Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17  All

Author Topic: BM31: Random Word Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 43367 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: BM31: Random Word Mafia (D1)
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2020, 04:10:58 pm »

I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to post random stuff while I'm on my computer because of the random word requirement.

I like that we have a mason claim to get the game started, though.

Anyone want to lynch MiX with me?

It's pretty hard to post random stuff, but overall it makes each post...somewhat better, surprisingly.

I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to post random stuff while I'm on my computer because of the random word requirement.

Not particularly. His read on me seems a little far-fetched and stretched but it doesn’t strike me as scummy. I’m going to need to retire my offer to him though, and that makes me sad. I had hoped that he would take me up on it. No way I offer to sacrifice my vote to the whims of another player if I’m scum though!

I reeeeally don't think you're town. Look at this statement. This would make sense if you did sacrifice your vote, but did you?

It's pretty hard to put these words in context. The above sentences are weirdly worded and I don't like it.

I didn’t sacrifice my vote because you didn’t take me up on my offer. Just because you don’t walk through a lily field doesn’t mean the lily field doesn’t exist.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2020, 04:14:06 pm »

It's pretty hard to post random stuff, but overall it makes each post...somewhat better, surprisingly.

Not particularly. His read on me seems a little far-fetched and stretched but it doesn’t strike me as scummy. I’m going to need to retire my offer to him though, and that makes me sad. I had hoped that he would take me up on it. No way I offer to sacrifice my vote to the whims of another player if I’m scum though!

I reeeeally don't think you're town. Look at this statement. This would make sense if you did sacrifice your vote, but did you?

It's pretty hard to put these words in context. The above sentences are weirdly worded and I don't like it.

I didn’t sacrifice my vote because you didn’t take me up on my offer. Just because you don’t walk through a lily field doesn’t mean the lily field doesn’t exist.

If you’re worried that I might be scum who plans on abusing your vote D1 and then killing you N1 to avoid you using my vote D2, then let’s switch it. I’ll vote where you want me to D1, and you can vote where I want you to D2. The only harm I see in that proposal is that the later the game goes, the more valuable votes become - that’s why I suggested it the way I did the first time.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2020, 04:24:03 pm »

If you’re worried that I might be scum who plans on abusing your vote D1 and then killing you N1 to avoid you using my vote D2, then let’s switch it. I’ll vote where you want me to D1, and you can vote where I want you to D2. The only harm I see in that proposal is that the later the game goes, the more valuable votes become - that’s why I suggested it the way I did the first time.

But I want to vote for you...this ain't fair.

I guess I can just vote for you tomorrow right? Get my revenge then?

Okay, let's cooperate for now, who isn't your scumbuddy?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2020, 04:31:50 pm »

OK so LL is some variation of Mason - that is pretty much not arguable, so that is cool.

I am just gonna let this Galz and MiX thing play out here, but pretty much one of them have to be skum here... I think, or they are just fucking around. It is a BM, it could just be that.

They could also be skum together, great way to explain away VCA concerns being on same wagon when you "allow someone to vote for you" down the road when we look back at wagons. Just saying.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2020, 04:33:43 pm »

But I want to vote for you...this ain't fair.

I guess I can just vote for you tomorrow right? Get my revenge then?

Okay, let's cooperate for now, who isn't your scumbuddy?

Well, there are a lot of people that aren't my scumbuddies. You, because you would know. LaLight, because they're town. Swowl, because we've only ever been scum together once (with Robz, ahhh, that was a glorious game). WCD because I've never been scumbuddies with her (or even shared an in-game QT. Sad!). Awaclus because... well, I don't have a good reason why he's not a scumbuddy with me - but he just isn't! Joseph isn't a scumbuddy because he's the SK, EFHW isn't a scumbuddy because she would've checked in by now, and mail-mi isn't a scumbuddy because he's probably something else entirely.

That leaves Scolapasta and Chairs to be my scumbuddies. Do you prefer that I vote for either of them? I have an appointment in about 45 minutes, so I may be a little in-and-out of thread today, but I'll vote wherever you suggest.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2020, 04:34:39 pm »

OK so LL is some variation of Mason - that is pretty much not arguable, so that is cool.

I am just gonna let this Galz and MiX thing play out here, but pretty much one of them have to be skum here... I think, or they are just fucking around. It is a BM, it could just be that.

They could also be skum together, great way to explain away VCA concerns being on same wagon when you "allow someone to vote for you" down the road when we look back at wagons. Just saying.

Given the context, it's most likely that it's a BM and I'm just fucking around. But yeah.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2020, 04:45:52 pm »

Actually...

Vote: Swowl (I’ll change if you tell me to MiX)

I’m not a big fan of his finger pointing here. I know that I’m Town, and I have no reason to think that MiX is scum (actually the opposite, I’ve found his reaction to be townie), despite my BM-fuckery.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2020, 04:49:06 pm »

have you hit your head and became a patient at a hospital with a head injury or something?

my reasoning makes total sense!

Vote: Galz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2020, 05:00:40 pm »

have you hit your head and became a patient at a hospital with a head injury or something?

Omg this is so characteristic of Swowl I almost forgot there was a posting restriction.

I'm fairly certain he's town based on this, but I might be biased.

I don't think they're partners with Galzria, so I wouldn't want to vote them...maybe I should get more scumreads?

