Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 181568 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #925 on: July 27, 2020, 10:51:26 am »

It's not useless. My result says specifically that joth is not town. Thus, he needs to be dead and remain dead, unless he claims survivor or something.
He won't remain dead unless we exile the scum humans though.

And then someone has to claim to have revived him.

But I suppose you have a point. I don't have a better place to put my vote rn, tho. I'll have to look into the claims and see if I want to join y'all on Awa.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 27, 2020, 10:57:04 am »

Lightning rod wouldn't work because I would have gotten yes results.

But, this makes me think: MiX you say you receive the results "instead". What does that mean? If you do this to me, what results would I get instead?

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 27, 2020, 10:58:06 am »

But, this makes me think: MiX you say you receive the results "instead". What does that mean? If you do this to me, what results would I get instead?

I presumed you wouldn't get one of them. That's why I was asking for who was roleblocked.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 27, 2020, 11:03:35 am »

@ MM - I specifically have an ability that is built around blocking Day use abilities. So that does for sure exist.

Did you block me yesterday?

I did not. I was speaking to your previous mindset that “you didn’t think the ability to do so existed in the game”.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 27, 2020, 11:05:54 am »

I presumed you wouldn't get one of them. That's why I was asking for who was roleblocked.

What do you mean by "one of them"?

Can you check with mod? I ask because power specifically points out I'd get no result , but does not say the same thing for the yes/no part. Is it possible you replace by answers with no/no?

(that seems weird to me)

also, this seems to always roleblock then, because it always blocks AND it gives you info. Which is more powerful than faust's blocking.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 27, 2020, 11:28:00 am »

What do you mean by "one of them"?

Can you check with mod? I ask because power specifically points out I'd get no result , but does not say the same thing for the yes/no part. Is it possible you replace by answers with no/no?

(that seems weird to me)

also, this seems to always roleblock then, because it always blocks AND it gives you info. Which is more powerful than faust's blocking.

"one of" your Yes/No results. I guess you'd just get one "Yes/No"

I think I would block only the result, and nothing else, although I'm not sure. It shouldn't matter in this case, as it didn't happen to you, according to your claim.

It's kinda weird.

It's not better than faust since he has that extra info that comes with a cost, whereas I "just" have a host dayvig.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #931 on: July 27, 2020, 11:42:46 am »

I could have watched LaLight, detected all human players targeting him that night or the previous day, and rendered all host actions targeting him undetectable by investigative actions for the night. Which I did N1 and only saw myself.

Did you do anything else N1? Do you have any other role? This seems to step into scola's role, I don't think you're both town.

I do have another role but it is not an action, it's a modifier which is active all the time.

My role wouldn't make sense unless there was at least one another investigative role in the game, and I don't think it's that unlikely for town to have two watchers that are limited in different ways.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 27, 2020, 11:45:29 am »

I could have watched LaLight, detected all human players targeting him that night or the previous day, and rendered all host actions targeting him undetectable by investigative actions for the night. Which I did N1 and only saw myself.

Did you do anything else N1? Do you have any other role? This seems to step into scola's role, I don't think you're both town.

I do have another role but it is not an action, it's a modifier which is active all the time.

My role wouldn't make sense unless there was at least one another investigative role in the game, and I don't think it's that unlikely for town to have two watchers that are limited in different ways.

Thank you for clarifying. I agree with you now.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 27, 2020, 11:46:01 am »

Anyway, my non-dayvig power lets me pick someone, and if they learn a Yes/No result, I learn it instead. I picked faust N1 and got nothing, then picked scola N2 and got Yes/No. One of the two.

And it's really good at catching scum if they don't know the result of their actions! So I don't wanna say it until I'm positive exactly what action I stole.

OH, so here you are saying you only got 1 response, but aren't telling us if it is "yes" or "no". I thought you meant you got a "yes" and a "no".

Do you also find out who it applies to?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 27, 2020, 11:48:08 am »

Anyway, my non-dayvig power lets me pick someone, and if they learn a Yes/No result, I learn it instead. I picked faust N1 and got nothing, then picked scola N2 and got Yes/No. One of the two.

And it's really good at catching scum if they don't know the result of their actions! So I don't wanna say it until I'm positive exactly what action I stole.

OH, so here you are saying you only got 1 response, but aren't telling us if it is "yes" or "no". I thought you meant you got a "yes" and a "no".

