Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 193785 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D4)
« Reply #1550 on: August 20, 2020, 07:45:54 am »

We no exile, they kill faust, and then it's me, scola and Swowl. That doesn't sound any better than our current situation.  I would like to know faust's thoughts about the 3 of us.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 20, 2020, 07:50:46 am »

Vote: Faust
Oh wow. Guess you don't then.

My re reads were done. They obv kill Galz. As hard as he tried to appear skummy.

Nothing against you. But it’s you  or efhw. Y’all can collectively no lynch without me and go from there. My read is just you over efoo.

Why was it obvious scum would kill Galz?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 20, 2020, 11:08:51 am »

Huh, really? Man, MiX, I know you like to have this generally scummy meta, but I think you gotta work on your town game! I was so sure it was you.

It doesn't help that I had decent town reads on each of you. I mean the most suspicious posts I read where from Swowl, but I still find it hard to believe scum!swowl went this route. I think I need to find time and reread Day 4.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 20, 2020, 11:16:39 am »

Galz as the NK doesn't surprise me quite as much.

Scum had to decide whether to go after Swowl or not - and it was probably a safe assumption that Antman would shrink last night, given that the previous NK was chairs (i.e. Antman could relatively safely not shrink that night).

If scum goes after Swowl and he shrinks, we'd be at 5 today - and still have two Misexiles. By targeting Galz that get us down to 4 and Xilo territory.

That, or Swowl is scum.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 20, 2020, 11:56:41 am »

Scum had to decide whether to go after Swowl or not - and it was probably a safe assumption that Antman would shrink last night, given that the previous NK was chairs (i.e. Antman could relatively safely not shrink that night).

If scum goes after Swowl and he shrinks, we'd be at 5 today - and still have two Misexiles. By targeting Galz that get us down to 4 and Xilo territory.

That, or Swowl is scum.

I'm not surprised they targeted someone non-Swowl, just that they chose Galz, who was getting some scrutiny. The person receiving the least suspicion has been faust. So I'm wondering why Swowl thinks Galz was the obv!nk.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 20, 2020, 03:27:45 pm »

We no exile, they kill faust, and then it's me, scola and Swowl. That doesn't sound any better than our current situation.  I would like to know faust's thoughts about the 3 of us.

If we no exile - they shoot me. There is literally no reason for them not to. It’s just a repeat day even if i am activated at that point.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 20, 2020, 03:37:48 pm »

That, or Swowl is scum.

I'm not surprised they targeted someone non-Swowl, just that they chose Galz, who was getting some scrutiny. The person receiving the least suspicion has been faust. So I'm wondering why Swowl thinks Galz was the obv!nk.

Yeah - why NK Galz is a good question. I've been reading up a little of end of D3 and D4 and the way things were trending (like you say, the added scrutiny), Galz could have been a decent misexile attempt for for scum. The only thing I can think of is scum choosing Galz for town cred - i.e. who would be least likely to want Galz dead?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 20, 2020, 03:38:42 pm »

If we no exile - they shoot me. There is literally no reason for them not to. It’s just a repeat day even if i am activated at that point.

Weren't you against no exile? Because this sounds like an argument in favor of it.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 20, 2020, 03:45:09 pm »

That, or Swowl is scum.

Swowl thinks Galz was the obv NK because I am thinking ahead about which 3 players are alive at the end. It is now known that skum is in [Pasta, EFHW, faust]. That will be the final day.

Just take it as a real hypothetical. 2/3 of you are town. Here are the 3 potential outcomes:
1. Town!Pasta must choose between EFHW, Faust
2. Town!EFHW must choose between Pasta, Faust
3. Town!Faust must choose between EFHW, Pasta

OK, then assume that they kill someone that is *not* galz
1. Town!Pasta:
   a. Skum!EFHW shoots Faust. Town!Pasta choosing between EFHW, Galz - EFHW gets caught. I mean I assume at least, that would of been easy choice.
   b. Skum!Faust shoots EFHW. Town!Pasta choosing between Faust, Galz - So the faust, Galz pairing is the the only close one. But still compare all of them to the alternative with Galz
       being dead... I think faust gets lynched in that set up over Galz.

