Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nice idea from Silverback  (Read 1618 times)

MasterAir

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Nice idea from Silverback
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:00:24 am »

I was disappointed by this game, it looked for a moment like Worker's Village + Counting House + Bank was going to beat my boring plod with BM+Labs in this Colony game.  Kudos to Silverback for buying a Colony using only copper, but alas, it was not to be.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/22/game-20120322-055613-1a424097.html

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Re: Nice idea from Silverback
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »

this gives me an idea. Would Chancellor combo well with Counting House?
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 01:52:05 am »

Chancellor+Counting house sounds like it works well. Unfortunately, to do play both of them, you have to have a village. So that means you have to draw village-chancellor-counting house in the same hand, but none of those cards give +cards, so that's pretty good luck you're hoping for! So practically speaking, you have to either get lucky with draws, or spam unholy numbers of villages, chancellors, and counting houses, or have an engine set up to draw the combo consistently (in which case, you might as well have an engine that draws a few extra silvers consistently).

Any of those things are typically going to be slower than straight BM+something.

Adrienaline

• Baron
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:01:58 am »

Scheme + Village + Chancellor + Counting House would work. And/or fishing village would give you the extra action for next turn as well, reducing some of the luck. But it would still be too slow.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 05:10:12 am »

this gives me an idea. Would Chancellor combo well with Counting House?
I've just very briefly searched the forum but haven't found any article or combo posting about these two. Obviously they work together very nicely if you can manage to play them together.
Edit: there is this thread in the game reports section: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1364.msg22066#msg22066

Scheme + Village + Chancellor + Counting House would work. And/or fishing village would give you the extra action for next turn as well, reducing some of the luck. But it would still be too slow.

4 cards is hard. Well, you got scheme in here and you may use FV but still it takes you a) some time to set it up and b) some time to wait to see that combination of cards on a board.

However, I had 2 games recently that I won with counting house, one was against Silverback (where did he get this idea from?? ::) ) which I did play far from optimal, I have to admit (my mountebank buy turned out absolutely wasted, e.g.). Both were with goons (so you don't mind buying extra coppers) and the game needs to be sufficiently long, ideal would be with cursers; IGG comes may come to your mind giving you the coppers, too, but then IGG games tend to be quick due to the 3 piling. In the game with Silverback there were gardens, too, and stables for cycling the deck. But as I said, I did play this far from optimally. The only thing missing here was +actions.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120320-061458-bbe1dbb6.html
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120323-173723-73b04156.html
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.