Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interaction between +Card Tokens and Split Piles w/Treasure?  (Read 1582 times)

GrandpaGarou

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile

For example, if Seaway/Teacher/Pathfinding was used on Gladiator or Catapult, does the +Buy/+Card/+whatever also trigger when Fortune or Rocks is played?

I'm aware that if, for example, a +Action Token was placed on Patrician, you still get the extra Action when using Emporium, but I was wondering on the interaction between Gladiator/Fortune and Catapult/Rocks.

Also, although Castles has 2 Actions, does it count as an "Action Supply Pile" as well or just a pure "Victory Pile?" Are +Card/+Action Tokens unable to be placed on this pile?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 03:36:28 am by GrandpaGarou »

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
Re: Interaction between +Card Tokens and Split Piles w/Treasure?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 03:41:55 am »
+2

If a token is put on a pile, it applies to every card in that pile: put your +1 Card token on Catapult and it also applies to Rocks.

Castles has Actions and Treasures in it, but it is not an Action or Treasure supply pile - we go by the randomizer, and the randomizer has neither of those types. Having said that, if you somehow manage to get a token on it (Seaway is, I think, the only currently canonical way to do so), then that token will fire whenever you play a Castle. (How you play most Castles is an exercise left up to the reader.)
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

GrandpaGarou

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Interaction between +Card Tokens and Split Piles w/Treasure?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 03:55:52 am »

Thank you!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.