2. Town!EFHW:
   a. Skum!Pasta shoots Faust. Town!EFHW choosing between Pasta, Galz. - Bye bye pasta.
   b. Skum!Faust shoots Pasta. Town!EFHW choosing between Faust, Galz. - Same as the above faust, Galz Pairing... just EFHW choosing instead of Pasta.

3. Town!Faust:
   a. Skum!Pasta shoots EFHW. Town!Faust choosing between Pasta, Galz. - Pasta lynched.
   b. Skum!EFHW shoots Pasta. Town!Faust choosing between EFHW, Galz - EFHW lynched.

This is not typed up to make it seem like someone is more likely to kill Galz than others. The point is simply Galz was the best kill selection regardless of which one of the three of you did it. Clap clap clap.

ppe2
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 20, 2020, 03:48:38 pm »

Weren't you against no exile? Because this sounds like an argument in favor of it.

it is not. I see how it could be read that way, but no.

I mean ultimately I guess there is nothing I can do to force it. but with 4 of us alive, we need 100% of town on the correct wagon. Tomorrow... 3 alive... still need 100% of town on the right wagon. Normally yay for no exile. Except they are just gonna shoot me. So you learn nothing.

I suppose the only thing would be that if literally every single one of you told me that you need my flip to actually believe my alignment... then it doesn't matter. But I fairly clearly am town at this point. or at least I thought that was clear... so I am trying to use what we have to our advantage. But if there is universal doubt on me... then I guess it doesn't matter. If all three of you vote no exile, there is literally nothing I can do about it.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: August 20, 2020, 03:52:13 pm »

That, or Swowl is scum.

Yeah - why NK Galz is a good question. I've been reading up a little of end of D3 and D4 and the way things were trending (like you say, the added scrutiny), Galz could have been a decent misexile attempt for for scum. The only thing I can think of is scum choosing Galz for town cred - i.e. who would be least likely to want Galz dead?

Well. I guess it is just a read difference on Galz. I was literally unwilling to lynch them, and would of remained that way. I assumed he was acting abrasively at the end to try to rack up the scrutiny in order to hopefully direct the NK to one of you three (which, as the two of us were not lynching each other... would of been awesome). <--- That is like 25%-35% of the reasoning I have behind either Faust/EFHW being the last skum. Absolutely zero offense intended on that one Pasta... but the each of the two of them have played probably 200-300% more game hours with Galz than even I have... so if I picked up on it.. I assume so did they.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 20, 2020, 03:59:42 pm »

Vote: Faust
Oh wow. Guess you don't then.

My re reads were done. They obv kill Galz. As hard as he tried to appear skummy.

Nothing against you. But it’s you  or efhw. Y’all can collectively no lynch without me and go from there. My read is just you over efoo.

How did you rule out scola?

So... It would appear that I am not going to be a decision making power in the end here. So... I am trying to decide where I wanna draw the line on influencing decisions. Direct interactions... sure I will point shit out. VCA, yep I will comb it and post it.

The reason for scola is a very specific thing that is only relevant exactly in a situation where scola and myself are both alive at the end of a game. It is a town-tell, and it is only a player tell. It is absolutely manipulable if they were to be skum and knew it existed - So I am not giving that info up. If that means you wanna 100% ignore me, that would be completely fair.

It is an extremely small thing... it is just in this spot I would be literally blindly throwing darts to try to select one of the three of you... so anything I can get to remove it down to 50-50... I was all for. But then MiX got freeking lynched instead of one of you... so it all kind of went down the shitter at that point concept wise.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 20, 2020, 04:04:38 pm »

doing an updated VCA just so it is done.

Finishing day 1 stumbled upon something funny.
For the entire day...  here is a list of people that were voted for:

Town: Isis, Swowl, Joth, MiX, Chairs, Galz.
Unknown: LL/Faust
Skum: No one.

and the LL/Faust "wagon" was a solo vote from Dylan made during RVS. So alllllll of Day 1... was allllllll town wagons.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 20, 2020, 04:17:30 pm »

I don't think they would kill town!you. You aren't IC, and your being alive makes you look bad. Your power, if you are town, isn't of use to you except as a means to avoid getting killed. None of the rest of us can avoid getting killed.

