also mentioned the number of points / roles and are now confirmed town.
6. There is literally... literally... no world where skum does not realize it. I will drop the argument of it being a gambit if it helps simplify it. But the fact that they "get the math wrong", means that a gambit had to be in play. Just think about how the conversation goes in a QT when they are choosing powers and shit... assuming they did not realize it like just on reading the set up and they only realized as it was happening.

Step 1 - Skum QT opens up, Skum is informed WHAT TOWN PRS EXIST and HOW MANY POINTS THEY HAVE. They literally know... right there... right then... how many they have.

Step 2 - They choose their roles.

Step 3 - Someone says like "oh weird we have a left over point... hardy har is this the best thing to do... shouldn't we spend it"

---ok cool... freeze there. Let's just assume... for you... that at that point they DIDN'T get all like "hey we can totally use that to our advantage". Cool cool cool cool. Fine. Whatever.

ROBZ/SPACE STILL DOESN'T FUCK UP THE MATH UNLESS IT IS ON PURPOSE! It wasn't like an advanced mathematical problem. They were told "you as skum have 9 points" then Robz opens the game assuming skum has 8. There is no world in existence where "it was normal set up talk". Regardless of whether they had a master plan set up or not, they 100% KNEW what they were saying was leading others into falsehood.

Right - if you are town, then scum knew they were leaving a point unused.

But if you are scum, none of this ever happened.

Hm... that would mean scum!you fakeclaimed Antman and town!scola came up with the incorrect theory that town had 9 points, inadvertently giving you a ton of towncred. Yeah, scum!you wouldn't force a 1:1 here. I think you may have cleared yourself!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 22, 2020, 11:21:26 am »

Quotefail:

Right - if you are town, then scum knew they were leaving a point unused.

But if you are scum, none of this ever happened.

Hm... that would mean scum!you fakeclaimed Antman and town!scola came up with the incorrect theory that town had 9 points, inadvertently giving you a ton of towncred. Yeah, scum!you wouldn't force a 1:1 here. I think you may have cleared yourself!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 22, 2020, 11:27:19 am »

unvote.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 22, 2020, 12:38:20 pm »

Never thought faust was skum.
makes me weary of my skum!faust read actually.
So umm.. which is it?

OK - so as this day is going just nowhere near the way that I assumed it would - I am just gonna revert to normal.

Never thought faust was skum. OK, never is a stretch... but never thought faust was skum like today.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 22, 2020, 12:40:20 pm »

also regardless of the outcome - super sorry to town I fucked up on the claim bit. we def should be in a way better spot now than we are.
What would you do differently re: claim?

Probably nothing since i don’t think i catch it.
If i has caught it obviously would of been far more inclined to believe Dylan.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 22, 2020, 12:43:55 pm »

Day 2:

Vote Count 2.1
Isis (1): MiX
MiX (2): Dylan32, SpaceAnemone
SpaceAnemone (2): Robz888, Isis
Robz888 (3): EFHW, chairs, scolapasta
chairs (1): Swowl
Not Voting (2): faust, Galzria

1. obv bussing was a conversation that was had. Robz is on Space, and at this point I have removed Faust from suspicion, so imo we know 100% that there was a skum bussing robz.

Again, we do not know this 100%. And if you thought this was good logic, why didn't you react when I suggested MiX could be scum because of his vote on Robz?

It's a problem that you are painting yourself green in these analyses.

It’s not a problem bc it’s accurate.
Also, the point was to give the case and then flip. So i colored myself green for convienece.

Y’all can take all the time you want to discuss tomorrow. Or evidently today. I assumed i would wake up and the day would be locked.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 22, 2020, 01:02:07 pm »

Did you keep reading?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 22, 2020, 01:24:24 pm »

Vote Count 5.FINAL

No Exile (3): faust, EFHW, Swowl

Not Voting (1): scolapasta

With 4 alive it took 3 to exile.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 22, 2020, 01:27:09 pm »

There were 4 avengers left and one Mysterio among them.

"Mysterio has to kill one of the rest of us, right?" faust said. "Might as well narrow down our options."

EFHW and Swowl agreed.

No one has been exiled.

Nght 5 begins now. Actions are due by 1:30AM FT on Monday, August 24th. Night 5 will end sometime between then and 1:30PM FT on the same day. You may vote for a shorter night in your QTs, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to get on until after the action deadline has passed.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 24, 2020, 12:31:16 pm »

Once again, the Avengers awoke to a grueling sight.

Swowl has died! He was Ant-Man!

Only three remained, and Mysterio was hidden among them. Faust glared suspiciously at EFHW. Scolapasta stepped away from faust, scanning the floor warily for illusions. EFHW sighed and stared down her two once-friends.

It all came down to this.

Vote Count 6.0

Not Voting (3): faust, EFHW, scolapasta

With 3 alive it takes 2 to exile.

Day 6 starts now and ends at 12:30PM FT on Monday, August 31st. Thread unlocked!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D6)
« Reply #1616 on: August 24, 2020, 04:00:29 pm »

I decided too late for Swowl that he was town. I hope he saw it, though.

I know who I want to vote for. faust, what about you? scola, sorry, you're the one I want to vote for.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 24, 2020, 04:42:03 pm »

vote: scola

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 24, 2020, 06:19:02 pm »

vote: scola

why? There were so many holes in Swowl's case for me (some of which you pointed out). Though I was also wrong with my case against him. Like I said, one of the main reasons for my case is that I thought you and faust were both town, and I hadn't been looking at Swowl, so turned my attention to him through PoE. Clearly, I saw some things when nothing was really there.

So where are we now:
1. faust is scum and the game ends when he checks in.
2. you're scum and trying to get ahead of someone else voting first.
3. I'm scum. While not true, it's worth enumerating this, since you seem to coming from this.

If I were scum, why would swowl have been the NK last night?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 24, 2020, 07:29:20 pm »

He was the nk because he was town and I had decided for myself that he was town. So scum would have a better chance with him out of the way since I said I thought he had cleared himself.. I have a strong townread on faust, so that leaves you. You've played a great game, but I am voting for you anyway.  If it's faust, then he played a really great game.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: August 24, 2020, 07:31:46 pm »

If it's #1, then I'm sorry.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 24, 2020, 07:54:39 pm »

If it's #1, then I'm sorry.

My guess right now is it's not faust, but it is you. If you are in fact town, then we lose.

Unless you unvote to allow for discussion.

More to say, but dinner right now.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 24, 2020, 09:06:26 pm »

Yeah, I don't think town you would vote me and risk faust winning it.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 24, 2020, 09:10:18 pm »

My plan today would be to reread early days with a new filter of possible scum suspects and see if I find something (I did in the just ended west world, and it was effective).

(this is why I now think scum you over faust; the quick vote here is so anti town)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 24, 2020, 09:12:27 pm »

Ok unvote for the sake of discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70  All

Page created in 2.12 seconds with 20 queries.