Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 194595 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D4)
« Reply #1500 on: August 18, 2020, 01:57:09 pm »

EFHW - If we were to lynch mix, and then let's say they flip town, then they obviously kill me. who do you look at tomorrow?
No idea. I'm reading all the others as towny.

k. no offense meant - but that is what I am talking about.

Color Mix and Me green. go and check plz - who do you think is skum?

Have you made a case for anyone being scum other than MiX? Why am I supposed to look at the hypothetical vca? What did you see when you looked at it?

Oh, I see, you are on me. Do you have as strong a case on me as we have on MiX? The case on MiX is not perfect, but it has many separate elements.

Misexiling me isn't the end of the world. But then someone will still have to decide what to do about MiX. Who will you exile tomorrow if you misexile me today?

My original push was on Scola, then you.

I do not like the mix case. I didn’t like it day 1, i didn’t like it day 2, i didn’t like it when someone said isis had a result, and i continue to not like it now.

That being said - i have no clue what’s going on anymore so i guess I’ll iso mix. I am just having such a hard time seeing it as a thing compared to other options.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 18, 2020, 01:57:43 pm »

Odds of being misexiled or odds of figuring out the right person to exile?

Odds of winning the game.

You're scum.

Wait, I went a little too fast here. Let's rephrase that post:

"Odds of winning the game.

You're just scum, right? That's what I actually believe right now."

PPE: Good luck! I don't make it easy to be ISO'd.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 18, 2020, 01:59:17 pm »

I'm thinking the alternative wagon for me would be Galzria. He has the ability to give this performance, and I have found myself disagreeing with many his reasons for doing things. I'll look them up and see how many there are.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 18, 2020, 03:42:49 pm »

Faust, Scola, EFHW:

At least two of you are Town. Are each of you certain this is the exile you want for today?
Yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 18, 2020, 03:43:44 pm »

example. they have day chat right.
We are assuming that whichever one was the role cop, copped Isis Night 1.
I'm definitely not assuming that.

were you not the one that originally brought that idea up?
I don't remember. but just because I bring up a theory doesn't mean I assume it to be true.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 18, 2020, 03:45:36 pm »

One counter-indication of scum!MiX:

494 Robz v. MiX (4, with Dylan, faust and joth).

I did notice this before. Getting on partner!MiX's wagon is a bit risky, unless Robz really believed he is unexilable.
That's just damage control. Worst thing is to have MiX exiled on an all-town wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 18, 2020, 03:47:20 pm »

I'm thinking the alternative wagon for me would be Galzria. He has the ability to give this performance, and I have found myself disagreeing with many his reasons for doing things. I'll look them up and see how many there are.
Galzria has certainly moved up in scumminess lately. Anytime someone intends to hammer and then backs off, that's a red flag.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 18, 2020, 04:15:37 pm »

Faust, Scola, EFHW:

At least two of you are Town. Are each of you certain this is the exile you want for today?
Yes.

I'm still certain. What's your hesitation?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 18, 2020, 05:04:56 pm »

Faust, Scola, EFHW:

Yes.

I'm still certain. What's your hesitation?

I really, really, really, really don’t think he’s scum!

I think our absolute best chance to find scum would be to (in order), exile you (Scola), then Faust, then EFHW, then MiX, then Swowl.

I’m WILLING to compromise if the alternative is no-exile, but if MiX flips town Imma be pissed af at the inability to get the two town amongst you three to consider voting elsewhere today... because almost NONE of the interactions from MiX regarding Robz/Space suggest MiX is scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 18, 2020, 05:22:30 pm »

Like is no one but Galz or i willing are all to lynch anyone but freakin mix?
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: August 18, 2020, 05:24:26 pm »

No, I've come around to it, and I'm willing to exile EFHW first.

(Sorry.)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 18, 2020, 05:25:32 pm »

These are the things. This is not a list of reasons why Galz is scummy, exactly. It's a list of times when his reasons didn't seem compelling enough to go with his actions.

1. thinking scola was scummy because of the Robz claim timing
2. thinking all three wagons Day 1 could not have been on town
3. the emphasis on chairs' "faux panic"
4. several "this is how we play mafia" posts
5. fluff posting is NAI
6. I feel like there was one more, but maybe not.

Despite this, I still think we have to exile MiX. If we don't, and we mixile someone else, tomorrow we will be right back where we started today, without the cushion of a free mixile that we have today.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 18, 2020, 05:54:14 pm »

Willing? I mean, if it's no exile or exile someone else, I'll vote someone else. But I think it's a big mistake and we're not even close to where I need to decide this.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 18, 2020, 05:57:46 pm »

These are the things. This is not a list of reasons why Galz is scummy, exactly. It's a list of times when his reasons didn't seem compelling enough to go with his actions.