Vote: Swowl if it's not Galzria it's probably Swowl, and I feel like assuming Galzria is town is correct.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2020, 05:02:56 pm »

I thinks it’s some version of both....fucking around and fucking with us. They are both already kind of scum-likely and now they are just trolling us with over the top scumminess! Or it could be you and Galz doing the same thing. One of you is the unknowing banter partner and the other two laugh and laugh. I have to say it’s kind of charming though, but I’m a bit twisted so, there you go.

Oh, Galzy, we definitely need a QT one day! We could swap recipes and witty commentary and you could teach me stuff.

I hope the evening treats everyone well!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2020, 05:05:47 pm »

I think you may be the spokesperson for “hit your head and become a patient at a hospital” syndrome.

I find it hard to believe that anybody could reasonably argue that it’s more likely for scum!Galzria to come out with an asinine play/suggestion just to fuck around and make a spectacle D1 than it is for town!Galzria to do so.

And considering from whichever vantage point - look at the way MiX has responded. It’s about the towniest response I’ve ever seen from MiX (which with my luck will probably make him scum, but that’s just how fate works sometimes).

Mafia Record:

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2020, 05:40:48 pm »

When I read these posts I keep trying to figure out what the secret word is; I have to admit some of you have done a great job -  I wish I were as good a composer of posts as y'all to sneak my word in. Well, that or people will have a lot of disqualifications!

That said, I'm in my usual D1 lost on who's might be town vs scum.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2020, 06:19:58 pm »

When I read these posts I keep trying to figure out what the secret word is; I have to admit some of you have done a great job -  I wish I were as good a composer of posts as y'all to sneak my word in. Well, that or people will have a lot of disqualifications!

Just abridge your reread and vote MiX with me.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2020, 06:44:49 pm »

This vote string seems to be so much random made up stuff that it could be compared to Donald Trump's presidency
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2020, 06:45:25 pm »

We need to define who the town players are
LL appears to meet that criterion right now

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2020, 06:46:28 pm »

It would be good to get a circulation of the attack and lynch statistics

Request: vote count

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2020, 06:47:09 pm »

And there are some people who have yet to give an opinion at this moment

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2020, 06:52:09 pm »

I think one challenge of this set up - it contributes to a lot of environmental noise. Of course, I'm one of those contributors.

What's the case against MiX?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2020, 07:27:00 pm »

Just abridge your reread and vote MiX with me.

Why are you adamant I'm scum? Given lynchpool, I think you're town, but that doesn't give me hope that you'll get an accurate read eventually.

I think one challenge of this set up - it contributes to a lot of environmental noise. Of course, I'm one of those contributors.

That's the main weakness of this setup, noise out of the posting restriction. It will be fun once votes start flying like crazy, don't worry.

Do you have reads? Not forcing it, just asking if you have any that stand out.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2020, 07:38:17 pm »

I am super worried about when we need to poster faster and vote more frequently!  The identity of scum becomes more clear in those moments, but the posting rules are going to make it hard.

vote: Swowl I've been wrong about Galz a lot recently, or only half-right. So, I am going to endeavor to trust him for the moment

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2020, 08:36:30 pm »

Words seemed to fly around like a butterfly leaving its habitat.  Everyone was worried about the domination of the mafia.  There had also been reports of creatures of a terrible size in the marsh.  This variable had to be taken into account.  Nobody could keep cool, an indication that there may never again be a calm scene.

Vote Count 1.2

Not Voting (2): scolapasta, EFHW
Galzria (2): LaLight, Swowl
MiX (2): mail-mi, Awaclus
WestCoastDidds (1): Joseph2302
Joseph2302 (1): chairs
Swowl (3): Galzria, MiX, WestCoastDidds

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 1 will end Sunday, June 21 at 9:00 PM Forum Time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:40:37 pm by sudgy »
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2020, 09:00:00 pm »

I am super worried about when we need to poster faster and vote more frequently!  The identity of scum becomes more clear in those moments, but the posting rules are going to make it hard.

vote: Swowl I've been wrong about Galz a lot recently, or only half-right. So, I am going to endeavor to trust him for the moment

This is an extremely good point from WCD. We absolutely cannot let the lynch go to the wire where our collective output of posts generally goes up dramatically. There’s absolutely no way that we can balance that with the posting restriction.

Mafia Record:

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2020, 09:27:57 pm »

I'll impound my opinion on that and instead raise the question: what isn't the case against MiX?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2020, 07:43:33 am »

Is "Not Voting" in the right spot in the vote count?

This is an extremely good point from WCD. We absolutely cannot let the lynch go to the wire where our collective output of posts generally goes up dramatically. There’s absolutely no way that we can balance that with the posting restriction.

Oh dear lord you're right. This is actually going to be a hard game. Let's just assume Swowl is scum and roll with it that'll get the game going.

I'll impound my opinion on that and instead raise the question: what isn't the case against MiX?

Oh Awaclus, how could I ever live without you. How does one answer that question? I'm curious now.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2020, 08:43:35 am »

Good morning!

I find myself thinking about stopping in to say hi after I’ve read to catch up and see what’s going on, but sometimes the effort for coverage is not worth the effort of looking up my word. The words simultaneously tamp down extra posts, but also create all kinds of fluffy posts where the word choice can’t really be scrutinized because we’re all using new vocabulary, similes, metaphors, and other linguistic devices.

Does anyone have a good system for how they are managing their word lists? I’ve got mine in a note on my phone with check boxes, but it’s not terribly efficient. Better ideas?

I find it highly ironic that MiX is Awaclus’ biggest fan....and Awaclus is voting for MiX.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 20 queries.