Are you arguing that you are IC?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 20, 2020, 04:22:07 pm »

That, or Swowl is scum.

Well. I guess it is just a read difference on Galz. I was literally unwilling to lynch them, and would of remained that way. I assumed he was acting abrasively at the end to try to rack up the scrutiny in order to hopefully direct the NK to one of you three (which, as the two of us were not lynching each other... would of been awesome). <--- That is like 25%-35% of the reasoning I have behind either Faust/EFHW being the last skum. Absolutely zero offense intended on that one Pasta... but the each of the two of them have played probably 200-300% more game hours with Galz than even I have... so if I picked up on it.. I assume so did they.

Didn't.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 20, 2020, 04:23:27 pm »

How do you see faust getting exiled over Galz? What case?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 20, 2020, 04:25:43 pm »

What did you (Swowl) expect me to see in putting you and MiX in green in a vca?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 20, 2020, 04:35:58 pm »

I don't think they would kill town!you. You aren't IC, and your being alive makes you look bad. Your power, if you are town, isn't of use to you except as a means to avoid getting killed. None of the rest of us can avoid getting killed.

Are you arguing that you are IC?

I am arguing that from any town player's pov... at this current point in the game... I should be removed from the list of potential lynches based on the game state. So yes. I suppose I am arguing I should be viewed as IC. But it doesn't matter. I mean it does. But if you simply need to be sure... then no lynch will happen. They will either kill me tonight, or no kill will happen. At that point, even I would have to be acceptance of the need to no lynch again, at which time we will do a quick repeat of a no lynch with the same player base, then they will kill me.

TLDR; It would be lovely if everyone just would treat me as IC and we can use it to our advantage - however, there is no way for me to force you to do that. And equally importantly, if you all don't see it that way... then the upside of my being alive does not matter anymore, and therefore I will not fight you on a no lynch.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 20, 2020, 04:36:18 pm »

fuck... *exile* replace.
Sorry all - still getting used to it.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 20, 2020, 04:38:11 pm »

How do you see faust getting exiled over Galz? What case?

my pov. Galz was town the second he came along with me to Robz. Like to the extent if he was skum we could of just ended the game then and given it to skum because there was nothing that could happen that would let me allow him to be lynched from that point forward.
I was assuming this was a shared consensus - which I am gathering it was not. So the point I was trying to make with that post is a little moot. 
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 20, 2020, 04:38:46 pm »

What did you (Swowl) expect me to see in putting you and MiX in green in a vca?

genuinely was not "expecting" anything. I wanted to know what your perspective was if you colored us both green.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 20, 2020, 04:44:43 pm »

These were all the votes for Robz Day 2, in order: EFHW, scola, faust, Galzria, MiX, faust, Swowl, Galzria, EFHW, scola, Dylan. All three of me, scola and faust were on Robz before Galzria. You didn't vote until later in the day. We should all have your trust based on your argument about Galz.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 20, 2020, 05:10:11 pm »

? I swung the wagon (with galz). go read thread. both of us could of gone to any other town wagon spot. Galz freekin already was there, and came backkkk to see the robz lynch through. he even rallied for it.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 20, 2020, 05:11:32 pm »

I mean I'll take your trust however you wanna give it to me.

But to be clear, my mention of Galz is where my TR of galz comes from. And my mention of me, is where I assumed a TR on me would come from.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 20, 2020, 05:41:15 pm »

? I swung the wagon (with galz). go read thread. both of us could of gone to any other town wagon spot. Galz freekin already was there, and came backkkk to see the robz lynch through. he even rallied for it.

I did. And that moment was the reason I mainly townread Galz as well. But you are IC'ing him in your mind. Maybe because you know him better? I don't know. It seems like you are making a lot of assumptions about other people seeing things like you do. If that is true, it isn't necessarily scummy. But I want to sort out what is happening here since so many of the things you are saying were obvious feel non-obvious to me.

Also, if scum!you killed Galz, then it is to your benefit to emphasize how towny you think he was.

The bottom line is that I think scola is the last scum, not you or faust. But there is still a lot of room for error.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70  All

Page created in 2.312 seconds with 19 queries.