5. fluff posting is NAI

Despite this, I still think we have to exile MiX. If we don't, and we mixile someone else, tomorrow we will be right back where we started today, without the cushion of a free mixile that we have today.

#1 is by a very, very wide margin the scummiest single item against any player right now.
#2 is very unlikely, generally speaking, because it is better than pure random. It’s not impossible however - note I’m no longer considering MiX as a primary candidate.
#3 felt faked. I pushed it. That’s how this game works. I was wrong. Happens.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 18, 2020, 05:59:18 pm »

5. fluff posting is NAI

This.

Let's say we exile EFHW. (sorry.) Then I imagine I'll feel just as strong (if not more) about MiX tomorrow and I'm pretty sure we'll push that through.

In both scenarios it's exiling MiX and EFHW. Except that EFHW is just an example here and the pool for determining the 2nd person is smaller tomorrow.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: August 18, 2020, 06:01:32 pm »

5. fluff posting is NAI

#1 is by a very, very wide margin the scummiest single item against any player right now.
#2 is very unlikely, generally speaking, because it is better than pure random. It’s not impossible however - note I’m no longer considering MiX as a primary candidate.
#3 felt faked. I pushed it. That’s how this game works. I was wrong. Happens.

I really don't agree with #1 either (granted, it's to my benefit to not agree with it). Somewhere above I posted the scenario where that would make sense and another, far more plausible scenario. I'll go look for it and quote it.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D3)
« Reply #1516 on: August 18, 2020, 06:17:39 pm »

Found it!

I voted X-1 at 11:49:15
Robz claimed at 11:49:26 (11 seconds!)
Robz posted again at 11:50:02
Dylan posted at 11:50:48
Dylan hammer at 11:51:14

So either scumapasta and Robz coordinated this in daychat, had Robz claim seconds later, but then waited 2 minutes to do anything about it (i.e. why didn't Robz direct scumapasta to immediately unvote?)

OR

Robz was watching closely, waiting for someone to X-1, claimed, and was thinking I would unvote, based on the fact that I had also previously unvoted after chairs claimed.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 18, 2020, 07:06:20 pm »

Found it!

So either scumapasta and Robz coordinated this in daychat, had Robz claim seconds later, but then waited 2 minutes to do anything about it (i.e. why didn't Robz direct scumapasta to immediately unvote?)

OR

Robz was watching closely, waiting for someone to X-1, claimed, and was thinking I would unvote, based on the fact that I had also previously unvoted after chairs claimed.

It is much more likely that it was coordinated based on the 11 second difference, than that he was waiting with it all pre-typed, for somebody to put him to X-1. And given the overall speed with which Dylan hammers, it’s not at all unreasonable to think that the miss on your end was due to you being in the wrong thread - you were in the scum QT

There’s no stretch there on any of that, and the first part is honestly MORE likely if you’re scum than if you’re Town.

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: August 18, 2020, 07:13:56 pm »

Found it!

OR

It is much more likely that it was coordinated based on the 11 second difference, than that he was waiting with it all pre-typed, for somebody to put him to X-1. And given the overall speed with which Dylan hammers, it’s not at all unreasonable to think that the miss on your end was due to you being in the wrong thread - you were in the scum QT

There’s no stretch there on any of that, and the first part is honestly MORE likely if you’re scum than if you’re Town.

I agree with this, and was going to point out this logic if I thought scola was scum, which I do not.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: August 18, 2020, 07:29:56 pm »

Unvote
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: August 18, 2020, 07:32:41 pm »

Found it!

OR

I agree with this, and was going to point out this logic if I thought scola was scum, which I do not.

its much more likely it was coincidence that was later reflected on between space and scola over both of these options. 11 seconds is a pretty small freekin window.

but it doesn't matter anymore. player tell, not lynching scola.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: August 18, 2020, 07:33:57 pm »

vote: MiX

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: August 18, 2020, 07:34:20 pm »

I'm actually sheeping joth's very early townread on scola, that was his towniest thing and given he was town it's my job to continue that read after essentially getting him exiled D1.

GG.

That's hammer, right?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: August 18, 2020, 07:35:27 pm »

I'm actually sheeping joth's very early townread on scola, that was his towniest thing and given he was town it's my job to continue that read after essentially getting him exiled D1.

GG.

That's hammer, right?

Yes

Mafia Record:

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 18, 2020, 07:37:14 pm »

GG.

That's hammer, right?

GG? Did we win?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70  All

Page created in 2.008 seconds with 19 queries.