Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Card idea using VP tokens  (Read 1436 times)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Card idea using VP tokens
« on: March 23, 2012, 09:04:30 am »

[CARDNAME]
Action-Duration $4
When you play this card, put a [cardname] token of your color on top of a supply pile (not emptied).
At the start of each turn, gain a VP token for each [cardname] token of your color in play.
----------
When a player buy a card with a [cardname] token on it, he remove the token.

(you discard this only when a [cardname] token is removed, otherwise the card remains in your play area)

So the idea is to force the opponent to buy a card as soon as possible, otherwise you gain victory points.
Obviously it's nice to put a token on curses, but also on expensive cards like Adventurer...
There is obivouly a nice synergy with embargo...

I find it interesting, please tell me what you think. I need a name for this card, and feel free to reword the text more clearly (I'm a very bad english speaker, I know).

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Re: Card idea using VP tokens
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:55:44 am »

Mabye a little too cheap? Use it in the early game and its worth around three vp if you put it on an expensive card or a hard to get card (i.e. posession, gm). Also, it can junk up your opponent's deck with an early game province or farmlands etc. that they wont need. After that, it junks your opponent's deck by making them go out of the way to buy cards that they don't want.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:10:26 pm by Morgrim7 »
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:56:15 am »

When a player buy a card with a [cardname] token on it, he remove the token.
Do you want to change buy->gain? Otherwise you can place it on a non-empty pile, empty it by gaining cards even this turn an have a permanent token.

edit:
Mabye a little too cheap? Use it in the early game and its worth around three vp if you put it on an expensive card or a hard to get card (i.e. posession, gm). Also, it can junk up your opponent's deck with a province or farmlands etc. that they wont needAfter that, it junks your opponent's deck by making them go out of the way to buy cards that they don't want.
I'm haven't thought enought if it is balanced, but gaining 3VPs, even in tokens, is usually not worth passing on a Silver or terminal Silver in the beginning of the game.

FishingVillage

• Bishop
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:20:55 pm »

This is kind of neat :) Monument gives me +$2, but this stays out of my deck as long as the other players don't act on the card the token is on. Hmm...

Is only one token removed each time someone buys from a pile with one or more colored tokens?

Does that condition count towards you as well? (The the way it is worded currently does, just curious if that is intended)

Does gaining VP tokens "at the start of each turn" include each other player's turn as well, or just your own?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 20 queries.