Do you also find out who it applies to?

No. I just know I picked you, and the "Yes/No".

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 27, 2020, 11:51:26 am »

Can you check with mod what happens to my result? I'm no longer convinced you were redirected.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 27, 2020, 11:55:47 am »

Can you check with mod what happens to my result? I'm no longer convinced you were redirected.

Okay...so...did you get "No" twice?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 27, 2020, 12:04:51 pm »

Correct. I got a No for both.

So here's the scenario:
Didds was telling the truth about redirecting faust -> Awaclus.
MiX stole one of my answers.

He sees a Yes (for Didds) and I see No. 4 people targeted faust / awaclus: Didds, myself, and two others (possibly a NK and a doctor?)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 27, 2020, 12:05:24 pm »

@mail-mi if I’m scum, who killed me? Nobody’s claiming to have vigged me. I suppose ADK could be a vig. But I have investigative results that say the only two people who could have targeted me the night I died were WCD and Swowl.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 27, 2020, 12:07:51 pm »

So here's the scenario:

He sees a Yes (for Didds) and I see No. 4 people targeted faust / awaclus: Didds, myself, and two others (possibly a NK and a doctor?)

It doesn't make sense that you'd get a No if I steal from you. What if I would also get a No? Then the flavor of my ability is just...wrong?

@mail-mi if I’m scum, who killed me? Nobody’s claiming to have vigged me. I suppose ADK could be a vig. But I have investigative results that say the only two people who could have targeted me the night I died were WCD and Swowl.

Scum killed you, clearly. It doesn't mean you're not scum. But given they didn't then use a strongman-like, that seems unlikely.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 27, 2020, 12:09:02 pm »

So here's the scenario:

Oh wait, Awaclus targeted faust. So no room for both NK and doctor.

Anyone else willing to claim targeting Awaclus?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 27, 2020, 12:10:08 pm »

Other way around, I mean faust targeted Awaclus.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 27, 2020, 12:15:30 pm »

So - Swowl, did you do anything that could prevent a kill? Because otherwise, we caught Awaclus; my power is the only one that could have stopped the kill so far.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 27, 2020, 12:46:27 pm »

Hm.

I suppose that scum could have dayblocked me after I claimed I was going to rez you, since swowl has a dayblocking power.

hrmph.

it's hard to disbelieve an actual result I have on you, though.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:19 pm »

So, I have this VERY complicated ability.

There are 7 powers in the game I am looking for. Every Day I can guess a person and if they have the power #1, it will be revealed to me. Then I'll be looking for power #2. I can only guess once, unless I save a host from lynching, then as long as they live I will have an additional guess. I also "saved" ADK, so if they come back, I'll have two guesses.

At night I can visit 2 people, name a night, and see if they targeted anyone with the power I seek. I get a "yes" or "no" for each one of my targets. And in the end of the night Arch tells me how many times I targeted a person with the power I am looking for.

This Night, I chose joth and ADK and got No both times and the info that I have targeted the person I need once. So at the start of the day I guessed joth and was right. He has a power that CAN tell him if he was targeted for a kill, but he didn't use it Night 1, that's what I have.

I didn't target faust N2.

I targeted hypercube and joth

So what did you really do?

yeah, sorry, it was joth and cube, i consulted my qt, not my memory
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 27, 2020, 03:54:36 pm »

So here's the scenario:

It doesn't make sense that you'd get a No if I steal from you. What if I would also get a No? Then the flavor of my ability is just...wrong?

I've confirmed with mod that I will always get a "Yes" or "No".

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 27, 2020, 03:58:49 pm »

So - Swowl, did you do anything that could prevent a kill? Because otherwise, we caught Awaclus; my power is the only one that could have stopped the kill so far.

This. ^^^

Waiting to hear from Swowl.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 27, 2020, 04:38:56 pm »

I took no actions that can block anything.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 27, 2020, 04:41:49 pm »

I also targeted Faust last night tho. So anything that was switched that should be taken into consideration.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 27, 2020, 04:48:40 pm »

Oh actually i targeted Faust and Awaclus so i can probably account for the remainder of the 4 people. I’m mobile rn - I’ll check in an hour if that all adds everything up or if we are still missing something.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84  All

Page created in 1.999 seconds with 19 queries.